Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (936311 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by soyenuga: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Does anyone have experience with C1 transit visa? My friend is going to wedding in Jamaica and needs to fly through USA. Is it processed quicker?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
Majikman:
Hello , goodday everyone. Please how do I go about getting an appointment date for my visa interview. The website keeps saying there are no appointment dates . Please I’d really appreciate any helpful info I get .

Which location? Dates have opened up for Abuja and Lagos.

Aug 2024 and sept 2024 respectively
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
NO

not good idea

naxee9294:
Hello y’all
Good morning
Pls I got a question my interview is coming soon
I’m goin for vacation and I’m paying for the trip
So I got a friend we’ve never met before we just talking online and I filled his addy as where I will be staying in the u.s the question is
Is that a good idea?
And mind you never been outta Nigeria and a virgin passport
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
since u said it from the govt. i thought it could have been more easy for them to get appointment

iambuksman:
Hi. We have even cleared that issue and I didn't pay him.
Using the agent wasn't my call as we're a group going for the conference.
The agent is now stuck at getting appointments for individuals in the group. Is it usually this hard and unpredictable?
Thought it would be faster than this.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KolaSteven(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello folks,

I want to travel on to the US for a week from November 27th to attend the most prestigious academic conference in my field (Artificial Intelligence) and its location changes every year. And I want to know if it's still quite feasible to apply for the needed B-1 visa or if I should save my strength and scrap the plans.

My workshops papers are still under review but if accepted (will.know by Oct. 20), I'll be presenting two research papers at 2 workshops at the conference. I am also invited as a keynote speaker for one of the workshops at the conference. Can I request an expedited appointment slot on this basis?

My profile:
- I am a final-year undergrad in Nigeria
- Previous travels: Italy, Germany, Tunisia - all of them earlier this year, and in the process of getting another Schengen visa to speak at a tech conference in Lithuania in early November.
- Fundings: I'll be funding myself. Might still get a scholarship or something but I won't know until close to the date.

Considering the close timeline, do I still have a a realistic chance of getting an appointment slot/visa in time to go to the US? Looking forward to your responses. Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
KolaSteven:
Hello folks,

I want to travel on to the US for a week from November 27th to attend the most prestigious academic conference in my field (Artificial Intelligence) and its location changes every year. And I want to know if it's still quite feasible to apply for the needed B-1 visa or if I should save my strength and scrap the plans.

My workshops papers are still under review but if accepted (will.know by Oct. 20), I'll be presenting two research papers at 2 workshops at the conference. I am also invited as a keynote speaker for one of the workshops at the conference. Can I request an expedited appointment slot on this basis?

My profile:
- Previous travels: Italy, Germany, Tunisia - all of them earlier this year, and in the process of getting another Schengen visa to speak at a tech conference in Lithuania in early November.
- Fundings: I'll be funding myself. Might still get a scholarship or something but I won't know until close to the date.

Considering the close timeline, do I still have a a realistic chance of getting an appointment slot/visa in time to go to the US? Looking forward to your responses. Thank you!
I don’t think your situation qualifies for an emergency appointment

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Myfavour22: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
KolaSteven:
Hello folks,

My profile:

Since you’re a keynote speaker and also presenting papers I think you can be considered for an expedited appointment

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KolaSteven(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
Arry110:
I don’t think your situation qualifies for an emergency appointment
Myfavour22:

Since you’re a keynote speaker and also presenting papers I think you can be considered for an expedited appointment

I no even know which one to follow sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
KolaSteven:

I no even know which one to follow sad
check us embassy site for situations that qualify for an emergency appointment to ease your confusion

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ggoal456: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
soyenuga:
Does anyone have experience with C1 transit visa? My friend is going to wedding in Jamaica and needs to fly through USA. Is it processed quicker?

Paid for a C1 visa n tot it won't go through the long appointment time as B1/b2 visa, well Abuja the date they have available as at now is Sept 2024 (for a transit visa). I am just disappointed cos their website says 35day appointment wait time. I just waste money
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
pufframmy:
NO

not good idea

thanks pls can you check Dm please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:19am On Sep 16, 2022
naxee9294:
Hello y’all
Good morning
Pls I got a question my interview is coming soon
I’m goin for vacation and I’m paying for the trip
So I got a friend we’ve never met before we just talking online and I filled his addy as where I will be staying in the u.s the question is
Is that a good idea?
And mind you never been outta Nigeria and a virgin passport
Thanks

Terrible idea. What do you know about the person? Work? Lifestyle?
Change your address to hotel ASAP.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:20am On Sep 16, 2022
iambuksman:
Hi. We have even cleared that issue and I didn't pay him.
Using the agent wasn't my call as we're a group going for the conference.
The agent is now stuck at getting appointments for individuals in the group. Is it usually this hard and unpredictable?
Thought it would be faster than this.

Getting dates is now tough. Hopefully dated will open up soon.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
flourishing247:

thanks sooooo much and i will do it today
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2022
flourishing247:

hello sir good morning
Already booked a hotel now pls I need help here on ds 160
Where it says 'have you made specific travel plans'
I filled in NO there should I leave it like that OR I have to fill in that place also? Thanks sooo much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iambuksman(m): 9:05am On Sep 16, 2022
That's what I thought too.
We'll figure it out tho.
pufframmy:
since u said it from the govt. i thought it could have been more easy for them to get appointment

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by donperlado(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
Good Afternoon Guys,

Please I am trying to schedule a Visa appointment for F1 and F2 (my wife).

I would like to know if it is possible to edit the form after submitting it for the Visa date because my wife's international passport is not ready.

Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by donperlado(m): 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
fkj950ax:

I am not sure you read the post that you profusely thanked the author. I have copied it again for you for ease of reference below.

ONE: The application doesn't require invitation or documents. Why will a link exist that you will visit to get the documents YOU NEED?
TWO: You cannot get a Date WITHOUT submitting your Visa Application and Paying the fees.

All you need to do (with or WITHOUT an agent) is to
A. Fill a DS160 Application Form at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
B. Pay Visa Fees (MRV),
C. Create a profile at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and book appointment (using the DS160 number and MRV number).

The queue for appointment is 700 days+ (24 months), so if you pay today and book an appointment, you will only see 2024 dates.

Make sure your DS160 is properly filled before you submit it at the end of the form. Take your time. Don't rush. Use 4 days if you have to.
Also note you cant review after submitting so save a copy for yourself before submitting.

Hi

Can i still edit my new profile on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng after submitting?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by donperlado(m): 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Can someone please share the group links to Lagos US F1/F2 Visa WhatsApp group.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimiMaya: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
Please I have. B1/B2 visa and I want to go give birth. I’m due in Feb 2022. No previous travel to the US. What can I do so I am not denied entry at the port of entry? I need advise from anyone who has done this before please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Malevonent: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
persons that are travelling, any luck with getting pta/bta...which banks have higher success rate?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2022
SimiMaya:
Please I have. B1/B2 visa and I want to go give birth. I’m due in Feb 2022. No previous travel to the US. What can I do so I am not denied entry at the port of entry? I need advise from anyone who has done this before please
Please you won’t be denied entry don’t jinx your travel even before you embark.
What was the purpose you got the visa for ? Did you use it for the purpose ?
In the case you didn’t use or haven’t used it for the purpose it was procured, research and get a hospital and doctor, carry enough money to show and be coherent with your answers at the point of entry and you’ll be fine.
As a tip- maybe pay a deposit to the hospital or doctor before you land and also have a cogent a reason as to why you didn’t use the visa for the purpose it was meant for (if you didn’t)
. You’ll be fine don’t worry!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimiMaya: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
Thank you so much. Got it for a two week vacation in December but I’m due in January/early February. I am a first time traveller and haven’t used the visa at all.

Debbieeeeeee:

Please you won’t be denied entry don’t jinx your travel even before you embark.
What was the purpose you got the visa for ? Did you use it for the purpose ?
In the case you didn’t use or haven’t used it for the purpose it was procured, research and get a hospital and doctor, carry enough money to show and be coherent with your answers at the point of entry and you’ll be fine.
As a tip- maybe pay a deposit to the hospital or doctor before you land and also have a cogent a reason as to why you didn’t use the visa for the purpose it was meant for (if you didn’t)
. You’ll be fine don’t worry!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
donperlado:

Hi
Can i still edit my new profile on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng after submitting?

You can edit the info in ustraveldocs. But there is no submission there. You book appointment and enter visa payment info.

DS160 is where you fill an application you submit. You can’t edit after submission.

If you have something major to reflect in DS160, or it’s 6 months old, you can fill a new DS160 and update the new DS160 number in the pending appointment you have booked.

I hope this helps.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mojolajesu(m): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hello People,

Please I noticed that my appointment date was changed without any email to that effect. Someone said the embassy could re-schedule your appointment by themselves.

After further check, I noticed my previous interview date feel on the US Thanksgiving day which I think that was why the date was changed.

is there anybody who experienced the same here?

Secondly, how many months should one leave the DS-160 before refilling it?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obehi212: 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
After wetin my eyes see for embassy and the rate we were getting denied. It was a painful sight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimiMaya: 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
Obehi212:
After wetin my eyes see for embassy and the rate we were getting denied. It was a painful sight.

What happened?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 7:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
SimiMaya:
Thank you so much. Got it for a two week vacation in December but I’m due in January/early February. I am a first time traveller and haven’t used the visa at all.

hello can we talk on private?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HRprof: 9:16pm On Sep 16, 2022
mojolajesu:
Hello People,

Please I noticed that my appointment date was changed without any email to that effect. Someone said the embassy could re-schedule your appointment by themselves.

After further check, I noticed my previous interview date feel on the US Thanksgiving day which I think that was why the date was changed.

Thank you
When was your previous date and current date ?
Six month because they required your passport photo uploaded on ds160 shouldn't be more than 6 months old
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HRprof: 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Obehi212:
Share your experience at the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
mojolajesu:
Hello People,

Thank you
My parents date was changed to a week earlier from thanksgiving 24th to 18th too but I got an email immediately and this was like three weeks ago though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KolaSteven(m): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Arry110:
check us embassy site for situations that qualify for an emergency appointment to ease your confusion

Thank you for this. I have confirmed myself. I think I qualify for "Urgent business travel". ML Research is my career and the chance to present and speak at the most prestigious conference in my field will be a big boost to my growth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.