Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (934418 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
tonexman18:
Thank you.. Does it mean i cannot go to the USA until 2024??

Since you are planning visiting, I guess you may not be able to get an interview date to get a visit visa before then. Read back 3-4 pages of this thread and you'd see how the dates have been elusive since Covid restrictions got lifted globally.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mzwealthy: 2:53am On Oct 21, 2022
Good morning . Please I will appreciate your response. I and my husband has renewed our visa via Dropbox this may as we qualify for d IW. My baby den passport wasnot ready so we couldn't apply with hers now we gotten her passport as she just turned one . Am I to look for fresh date for her application ? Or what can I do? . Cos we intend travelling in Dec 2022 but her own is my worry as she doesnot ve visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BookAjay: 7:35am On Oct 21, 2022
@the gurus in the house, pls kindly help.
I need to go for a surgery in US. I've gotten an hospital. Now in the process of visa application.
I want to go with my family (spouse and 2 kids).
We have a previous US travel history and a US citizen by birth as the 3rd kid.

Considering the way US is frowning at family visas now, is it advisable to apply with family OR I should apply with only spouse?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 11:03am On Oct 21, 2022
Good day sirs and Mas, I'm new here. I was introduced here by a friend to get a solution.

My story:
I'm qualified for drop box, paid visa fees and started looking for dates on the CGI. After some personal fruitless efforts I got to meet an agent.
I was quite specific about location and month because of the nature of my job.
I'm in Lagos, the agent said he got Oct 31st in Abuja, which I got a farwarded appointment confirmation in my mail.(not directly from embassy)
I will not be able to make this appointment.
I explained to him but said there's nothing he could and that his boys would not release the profile until I pay him.
Now, I cannot access my profile for 3 days.
Tried forgot password many times but didn't get reset password mail.

Pls what do I do, as there's no way I can make this appointment and they are holding on to my profile.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
Funiam:
Good day sirs and Mas, I'm new here. I was introduced here by a friend to get a solution.

My story:
I'm qualified for drop box, paid visa fees and started looking for dates on the CGI. After some personal fruitless efforts I got to meet an agent.
I'm in Lagos, the agent said he got Oct 31st in Abuja, which I got a farwarded appointment confirmation in my mail.(not directly from embassy)
I explained to him but said there's nothing he could and that his boys would not release the profile until I pay him.

Pls what do I do, as there's no way I can make this appointment and they are holding on to my profile.

Sorry about your situation but you should have been specific that you wanted Lagos, not Abuja to this so-called unreasonable agent. By the way, dropbox dates will drop for Lagos this month's end if only you were a bit patient because Lagos stopped taking passports for dropbox in May/June. Those agents will try to convince you that you should take ABUJA and all that but it makes no absolute sense if you're in Lagos considering logistics, except you have something to do in Abuja that period.
If you've tried resetting your password and it's not coming then it means the agent has changed the email on your profile and maybe I'll suggest you ring the embassy for possible solutions to reverse the email.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
BookAjay:
I need to go for a surgery in US. I've gotten an hospital. Now in the process of visa application.

Considering the way US is frowning at family visas now, is it advisable to apply with family OR I should apply with only spouse?
Thanks
Are there any pieces of evidence to back this up or is it based on hearsay?
Applying alone for me does not change anything because I can decide to leave my family in Nigeria and start back in the USA, if I apply with my husband we can leave our kids with someone to care for them temporarily and stay back so it doesn't matter(these are hypothetical instances).
If you've applied as a family before, gone and came back and didn't violate your visa rules then please go ahead and follow your heart. the Now you want to go for medicals you should focus on gathering appropriate documents to prove why you need to go to the USA for medical attention and just in case they ask for receipts of the previous birthing please have them handy. It'll end in praise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by earthrealm(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
Funiam:

My story:

THEY Have reset your email to theirs --- you should have gotten a mail, when they did that,
only the embassy can help you retrieve the profile now, do reach out to them, but I think not telling them all about this whole agent issh may be a wiser course of action. perhaps you have lost access to the email/forgot password etc.... those agents surely hv inside help...cos they way they get dates isn't normal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Thanks for your reaponse.
I was actually specific but the agent did what he liked.
- If I cancel this appointment, will I be able to get another IW date?
- On the appointment confirmation, the drop off address is the Embassy's instead of DHL. Do they drop off at the embassy?
- the embassy asked me to mail my Pport datapage to reset my profile. I hope these agents will not have access to my profile after the reset.

Debbieeeeeee:

Sorry about your situation but you should have been specific that you wanted Lagos, not Abuja to this so-called unreasonable agent. By the way, dropbox dates will drop for Lagos this month's end if only you were a bit patient because Lagos stopped taking passports for dropbox in May/June. Those agents will try to convince you that you should take ABUJA and all that but it makes no absolute sense if you're in Lagos considering logistics, except you have something to do in Abuja that period.
If you've tried resetting your password and it's not coming then it means the agent has changed the email on your profile and maybe I'll suggest you ring the embassy for possible solutions to reverse the email.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
Your response is well appreciated.
They surely have insider help because I still don't know how it's possible to change someone's details...
I have Embassy address as drop off, is this normal?

earthrealm:

THEY Have reset your email to theirs --- you should have gotten a mail, when they did that,
only the embassy can help you retrieve the profile now, do reach out to them, but I think not telling them all about this whole agent issh may be a wiser course of action. perhaps you have lost access to the email/forgot password etc.... those agents surely hv inside help...cos they way they get dates isn't normal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by earthrealm(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
Funiam:
Your response is well appreciated.
They surely have insider help because I still don't know how it's possible to change someone's details...
I have Embassy address as drop off, is this normal?

Perhaps other recent IW folk can chime in.
Mine was in april - dhl office abuja, though i faintly recall it seems Lagos was embassy.

If your profile is reset, the date booked by the agent will be available to you --- the agent and his gang would be sorely pissed.and may contact you to make trouble/demand his money.
How much did they charge you??

Change your password immediately the embassy releases it. That way its secured better.

Dates have been super tough to get for a couple of months now, and no clue on when more dates would be released, are you sure..you wont make extra effort to fly to abuja for the dropoff?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 7:21am On Oct 22, 2022
BookAjay:

Thanks

Why are your 2 kids going with you to surgery? Are they not in school?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 7:31am On Oct 22, 2022
The agent gave a wrong info, it's DHL hafsat plaza Abuja for drop off.

I was charged 100k but yet to pay him because he's trying to force the date on me and I doubt if I can afford trip at this time. It's 150-200k for lag/ Abj flight.

He earned the cash so I'm going to pay him if I'm taking the date, though it didn't play to the rules.

@earthrealm pls can I send someone to drop my documents at DHL?

earthrealm:

Perhaps other recent IW folk can chime in.
Mine was in april - dhl office abuja, though i faintly recall it seems Lagos was embassy.

If your profile is reset, the date booked by the agent will be available to you --- the agent and his gang would be sorely pissed.and may contact you to make trouble/demand his money.
How much did they charge you??

Change your password immediately the embassy releases it. That way its secured better.

Dates have been super tough to get for a couple of months now, and no clue on when more dates would be released, are you sure..you wont make extra effort to fly to abuja for the dropoff?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stell12: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2022
Hello, can someone please post link to the US Visa IW Abuja group? I need appointment please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ghettonews: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2022
Good day fams,
Pls I applied for my b2 visa to travel but I already have an admission from community college in USA, now I was told about (change of status) that it would be the easiest way for me to convert to F1 when I get to us. Pls who know more about change of status?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BookAjay: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2022
Thanks for asking @Twoods

I'm working towards when they are on holiday so we can make the trip together because there's have no where for the 3 to stay during my treatment in US.

TWoods:

Why are your 2 kids going with you to surgery? Are they not in school?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
ghettonews:
Good day fams,
Pls I applied for my b2 visa to travel but I already have an admission from community college in USA, now I was told about (change of status) that it would be the easiest way for me to convert to F1 when I get to us. Pls who know more about change of status?

Go for your students visa. Change of status doesn't work anymore. They now include a clause when they issue visitors visa to a certain age.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ghettonews: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
flourishing247:

Go for your students visa. Change of status doesn't work anymore. They now include a clause when they issue visitors visa to a certain age.

Hello flourishing pls can you pls explain a bit more what you mean by that?

Some people said it is easier now, am really confused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2022
hello please i need you response urgently please if you cant reply my email kindly reply here my interview is next few days
thanks i would appreciate your response

Stella91:
Good Evening Everyone.Please if I book a flight to a different state other than the state of tourism stated on my ds160 would that be a problem at the port of entry?

PS; This is not my first time in traveling to the US I actually schooled there for 2 years so would like to visit some few places before my place of tourism. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yerima21: 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
Please what is the USA tourist visa duration for first time applicant?
I am hearing 6 months, 2 years, etc
Can someone put me through please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
ghettonews:

Hello flourishing pls can you pls explain a bit more what you mean by that?

Some people said it is easier now, am really confused

Sometimes they issue you a visa and indicate that you can NEVER apply for change of status. So basically means even if you decide to stay back in the US, you will be an illegal immigrant for life. You know what that means right?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
yerima21:
Please what is the USA tourist visa duration for first time applicant?
I am hearing 6 months, 2 years, etc
Can someone put me through please

Your question is not clear.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yerima21: 6:55am On Oct 23, 2022
flourishing247:

Your question is not clear.

Sorry I mean if i apply for a tourist visa and the VO decides to give me the visa, what duration do you think he's gona give considering I am a first time applicant ?
In UK for instance, first time applicants get 6months tourist visa, and subsequently they can apply for longer duration like 2 years. For US tourist visa what is the duration of visa given?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sihamey: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2022
US don’t give anything less than 2 years for all visa categories

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Creativebelle: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Pls does a US citizen (minor) need a Nigerian Passport to travel out of Nigeria?

Trying to avoid immigration delays...not sure what's required..

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
Creativebelle:
Hello Everyone,
Pls does a US citizen (minor) need a Nigerian Passport to travel out of Nigeria?
Trying to avoid immigration delays...not sure what's required..
Thank you
A minor will need a passport to travel.
Dual passport holders can use any passport to travel out of Nigeria, but some countries have easier or relaxed entry requirements for different passports, so its' a matter of ease by the passport holder (even a minor).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
yerima21:

Sorry I mean if i apply for a tourist visa and the VO decides to give me the visa, what duration do you think he's gona give considering I am a first time applicant ?
In UK for instance, first time applicants get 6months tourist visa, and subsequently they can apply for longer duration like 2 years. For US tourist visa what is the duration of visa given?

US Visit visa is 2 years.
When you arrive at a US Airport, CBP will grant you entry for usually max of 6 months for that trip.
You can travel multiple times on the same visa. Don't sha stay for the whole 6 months. Thats no longer a tourist visit.
Granting visa and entry to the US are different things

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
@All

Appointment booked between October 24th-28 has been cancelled, applicants received a message like this:

Dear Applicant,

The US Embassy in Abuja regrets to inform you that all appointments scheduled between Oct 24- Oct 28 have been canceled. Affected applicants were notified by email and SMS. The Embassy will reach out to affected applicants with further information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I think it has to do with this publication

https://ng.usembassy.gov/security-notice-elevated-risk-of-terror-attacks/

Got this from someone who was affected

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yerima21: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
fkj950ax:

US Visit visa is 2 years.
When you arrive at a US Airport, CBP will grant you entry for usually max of 6 months for that trip.
You can travel multiple times on the same visa. Don't sha stay for the whole 6 months. Thats no longer a tourist visit.
Granting visa and entry to the US are different things

thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
i just got my msg too, some minutes ago too am affected by this and so very painful to me cause my flight have been booked and there is no how i can get refund now?
justwise:
@All

Appointment booked between October 24th-28 has been cancelled, applicants received a message like this:

Dear Applicant,

The US Embassy in Abuja regrets to inform you that all appointments scheduled between Oct 24- Oct 28 have been canceled. Affected applicants were notified by email and SMS. The Embassy will reach out to affected applicants with further information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I think it has to do with this publication

https://ng.usembassy.gov/security-notice-elevated-risk-of-terror-attacks/

Got this from someone who was affected
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
pufframmy:
i just got my msg too, some minutes ago too am affected by this and so very painful to me cause my flight have been booked and there is no how i can get refund now?

I feel your pain, booking a flight before getting the visa is always risky which is why embassies discourages it.

The cancellation could be related to that article above..its security related...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: yomzee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.