Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930302 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
Alright, so it's been a while people.

My visa renewal is beyond the 2yrs mark, hence I have to start all over. I am at the point of picking an appointment date and can't seem to find. How do you guys do it please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sheezybobby(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good afternoon.

Please anyone scheduled for August Interview here..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tayo4me(f): 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
Please, the last date to do dropbox for visa renewal is 14th August can’t seem to get a date.
Can anyone here help out please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Suparhuman001: 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hello guys. It feels good to be on this platform. I've been following nairaland for years enjoying the forum and never felt the need to be a member not until I came to this session. I deemed it necessary to join this forum to enable me solicit guidance on how to go about this US b1/b2 visa thing.
I have been refused a US visa like twice (2003, 2004 ) when I tried via a study visa application. I was also denied in 2016 when I got an invitation to attend a convocation ceremony. Some of the issue I had was that I had no travel experience and was unmarried. But after then I have travelled to the UK and Germany and I presently possess a valid 2yrs UK visa. I intend to get married at the end of the yr and plan to go on honeymoon in the US with my fiancee who has a travel history (UAE and Switzerland). I'm an assistant manager working in a good paying fed parastatal and my fiancee works with a multinational company. What are our chances of getting a US Visa and what would be the best approach. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aghagba(f): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
ninab:

Please how did you get interview waiver date ?
Is there a telegram group for this ?
I got a date a while back without the telegram group. However, from all that I have read on this thread I believe the telegram group works well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aghagba(f): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
FabioPeter:
I applied same day as with my friend , he got his in 10days. Not much changed with mine. I emailed ConsularAbuja@state.gov and requested for my passport.
They called a few days after and asked me to pickup at the embassy. Mine took 5 weeks from Dropbox to pickup

Thank you for reaching back. Much appreciated. I have picked-up my passport now

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Suparhuman001:
Hello guys. It feels good to be on this platform. I've been following nairaland for years enjoying the forum and never felt the need to be a member not until I came to this session. I deemed it necessary to join this forum to enable me solicit guidance on how to go about this US b1/b2 visa thing.
I have been refused a US visa like twice (2003, 2004 ) when I tried via a study visa application. I was also denied in 2016 when I got an invitation to attend a convocation ceremony. Some of the issue I had was that I had no travel experience and was unmarried. But after then I have travelled to the UK and Germany and I presently possess a valid 2yrs UK visa. I intend to get married at the end of the yr and plan to go on honeymoon in the US with my fiancee who has a travel history (UAE and Switzerland). I'm an assistant manager working in a good paying fed parastatal and my fiancee works with a multinational company. What are our chances of getting a US Visa and what would be the best approach. Thank you

Your chances depends on your reason to visit the US. You might by lucky to be interviewed by a friendly VO. Just package your application very well. The UK valid visa may cancel the previous US refusals. Be familiar with city you are planing to visit for your honeymoon.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Suparhuman001: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
Thanks for the prompt response. Do you think having someone who could send me an invitation would strengthen my course ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fab11: 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hi all, please how many days does it take to get one’s passport back? Do they return it within a week?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 3:29am On Jul 27, 2022
fathermonkey:

Hey Dampops.

It's okay to assume the actions taken might be desperate.
If one sibling has not seen her in 5 year since he started college, I think its worth giving a shot to get a visa, if we keep graduating and she cant be present I also think it's worth giving a shot.

As regards your question as to why we cant visit her in the UK, two of us are on OPT, currently trying to adjust status through our workplaces.
Lawyers and school DSOs advise that you should not try leave the country while on OPT especially if your visa is expired as there's a high chance on getting denied since you're done with school, and our employers trying to adjust status for us definitely doesn't help.

One sibling who is still in school can attempt to go visit her, but he'd need to renew his visa but she wont buy that as she's probably too traumatized at this point.
I came home in 2019 and renewed my visa via Dropbox before going home and letting her know I was around but had renewed my visa already. That’s how terrible she’s dreaded us stepping out of the US before we get GCs. I guess it’s just parental paranoia grin

Alternatively, if we are bent on reuniting with her, we could all meet in any of the Caribbean island as those in F1 status can visit the Caribbean islands on expired F1 visas and re-enter the US with no issue. And a couple of Caribbean nations are visa free for Nigerians. But come on, we are talking about her not being even able to attend graduations and missing her sibling's funeral.

And speaking of me exploring the Canadian route, it's the express entry programme for myself since I qualify for it and she also get the benefit way quicker than the American benefit would come from us.
And my sibling also works with an organization that can move them to Canada should the need arise.
This is in the grand scheme of things for the long run. I hope this address the immigrant intent concern.

As regards what she may have done to trigger the revocation, she didn't give birth to any of her here, if she did, we wont be so worried haha, someone would have filed for her. She has only visited the US for a week for convention, tried to take my brothers to get tourist visa, they got denied and that was the genesis. And she also had her UK visitor visa renewed twice after the revocation before going to study, she has a good track record there so I guess getting her UK student visa wouldnt have been an issue.

In all at this point, her home ties are really working against her, she asked after her last denial why she keeps getting denied, the VO told her point blank that all her kids are in the US. It probably doesn't help to note that she's widowed so I understand her having zero home ties.

In all of this, I do understand that a visa is a privilege.
Thanks for your sympathy.

In the case of your mom, it might be relatively simple. All her children are in the US, she's a widow and she is a temporary immigrant/student in the UK. This simply means she has zero home ties... she isn't likely to get a visa at this rate. The best bet would be to try applying after she returns to Nigeria. Or get a visa to Canada... you all can travel to Canada to see her and return even with an expired visa. Unfortunately, that would require you to also apply for Canadian visas too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tayo4me(f): 3:59am On Jul 27, 2022
tayo4me:
Please, the last date to do dropbox for visa renewal is 14th August can’t seem to get a date.
Can anyone here help out please?

Someone please help out with this. Interview waiver date is needed ASAP
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ekpotek: 5:16am On Jul 27, 2022
Suparhuman001:
Thanks for the prompt response. Do you think having someone who could send me an invitation would strengthen my course ?

No. Knowing someone in the US sometimes can be negative. Sure you are well off to afford an hotel for your honeymoon. Note the VO will be looking at your previous applications to convinced himself if your circumstance has changed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ChicMpire: 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
shittugbenga692:

08155169004. Please add me up too thanks

Please add me too: 07085978340

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fathermonkey: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Xplicit007: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
Gooday Everyone...

I work and reside in Dubai and i would like to visit the US for my vacation. Since dubai is also a tourist country , how do i navigate this with the VO and which state in the US is best for tourist visiting. Is dallas a good visiting places and Does my reason have to be related to my work?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
fathermonkey:

Thanks Twoods ! You've become softer grin!

I figured! She got denied in Nigeria before she started her program in the UK.

The stress of having to apply for a Canadian Visa makes the Caribbean islands are better options. Even Mexico now requires visa applications post covid, so the Carribeans might just be it!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Marriage and children will do that to you! grin grin grin

You are right, a lot of the Caribbean countries are visa on arrival so that might be an easier shot. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Xplicit007:
Gooday Everyone...

I work and reside in Dubai and i would like to visit the US for my vacation. Since dubai is also a tourist country , how do i navigate this with the VO and which state in the US is best for tourist visiting. Is dallas a good visiting places and Does my reason have to be related to my work?

You probably do this on a temporary visa. This will complicate a US visitor visa application because you are already at a deficit with respect to home ties. You can try though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
ekpotek:

No. Knowing someone in the US sometimes can be negative. Sure you are well off to afford an hotel for your honeymoon. Note the VO will be looking at your previous applications to convinced himself if your circumstance has changed.

This is only partially true. What matters most is convincing the VO that you have a stronger reason to return to Nigeria than stay in the US. For example, a single adult male child flying to visit a parent will find it very hard to get a visa. But a bank executive in Nigeria going to visit his children wouldn't find it that hard... he has a high-powered source of income that he is highly unlikely to want to abandon just to stay with his children.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tayo4me(f): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2022
[quote author=tunyuz post=115141859]
I only help people who want to renew their visa with the telegram group to check for dates. There’s no certain group for fresh appointments. All you can do is to pick the next available dates (which is likely 2024). Or if your case is special, you can mail the embassy/consulate for emergency appointments.[/

Please how can you be of help to renew visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Erugbangban1: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
Xplicit007:
Gooday Everyone...

[quote author=TWoods post=115147097]

You will examined based on where you reside, you reside and work in Dubai, they want to know what you work as, how much you earn, how long have you been in Dubai for obviously if you are new in Dubai it will be weird you are travelling so fast, do you have your family there with you in Dubai.etc
Your reason doesn’t have to be related to your work, you are going on a visit not conference.
You can goggle interesting places to visit in Dallas and you will see a huge list of what you can do in Dallas, you might want to familiarise yourself with these attractions and have a brief idea of how you intend to spend your typical day for the duration of your intended stay in Dallas
Because Dubai is a tourist country does not stop a legitimate tourist from seeing other sites

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: SMASHY(f), AvaDaisy(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.