Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930260 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2022
Jobminister:

The training is from a certain certify national body and they only do in person training only in their head office in the US.

Although other individual organisation can also do that kind of training, but that national board in the US is very valid and has good prestige.

Option 2: You get an invitation letter. I hope the training fee will be refunded if you do not get the visa. The training must be related to your work and the organizer should have online presence as the VO will certainly check it out if its legit.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Erugbangban1: 12:09am On Jul 20, 2022
Hello guys, wanna share my experience at the embassy on this platform hopefully it will encourage someone, I went for my interview on the 4th of July 2022 and my visa was approved thank God.
Things I believed I did right that made me get the visa include
1. I explained extensively what my job entails and I used all professional terms relating to my job that I can think of.
2. I have been working in the same company for 5 years with good salary of about 1.2m every month.
3. I have traveled to many countries before now e.g UK, France, Germany, Southafrica, Italy, Ireland , Bulgaria, Turkey, Egypt ,Cyprus ……etc
4.I went to the interview with an open mind because sincerely I just wanted the america visa on my passport, I don’t really care if I was given or not I believe that mindset made me so confident.
I also just got back from a trip 2 weeks before my interview date which I believed that will not count in my favour, I believe the VO will think that why do i want to travel again so fast when you just came back from a trip and he could feel maybe I don’t take my job seriously
5. I am married with 2 kids.
How the interview went down
VO: what do you do for work?
Me: I work as a ……. at …………
VO: what will be doing in America
Me: booked a tour package with big bus tour and they will be taking us round New York , we will be seeing Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building etc
VO: you are talking too fast calm down…. Both of us busted into laughter.
VO: I don’t understand you said you work as a ….
Me: not currently I work as that in 2014.
VO: all looks good, your visa is approved you will allow 7-10 days for processing
Me: okay bye

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:23am On Jul 20, 2022
Erugbangban1:
Hello guys, wanna share my experience at the embassy on this platform hopefully it will encourage someone, I went for my interview on the 4th of July 2022 and my visa was approved thank God.
1. I explained extensively what my job entails and I used all professional terms relating to my job that I can think of.
2. I have been working in the same company for 5 years with good salary of about 1.2m every month.
3. I have traveled to many countries before now e.g UK, France, Germany, Southafrica, Italy, Ireland , Bulgaria, Turkey, Egypt ,Cyprus ……etc
4.I went to the interview with an open mind because sincerely I just wanted the america visa on my passport, I don’t really care if I was given or not I believe that mindset made me so confident.
I also just got back from a trip 2 weeks before my interview date which I believed that will not count in my favour, I believe the VO will think that why do i want to travel again so fast when you just came back from a trip and he could feel maybe I don’t take my job seriously
Me: booked a tour package with big bus tour and they will be taking us round New York , we will be seeing Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building etc
VO: all looks good, your visa is approved you will allow 7-10 days for processing

Hmmm....So the US Embassy opened on its Independence Day?...really
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dami106(m): 2:54am On Jul 20, 2022
E shock you? Lol
Beautyaddy:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Erugbangban1: 6:39am On Jul 20, 2022
Beautyaddy:

Some details were deliberately changed by me for a purpose but believe it or not I got the visa and I just explained what happened.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 6:42am On Jul 20, 2022
Erugbangban1:

Some details were deliberately changed by me for a purpose but believe it or not I got the visa and I just explained what happened.

That being said, July 4?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Erugbangban1: 6:50am On Jul 20, 2022
TWoods:

That being said, July 4?

I thought I just said some details were deliberately withheld by me, I changed the date for some reasons, I do not believe the date makes any difference from the positives you can take out from my visa story, anyone that is inspired by this story should feel free to be inspired.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ifax(f): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2022
Why not just leave out info you don’t want to share rather than mislead

Erugbangban1:

I thought I just said some details were deliberately withheld by me, I changed the date for some reasons, I do not believe the date makes any difference from the positives you can take out from my visa story, anyone that is inspired by this story should feel free to be inspired.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2022
thanks for sharing congratulation

Erugbangban1:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aghagba(f): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2022
FabioPeter:
Same challenge, I submitted 3rd June on the CGI profile it shows no information and on CEAC it says received 7th June. I have sent several mails and even asked for my passport to be returned, they responded that my case has been escalated. Its a week after escalation and today it shows administrative processing. I don tire.

Hi, please what emails did you use to contact them? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jobminister: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2022
ekpotek:

Option 2: You get an invitation letter. I hope the training fee will be refunded if you do not get the visa. The training must be related to your work and the organizer should have online presence as the VO will certainly check it out if its legit.

Yes there will issue invitation letter after confirmation of my payment. As for refund of training fee, I need to work on this because of their refund policy, I need to book for my training like at least six month after my interview date in case of any denial, because to get refund from them, it should be at least three month before the training start date, when it is less than three month, they can only pay 50% back, anything less than one month, my money don go be that, the people don play me MMM be that lol.
Yes the training is very well related to my job., the organization is very well known and existed since 1919 with very important purpose, with good online presence as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prosper123: 10:56am On Jul 20, 2022
I have an interview for work in the US, but the issue is that there is no money in my statement of account to show I have been receiving salary before now. Please What should I do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jobminister:
Hello everyone, please I need some advise on what to do.

Am planning to visit to the US through b1/b2 visa route. I have two options to choose from. Option one will not cost me extra cost aside flight, accommodation and chopping, while option two will cost extra 1m to 1.2m, I will explain. But I fill option two has most likelihood of securing visa than option one, I might be wrong - reason while seeking advise here.

OPTION ONE:
Am planning on going on vacation (tourist) visit and spend like one or two weeks and then return back to naija.
But am looking at it that the rejection rate for this category is very high.

OPTION TWO:
Am planning on going on one week training and return back or possibly stay back for one more extra week for vacation if allow.
I feel this option has more prospect of getting visa than option 1. But the extra cost of 1m to 1.2m that would be use for paying for the training can be of very good help if option one might not be a problem.

MY HOME TIE:
I am married with three kids ( wife and kids are here in naija).
I have a house here in naija.
I have a job that is paying me 500k plus per month and currently working there.
I have pension contribution of over 18m plus in it - not sure it is necessary.

TRAVEL HISTORY:

Travel to UK for one week training in 2012
Travel to France for one week training in 2019

NOTE:
I am not planning on japa, but just want to visit US so I can connect with one or to friends and have fun.

Now my question is which of the option would you advise me to choose, do you think I stand a good chance with any of the option. I dont want to go the and come back without my visa being approve.
book date first

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
Prosper123:
I have an interview for work in the US, but the issue is that there is no money in my statement of account to show I have been receiving salary before now. Please What should I do

What has a job interview got to do with your bank statement?
No prospective employer has any business with your financial information.
What exactly is your question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jobminister:
Hello everyone, please I need some advise on what to do.

Now my question is which of the option would you advise me to choose, do you think I stand a good chance with any of the option. I dont want to go the and come back without my visa being approve.

Option 1 and Option 2 both require a B1/2 visa, so there is no change (+/-) with the likelihood of this chance you are banking on.

And with interview dates 2024, what makes this training so important you planning to do it in future?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gracycool(f): 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
Papapa1234:
Hello Nairalanders,

Pls I need information on how to renew my children's US passport..

Thank you

Please use the link below. It has all the information you need for the application.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/passports/important-passport-information/

Let me know if you have any queries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prosper123: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
fkj950ax:

What has a job interview got to do with your bank statement?
No prospective employer has any business with your financial information.
What exactly is your question?
but the embassy will ask me for my statement of account. Right? To check how much I'm earning.... This is my question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
Thanks for this.
Gracycool:

Please use the link below. It has all the information you need for the application.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jobminister:

Yes there will issue invitation letter after confirmation of my payment. As for refund of training fee, I need to work on this because of their refund policy, I need to book for my training like at least six month after my interview date in case of any denial, because to get refund from them, it should be at least three month before the training start date, when it is less than three month, they can only pay 50% back, anything less than one month, my money don go be that, the people don play me MMM be that lol.
Yes the training is very well related to my job., the organization is very well known and existed since 1919 with very important purpose, with good online presence as well.

Okay. Likely questions from VO will revolve around the training, why USA?, and who is paying for the training. Prepare for questions on family ties, your job and pay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
Prosper123:
but the embassy will ask me for my statement of account. Right? To check how much I'm earning.... This is my question

No they wouldn’t. Probability is about 4%
You are supposed to state how much you earn annually in your DS160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
why forming James Bond, give date of your interview and how it went, no one wants to know you personally.
Erugbangban1:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aghagba(f): 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2022
FabioPeter:
Same challenge, I submitted 3rd June on the CGI profile it shows no information and on CEAC it says received 7th June. I have sent several mails and even asked for my passport to be returned, they responded that my case has been escalated. Its a week after escalation and today it shows administrative processing. I don tire.

Hi, please how long was yours on administrative processing?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Papapa1234: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
Ok thank you
Gracycool:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kiki2023: 6:42am On Jul 21, 2022
Hi all. I had my IW last Thursday but yesterday I logged into the platform and was told to schedule a follow up appointment. I clicked on the link but the calendar was blank. Do you know what I can do? Has anyone experienced this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 21, 2022
Good day everyone. Please how do I get a U.S visa appointment as soon as possible, I got a postdoc offer which I'm supposed to resume this July 1st, my passport renewal got me delayed till now. I just got my new passport. Please help.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KASIDAVID(f): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
hello house, i have been searching for U.S visa appointment since February till date but to no avail. I was unlucky last February when i booked for my wife and was looking for my password to book mine. She did a drop box last march and was given another 2 years. Aside my children that are all citizens, i am the only person yet to get U.S visa and this is my first time of applying.
Please is there any other means of getting the appointment or i should keep trying ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
Good day everyone. Please how do I get a U.S visa appointment as soon as possible, I got a postdoc offer which I'm supposed to resume this July 1st, my passport renewal got me delayed till now. I just got my new passport. Please help.

Apply for emergency appointment. A postdoc is more like a job offer. So its not a visit visa. I know someone that got emergency appointment in September 202 at Abuja for postdoc. His application was this July.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
KASIDAVID:
hello house, i have been searching for U.S visa appointment since February till date but to no avail. I was unlucky last February when i booked for my wife and was looking for my password to book mine. She did a drop box last march and was given another 2 years. Aside my children that are all citizens, i am the only person yet to get U.S visa and this is my first time of applying.
Please is there any other means of getting the appointment or i should keep trying ?
Keep trying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fathermonkey: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dollarwoman: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
Please I need information on how to apply for US D 160 visa for a family of three.

Do I have to apply for the separately or together? Please I need a guide as I have not applied for Visa for once and I don't want to make mistake.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
fathermonkey:
Has anyone here had a revoked visa and been able to get a new b2 visa after?

my mum had hers revoked in 2017(and no, she never worked illegal or overstay or any silly offence), she tried to take my siblings in for their visa interviews, they got rejected and hers got revoked and she was not notified until she tried to travel and she got sent back in London.
Now, siblings were both able to get f1 visa a year or so later, she's tried twice, and she still got denied.

she tried to come for my graduation and one siblings graduation, she got denied. she lost a sibling in the US and tried to come for their funeral, applied for an expediated appointment, got denied also.
so she waited for the date she was given which was today, from about 6 months ago. remaining sibling graduates next year which is a valid reason, she applied in the UK this time as she's getting a masters there, but nope she got denied again today , they claimed she has hometies to the US more than the UK,
i guess she would obviously abandon a program she paid millions .
she's probably gonna miss the third graduation at this point. this is not making sense but hey, i understand a visa is a priveledge, but one day, it'll end in joy.

I just need to rant and probably hear people's experience as regards this revocation issue.
I figured revocation would be a very big issue.

pardon my typos, thank you all

You can make a request under FOIA but pray to the god of naija it is not heavily redacted

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by solopia: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hello house

I'm new here

How do i get visiting visa interview with closer date?

Do i need to pay before applying or

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: emmy4topps, gretop86 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.