Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (939650 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Baloemmy23(m): 1:44am On May 06, 2022
fkj950ax:

You need to read a bit on how the US runs its visa policy and processes.

Sponsor you as what? That will determine what visa category you can apply for.
. Please where can I find it so I can read about it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:18am On May 06, 2022
Baloemmy23:
. Please where can I find it so I can read about it
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wizard.html (See what you qualify for here)

You can be sponsored as An Employee; A Spouse; A Sibling; A Parent; A Child.
All come with different processes, fees, time, and documentation.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html (Read all about it here)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:15pm On May 06, 2022
Vigorousguy:
I have been a silent reader, I wish to share my own interview transcript at Abuja embassy.
I went with my aunt and her husband who is in his 80s. We planned to attend my cousins graduation last year but because of delay with appointment we couldn't.
Vo have you been to America? My uncle several times, me NO.
VO to me are you married my response was not yet.
VO how long do you want to stay. My uncle response as long as I want reason that he is retired. My aunt 1 month. My response was I want to use my annual leave to spend 2 weeks. VO started typing up and down and there was silence.
VO to me why have you never travelled? I smiled and said I have never been opportuned that is why I want to visit this time.
VO what do you do? I work as a branch manager to a bank.
VO to my uncle how long have I lived with them he responded over 18 years.
VO brought out a white paper and collected our passport. I just collected our passports from DHL this night.
Just to raise some hopes, I'm in my early 30s, single and have never visited any country. I got US visa at my 1st application.

Good news finally.... having a good job helps sometimes
Let us keep having faith.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Berylstanz: 2:41pm On May 06, 2022
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. My parents were asked to schedule a follow up interview and received the letter below. I just want to know if you received the same, because they are not sure if they are meant to go into the embassy or go the dhl and resubmit…because on the new interview info the address is showing the dhl office..thanks for your response

BizErikah:
A journey that began on 23rd March, has finally ended.
I was refused and asked to come in on any Thursday for a follow up interview
I got there and was told to submit fingerprints.
Which I did and application changed to issued.
I picked up passport on 28th April in Abuja.
Same day I got a pick up mail from DHL.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, it helped me mentally.
Cos this people are totally unpredictable.

I was able to fly out sane 28th.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zellfoxx: 5:30pm On May 06, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AmeliaT: 10:43pm On May 06, 2022
I have dual citizenship. Nigerian/British. When going to America, I get an ESTA using my British passport. Get the 10 year visa in your other passport by applying in that country.

tasho105:
Hello Nairalanders,

For a person with dual citizenship, ...naija and one of the islands in the south pacific that is not visa free to US.
- Is it possible to go for interview in Nigeria and get a 10 year visa on the other passport, instead of the Nigerian pport that they issue 2 years visa....prefers a 10 years visa than the 2 years

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 10:56pm On May 06, 2022
Where and when did you apply please?
Berylstanz:
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. My parents were asked to schedule a follow up interview and received the letter below. I just want to know if you received the same, because they are not sure if they are meant to go into the embassy or go the dhl and resubmit…because on the new interview info the address is showing the dhl office..thanks for your response

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Berylstanz: 1:11am On May 07, 2022
Applied in Abuja around ending of March, passport dropped off on April 21, got the response on April 25, rescheduled for June

ozymes:
Where and when did you apply please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bobobri(m): 2:26am On May 07, 2022
Odekunle84:
Good morning everyone in the house
I have problem with my agent have paid since February for the early date and appointment. So he has not given me date and appointments since then, he keep on telling stories that have not confirmed my appointment date since February till this moment. So now he told that they are doing maintenance since three weeks ago.please help me out oooo
If you don't mind how much did you pay the agent for the early date appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 7:33am On May 07, 2022
Its at the Embassy, Abuja
Berylstanz:
Applied in Abuja around ending of March, passport dropped off on April 21, got the response on April 25, rescheduled for June

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by belle16: 7:59am On May 07, 2022
Good morning family. Please, I need help with these questions from anyone who has traveled to the US recently:

a. What specific covid test is required?

b. Did you apply for PTA via the TRMS and how long did it take to get a response?

c. What follow up action can I take if I have not received a response in 3 days?

d. Is there a way to check for status update on the TRMS portal?

Thanks a million in anticipation of your speedy response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by itoski(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2022
bobobri:

If you don't mind how much did you pay the agent for the early date appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lordchosen: 12:11pm On May 07, 2022
Christabeliciou:
My questions are below please.

Going for Vacation is it not a valid reason?

You are sponsoring your trip yourself, is it not a valid reason?

Returning back to your work place, and to your children and husband is it not a valid reason?

What other valid reason again.

lol all the above are valid reasons...but trust me VO will not consider that a valid reason for nigerians

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lordchosen: 12:27pm On May 07, 2022
Maxchu:
Hello, I want to ask a question ,A friend is in the US Presently ,He Traveled with Tourist Visa He has Spents 3 Months Now .

He Met a Nigerian Lady who is a Citizen in a Mall ,He heard the Woman Speaks her Dialects,he Greeted her ,Well they became friends ,Visits ,they became intimate Friends Etc Started . According to what He Told me ,I have chatted live with both of them via Videos and Phone .He told me She is one of the first set of Nigerians that Won Visa Lottery when it was Sooo New Many Years ago .

The Woman is a single mother of one ,Lives alone .

The Relationship is getting so deep that they are planning to marry each other .

His Tourist Visa Would Expire in 3 months time, I'm Advising him not to Overstay his Tourist Visa .I also advised that He could get Married to her ,Obtain Marriage Certificate then get back to Nigeria then she can File for him ,Spouse Visa ....

I have not Traveled before to USA ,I only read about Travelling Experiences ..Please Folks that have Experience ...I need your Input on this ..

He is a very Nice Fellow ,I have heard that Overstaying after Visa Expiration can be So Bad ..

Waiting for your Advise .
It's Urgent..Thanks .

your friend have overstayed his visa already....... i believed he told the VO is going on 2 or 3 weeks vacation....staying in US for 3 months is a redflag already.... better to stay and adjust his status....he will be placed on forever AP if he tries to apply for spouse visa from nigeria

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odekunle84(m): 2:08pm On May 07, 2022
I pay 300k for the family of 4 sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by itoski(m): 2:47pm On May 07, 2022
Odekunle84:
I pay 300k for the family of 4 sir
Is it the agent that's is undergoing maintenance or the embassy shocked

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odekunle84(m): 3:08pm On May 07, 2022
That’s what the agent told me and my family ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odekunle84(m): 3:10pm On May 07, 2022
I made the visa fees by myself since February 16 now date no appointment he keep on telling me stories
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:57pm On May 07, 2022
Odekunle84:
I made the visa fees by myself since February 16 now date no appointment he keep on telling me stories

There is no special thing they will do than check the appointment page until a date is booked using your profile. You can do this yourself.
If you had logged in, picked the available date as at Feb 16, and kept checking for dates, you would have gotten one closer, rescheduled and attended your interview by now.

It doesn’t matter if it’s 4 people. You need just 1 appointment, and you list the other 3 people.
Feb was when IW started I think, and it opened dates for regular appointments, people got closer dates.

Ask him for your login info and check it yourself along with him.

There is no maintenance going on. There has been no maintenance since Feb 16

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:45pm On May 07, 2022
Odekunle84:
That’s what the agent told me and my family ooo

I've asked you before. Is this appointment for Interview waiver or normal interview?
Your response will determine the advice you will be given here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omoluv5: 10:06pm On May 07, 2022
Yes... It's been sorted, thanks so much...

UmmZayd:

Was the reschedule successful and you were able to print out a new appointment letter?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CptCharlesVane: 10:14pm On May 07, 2022
How long did it take (processing time), 2 months?
Somandla:
I don't know if this might help someone out there.

I am South African, our IW started in Nov after travel ban was lifted.

I called call the embassy call center, told them I qualify for IW but can't schedule app as it showed no appointments, they then asked for my Ds160, and asked me to log in , upon logging in there was a page with 3 qualifying questions
E.g
1. has your visa expired in Less than 48months? ( bear in mind our visa validity is 10yrs)

2. Did you capture biometrics at the embassy?

3. Are you applying under the same vis a category?

That's how I was able to get IW letter and scheduled DHL drop off & pick up.

So contact your embassy�

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CptCharlesVane: 10:22pm On May 07, 2022
Please how long did it take (processing time), 2 months?
Kween2014:
My appointment was for 8am this morning. Got here 7:35 and I’m done grin. It was easy peasy. You get into that first check point area where there are lots of chairs and they check your old visa, receipt, appointment confirmation and Ds 160 confirmation page. They collect your passport or passports and your passport photo only and tell you have a nice day. That’s all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 11:46am On May 08, 2022
Pilot4Airbus:

Next available date is February 2023, I was able to land October 2022 after checking for 2weeks.

Still actively checking so I can get an earlier date.
pls is it IW? As u av choose October 22 can u still go ahead of checking until u get desirable date for urself?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nellyalph: 1:47pm On May 08, 2022
Has anyone experienced this? I paid for B2/B2for my mom on April 2021. She couldn’t get a date till Feb 2022. Now the date that was rescheduled by me is Nov 2022. That was a mistake tho.

My question is since visa fees expires in one year which is April 2022. Do I have to pay any other fees so I can keep her November appointment date? Or do I have to start a whole new application? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shawlar(m): 4:55pm On May 08, 2022
Pls ooo... 2 is a very valid Question here

For those who have travelled recently, how did you apply for your PTA? Did you use the trade monitoring system or Bank? and how was the response? Could you apply for co-travellers on your profile? Pls share your experience(s). |Thanks

belle16:
Good morning family. Please, I need help with these questions from anyone who has traveled to the US recently:

a. What specific covid test is required?

b. Did you apply for PTA via the TRMS and how long did it take to get a response?

c. What follow up action can I take if I have not received a response in 3 days?

d. Is there a way to check for status update on the TRMS portal?

Thanks a million in anticipation of your speedy response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:47pm On May 08, 2022
Odekunle84:
I pay sir
See below
Kerimobigoody:
Appointment date November 8, 2022 available at the Abuja embassy now

You just missed earning 300k sha shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olasubomy: 9:11pm On May 08, 2022
Good day, beautiful peeps,

My younger sister is presently in the United States due to deliver of her baby anytime from now, and my mum is there with her also.

The issue is that she has been trying to get a date for her husband for an interview but has not been able to secure one. Her husband has never been to the united states before. He has a previous USA refusal some years back when he was attempting to visit his sister for her graduation, who is currently a US citizen.

The above is the summary details of the present situation.

My question is how to get a date for her husband for an interview?. I would appreciate your guidance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)