Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (933930 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sydney070(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
flourishing247:

+23412278955

Many thanks �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Naomimary: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2022
Shannon70:

If you are interviewing in the UK it will certainly revolve around how much leave to remain you have in the tcountry.

I have about 10 months left. I have spent 6 months in the UK. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I already asked my University to provide me with a letter stating I am on vacation. Would that be helpful in anyway?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BookAjay: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2022
Pls is this number also for Abuja? If not, pls I need the one for Abuja.
flourishing247:

+23412278955
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BookAjay: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2022
Hello Naira Landers, pls how do I add dependents to my profile after I have already booked an appointment.?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
https://ng.usembassy.gov/contact/

I know this is a forum where we help each other navigate getting a visit visa to the US
But something as getting phone numbers for the embassy in Abuja or the consulate in Lagos is available on the website’s contact page which is faster to check than coming here.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
Good afternoon House,

Am a bit rusty as per the IW process

Am trying to apply for my uncle and aunt who wish to travel to visit their daughter and her family in the US. They have been there before sometimes in 2019. Their initial visa was granted Nov 2018 and it expired October 2020.

I know the rule is for 2 yrs post visa expiry but considering that there is scarcity of IW dates since July (read this here not sure if this is true), can their own case be forgiven and allowed to apply for IW?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
fkj950ax:
https://ng.usembassy.gov/contact/

I know this is a forum where we help each other navigate getting a visit visa to the US
But something as getting phone numbers for the embassy in Abuja or the consulate in Lagos is available on the website’s contact page which is faster to check than coming here.

Na so oooo. Sometimes some questions are tiring sef.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
BookAjay:
Hello Naira Landers, pls how do I add dependents to my profile after I have already booked an appointment.?

You can't, except you want to cancel the existing appointment and book another one. Call the embassy for further clarification.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Inno4saint1: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
Hello everyone, I am a new member in this forum. Happy to meet you guys here.
I applied for student VISA interview appointment but the date is far away, August 9, 2023. And my study begins by January 2023
Please I need information on earliest available dates.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BookAjay: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
Thanks for your response.
Will call them...
flourishing247:

You can't, except you want to cancel the existing appointment and book another one. Call the embassy for further clarification.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Inno4saint1:
Hello everyone, I am a new member in this forum. Happy to meet you guys here.
I applied for student VISA interview appointment but the date is far away, August 9, 2023. And my study begins by January 2023
Please I need information on earliest available dates.
Thanks.
60 days to the resumption date on your I-20 use your docs to apply for expedited and you'll be granted. My friend did at about 88 days and he was still granted but the rule is 60 days.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by itoski(m): 10:45am On Oct 18, 2022
Please if someone indicated she will be traveling in December on her DS-160 can she travel before December?
Asking for my mom please!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewWifey: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BookAjay: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
You are right. I called them, was advised to cancel and current appointment to be able to add dependents. Got them on 012278955.

flourishing247:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
BookAjay:
You are right. I called them, was advised to cancel and current appointment to be able to add dependents. Got them on 012278955.

So you want to cancel? Getting a new date might be challenging.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Emmaonyeo: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hello,

My brother is the one sponsoring me and I’m currently filling my ds160 and they are asking me his relationship with me and I’m seeing
CHILD
PARENT
SPOUSE
OTHER RELATIVE
FRIEND
OTHER
Which one should I select please ?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by WomenInTech: 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
Other relative

Emmaonyeo:
Hello,

My brother is the one sponsoring me and I’m currently filling my ds160 and they are asking me his relationship with me and I’m seeing
CHILD
PARENT
SPOUSE
OTHER RELATIVE
FRIEND
OTHER
Which one should I select please ?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by infosoftlife: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2022
itoski:
Please if someone indicated she will be traveling in December on her DS-160 can she travel before December?
Asking for my mom please!!!

Have you collected the passport? If not wait, all will be revealed to you when you do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by unclepauly: 1:54am On Oct 19, 2022
Hi Guys, here is a quick question, if you don't mind.

I filled out my DS160 earlier this year and was hoping I could use dropbox before my application time expires. Anyways, it did as I was unable to get a date for the dropbox.

To my question, how do I make adjustments to my DS160 as my passport will expire before the interview date? Please note that I already have a date.

I will appreciate feedback and practical steps to follow.

R'grds,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BookAjay: 4:36am On Oct 19, 2022
flourishing247:

Yes, Im going to apply for emergency date when I get all my documents ready.

So you want to cancel? Getting a new date might be challenging.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Malevonent: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2022
PLEASE USA veterans, for someone travelling to baltimore MD, which airport is best to fly into Dulles or BWI?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mosesomed: 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
Good evening everyone, Please I want to apply for visiting visa for my family for USA. Passport procurement was delayed at Passport Immigration office. I want to know appointment dates presently for USA Embassy for Tourist Visa. Please if anyone who have applied recently, what is the date presently. Maybe now December or still in November, please help me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Segun889: 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
BWI is closer.
Malevonent:

PLEASE USA veterans, for someone travelling to baltimore MD, which airport is best to fly into Dulles or BWI?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Segun889: 11:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
Naomimary:

You are good to go. School letter confirming studentship, current level and expected time of completion. be wise to use only a short duration e.g 2wks for your visit especially when School is not in session.

I have about 10 months left. I have spent 6 months in the UK. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I already asked my University to provide me with a letter stating I am on vacation. Would that be helpful in anyway?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:04am On Oct 20, 2022
mosesomed:
Good evening everyone, Please I want to apply for visiting visa for my family for USA. Passport procurement was delayed at Passport Immigration office. I want to know appointment dates presently for USA Embassy for Tourist Visa. Please if anyone who have applied recently, what is the date presently. Maybe now December or still in November, please help me

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Naomimary: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2022
[quote author=Segun889 post=117710442][/quote]

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 10:45am On Oct 20, 2022
Please if i'm being invited by a relative(brother) who is a citizen in the USA,

1. How long does it take before i or the embassy receive the letter??
2. Am i supposed to apply for a visa before i receive the letter??

I stay in Nigeria...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2022
tonexman18:
Please if i'm being invited by a relative(brother) who is a citizen in the USA,

1. How long does it take before i or the embassy receive the letter??
2. Am i supposed to apply for a visa before i receive the letter??

I stay in Nigeria...

The Embassy doesn't receive invitation letters.
Your relative (brother) - what exactly is he to you? - inviting you to the US will not be the primary reason for approving your application.
You have to convince the embassy YOU want to visit the US and YOU will return to Nigeria after your visit. The embassy wants you to change its opinion because you have the resources to pay your bills (or support from others); you have strong ties (family, career, business, social equity) that will drive you to return to Nigeria.

You have to (1) fill an application form, (2) pay the visa fees (3) book an interview using the numbers from 1 & 2 where you meet a consular officer who will interview you.
If you have an invitation letter, you may go to the interview with it, but chances of the letter being asked for is about 5%.
And also note that there are no available interview dates until 2024.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2022
fkj950ax:

The Embassy doesn't receive invitation letters.
Your relative (brother) - what exactly is he to you? - inviting you to the US will not be the primary reason for approving your application.
You have to convince the embassy YOU want to visit the US and YOU will return to Nigeria after your visit. The embassy wants you to change its opinion because you have the resources to pay your bills (or support from others); you have strong ties (family, career, business, social equity) that will drive you to return to Nigeria.

You have to (1) fill an application form, (2) pay the visa fees (3) book an interview using the numbers from 1 & 2 where you meet a consular officer who will interview you.
If you have an invitation letter, you may go to the interview with it, but chances of the letter being asked for is about 5%.
And also note that there are no available interview dates until 2024.
Thank you.. Does it mean i cannot go to the USA until 2024??

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: ozymes, MrMagnetic and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.