Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,101 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930548 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 6:18am On Jul 22, 2022
Dollarwoman:
Please I need information on how to apply for US D 160 visa for a family of three.

Do I have to apply for the separately or together? Please I need a guide as I have not applied for Visa for once and I don't want to make mistake.

Read through this pages. Best to start from 20 pages back. You will find all the information you need as a first timer. Afterward you can ask specific questions. The summary is pay for visa fee at GTBank. Create an account at USAtraveldocs, book a group interview complete DS-160 form for each applicant.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 6:28am On Jul 22, 2022
fathermonkey:
Has anyone here had a revoked visa and been able to get a new b2 visa after?

my mum had hers revoked in 2017(and no, she never worked illegal or overstay or any silly offence), she tried to take my siblings in for their visa interviews, they got rejected and hers got revoked and she was not notified until she tried to travel and she got sent back in London.
Now, siblings were both able to get f1 visa a year or so later, she's tried twice, and she still got denied.

she tried to come for my graduation and one siblings graduation, she got denied. she lost a sibling in the US and tried to come for their funeral, applied for an expediated appointment, got denied also.
so she waited for the date she was given which was today, from about 6 months ago. remaining sibling graduates next year which is a valid reason, she applied in the UK this time as she's getting a masters there, but nope she got denied again today , they claimed she has hometies to the US more than the UK,
i guess she would obviously abandon a program she paid millions .
she's probably gonna miss the third graduation at this point. this is not making sense but hey, i understand a visa is a priveledge, but one day, it'll end in joy.

I just need to rant and probably hear people's experience as regards this revocation issue.
I figured revocation would be a very big issue.

pardon my typos, thank you all

I am sorry for your mums refusals. To cut the long story short, both USA and UK are convinced that you mum is an immigration risk. That’s she has more home ties to USA than Nigeria, hence the refusals. Wanting to go to UK to do a Masters was seen as alternative way to enter the USA as a UK based student. Clearly her circumstances in Nigeria has not changes from that of 2017. Best options is for you to have US citizenship and petition for her to join you via immigrant visa.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ifax(f): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2022
He said she applied from the UK. Meaning she’s there already and in school.

ekpotek:

I am sorry for your mums refusals. To cut the long story short, both USA and UK are convinced that you mum is an immigration risk. That’s she has more home ties to USA than Nigeria, hence the refusals. Wanting to go to UK to do a Masters was seen as alternative way to enter the USA as a UK based student. Clearly her circumstances in Nigeria has not changes from that of 2017. Best options is for you to have US citizenship and petition for her to join you via immigrant visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jobminister: 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
ekpotek:

Okay. Likely questions from VO will revolve around the training, why USA?, and who is paying for the training. Prepare for questions on family ties, your job and pay.

Thanks bro. I will prepare towards answering the questions well. @ekpotek, seems you are from AKS or CRS.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jobminister: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
fkj950ax:

Option 1 and Option 2 both require a B1/2 visa, so there is no change (+/-) with the likelihood of this chance you are banking on.

And with interview dates 2024, what makes this training so important you planning to do it in future?

Thanks for you response.
@bold, why are people still booking for vacation, schooling, and other visas even when the available date is 2024. The training is very important to my carried growth and I like to attend the training in the board in USA, any problem with that? Highest the embassy can do is to deny me visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jobminister: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
Spanishmilf:
book date first

Thanks, I will do that asap.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fathermonkey: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PDrtayotee: 2:28am On Jul 23, 2022
@drstrangelove and every one here. Thanks for your contribution.

Pls I want to make an enquiry.

I was trying to fill my form for scheduling an appointment. I got to a point (select Visa priority) I was asked to select between:
A. Previous refusal in the last six months.
B. Regular- Visa not refused in the last 12 months.

The problem is my visa was refused 8months ago and non of these options apply to me.

When I click on the first one - it's show no appointment date but when I click on the other one it's show calender.

Hence, I am confused on whats to do. Kindly advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:19am On Jul 23, 2022
fathermonkey:

Not sure what you mean the UK sees her as an immigration risk though, as she's already in there doing the masters programme and has probably visited the UK not less than 20 times and has been to the US before.

But yes, asides from the masters being a personal dream for her, maybe we did believe it would help with the revocation issue.

Not sure what circumstances might have changed, as visas are granted by discretions so there might be a just reason and there might absolutely be not just reason.

And i'd explore other options for here, canada might just be a way faster option on the long run.

Thanks for your sympathy and advice.

So sorry about all the stress your mum is going through concerning her application. The truth is that something happened in the 2017 interview that triggered this whole thing. The likely fact is that she has been banned for 10yrs. There's something written in her file that is causing the denials. If she can remember the interview that triggered this reaction. Then she will be able to figure out why.

Meanwhile like someone said, if you have a sibling that is a citizen. Filling for her is the best option.
All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:20am On Jul 23, 2022
PDrtayotee:
@drstrangelove and every one here. Thanks for your contribution.

Pls I want to make an enquiry.

I was trying to fill my form for scheduling an appointment. I got to a point (select Visa priority) I was asked to select between:
A. Previous refusal in the last six months.
B. Regular- Visa not refused in the last 12 months.

The problem is my visa was refused 8months ago and non of these options apply to me.

When I click on the first one - it's show no appointment date but when I click on the other one it's show calender.

Hence, I am confused on whats to do. Kindly advice
Call the embassy to verify before you select any option.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 6:04am On Jul 23, 2022
fathermonkey:

Not sure what you mean the UK sees her as an immigration risk though, as she's already in there doing the masters programme and has probably visited the UK not less than 20 times and has been to the US before.

But yes, asides from the masters being a personal dream for her, maybe we did believe it would help with the revocation issue.

Not sure what circumstances might have changed, as visas are granted by discretions so there might be a just reason and there might absolutely be not just reason.

And i'd explore other options for here, canada might just be a way faster option on the long run.

Sorry I mistook the part that you said she was in the UK as a student to planing to study in the UK.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arrived1st: 7:27am On Jul 23, 2022
Is this a new update?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IyawoToBe(f): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
fathermonkey:

Hire an immigration lawyer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by danieldg: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hi Guys.

Please I need help on how to apply for U.S visa, I'm currently in UK, have a UK study visa.

I want to know how I can apply for the u.s visitor's visa asap. Thankss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Segun889: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
You asked same question on Uk thread. It’s was answered. Check the UK thread
danieldg:
Hi Guys.

Please I need help on how to apply for U.S visa, I'm currently in UK, have a UK study visa.

I want to know how I can apply for the u.s visitor's visa asap. Thankss

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hello @fathermonkey...accept my commiseration on your mum's visa refusal. No disrespect intended but your actions and resolve have desperation written all over them and that could hamper a successful outcome in future. I assumed that mummy intends to visit her kids/your siblings in the US. If getting a visa is an issue, can anyone of them come to see her in the UK? Be honest, are there immigration intentions undertone?

As @flourishing247 posited, it is likely she has been banned for 10 years...something would've clearly triggered it. It is important to relax, sit back and try to unravel this mystery before you go ahead with your Canada route. UK student visa is clear cut and isn't usually affected by previous US, Canada or Schegen visa refusal...perhaps, that is why her UK student visa was successful...US visitor visa is a different kettle of fish.

My summary, try to discover what could've led to the US visa revocation. Did she give birth in the US before? Did she work briefly and use someone else's papers? There is a reason lying under a pile of rubbles...it is important to unravel it.

God bless...

fathermonkey:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fathermonkey: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2022

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
Thanks @fathermonkey for the elucidation...it gave more clarity and elicited more empathy from me...she couldn't even attend a sibling's funeral...but it is, what it is (as sad as that sounds). The way it is now, a US visit visa seems like a mirage...so it is better to look at a longer term plan (which you guys are doing already) i.e. the Canada EE route for you as her child and her reaping the benefit as a parent via supervisa etc; or a family reunion at any of the Caribbean countries without jeopardizing your re-entry back into US soil etc. I'm sure that your mum is more interested in you guys settling down and cementing your statuses, and she can make do with video calls for now while those processes are ongoing.

Let's keep the faith and keep hope alive.

May all your good plans come to fruition. God bless...

fathermonkey:

Hey Dampops.

It's okay to assume the actions taken might be desperate.
If one sibling has not seen her in 5 year since he started college, I think its worth giving a shot to get a visa, if we keep graduating and she cant be present I also think it's worth giving a shot.

As regards your question as to why we cant visit her in the UK, two of us are on OPT, currently trying to adjust status through our workplaces.
Lawyers and school DSOs advise that you should not try leave the country while on OPT especially if your visa is expired as there's a high chance on getting denied since you're done with school, and our employers trying to adjust status for us definitely doesn't help.

One sibling who is still in school can attempt to go visit her, but he'd need to renew his visa but she wont buy that as she's probably too traumatized at this point.
I came home in 2019 and renewed my visa via Dropbox before going home and letting her know I was around but had renewed my visa already. That’s how terrible she’s dreaded us stepping out of the US before we get GCs. I guess it’s just parental paranoia grin

Alternatively, if we are bent on reuniting with her, we could all meet in any of the Caribbean island as those in F1 status can visit the Caribbean islands on expired F1 visas and re-enter the US with no issue. And a couple of Caribbean nations are visa free for Nigerians. But come on, we are talking about her not being even able to attend graduations and missing her sibling's funeral.

And speaking of me exploring the Canadian route, it's the express entry programme for myself since I qualify for it and she also get the benefit way quicker than the American benefit would come from us.
And my sibling also works with an organization that can move them to Canada should the need arise.
This is in the grand scheme of things for the long run. I hope this address the immigrant intent concern.

As regards what she may have done to trigger the revocation, she didn't give birth to any of her here, if she did, we wont be so worried haha, someone would have filed for her. She has only visited the US for a week for convention, tried to take my brothers to get tourist visa, they got denied and that was the genesis. And she also had her UK visitor visa renewed twice after the revocation before going to study, she has a good track record there so I guess getting her UK student visa wouldnt have been an issue.

In all at this point, her home ties are really working against her, she asked after her last denial why she keeps getting denied, the VO told her point blank that all her kids are in the US. It probably doesn't help to note that she's widowed so I understand her having zero home ties.

In all of this, I do understand that a visa is a privilege.
Thanks for your sympathy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fathermonkey: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
.l.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by practicalclass: 2:08am On Jul 25, 2022
Please how long is the wait time for interview when applying for immigrants visa (relationship of petitioner to applicant is child-mother, child being a citizen).

ekpotek:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by danieldg: 6:04am On Jul 25, 2022
Segun889:
You asked same question on Uk thread. It’s was answered. Check the UK thread
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KASIDAVID(f): 10:48am On Jul 25, 2022
Just keep checking on a daily basis, you might be lucky someday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Erugbangban1: 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
megastu:
why forming James Bond, give date of your interview and how it went, no one wants to know you personally.

It depends on what you mean by forming James Bond….. I just gave a full description of how the interview went…. Will appreciate it if you can throw more light to the “ forming James Bond” thing.
We all have certain things we hold sacred giving dates is not my thing and I wish you would respect that.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
practicalclass:
Please how long is the wait time for interview when applying for immigrants visa (relationship of petitioner to applicant is child-mother, child being a citizen).

No idea. As I am not familiar with IV. I hear they say the child must be of age ie 18 years and above to petition for his mother to come to the USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
ekpotek:

No idea. As I am not familiar with IV. I hear they say the child must be of age ie 18 years and above to petition for his mother to come to the USA.

It's actually 21 years and above and not 18 years.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ninab: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Aghagba:
Hi all, please has anyone who submitted their documents for dropbox the week beginning June 13th gotten any feedback or update on their status yet? Please I will appreciate any replies. Thank you.

Please how did you get interview waiver date ?
Is there a telegram group for this ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FabioPeter: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2022
I applied same day as with my friend , he got his in 10days. Not much changed with mine. I emailed ConsularAbuja@state.gov and requested for my passport.
They called a few days after and asked me to pickup at the embassy. Mine took 5 weeks from Dropbox to pickup

Aghagba:
Hi, please how long was yours on administrative processing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.