Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (941024 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hilariouscandy(m): 6:44am On Feb 07, 2021
Thank you for the info.

quote author=babs4all post=98807897]Yes. Different DS 160 Form. Except it's for birthing, documents are not checked at the interview. The interview lasts for maximum of 3 minutes. On rare occasions can you spend more than 5mins.
Just take basic documents but I am 99% sure that they won't be checked.
[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fetomowo: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2021
Infiosa:

It is not totally true or untrue but a function or discretion of the airline. I think it's better to start learning how Rapid test is being carried out. I plan to visit US in April via Emirates and I have been reading about their requirements to travel to, from or through Dubai. See the attached

Please, does anyone know if transiting through Europe ( CDG, AMS, LHR) will constitute a violation of the US covid 19 protocols?

If yes what is the advisable thing to do, travel through Qatar or UAE, or even North Africa to JFK?

Please kindly advise. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tunddy(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2021
Hello pls i applied for a B1/B2 visa 2019 ending for a conference, i was supposed to have an interview by july but due to the covid-19, my appointment was cancelled, i have being trying to reschedule another appointment date but no appointment date available , pls how can i rescheduled another appointment date since the US appointment is valid within a year or will the validation be extended ? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
fetomowo:

Please, does anyone know if transiting through Europe ( CDG, AMS, LHR) will constitute a violation of the US covid 19 protocols?

If yes what is the advisable thing to do, travel through Qatar or UAE, or even North Africa to JFK?

Take a direct flight.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
You travel through the Middle East
fetomowo:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
fetomowo:

Yes, the restrictions placed on Europe and the UK is yet to be lifted, most especially when transiting with B1/B2 visiting visa. Qatar is the best option for now as Emirates has added additional requirement on top of the normal PCR negative test which is the Covid 19 Rapid test. I would have suggested Air Morroc or Egyptair but overall feedbacks received are not really encouraging.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nikirurussia: 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Please guys suggest which airport would be more friendly to Nigerians newyork, Washington or Miami

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Nikirurussia:
Please guys suggest which airport would be more friendly to Nigerians newyork, Washington or Miami

Where are you going to? It is best to land in the nearest international airport close to your destination. Especially if it is your first time.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nikirurussia: 1:25am On Feb 08, 2021
But is it okay to travel like next month for vacation to state like New York?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:42am On Feb 08, 2021
Nikirurussia:
But is it okay to travel like next month for vacation to state like New York?

Even next week is fine.

You didn't answer flourishing247 question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obaolami: 6:02am On Feb 08, 2021
I replied your mail
fkj950ax:

Even next week is fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 8:42am On Feb 08, 2021
Is a US visa with 3 months validity still valid?
fkj950ax:

Even next week is fine.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2021
Damian457:
Is a US visa with 3 months validity still valid?

Yes still valid

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kksamm: 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Please, I was trying to book an appointment at US embassy in Lagos but after inputting the payment reference number, it comes back to say "No appointment date is available". Please, is this a general problem?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rexericx(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
kksamm:
Please, I was trying to book an appointment at US embassy in Lagos but after inputting the payment reference number, it comes back to say "No appointment date is available". Please, is this a general problem?

Yes keep on trying
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Elvisu: 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
Go to the embassy a day or two days to your interview date and meet those guys that renders internet services around the embassy they will help you and print another one. Though they will charge you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:12am On Feb 09, 2021
fetomowo:

No need for all that long journey bros,

If you have the money, fly Delta from Lagos directly and land on US soil.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2021
Are B1/V2 visa interviews still holding at the embassy/consulate?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by maddock(m): 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2021
Anyone with idea what's the current available interview date for Lagos and Abuja?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by starbn(m): 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
maddock:
Anyone with idea what's the current available interview date for Lagos and Abuja?

I want to know myself tooo

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2021
Thank you everyone. He went to the embassy and his visa was approved.
Interview was less than 2mins.
He was asked where he is going? Number of children? What he does for a living ?
That’s all. No documents asked!
Thank you all
Kemo88:
Good morning,
Please has any one recently gone to the embassy to get a B1/B2 visa for the purpose of holiday? What was your story? Can you please post a transcript?
My dad is trying to renew his visa (He has had a couple of visas in the past)
His appointment at the embassy is in two weeks (that’s the date we got) and The travel date he put on his form is May. Purpose of travel holiday.
Does anyone have a similar experience and were they approved? If yes, please share your transcript.
For anyone else/ gurus in the house any concerns or red flags? Please what are his chances?

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
mattfeuter:

No need for all that long journey bros,

If you have the money, fly Delta from Lagos directly and land on US soil.
I actually like Delta, with the Nigerian food they serve on board.Hot jollof rice and option with chicken and chivita.Not bad,with their A330 workhorse plane ,which is agood alternative to the 767 nd 777 they used sometime back.But I hope they can upgrade to the very modern A350,considering Nigeria is a very viable market for them.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:03am On Feb 10, 2021
The eventual choice of airline is more often than not, a very high function of the ticket cost.
Transit flights are common because it's cheaper, especially when you need NGN to chase USD.
USD300 can be earned in 2 days in the USA, but the Naira equivalent of N120,000 and change is mostly 4 weeks of work.
Direct flights and Transit flights usually have about USD300+ as the difference in price.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:26am On Feb 10, 2021
congrat b1/b2 visa right
Kemo88:

Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2021
Yes

pufframmy:
congrat b1/b2 visa right

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Systrom(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kemo88:

Thank you all
Wow! Congrats

Is this his first time of being given a US visa?

Or he has been traveling to the states before

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by taiwotosho22(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
babs4all:
Yes. Different DS 160 Form. Except it's for birthing, documents are not checked at the interview. The interview lasts for maximum of 3 minutes. On rare occasions can you spend more than 5mins.
Just take basic documents but I am 99% sure that they won't be checked.
I was told by someone that bank statement is not necessary for US visit visa. Does it mean if one does not build his/her statement, no need of submitting it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
taiwotosho22:

I was told by someone that bank statement is not necessary for US visit visa. Does it mean if one does not build his/her statement, no need of submitting it?
What do you mean by " building it? The embassy does not ask you to submit anything. Its normally required for F1 visas but not for B2 although they want applicants to have a stable job and earn well.Thats one of your ties.Economic! But sometime ago they discovered that people have been boosting their accounts illegally(F1). That's why the scrutinize bank statements thoroughly nowadays and they they tell you before hand that you will be permanently banned from the Us if they discover anything fishy

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by taiwotosho22(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
TheEnforcer:
What do you mean by " building it? The embassy does not ask you to submit anything. Its normally required for F1 visas but not for B2 although they want applicants to have a stable job and earn well.Thats one of your ties.Economic! But sometime ago they discovered that people have been boosting their accounts illegally(F1). That's why the scrutinize bank statements thoroughly nowadays and they they tell you before hand that you will be permanently banned from the Us if they discover anything fishy
Thanks for the enlightenment. In case of B2, at least how much do you think one needs to earn? Also if one is self employed, what evidence one needs to convince them that you are financially okay? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2021
fkj950ax:
The eventual choice of airline is more often than not, a very high function of the ticket cost.
Transit flights are common because it's cheaper, especially when you need NGN to chase USD.
USD300 can be earned in 2 days in the USA, but the Naira equivalent of N120,000 and change is mostly 4 weeks of work.
Direct flights and Transit flights usually have about USD300+ as the difference in price.

Transit flights are cost savers. Covid has changed a lot of things. I don't think US even allows transit from Europe. Or have they changed the law again?
I checked Delta direct last week and the figure I saw nearly made me drop my phone. LOL.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kingmat: 11:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
Please can someone enter USA with a B1/B2 visa currently in February? It expires in November
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 12:24am On Feb 11, 2021
No it’s not. He’s been traveling

Systrom:
Wow! Congrats

Is this his first time of being given a US visa?

Or he has been traveling to the states before

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.