Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (942332 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JejeIsLife: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
Shannon70:

So much wrong here.

Your relative writing to the Embassy means nothing. At best it will be ignored, it will never be matched up to your DS160 or be relevant to the interview.

You cannot pay for an expedited appointment. The only thing you pay is the $160 MRV fee.

Thank you very much I really Appreciate your swift response...How do I go about the invitation because my relative has never done this before and I have no idea of how it is done what documents do I need to have for this process to be successful.

Now the agent is saying I need an interview date first before anything could be done... someone should kindly help or. refer me to a link where I can get all. the needed document.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sara2022: 12:50am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:17am On Sep 03, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sethtsadopp: 2:24am On Sep 03, 2022
Please I have a few questions about PTA.
Most banks, I have read that Travel date must be within the next 2 weeks, meaning travel date not more than 14 days from PTA purchase date.

1. Does this mean I have to wait 2 weeks to my travel date to apply? But I have heard that it takes several weeks to get it, so doesn't that mean my travel date will arrive before I'm able to get the PTA?

2. Secondly, if it happens that way and travel date comes before I get the PTA, will I still get it?

3. I have GTB, ACCESS, STANBIC, STERLING and UBA. Is there any of these that is best to use to get PTA faster or the bank doesn't really matter.

4. Lastly, on the average, how long does it generally take now to get PTA. Trip is to Singapore.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:05am On Sep 03, 2022
JejeIsLife:

Thank you very much I really Appreciate your swift response...How do I go about the invitation because my relative has never done this before and I have no idea of how it is done what documents do I need to have for this process to be successful.
Now the agent is saying I need an interview date first before anything could be done... someone should kindly help or. refer me to a link where I can get all. the needed document.

I am not sure you read the post that you profusely thanked the author. I have copied it again for you for ease of reference below.

ONE: The application doesn't require invitation or documents. Why will a link exist that you will visit to get the documents YOU NEED?
TWO: You cannot get a Date WITHOUT submitting your Visa Application and Paying the fees.

All you need to do (with or WITHOUT an agent) is to
A. Fill a DS160 Application Form at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
B. Pay Visa Fees (MRV),
C. Create a profile at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and book appointment (using the DS160 number and MRV number).

The queue for appointment is 700 days+ (24 months), so if you pay today and book an appointment, you will only see 2024 dates.

Make sure your DS160 is properly filled before you submit it at the end of the form. Take your time. Don't rush. Use 4 days if you have to.
Also note you cant review after submitting so save a copy for yourself before submitting.

Shannon70:

So much wrong here.
Your relative writing to the Embassy means nothing. At best it will be ignored, it will never be matched up to your DS160 or be relevant to the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by solid3(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2022
Good morning guys, I'm new on this thread. The UK version of this thread helped me to get UK visa as a first time applicant with no travel history. I've gone to and back from the UK.

Next plan is to get US tourist visa, not for illegal japa purpose but tourism. Other countries in mind too.

Please what are the things I need to know and the documents I need to get ready? I don't want to ever have a case of refused visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SolutionzNaija: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2022
aahh forget usa for now oh. No appointments till 2024 and 2025 unless na agent you use oh, they are the ones with the magic touch now smiley

solid3:
Good morning guys, I'm new on this thread. The UK version of this thread helped me to get UK visa as a first time applicant with no travel history. I've gone to and back from the UK.

Next plan is to get US tourist visa, not for illegal japa purpose but tourism. Other countries in mind too.

Please what are the things I need to know and the documents I need to get ready? I don't want to ever have a case of refused visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2022
Shiningstarz:
Good morning all, I've been a quite guest here for a while., you all have been helpful. I need help please. Apart from wakanow and travelstat does anyone know any other agency i can use for ticket?, those 2 are so expensive. i keep checking every second to see if their fares will drop but it's still high

Tickets are expensive now. Anytime you want to check, clear your cache before you try again. Also try it midnight. I don't know if Ajala still sells, you can try them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2022
Shiningstarz:
Good morning all, I've been a quite guest here for a while., you all have been helpful. I need help please. Apart from wakanow and travelstat does anyone know any other agency i can use for ticket?, those 2 are so expensive. i keep checking every second to see if their fares will drop but it's still high
Buy from the airline's website or their office

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2022
SolutionzNaija:
aahh forget usa for now oh. No appointments till 2024 and 2025 unless na agent you use oh, they are the ones with the magic touch now smiley

I am wondering how the agents do it. Do they have insiders that book the appointment for them?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bobobri(m): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2022
Good morning guys , what are the steps to prepare for visa interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bobobri(m): 10:42am On Sep 05, 2022
help out urgent answer...
does the VO ask for POF for a visit visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2022
bobobri:

Read the thread from beginning. The answer is there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
Good day all, I am asking for a friend. Dropbox follow up interview for Lagos is Thursdays. Is there any such day for follow up interviews in Abuja?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
bobobri:
Good morning guys , what are the steps to prepare for visa interview

None really.
You are simply asked about what you filled in your DS160 form.
And if any previous application, the VO May circle back to compare that info with the one you recently submitted.

Answer questions clearly and brief. You don’t have time for explanation.
Speak audibly
Ask for questions to be repeated if you didn’t hear it well.
Be confident and try and keep nervousness down.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
bobobri:

When filling the Ds160 form , you answered the question about your employment and how much you earn. From that question the VO can determine if you are able to sponsor yourself on your trip . Although most times they don't ask for your bank statement, but it is advisable to go with it incase the VO request for it .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by asebabalola1993: 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Am currently studying in UK and I have traveled to Spain as well, please I also want to travel to US for tourism how do I go about it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Akinloyefemi(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2022
Evening house please is bank statement necessary when we are going for the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gracycool(f): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2022
Akinloyefemi:
Morning house please has anyone experienced this whenever I log in and I wanted to change my interview date all I could get is this please kindly put me 2ru

Kindly go ahead to change your password. Once you have done that, you will get back on your page.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bobobri(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
thanks alot
mrprolifik:

When filling the Ds160 form , you answered the question about your employment and how much you earn. From that question the VO can determine if you are able to sponsor yourself on your trip . Although most times they don't ask for your bank statement, but it is advisable to go with it incase the VO request for it .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sweetjam: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2022
Good evening everyone,I bought my form last year and already filled and submitted my ds160 before booking appointment.I was able to get November 2022 ,the issue I have is my husband made my fill some false information in the already submitted ds160.I’m aware I can feel another and update it on my appointment section but will they be able to access the previously filled one with false information?Kindly reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Sweetjam:
Good evening everyone,I bought my form last year and already filled and submitted my ds160 before booking appointment.I was able to get November 2022 ,the issue I have is my husband made my fill some false information in the already submitted ds160.I’m aware I can feel another and update it on my appointment section but will they be able to access the previously filled one with false information?Kindly reply
Ds-160 form is free of charge and not for sale, the only thing you pay for is your appointment booking. If you fill out another form make sure you ring the embassy to ask if it can be linked to your appointment because both must tally on the day of the interview. I'll suggest you contact the embassy ask if this can be possible.
It'll be better if you fill your form truthfully, that way you don't forget it's content.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2022
Akinloyefemi:
Morning house please has anyone experienced this whenever I log in and I wanted to change my interview date all I could get is this please kindly put me 2ru
why do you want to chabge your date at this critical period
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gracycool(f): 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
Sweetjam:

Yes, you can fill out another DS-160 form with the correct information before your interview. Besides, you will still be required to fill out another DS-160 form prior to your interview as the old one will no longer be valid after six months from the submission date. This includes taking a new passport photo for the form. Afterwards, log into the US visa interview scheduling website, click on your profile and change the DS-160 form application ID or number to the one in the newly filled form (This is extremely important because your DS-160 application number must tally with what you have on your profile for your interview). So, I suggest you fill another form as soon as possible as your interview is less than six months away. If in doubt however, you can always call the embassy to clarify.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2022
Gracycool:

Yes, you can fill out another DS-160 form with the correct information before your interview. Besides, you will still be required to fill out another DS-160 form prior to your interview as the old one will no longer be valid after six months from the submission date. This includes taking a new passport photo for the form. Afterwards, log into the US visa interview scheduling website, click on your profile and change the DS-160 form application ID or number to the one in the newly filled form (This is extremely important because your DS-160 application number must tally with what you have on your profile for your interview). So, I suggest you fill another form as soon as possible as your interview is less than six months away. If in doubt however, you can always call the embassy to clarify.
My sibling had a one-year wait time, she didn't fill out another form, and her interview was in Belfast though not Lagos. Is this a recent development?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sweetjam: 12:56am On Sep 07, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

Ds-160 form is free of charge and not for sale, the only thing you pay for is your appointment booking. If you fill out another form make sure you ring the embassy to ask if it can be linked to your appointment because both must tally on the day of the interview. I'll suggest you the embassy ask if this can be possible.
It'll be better if you fill your form truthfully, that way you don't forget it's content.
I will,Thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sweetjam: 12:57am On Sep 07, 2022
Gracycool:

Noted,thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Macduff007: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2022

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
Macduff007:
Hello,
I am creating a WhatsApp/Telegram group for US visa appointment dates search, streamlined to students for spring 2023(January). If you are interested please contact me:macsmithy4u@gmail.com. Together we can do this. Thank you.

Sincerely
Macduff.

The info you want to share via email can be posted here, so asking people to first contact you personally is just off.
This is Visit Visa thread not Student Visa.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.