Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (937113 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 8:36pm On May 02, 2022
fkj950ax:

The probability of anothet refusal is very high since you have a pending migrant application in process.
And you most likely won't get dates since it's in a few months.
I think you may need to consider sitting it out for the wedding.

I beg to disagree with you. Having a pending petition does not affect your chances of getting a US visa.

If one was refused, it does not have anything to do with it as long as you are truthful, there is a question on the form that has to do with that . Just say yes and mention whoever did the filing.

We have a pending petition for alien relative ( sibling ) and we have renewed our visas quite a number of times .

Although the probability of refusal is high as you have mentioned,. When was the wedding fixed? How close are you to this cousin? How come you didn't mention it earlier , what do you know about who your cousin is getting married to, how long have they dated? Where did they meet? These are the questions you may be asked .
it's also too soon, you may wish to give it time before you reapply , I don't think changing location will make any difference as they already have your details on their system

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 02, 2022
I actually had plans to attend the wedding with my fiancee since he's also part of the groomsmen. The plan was to go visit him,and we'll attend the wedding together. When she asked why he didnt file for me,i simply said i am not ready to leave my job now since I'm expecting a promotion by next year. But my cousin said he will invite me himself,which is why i am applying again. As for date, i will definitely get a date soon by God's grace, and i will receive outstanding favour for the visa. But is K1 part of immigrant visa? I thought its still a non immigrant visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bali233: 9:16pm On May 02, 2022
Pls when s the best time of the day to check and get date for dropbox renewal? Pls help me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by earthrealm(m): 5:55am On May 03, 2022
FunmiSparkle:
Hello everyone. Is there a better chance in applying to abuja rather than lagos for interview? I want to apply for B2 visa to attend my cousin's wedding. I was initially refused visa recently because i said i wanted to visit my fiance. The VO said he should file for me instead. He has filed now,but i need to attend my cousin's wedding in a few months. Should i choose lagos or Abuja?

Hmmm, this may not be what you want to hear.

Applying again so soon after this denial screams desperation and intent to go be with your fiance.
You will likely be denied again. Best to wait upto 6 to 12months b4 reapplying and then be truthful about the filing done by your fiance..

You started off on the wrong foot, i hope this doesnt haunt you for a long time.
Visas are rarely issued for fiance visits.
Its expected the people get married and the be filed for.
Note that filing takes some time though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:22am On May 03, 2022
puffmama:

I beg to disagree with you.

Beg how. You don't have to o. It's a public forum. You can disagree freely and at will.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 7:49am On May 03, 2022
Good day nairalanders. Happy Eid to everyone celebrating.
Please does anyone know what it looks like or care to share experiences with picking up their passports from DHL Abuja? The IW submission was hellish and I need to know what to expect at pickup.
TY.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 11:40am On May 03, 2022
When and what time did you submit?
fcisca:
Please does anyone know what it looks like or care to share experiences with picking up their passports from DHL Abuja? The IW submission was hellish and I need to know what to expect at pickup.
TY.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 11:59am On May 03, 2022
OGFX:
Good day to the gurus to the house
I applied for a b1 visa and scheduled an appointment (2024 is the available date). I later requested for an emergency appointment which was denied without any reason whatsoever. I did a research online that I should try Abuja thereby prompting me to pay another visa fee all in the name of rescheduling to get another chance at expediting an appointment at Abuja. However, I realized it was the old receipt fee no that kept popping out with my new appointment (December is the available date for Abuja) because the expedited appointment didn’t reflect on my dashboard anymore. Later did research and found that you can only request for one expedited application . My question now to the house bothers on if there is any solution or idea or step one could take to get a date for Interview through the expedited appointment . I appreciate anyone with any knowledge or idea. God bless

The only step is to apply how you have applied and if they find the situation to be urgent, they will approve it. If it's not, they will deny it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 3:52pm On May 03, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Well him filing for you means you have immigrant interest and that violates visitors visa rule .I doubt you ll ever get it.you may have to wait until your filing becomes current. THEY don't normally give people like that. You ll still get the same answer. They ll ask you to wait

Nah. They will issue if they are convinced you will come back. I know people that are in the same boat that got visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 4:27pm On May 03, 2022
21st April. The passport’s been ready for collection since last week Thursday but I have been dreading that DHL experience and hoping that the crowd woulda thinned out a little.

ozymes:
When and what time did you submit?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tytmed: 6:12pm On May 03, 2022
Hello everyone, Happy Eid.
I just checked the states of my application and it says “Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery”
Please what does this mean? I didn’t ask for delivery.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 8:12pm On May 03, 2022
You need to go very early
fcisca:
21st April. The passport’s been ready for collection since last week Thursday but I have been dreading that DHL experience and hoping that the crowd woulda thinned out a little.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 8:14pm On May 03, 2022
When, where and what time did you submit please?
tytmed:
Hello everyone, Happy Eid.
I just checked the states of my application and it says “Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery”
Please what does this mean? I didn’t ask for delivery.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tytmed: 8:36pm On May 03, 2022
ozymes:
When, where and what time did you submit please?
1 submitted in Lagos on the 21st of April

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by davidmatin: 8:40pm On May 03, 2022
Please I omitted my middle while filling my visa appointment schedule, and my visa interview confirmation came out without my middle name. Every other information is correct. It's just the middle name omission.

Would it be accepted at the consulate?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NotsonewMary(f): 12:08am On May 04, 2022
fkj950ax:

Beg how. You don't have to o. It's a public forum. You can disagree freely and at will.

“I beg to” in that context is an expression smiley. It’s like saying, I beg to differ. It just means he/she politely disagrees with you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NotsonewMary(f): 12:11am On May 04, 2022
Please what’s the current vaccination or testing requirements for intending travelers to the US?

If there’s a link where I can find current information I’ll appreciate that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NotsonewMary(f): 12:17am On May 04, 2022
fcisca:
TY.

Pick up is also hellish, based on my mum’s experience. She was there for over 6 hours before she could pick up last week.

She mentioned that the DHL workers even started collecting bribes of 5k and upwards from some people in order to fast-rack their collection. It is well with this country!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:20am On May 04, 2022
NotsonewMary:

She mentioned that the DHL workers even started collecting bribes of 5k and upwards from some people in order to fast-rack their collection. It is well with this country!!

There is something inherently wrong with some Nigerians, and until this is solved, the country ain't going to get better.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by earthrealm(m): 7:32am On May 04, 2022
fcisca:
TY.

Pick up is same hellish o.
They only attend to first 150 people who get number/write down their names...
Best you go there b4 6am....get your number..u can then decide to hang around or come back when they reopen

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 8:34am On May 04, 2022
Good morning my wonderful people here, Gurus in the house, will be going. For a conference at milwaukee on the 21st, fare to that place is crazily high, heard chicago airport is extremely strict too, although by air is just less than an hour to milwaukee please i need suggestions and advice please
NOTE: I’m a first time traveller
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Transporter52: 9:17am On May 04, 2022
I'd like to ask you some questions. I sent you an email
iyanuakin:
Good morning my wonderful people here, Gurus in the house, will be going. For a conference at milwaukee on the 21st, fare to that place is crazily high, heard chicago airport is extremely strict too, although by air is just less than an hour to milwaukee please i need suggestions and advice please
NOTE: I’m a first time traveller
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2022
Transporter52:
I'd like to ask you some questions. I sent you an email

Alright bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tytmed: 10:33am On May 04, 2022
Good morning, please what dues this mean “Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery”? I submitted my passport 2 weeks ago. I Need to pick it up urgently.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odekunle84(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2022
Good morning everyone in the house
I have problem with my agent have paid since February for the early date and appointment. So he has not given me date and appointments since then, he keep on telling stories that have not confirmed my appointment date since February till this moment. So now he told that they are doing maintenance since three weeks ago.please help me out oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 10:41am On May 04, 2022
bali233:
Pls when s the best time of the day to check and get date for dropbox renewal? Pls help me

It's best to join the telegram group but be ready to put in the work if not you will be removed

IW Lagos

https:///USVISAIW

IW Abuja

https:///+YZPBLCNMZMo3Yzg0
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 10:42am On May 04, 2022
Odekunle84:
I have problem with my agent have paid since February for the early date and appointment. So he has not given me date and appointments since then, he keep on telling stories that have not confirmed my appointment date since February till this moment. So now he told that they are doing maintenance since three weeks ago.please help me out oooo

I hope you have not been scammed ? Maintenance indeed .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 11:04am On May 04, 2022
Odekunle84:

Well, it's time you as for your login details and start searching for dates yourself because there's nothing like "maintenance"

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candidisaac: 11:33am On May 04, 2022
puffmama:

� �

I hope you have not been scammed ? Maintenance indeed .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by odekunles90: 11:42am On May 04, 2022
Hello everyone.pls how many days does it take to get confirmation date after being booking for appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 12:03pm On May 04, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Well him filing for you means you have immigrant interest and that violates visitors visa rule .I doubt you ll ever get it.you may have to wait until your filing becomes current. THEY don't normally give people like that. You ll still get the same answer. They ll ask you to wait

No harm in trying although they likelihood of getting reduces when you have indicated immigration interest but not impossible.

I have a pending immigration case but got multiple b1/b2 while waiting. I’m in the USA on a work visa and still waiting for my immigration case so nothing is impossible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 12:12pm On May 04, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I trust you guys are doing okay.

Please has anyone travelled/knows someone who has travelled recently to the US? I need some CLARITY with regards to the PCR test to be done a DAY BEFORE DEPARTURE.

What are the recommended testing clinics? I have seen some bad reviews about some testing centers, and it is giving me some anxiety, LOL! I need a trusted clinic, where I can do the test and receive my result promptly, given that departure is the next day...

I will appreciate some feedback...Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Eddykurrent(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.