Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930357 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
eniola1010:
Please i need a lil bit of clarification

1) if i have a visitor visa. What legal means can i use to convert to normal visa? Can i start schooling there, or look for a job that will sponsor me or how can i legally remain in the US. Pls emphasis on legally o.

Cus someone on the thread was saying once you enter through visitor visa there is no way to convert it, i dont wanna believe that is entirely true..

2) i keep hearing people on the thread who say one can boost appointments date if its urgent. How is this possible please.

Pufframmy arry110 lagosismyhome hunee walexwal flourishing247

I can only speak on what I'm � sure of.

Some visas come with a clause attached to it. You can never change status if you are on US soil.
If by chance you get an admission, then you have to come back for interview. You can't even marry a citizen while in the US hoping for a change of status. It still will not work.

I have seen such attachments with my two koro koro eyes. Someone once posted it here too.

A lot of things changed in the last 5years. People shouldn't take risks that won't favour them.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sipsjoice: 4:07am On Oct 25, 2022
pufframmy:
i just got my msg too, some minutes ago too am affected by this and so very painful to me cause my flight have been booked and there is no how i can get refund now?
I’m in this situation too pls how can I reach Incase any updates come up on the issue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ZainMili: 7:39am On Oct 25, 2022
Please can someone assist me?
I submitted my passport for IW drop box on 05/10/22 together with the email requesting me to do so at the DHL office in VI but still no update even after mailing the consulate.

I initially withdrew my passport after 6 weeks of using the drop box IW as I didn’t get response and needed to travel to UK and for this reason it too them 2 months plus to allow me to resubmit through email acknowledgement.

Please is this how IW drop box is currently experiencing delay in Lagos? Can anyone assist me with good advice on what to do next?

Pls folks who use the drop box IW of recent, what’s the time frame you got response to come pick up your passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ghettonews: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2022
flourishing247:

I can only speak on what I'm � sure of.

Some visas come with a clause attached to it. You can never change status if you are on US soil.
If by chance you get an admission, then you have to come back for interview. You can't even marry a citizen while in the US hoping for a change of status. It still will not work.

I have seen such attachments with my two koro koro eyes. Someone once posted it here too.

A lot of things changed in the last 5years. People shouldn't take risks that won't favour them.

Flourishing u are wrong such stamps doesn't work. They do stamp it on port of entry but that doesn't mean you can't convert. People are still converting.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2022
Abi ooo . Conversion is happening daily. I hv not heard this before o. My friends that stayed back 2017/2018 hv married there and gotten papers now and some hv enrolled in schools to further their education while working too .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
well no info just keep checking here if any info dey i will drop too here i just hope dey will fix us to this year i dont want my interview to pass this year

Sipsjoice:

I’m in this situation too pls how can I reach Incase any updates come up on the issue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
WELL to God be The Glory I received my Refund today for my flight to abuja

only 10k only was removed

and so far am ok with it

flourishing247:

Check the terms of your ticket. It might be refundable. Please never book flights until you have your visa in your hands.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ZainMili: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pls those who recently did Dropbox IW should assist with my enquiry. Thanks

ZainMili:
Please can someone assist me?
I submitted my passport for IW drop box on 05/10/22 together with the email requesting me to do so at the DHL office in VI but still no update even after mailing the consulate.

I initially withdrew my passport after 6 weeks of using the drop box IW as I didn’t get response and needed to travel to UK and for this reason it too them 2 months plus to allow me to resubmit through email acknowledgement.

Please is this how IW drop box is currently experiencing delay in Lagos? Can anyone assist me with good advice on what to do next?

Pls folks who use the drop box IW of recent, what’s the time frame you got response to come pick up your passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
ghettonews:

Flourishing u are wrong such stamps doesn't work. They do stamp it on port of entry but that doesn't mean you can't convert. People are still converting.
Enyinne:
Abi ooo . Conversion is happening daily. I hv not heard this before o. My friends that stayed back 2017/2018 hv married there and gotten papers now and some hv enrolled in schools to further their education while working too .

Can you Adjust your Status when in the US?
Yes, it’s legal if you can satisfy the conditions. A lot of people can’t or do not, they become stuck, working in the shadows and making tons of money. Once they think they have made enough, they leave the US and won’t be able to return. They don’t care about this. CBN fiasco with FX also helps them.

A former neighbor has been sending $1000 a month to Nigeria for like 3 years now, and banking in USD. She doesn’t have papers. She is not married both in the US and before leaving Nigeria.

If CBP annotates your stamped I-94 with No AOS or No EOS, you wont be able to adjust your status as Flourishing247 stated. Even if you decide to get married, you MAY be required to exit the US and sort spousal visa from your home country.
Most I-94 don’t come with annotations, hence the “happening daily”.

With respect to school, the current law (from Trump era) requires you to leave the US within 60 days of completing your studies. Only condition to remain or get papers as you state it is to get a job and the company files for you. If that doesn’t happen, you join the shadow population.
A lot of people travelled recently are in the US as students which permits them to live, get SSN, work (20hrs weekly max). When they complete their programs, you’d not be told the schemes they do to remain in the US.
2017/2018 travels fell before Trump Executive Orders that Biden hasn’t removed completely. Some parts of it are still in effect.

Getting married to a USC is the plan most Nigerians use in circumventing their legal presence in the US.
Is it illegal to get married?
No.

Enrolling in school after getting married is also used to deepen their presence in the US. Some buy homes with a mortgage to deepen it and help their profile or case with USCIS when they file.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
pufframmy:
WELL to God be The Glory I received my Refund today for my flight to abuja

only 10k only was removed

and so far am ok with it

Awesome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
ghettonews:

I'm not talking about the one stamped at point of entry. I'm talking about the one attached to the passport when visa is issued for visitors visa. I guess they have stopped informing people about it but just note it in their system. I have seen it cos my niece had it attached to her visa by the embassy in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Centrix: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Centrix: 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2022
Good morning

Please, when applying for a b1/b2 U.S visa, After filling the form and making the visa payment with the gtbank app, am i supposed to schedule appointment immediately or am i to wait for some hours??

Thank you...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by macanakii: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2022
tonexman18:
Good morning

Please, when applying for a b1/b2 U.S visa, After filling the form and making the visa payment with the gtbank app, am i supposed to schedule appointment immediately or am i to wait for some hours??

Thank you...

I saw this, might be helpful to you.

I am also planning to start my application but currently renewing my passport.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 11:12am On Oct 26, 2022
macanakii:

I saw this, might be helpful to you.

I am also planning to start my application but currently renewing my passport.
Thank you...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by macanakii: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2022
fkj950ax:

The Embassy doesn't receive invitation letters.
Your relative (brother) - what exactly is he to you? - inviting you to the US will not be the primary reason for approving your application.
You have to convince the embassy YOU want to visit the US and YOU will return to Nigeria after your visit. The embassy wants you to change its opinion because you have the resources to pay your bills (or support from others); you have strong ties (family, career, business, social equity) that will drive you to return to Nigeria.

You have to (1) fill an application form, (2) pay the visa fees (3) book an interview using the numbers from 1 & 2 where you meet a consular officer who will interview you.
If you have an invitation letter, you may go to the interview with it, but chances of the letter being asked for is about 5%.
And also note that there are no available interview dates until 2024.

Hi @fkj950ax / anyone that might have an answer for me. Does this 2024 thing apply to all types of visas? I am going to be invited by the company I work for (a US based company) for an offsite, is this an exemption?

By the way, I saw this and I am not sure which case is mine, the first or the last?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rosey11: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hello and good day. For anyone that has traveled recently, do they ask for proof of vaccination? If so, at what point and what do they ask for? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
rosey11:
Hello and good day. For anyone that has traveled recently, do they ask for proof of vaccination? If so, at what point and what do they ask for? Thanks
Airline will ask and that’s all, when you land in the USA nobody will ask.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2022
Good morning nlers

Please i keep getting "there are currently no appointment available" message when i try to book an appointment for my mum.. Could it be that, it is because i picked abuja as the place for interview??

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 11:22am On Oct 27, 2022
My interview was for 31st October 2022 and I got this cancellation mail...
Did anybody get same?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
Funiam:
Did anybody get same?
me too oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by alexisblessed: 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
alexisblessed:
Hi, does anyone know if Lagos embassy has cancelled any appointment like they did with Abuja? My younger sister has her interview on Monday but we are worried they may cancel
Lagos is okay!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fulljoy4264: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
Arry110:

Our interview was by 8:30 at abuja, we went earlier and the queue at the the gate was formed by 7
Me and my siblings had a group interview and was interviewed by a lady. I had a lot knowledge about this interview stuffs from here on Nairaland, reddit and a little from quora. So I told my siblings that I will be in front and do most of the talking.

She asked the purpose for our travel and I answered that we were going for our mothers funeral to pay our last respects,

then she asked what I did, I told her I was a third year student @ xxxxxx, then she said all of you, pointing at my siblings- so they answered ( 2 of us are students and the other 2 are working) it seems like she wasn’t paying attention to our replies while my brothers were answering, she was was just scrolling and looking at her computer

Then she asked if we have ever been out of the country before , I said no, that I’ve never had a reason to (none of my siblings replied to this, even the one that has been to uk - I guess he was anxious)

Then she asked if any of us was married. I feel one thing that helped Is that we have no intentions of staying back after the funeral. The interview was barely up to 2 minutes
I really appreciate everyone that replied to my questions.

Good evening and congrats on your successful application. I have a similar application and I would like to know the documents you attached to support your application pls. Pls also let me know of I can reach you via email. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
fulljoy4264:

Good evening and congrats on your successful application. I have a similar application and I would like to know the documents you attached to support your application pls. Pls also let me know of I can reach you via email. Thank you.
I replied your email (saw it earlier today)
Those people don’t check documents o
Na waste , they don’t ask for a single thing, but just carry Incase

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by editorAA: 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Funiam:
Did anybody get same?

The terrorist threat caused this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
macanakii:

Hi @fkj950ax / anyone that might have an answer for me. Does this 2024 thing apply to all types of visas? I am going to be invited by the company I work for (a US based company) for an offsite, is this an exemption?

By the way, I saw this and I am not sure which case is mine, the first or the last?

If you have an employer filing for you, it won’t be B1/B2 visa. I think you should check another thread on timeline for that visa category.
The embassy has different visa processing times for the different visa types.
Employment visa won’t or may not be 2024 things…
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chemicalboss1(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2022
Funiam:
Did anybody get same?
them just want to make life miserable for ppl with this their yeye terror alert that they are claiming and can't even back it by evidence.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 11:37am On Oct 28, 2022
THERE WAS evidence oo

they discover a box full of bomb and amullations
Chemicalboss1:
them just want to make life miserable for ppl with this their yeye terror alert that they are claiming and can't even back it by evidence.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chemicalboss1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
pufframmy:
THERE WAS evidence oo

they discover a box full of bomb and amullations
in the US Embassy in Abuja??

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.