Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (942926 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2021
Good morning,
Please has any one recently gone to the embassy to get a B1/B2 visa for the purpose of holiday? What was your story? Can you please post a transcript?
My dad is trying to renew his visa (He has had a couple of visas in the past)
His appointment at the embassy is in two weeks (that’s the date we got) and The travel date he put on his form is May. Purpose of travel holiday.
Does anyone have a similar experience and were they approved? If yes, please share your transcript.
For anyone else/ gurus in the house any concerns or red flags? Please what are his chances?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
Can someone please help respond to this. Please and thanks

Kemo88:
Good morning,
Please has any one recently gone to the embassy to get a B1/B2 visa for the purpose of holiday? What was your story? Can you please post a transcript?
His appointment at the embassy is in two weeks (that’s the date we got) and The travel date he put on his form is May. Purpose of travel holiday.
Does anyone have a similar experience and were they approved? If yes, please share your transcript.
For anyone else/ gurus in the house any concerns or red flags? Please what are his chances?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obaolami: 1:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need help for a sister.

What documents does a single mother of one needs, aside from affidavits, to travel out of the country with her child?

She already gone to do their passports but according to her, it wasn't easy because they requested for letter of consent from the child's father, and she told them the father's whereabouts is unknown. She was told to make 2-affidavits (one for single mother and the other for facts) after which they were interviewed, their files verified, approved and they got captured.

She said she was told to keep copies of the affidavits because she will need them when they want to travel.

@justwise, seyewest please help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OtunbaRae(m): 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
[quote author=justwise post=88683712]For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

My great people, The url is not opening, kindly help me out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Haryoureendey4(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
Anyone here in US that can partner with me with my graphics design work....u work as a middle man by bringing clients from US, i do the design work and we share the pay profit....

Pls dm me on my whatsapp number attached with my signature if u are interested....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2021
quincynyc:

Good afternoon baba pls what are some of the valid reasons someone intending to visit the US during this period can present? I mean obviously tourism alone won’t seem to cut it or are they giving people regardless of d threats of d 2nd strain

Do you have U.S Visa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:47am On Feb 02, 2021
Obaolami:
Hello everyone, please I need help for a sister.

What documents does a single mother of one needs, aside from affidavits, to travel out of the country with her child?

She already gone to do their passports but according to her, it wasn't easy because they requested for letter of consent from the child's father, and she told them the father's whereabouts is unknown. She was told to make 2-affidavits (one for single mother and the other for facts) after which they were interviewed, their files verified, approved and they got captured.

She said she was told to keep copies of the affidavits because she will need them when they want to travel.

@justwise, seyewest please help

Where is she traveling to?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starbn(m): 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
help :help :help
what is the possibility of getting visa traveling with other family member with different surnames.
we have a family member in u.s who wishes to send invitation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starbn(m): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
we have a very good family friend in u.s and he is a retired senior citizen and very close family friend.
he want me to takes his wife and kids to secure visa and me as well.
but asking the document he w illl send to us.

Please help a brother
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yerfod: 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
Please Guys I really need help with getting an interview appointment date. The attached picture is all I keep getting. Please any useful information will do.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by princeGee23: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hmmm.... Does anyone know any information about this? Is this appointment for b1/b2 visa?

Yerfod:
Please Guys I really need help with getting an interview appointment date. The attached picture is all I keep getting. Please any useful information will do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by princeGee23: 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
Does this information quoted below from the ustraveldocs website indicate that there are no date available for b1/b2 for now except in emergency case?

When I checked the waiting time, it also says emergency scheduling only?

"As of October 13, 2020, the United States Embassy in Abuja and the United States Consulate in Lagos resumed certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including immigrant visas in the IR1, CR1, IR2, CR2, and IR3 classes and nonimmigrant visas in the F, M, and J classes. While the Embassy and Consulate aim to process cases as soon as practicable, there is likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs. The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ to request an emergency appointment."

Yerfod:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Its interesting cos there has not been appointments for close to two weeks now except for one slot I saw about 2 days ago. Y'all should just keep checking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yankison(m): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
House please I appeared for an an interview on the level of police conference in 2016... But now I got an offer from an aviation school which I would love to enroll ... Please would be there any red flag in securing my M-1 visa

Just asking ...the Lord is my Shepard
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
pointednose:

I think you need to check if the number on your profile is same as the one showing on your scheduled appointment.
please in the application form which of the side of d form application number written?.. .I was looking for it when they ask for d application number which I never saw.I have to close the page,I wanted to just fill d application form first before paying for Visa fees.Please can anyone show me sample where d application number is written on d form.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yankison(m): 11:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
yankison:
House please I appeared for an an interview on the level of police conference in 2016... But now I got an offer from an aviation school which I would love to enroll ... Please would be there any red flag in securing my M-1 visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 7:39am On Feb 04, 2021
pointednose:
Its interesting cos there has not been appointments for close to two weeks now except for one slot I saw about 2 days ago. Y'all should just keep checking.

The one you saw 2 days ago! What date was it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OtunbaRae(m): 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
[quote author=OtunbaRae post=98639998][/quote]

Great people, please I need a know the list of documents needed for b1/b2 visa application.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yerfod: 1:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
princeGee23:
Does this information quoted below from the ustraveldocs website indicate that there are no date available for b1/b2 for now except in emergency case?

When I checked the waiting time, it also says emergency scheduling only?

"As of October 13, 2020, the United States Embassy in Abuja and the United States Consulate in Lagos resumed certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including immigrant visas in the IR1, CR1, IR2, CR2, and IR3 classes and nonimmigrant visas in the F, M, and J classes. While the Embassy and Consulate aim to process cases as soon as practicable, there is likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs. The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ to request an emergency appointment."

Thanks for the Information.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yerfod: 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
OtunbaRae:

Great people, please I need a know the list of documents needed for b1/b2 visa application.

Thank you.

Here you go
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.asp
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
Guys...I’m traveling to USA in 2 week time. I learnt from my Travel agent that all travelers are required to do a Rapid covid 19 test which will cost another 37k at the airport. Regardless the airline
How true is this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yerfod: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2021
Yerfod:

Abeg, make una no vex for me oh, I really need to ask this question. One of those agents around the Lagos Embassy told me that he could secure me an appointment irrespective of what's going on, He claims to have an inside man at CGI. I just want the opinion of the house, is this even possible ? Gurus help me out undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DanerNo1(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
Damian457:
Guys...I’m traveling to USA in 2 week time. I learnt from my Travel agent that all travelers are required to do a Rapid covid 19 test which will cost another 37k at the airport. Regardless the airline
How true is this?
True. Biden's new order. Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2021
I know about this...in addition to this, am i required to do another one at the airport before boarding?
DanerNo1:

True. Biden's new order. Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babs4all: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2021
Kindly share your POE experience when you finally travel to the States. I intend to travel in May or June.
Damian457:
How true is this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
Can someone please help with this ?

Kemo88:
Good morning,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yankison(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
yankison:

Just asking ...the Lord is my Shepard
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OtunbaRae(m): 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
Has anyone even been to the embassy recently for B1/B2 visa? What’s happening? Please share transcript o.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
Damian457:
I know about this...in addition to this, am i required to do another one at the airport before boarding?

You only need a PCR Covid test at a designated testing centre and there are many to choose from( there is NO testing place at the airport and rapid tests are not valid for travel). Get your sample taken and get the PCR Covid test done either at LAGOS state facilities or the official ones on ncdc list e.g afriglobal, synlab, clinic, veracare, 54gene .

Anyone telling you about some test at the airport is scamming you by selling fake results. Actual COVID tests done are easily verifiable and plenty fake results have been traced to nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yerfod: 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Yerfod:

Abeg, make una no vex for me oh, I really need to ask this question. One of those agents around the Lagos Embassy told me that he could secure me an appointment irrespective of what's going on, He claims to have an inside man at CGI. I just want the opinion of the house, is this even possible ? Gurus help me out undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
UhnNah:

The one you saw 2 days ago! What date was it?

October, the 19th day or so.

October was the last month that was filled up for appointment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.