Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (929975 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shawlar(m): 12:22pm On May 04, 2022
ossytony01:
God bless you @Shawlar you have just pointed out a very key point! I didn't even think of that... the passport is expiring Feb 2023 that's less that a year validity while the visa is 2 years! shocked

I guess that's the issue. Would get her a new passport right away.

Thanks everyone, will surely revert here with the good news of successfully obtaining the visa by God's special grace!

Nah, I dont think this expiry date of Feb 2023 is much of an issue tbh. Expiry dates that are within 6months of the interview date are usually what is frowned at. Just prepare for the other issues like others have advised and make sure u cover all bases. Good luck.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shawlar(m): 12:23pm On May 04, 2022
Pls does anyone have any idea what the next available interview date is for Abuja..??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pilot4Airbus(m): 12:30pm On May 04, 2022
shawlar:

Pls does anyone have any idea what the next available interview date is for Abuja..??

Next available date is February 2023, I was able to land October 2022 after checking for 2weeks.

Still actively checking so I can get an earlier date.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pilot4Airbus(m): 12:32pm On May 04, 2022
CheersToLife:
Hello Everyone!

I trust you guys are doing okay.

Please has anyone travelled/knows someone who has travelled recently to the US? I need some CLARITY with regards to the PCR test to be done a DAY BEFORE DEPARTURE.

What are the recommended testing clinics? I have seen some bad reviews about some testing centers, and it is giving me some anxiety, LOL! I need a trusted clinic, where I can do the test and receive my result promptly, given that departure is the next day...

I will appreciate some feedback...Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

Cheers!!!

Just use Clina Lancet Laboratories

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Transporter52: 12:34pm On May 04, 2022
All I can see for Lagos and Abuja is January 2024
Pilot4Airbus:

Next available date is February 2023, I was able to land October 2022 after checking for 2weeks.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tasho105(m): 12:37pm On May 04, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,

For a person with dual citizenship, ...naija and one of the islands in the south pacific that is not visa free to US.
- Is it possible to go for interview in Nigeria and get a 10 year visa on the other passport, instead of the Nigerian pport that they issue 2 years visa....prefers a 10 years visa than the 2 years
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
tasho105:
Hello Nairalanders,

For a person with dual citizenship, ...naija and one of the islands in the south pacific that is not visa free to US.
- Is it possible to go for interview in Nigeria and get a 10 year visa on the other passport, instead of the Nigerian pport that they issue 2 years visa....prefers a 10 years visa than the 2 years

Lol and you seriously think no one prefers a 10 yrs visa. Okay, since a person has dual citizenship, the person should go to the other country and claim the citizen status there and apply for the US visa if 10yrs is issued there. But if the person wants to claim Nigerian citizenship, then 10yrs is not an option

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 1:17pm On May 04, 2022
[quote author=Pilot4Airbus post=112512969]

Just use Clina Lancet Laboratories

Hello Pilot4Airbus!

Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Cheers!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pilot4Airbus(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2022
Transporter52:

I really don’t know how that thing works, just keep checking n praying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Primetouch1: 2:39pm On May 04, 2022
Good afternoon Everyone

Asking for a friend of mine , what are the documents needed for the IW, And also how can he get dates for the IW. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 5:30pm On May 04, 2022
flourishing247:

Nah. They will issue if they are convinced you will come back. I know people that are in the same boat that got visas.
Yes there is always a slight chance .But 10:90 I will say
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 5:36pm On May 04, 2022
tasho105:
Hello Nairalanders,

Interesting question. I would apply as a Pacific Islander and disclose my Nigerian nationality in the application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shawlar(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2022
Pilot4Airbus:

Thanks alot for the response. Pls when did you get the October date?

Transporter52:

Same here, Its even Mar/April 2024 I'm seeing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by canafirstson: 6:35pm On May 04, 2022
Hi,

Does anyone know travel insurance that will cover pre-existing conditions?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 8:22pm On May 04, 2022
Thank you @NotsonewMary and @Earthrealm.

After six hellish hours at the DHL Abuja, I collected my passport with the visa issued.
If you wish to spend less time, get there before 6AM and you may be lucky to be among the first 20, then you are certain to be done by 9AM. Goodluck to everyone in the application pool.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 8:24pm On May 04, 2022

After six hours at the DHL Abuja, I collected my passport with the visa issued.
If you wish to spend less time, get there before 6AM and you may be lucky to be among the first 20, then you are certain to be done by 9AM. Goodluck to everyone in the application pool.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2022
fcisca:
After six hours at the DHL Abuja, I collected my passport with the visa issued.

Oh wow.
6.00am to 9.00am to be among the first 20 is a very inefficient process.
Why things must be tedious and stressful in Nigeria just amazes me.
That's why it's easy for touts to take advantage of people by demanding N5k.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SolaRabs: 12:53am On May 05, 2022
Hello All,

Please I am new here, I applied for Dropbox in Lagos on 21 April. I didnt receive any email confirmation only a document at the embassy for pick up. I am in a dilemma, I am unable to track my application on my profiled account. as it is no longer showing. It used to state it was at the embassy. Tracking on CEAC states that it has been issued since the 29th of April. Do I just go to DHL office and check if its been delivered. Is anyone in this situation. I have a work trip in two weeks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Baloemmy23(m): 4:02am On May 05, 2022
Please am new here, I have someone who is in the US and she's planning on sponsoring my travel to come meet her over there so she wants me to make enquiry about how the procedures are pls can someone put more light into this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Baloemmy23(m): 4:04am On May 05, 2022
[Please how did you apply �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:28am On May 05, 2022
SolaRabs:
Hello All,

Please I am new here, I applied for Dropbox in Lagos on 21 April. I didnt receive any email confirmation only a document at the embassy for pick up.

Read back 3 or 4 pages.
I think there are a couple of responses along this line
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:30am On May 05, 2022
Baloemmy23:
Please am new here, I have someone who is in the US and she's planning on sponsoring my travel to come meet her over there so she wants me to make enquiry about how the procedures are pls can someone put more light into this

You need to read a bit on how the US runs its visa policy and processes.

Sponsor you as what? That will determine what visa category you can apply for.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omoluv5: 8:59am On May 05, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please I need help.
I and my family scheduled our appointment for May 31st 2022 after initially cancelling our May 5th appointment. The issue now is, this morning we got a reminder that it is almost time for the interview appointment slated for 7:45am, been trying to log into the account to no avail.
What do we do please?
fkj950ax:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by earthrealm(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2022
SolaRabs:
Hello All,

Please I am new here, I applied for Dropbox in Lagos on 21 April. I didnt receive any email confirmation only a document at the embassy for pick up. I am in a dilemma, I am unable to track my application on my profiled account. as it is no longer showing. It used to state it was at the embassy. Tracking on CEAC states that it has been issued since the 29th of April. Do I just go to DHL office and check if its been delivered. Is anyone in this situation. I have a work trip in two weeks.

Go to the dhl office, you selected as pick up point.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 1:44pm On May 05, 2022
Omoluv5:
Hello everyone,
Please I need help.
I and my family scheduled our appointment for May 31st 2022 after initially cancelling our May 5th appointment. The issue now is, this morning we got a reminder that it is almost time for the interview appointment slated for 7:45am, been trying to log into the account to no avail.
What do we do please?

Was the reschedule successful and you were able to print out a new appointment letter?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BizErikah: 1:57pm On May 05, 2022
Depends on the airline.

Delta required a negative covid test even if you are vaccinated to and from the US.

Or
NotsonewMary:

Thanks for sharing. Please what is the current vaccination or COVID testing requirements for intending travelers to the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 2:34pm On May 05, 2022
fkj950ax:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:27pm On May 05, 2022
odekunles90:
Hello everyone.pls how many days does it take to get confirmation date after being booking for appointment

You get an email immediately you book an appointment. What is the issue?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:29pm On May 05, 2022
Odekunle84:
Good morning everyone in the house
I have problem with my agent have paid since February for the early date and appointment. So he has not given me date and appointments since then, he keep on telling stories that have not confirmed my appointment date since February till this moment. So now he told that they are doing maintenance since three weeks ago.please help me out oooo

Is this for first time visa? Please collect your login details and book it yourself. Stop using agents.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Alabamah(m): 6:52pm On May 05, 2022
Special greetings to everyone... I am not new here though.... I want to apply for visit visa, I'm still yet to apply though... Please how much is us visa now at GTB and if I apply this month, when is likely my appointment date with the visa officer?? I just need a rough answer very urgent please..... I have checked through about 29pages on this platform and I'm only seeing discussion about interview waiver and I believe it's not for fresher like us. Thank you in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 6:56pm On May 05, 2022
Alabamah:
Special greetings to everyone... I am not new here though.... I want to apply for visit visa, I'm still yet to apply though... Please how much is us visa now at GTB and if I apply this month, when is likely my appointment date with the visa officer?? I just need a rough answer very urgent please..... I have checked through about 29pages on this platform and I'm only seeing discussion about interview waiver and I believe it's not for fresher like us. Thank you in anticipation

Well checking through the US visa website immediately would have saved you time but fee is still $160 and the available date for B1/B2 starts from April 2024

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shangos: 7:31pm On May 05, 2022
hi everyone, first of all special thanks to everybody that has dropped comments on this thread, this provided answers to all my questions i had in my mind for my interview waiver application. After dropbox resumed i followed this thread bumper to bumper were i got to know about the telegram group which i joined, luckily that same day i was able to secure a date 29th march in lagos. drop off was smooth and visa was issued on 16th april. received email for collection on 22nd april. Went for pickup on 28th april, arrived dhl muri okunola office by 3.30pm which was crowded but i was determined. my patience paid off as they decided to attend to all of us there that day. I got my passport by 6pm. please i will still encourage all of us who have benefited from this thread to share their experience and newcomers should all also do well to read previous pages before asking questions which might have already been answered. Those applying for fresh visa can also follow up and play their part with the telegram group. thanks once again

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53