Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932088 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nancyamah: 1:30am On Feb 11, 2021
Appointment is currently available,July 27th.
Goodluck to the fastest fingers

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Systrom(m): 2:13am On Feb 11, 2021
Kemo88:
No it’s not. He’s been traveling

okay. No wonder

That’s why it’s easy for him
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:09am On Feb 11, 2021
Kingmat:
Please can someone enter USA with a B1/B2 visa currently in February? It expires in November

Yes. No restrictions on the visa type.
Just adhere to COVID guideline as spelt out on CDC and the US State/Airport you are going to.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by makforex(m): 7:15am On Feb 11, 2021
Kemo88:
No it’s not. He’s been traveling

congrats bro, is d visa approved in Abuja or Lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by africana10: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2021
Kemo88:

Thank you everyone. He went to the embassy and his visa was approved.
Interview was less than 2mins.
He was asked where he is going? Number of children? What he does for a living ?
That’s all. No documents asked!
Thank you all
Congrats!
Did he have to pay the visa acceptance fee?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 11:20am On Feb 11, 2021
Wow!!

Glory be to God.

Thanks for coming back to inform us.

Safe trip to your dad.
Kemo88:

Thank you everyone. He went to the embassy and his visa was approved.
Interview was less than 2mins.
He was asked where he is going? Number of children? What he does for a living ?
That’s all. No documents asked!
Thank you all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2021
Please is this Lagos or Abuja?
Nancyamah:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starbn(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
As a private business owner how do you proved That you have a good economic tie with Nigeria since they usually don't ask bank statement for b1/b2 visa as a fresh visa applicant.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
thanks for the update

Nancyamah:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
africana10:

Congrats!
Did he have to pay the visa acceptance fee?

The reciprocity fee has been canceled

https://ng.usembassy.gov/visa-reciprocity-fees-removed-for-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nancyamah: 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2021
pointednose:
Please is this Lagos or Abuja?

Abuja

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dainnif(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hello,
Please did any one know the time they are going to start giving appointments? Is been over three weeks now that I filled and pay for the visa, yet no current appointment available was what am getting any time I login
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starbn(m): 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
starbn:
As a private business owner how do you proved That you have a good economic tie with Nigeria since they usually don't ask bank statement for b1/b2 visa as a fresh visa applicant.

please help
how can i answer this question.
I have been I the embassy long-time ago.
when they ask what I do for a living.
my answer was I'm a registered private business man.
and my monthly income profit is 300k that was what I fill in my application.
yet I got denied under section 214 .
so how do I answer to prove my economic ties with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starbn(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
starbn:

please help
so how do I answer to prove my economic ties with Nigeria.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nancyamah: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
You don't read the thread,there are dates for appointments since this morning,the last time i checked available date is August for Abuja.
quoted author=Dainnif post=98971152]Hello,
Please did any one know the time they are going to start giving appointments? Is been over three weeks now that I filled and pay for the visa, yet no current appointment available was what am getting any time I login [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 9:39am On Feb 12, 2021
starbn:

please help
so how do I answer to prove my economic ties with Nigeria.

The answer you gave to the question is too vague in my opinion. Why not tell them what business you specialize in. Say something like, I am a businessman and my company specializes in car sales or something like that

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starbn(m): 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
customised87:

The answer you gave to the question is too vague in my opinion. Why not tell them what business you specialize in. Say something like, I am a businessman and my company specializes in car sales or something like that

thank my dear

any more light
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Perotti: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hey folks, I am in the US and trying to apply for a visitor visa for my parents to come for my graduation. I want to ask if I can apply for them from here and pay from here. Which of these 2 links are the appropriate ones:

https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/General/complete/complete_personal.aspx?node=Personal1

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?country=Nigeria

And also, how can I check available dates?

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nancyamah:

Appointment for what please, where are you guys going or what are you all saying is your reason for travelling to a country battling COVID?
Nigerians sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
overlord77:

Appointment for what please, where are you guys going or what are you all saying is your reason for travelling to a country battling COVID?
Nigerians sha

Where people are going shouldn't be any of your concern and why they are travelling should be least of your problem! What Nigeria is battling with is worst of Covid-19. How would your describe the rate of kidnapping in various part of the country? For your information, people can travel for any genuine reasons - vacation or business. Oversabi!

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
Infiosa:

Where people are going shouldn't be any of your concern and why they are travelling should be least of your problem! What Nigeria is battling with is worst of Covid-19. How would your describe the rate of kidnapping in various part of the country? For your information, people can travel for any genuine reasons - vacation or business. Oversabi!

You took my comment very personal, do you feel attacked? if you want to japa, just say so Don't come here pretending to be vacationing. mschewwww. Oversabi, right back at you

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nancyamah: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2021
overlord77:

Nigerians sha

Mind your business,if you are not going allow others to go

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
overlord77:

You took my comment very personal, do you feel attacked? if you want to japa, just say so Don't come here pretending to be vacationing. mschewwww. Oversabi, right back at you

Ode... check me out on Instagram @ and see the countries I have been to on both leisure and business. You can also check me out on LinkedIn and see how much of professional profile I have built for myself. If I have to relocate, it will then be on professional grounds. There are so many genuine grounds for migration - UK point based is now one of them. So keep quiet if you don't know how jump into a conversation and it is obvious u got nothing to offer here intellectually. For your information, this platform is designed for individuals with intellectual capacities to walk people through genuine steps to acquiring visas as well as guides on successful travel experience not japa as you have described it in your own myopic terms. Ode jatijati.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nancyamah:

Mind your business,if you are not going allow others to go

Does he/she have what it takes to go ? We know their type now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aysticksz: 10:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
overlord77:

Nigerians sha

How fast can you leave this thread

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kettlecorn: 2:07am On Feb 14, 2021
overlord77:

Nigerians sha

At the risk of being attacked, let me say something in support of your valid school of thought. In the midst of a global pandemic, simple logic discourages traveling across borders. This virus started in China. How did it get to the U.S. where almost 500 thousand people have died? Same way it got to Nigeria where we can't even remotely tell how many people have died so far. Cross border travel is the mode of transmission from one country to the other and common sense dictates that it should be discouraged until the pandemic is under control. Saying this does not detract from this thread. In fact, I think you are doing a positive public service and I salute you for speaking up and jogging people's thoughts. I am not surprised you have been attacked, as the echo chamber in here cannot fathom any opinion contrary to the prevailing school of thought.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tolakin: 7:47am On Feb 14, 2021
Kettlecorn:

At the risk of being attacked, let me say something in support of your valid school of thought. In the midst of a global pandemic, simple logic discourages traveling across borders. This virus started in China. How did it get to the U.S. where almost 500 thousand people have died? Same way it got to Nigeria where we can't even remotely tell how many people have died so far. Cross border travel is the mode of transmission from one country to the other and common sense dictates that it should be discouraged until the pandemic is under control. Saying this does not detract from this thread. In fact, I think you are doing a positive public service and I salute you for speaking up and jogging people's thoughts. I am not surprised you have been attacked, as the echo chamber in here cannot fathom any opinion contrary to the prevailing school of thought.

You have a point, but doesn’t make those of others invalid.
Also worthy of note is that your message Seemingly came from A ‘better place’ than the poster who’s was somewhat condescending... ‘Nigerians sha’
What is he or she doing on a travel tread to begin with!?
The truth is no one has a right to insinuate or assume the purpose of another’s travel plans.
What’s genuine to A might not sound so to B.
And really, there’s a pandemic ALL OVER THE WORLD not just in the US!!
I would like to believe that we’ve gotten to the point were we all just really need to stay safe and protect ourselves accordingly, and frankly I don’t think you’re any more susceptible to catching the virus going over your country’s border.
You’re just as exposed on American soil as you would be here in Nigeria going about your day to day which the majority has gone back to post lockdown.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 8:49am On Feb 14, 2021
Kettlecorn:

Very valid position, the pandemic started from cross border transmission and the authorities involved felt total lockdown was an ideal way to mitigate against the spread but it didn't work. The pandemic is a new reality and concerned authorities have decided to set in to place precautions to live with it. Economies can't be locked down for so long as its impact will also be catastrophic and more pandemic. So if critically and logically analysed, what is presumed to be common sense from your perspective might not be generally acceptable. Just so you know, most people I know would not have wanted to travel if they had their way but livelihoods had necessitated the need for it. So travelling during pandemic is not only a Nigerian thing but global. However if his comment was presented to attract intellectual discussion, nobody would have said otherwise. This is a platform to unlearn and learn, moreover this is travel platform like someone has rightly said.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Kettlecorn:

This is exactly what you and your comrades are guilty of.

How many times do we have to ring it to your ears that people are travelling for DIFFERENT REASONS??

God forbid someone like you is a visa officer, Na Straight refusal for everybody be that angry

Simply because there is a “pandemic” undecided

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2021
Something we need to understand about a public forum is people are free to express their opinions about issues but must do so in a manner that doesn't appear personal to others.
5+4 is 9, but so it 6+3, and 0+9...
And when you get a mention, it is always not an invitation to a fight, or to defend your honor. You lose the essence of the conversation. Same when you have to quote a comment, don't gaslight your reply.
At the beginning of COVID, I thought that the US had closed its borders to B1/B2 holders, and also expressed the same here, until someone responded to me that travel is possible with that visa.
I took that different opinion and even traveled afterward.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abucephas: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
Please house, I need your advice. I filled Lagos US embassy in my DS -160 but when looking for interview appointment, I only got Abuja consulate as there is no available date in Lagos so I picked Abuja. The interview is this week. Hope there won't be any issue raised by the consular officer on why I have Lagos on my DS-160 but come for interview in Abuja?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fizcoo20(m): 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hello, his there no transcript about visa interview on this forum. Coz have not see anyone that post any transcript here except the students visa forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.