Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926611 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cutelass: 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
belle16:
Good evening Nairalanders, hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Please I am trying to renew my visa and need help me with these questions:

1. In the application form, what is meant by 'locations you plan to visit in the US?' Is it a reference to tourist sites or cities within the US?

2. Will it impact my application in any way, if I arrive in one state (e.g Washington) and depart from another (e.g California)? I need to know how best to respond to the question about arrival and departure City and this will also help me plan my movement within the US.

Thank you all so much

1. You can integrate both e.g Niagara Falls, New York
2. Not at all,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by belle16: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
@cutelass, thanks a lot for your prompt response. God bless you.�

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
OnizeB:
Please as regards those who stayed longer than they put on their D's 160, is there no hope for them at all, cos my mum did and beer interview is coming up, she has reasons to stay longer tho but if they won't buy it, is it better she just stays back and not go for it cos the interview is in Abuja n she doesn't stay in Abuja

Yes the day I went they gave over 95% who stayed longer with justifiable reasons, some produced letters of extension of stay and almost all were elderly people.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
Please has anyone had any difficulty adding dependents? Especially dependants that have an old profile. Please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
I will advise that you keep it simple at this application stage. Apply using one location and hotel. When you get the visa, you can plan your trip.

belle16:
Good evening Nairalanders, hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Please I am trying to renew my visa and need help me with these questions:

1. In the application form, what is meant by 'locations you plan to visit in the US?' Is it a reference to tourist sites or cities within the US?

2. Will it impact my application in any way, if I arrive in one state (e.g Washington) and depart from another (e.g California)? I need to know how best to respond to the question about arrival and departure City and this will also help me plan my movement within the US.

Thank you all so much

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HajiaRai: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2022
It is best you contact the embassy/consulate. You most likely need to deactivate the old profile before you can add them to your profile.

flourishing247:
Please has anyone had any difficulty adding dependents? Especially dependants that have an old profile. Please help.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
HajiaRai:
It is best you contact the embassy/consulate. You most likely need to deactivate the old profile before you can add them to your profile.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reni1: 3:11am On Mar 20, 2022
Pepes:
Dates opened o 18th 21st and 24th March oya o
Oga Pepes the defender, Abeg, I need your help with these dates. How you fit help me. Make I yarn you the matter finish, I need the date make my mother-in-law come help us do Omugwo. My wife just born pikin for here, and we no too get money for a live-in nanny way go cost ~$2,000 p.month. If we fit see date make she go interview e go help us no be small. Biko!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 6:16am On Mar 20, 2022
I don’t think @Pepes is an agent peddling interview dates upandan. He only notified the platform upon discovering that interview dates for IW were available.
Then you need to confirm if your mother in law qualified for Dropbox/IW which was what @Pepes announced…

Reni1:

Oga Pepes the defender, Abeg, I need your help with these dates. How you fit help me. Make I yarn you the matter finish, I need the date make my mother-in-law come help us do Omugwo. My wife just born pikin for here, and we no too get money for a live-in nanny way go cost ~$2,000 p.month. If we fit see date make she go interview e go help us no be small. Biko!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by amjustme2: 6:58am On Mar 20, 2022
Since my dependents also qualified for IW,
I called embassy to update their DS-160 Confirmation number only.

That was after I had secured appointment date.

flourishing247:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zblade: 7:40am On Mar 20, 2022
Where you able to resolve it...or you had to escalate ??

mrlien:
Mine still says “document delivery information”, doesn’t say passport still with the embassy or ready for pickup. Issued on 2nd march, submitted on 25th February. Anyone in my same shoe?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sheezybobby(m): 7:40am On Mar 20, 2022
https:///Em0rbtBfOEDExMTwVolAKY

Attached Above is a WhatsApp Group Link for B1/B2 Immigration discussion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reni1: 7:47am On Mar 20, 2022
Dampops:
I don’t think @Pepes is an agent peddling interview dates upandan. He only notified the platform upon discovering that interview dates for IW were available.
Then you need to confirm if your mother in law qualified for Dropbox/IW which was what @Pepes announced…

Dampops, thanks for replying to my request. She does not qualify for an Interview Waiver as her visa expires in 2018. Thus, we need to be physically present for the interview.

Its seems I have to keep refreshing this page to see when Pepes updates it to book an interview. Do you know if this is the only forum where such updates are posted ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OnizeB: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2022
Thanks alot
megastu:

Yes the day I went they gave over 95% who stayed longer with justifiable reasons, some produced letters of extension of stay and almost all were elderly people.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OnizeB: 7:57am On Mar 20, 2022
Guys pls help, we changed somethings on our Ds160 form since status has changed since last year, I was able to update the new code for my mum who is the principal applicant, but there is no provision to update mine, pls what do I do, my interview is this week pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blessedluvdfavd: 8:18am On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=Newsolutions post=111123414]
Either you mail the embassy or you book follow up appointment.

Thanks, I sent them a mail already. Unable to book any appointments because that option is no longer available on the scheduling website.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blessedluvdfavd: 8:24am On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=Tilda25 post=111120761]Sorry about this, I suggest you share the content of the white paper here so we have an idea why she refused, then we can help out. Thankfully, a refusal is not a final decision.

Thanks but that's the problem, she says she didn't receive any paper. We only knew it was refused when she couldn't find a visa stamp on her passport and we checked online.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by peace2007: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2022
OnizeB:
Guys pls help, we changed somethings on our Ds160 form since status has changed since last year, I was able to update the new code for my mum who is the principal applicant, but there is no provision to update mine, pls what do I do, my interview is this week pls help

Yours don't need to be updated, since ur mother is the principal applicant her own is the main one that needs to be updated, just go with ur previous ds160 and current one to the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OnizeB: 9:25am On Mar 20, 2022
God bless you... Thanks so much... Pls I'm new to this thing, when they ask for documents will I show them the new one??
peace2007:

Yours don't need to be updated, since ur mother is the principal applicant her own is the main one that needs to be updated, just go with ur previous ds160 and current one to the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2022
amjustme2:
Since my dependents also qualified for IW,
I called embassy to update their DS-160 Confirmation number only.

That was after I had secured appointment date.

Ok. You secured appointment first before calling the embassy? I think this is the best option.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2022
Why does profile freeze and tells you it will open after 72 hours? Someone is trying to book a date for IW. Entered yesterday no issue, entered today and it gave the info that it will be frozen for 72 hours.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shawlar(m): 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
You are only allowed to log into the interview portal a limited no. of times (3, I think) per day. If you try to exceed the limit, the profile is frozen for 72hours.

megastu:
Why does profile freeze and tells you it will open after 72 hours? Someone is trying to book a date for IW. Entered yesterday no issue, entered today and it gave the info that it will be frozen for 72 hours.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by amjustme2: 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
Honestly securing date was my most important concern.

I knew I can update any records.

But I am not saying that's the best.

flourishing247:

Ok. You secured appointment first before calling the embassy? I think this is the best option.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funtees: 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Please the WhatsApp link is saying page not found, I have also copied the link to search but same. I need help please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reni1: 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2022
Funtees:
Please the WhatsApp link is saying page not found, I have also copied the link to search but same. I need help please.
Do you mind sharing the link you are trying to access? To get the full link, click quote as though you want to reply to the link, and you will see the full link in the quote. Copy the link and the quote and you should access the group.

I attached a screenshot to this reply

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
amjustme2:
Honestly securing date was my most important concern.

I knew I can update any records.

But I am not saying that's the best.

Same here as the window for IW is closing in.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funtees: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=Reni1 post=111208972] Do you mind sharing the link you are trying to access? To get the full link, click quote as though you want to reply to the link, and you will see the full link in the quote. Copy the link and the quote and you should access the group.

Thank you so much. I have joined. Only 4 peole on the platform though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mzwealthy: 1:41am On Mar 21, 2022
Please for people dat has successfully gone foe USVISAIW. Please is it the oyinbos or Nigerians dat collect the documents? And also do they ask any question at all .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:18am On Mar 21, 2022
Nigerians…outside the consulate. You just drop your passport and photograph, and go (after they’ve verified the other 3 documents

Mzwealthy:
Please for people dat has successfully gone foe USVISAIW. Please is it the oyinbos or Nigerians dat collect the documents? And also do they ask any question at all .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:56am On Mar 21, 2022
Please if anyone sees dates for IW, please mention me. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nikanne: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2022
Please is there anyone that their application was placed on administrative processing after an interview. How long did it take before you got a response back? Was the visa eventually issued?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2022
Did you try joining the IW group?

https:///+dlRgY2o53UsxMTY0

flourishing247:
Please if anyone sees dates for IW, please mention me. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Djswad(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.