Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (928704 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2023
prayfornaija:
Is visa issued 4 dropbox when notification is received that passports are ready for pickup? Any chance of rejection? Can the DHL folks open passports to let one know over the phone?

Go here and track ur visa to know if it’s issued or not: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
And yes they sometimes reject Dropbox applications.
As for the DHL folks opening to tell u over the phone. Haba why even ask? Of course it’s not allowed. It’s totally unprofessional.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Muslee4luv(m): 8:50am On Mar 16, 2023
Good morning
I just finished filling up the DS160 form and after trying to create a new profile and filling in my confirmation number for visa waiver, I discovered that the email is still active because I was ask if my information can be linked to the email address and I selected yes. But after then I have been getting the above information. What should I do or
Should I create a new profile with another email address

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 9:05am On Mar 16, 2023
mercyaakan:
Quick question, can someone give a downloaded bank statement for interview or it has to be printed in the bank and signed?
Some banks gives options to have it stamped electronically. Other banks can send statement directly to the Embassy.

There's a lot of flexibility around account statement these days and I wouldn't bother too much as long as they are genuine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by segsdynamic: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2023
Good morning folks,
I have a question regarding my B1B2 interview wc is scheduled for April 2023. But my passport has expired on 10 Mar 2023. I have applied to renew my passport since January but up till now, my passport is not yet ready.

Please kindly advice if I can go ahead to my interview with the expired passport if the new passport is won't be ready before then.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 9:09am On Mar 16, 2023
prayfornaija:
Is visa issued 4 dropbox when notification is received that passports are ready for pickup? Any chance of rejection? Can the DHL folks open passports to let one know over the phone?
Check here
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Don't worry too much imo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2023
segsdynamic:
Good morning folks,
I have a question regarding my B1B2 interview wc is scheduled for April 2023. But my passport has expired on 10 Mar 2023. I have applied to renew my passport since January but up till now, my passport is not yet ready.

Please kindly advice if I can go ahead to my interview with the expired passport if the new passport is won't be ready before then.
Your choice. Note that a visa can't be issued on your old passport since it's expired.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lolly8937: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good day everyone,
Please I need some advise
I and my husband want to apply for Us vis
Reason for travel is to go and give birth to my second child .
We had our first child in Nigeria two years ago and couldn’t apply due to Covid
We both don’t have travel history
However my husband has been working for a multinational for the past 10years and he earns 6 figures
Is there anyone that has gotten US Visa approval recently with a virgin passport ?
Or should we quickly go for vacation before we apply

Your honest advise would be appreciated
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
prayfornaija:

Thanks all...

They were all issued, pickup travel now remains. Have been a little worried since they have green card filings pending.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
Pinky:
Ok Thank you. I will do same for mum.
DO you know how long the VISA payment receipt is valid for before it expires if we don't book an appointment with it immediately?

Does anyone know please?

Booked my appointment now for Thursday. Sorry I don’t know how long the payment is valid for but someone just said 1 year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Terese69: 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Check here
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Don't worry too much imo.

Hi. Thanks for the link. I used the link to track mine and saw "issued" for both mine and my husband's. Does this mean that our visas have been issued?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OlawumiCecilia: 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hi everyone,
I purchased a new visa fee. Pls where can I update the reference number on cgi portal?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
Pls asking again. Has anyone in abuja been able to schedule a follow up interview since this month? The page is still blank without dates. I want to know if it’s general. I have emailed all their addresses and called all their nos. They give me all those generic answers. It’s over 2 weeks now and still been unable to book it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by eniola1010(m): 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
Please i need people experienced in this usa visit visa thread to answer

Is it true that before one goes for the interview, a decision has already been made?

Because i use to hear this a lot. If a decision has already been made, why then do they ask us for questions in the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
Terese69:

Hi. Thanks for the link. I used the link to track mine and saw "issued" for both mine and my husband's. Does this mean that our visas have been issued?
Yes. Congratulations.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Terese69: 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Yes. Congratulations.

Thank you. I just received an email to notify me that our passports are ready for pick up. I’ll go and pick them up tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 7:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
Beelaye:
Pls asking again. Has anyone in abuja been able to schedule a follow up interview since this month? The page is still blank without dates. I want to know if it’s general. I have emailed all their addresses and called all their nos. They give me all those generic answers. It’s over 2 weeks now and still been unable to book it

same even for lagos i guess they are not giving out dates yet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
My wife and I dropped passports for IW. Mine is issued and already picked up while hers still shows passport is with consular. Is it always like this for those that did Dropbox
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 10:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
Beelaye:
same for lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by adelforreal: 11:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello House,

A colleague of mine has a drop box appointment scheduled for June 2023. However, she got a "do not reply" mail from the US consulate few days ago that the appointment has been brought forward to March 2023.

A link was provided for her to follow to see details of the new appointment date but it fails to open on each attempt. Does anyone have an idea of what this is about or has a similar experience.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OlawumiCecilia: 1:48am On Mar 17, 2023
OlawumiCecilia:
Hi everyone,
I purchased a new visa fee. Pls where can I update the reference number on cgi portal?

Anyone on this please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Slimbae2: 7:28am On Mar 17, 2023
Good morning everyone, please I heard by April appointment date for fresh applicant wil be available and it will be drop box for family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Diamondroyal: 7:41am On Mar 17, 2023
Please did anyone book appointment date as FRESH APPLICANT and it came out as a request to the embassy on your profile to give you appointment date.

I'm asking because someone booked an interview date earlier and got 2024 interview date and the person is trying to reschedule for an earlier date and a request is showing on the dashboard now sent to the embassy to grant an early date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:30am On Mar 17, 2023
Diamondroyal:

Please did anyone book appointment date as FRESH APPLICANT and it came out as a request to the embassy on your profile to give you appointment date.

I'm asking because someone booked an interview date earlier and got 2024 interview date and the person is trying to reschedule for an earlier date and a request is showing on the dashboard now sent to the embassy to grant an early date.
This probably looks like an emergency appointment request to the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:32am On Mar 17, 2023
Slimbae2:
Good morning everyone, please I heard by April appointment date for fresh applicant wil be available and it will be drop box for family.
Drop box for fresh applicants? If that’s what you mean please Ignore the rumour, prior to covid wahala sef there was no Dropbox for freshers, even some of those qualified for Dropbox get called for interview sometimes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:34am On Mar 17, 2023
OlawumiCecilia:

Anyone on this please?
On the last page during appointment booking via the website that’s where you get the option to enter receipt number, after entering receipt number then you get the option to choose a date.
If you can not get a hang of it, then call the customer service to help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newbiein2016: 8:38am On Mar 17, 2023
Ask in the birthing thread for more expert opinions and how to better prepare:
https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/428#120309974

While I generally shy away from these questions as it is tough to predict, I encourage you to carefully fill the DS160 form as that's the first step of the interview and also, engage the experts who've gone through the birth route for more tips and guidance.

lolly8937:
Good day everyone,
Please I need some advise
I and my husband want to apply for Us vis
Reason for travel is to go and give birth to my second child .
We had our first child in Nigeria two years ago and couldn’t apply due to Covid
We both don’t have travel history
However my husband has been working for a multinational for the past 10years and he earns 6 figures
Is there anyone that has gotten US Visa approval recently with a virgin passport ?
Or should we quickly go for vacation before we apply

Your honest advise would be appreciated
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newbiein2016: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2023
Can you check the link address to make sure you are being directed somewhere?

Nothwithstanding, send an email to customer service for assistance.

adelforreal:
Hello House,

A colleague of mine has a drop box appointment scheduled for June 2023. However, she got a "do not reply" mail from the US consulate few days ago that the appointment has been brought forward to March 2023.

A link was provided for her to follow to see details of the new appointment date but it fails to open on each attempt. Does anyone have an idea of what this is about or has a similar experience.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newbiein2016: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2023
You don't need to.

This is just a warning, so do ensure the biodata details matches up.

Muslee4luv:
Good morning
I just finished filling up the DS160 form and after trying to create a new profile and filling in my confirmation number for visa waiver, I discovered that the email is still active because I was ask if my information can be linked to the email address and I selected yes. But after then I have been getting the above information. What should I do or
Should I create a new profile with another email address
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2023
Diamondroyal:

Yes. A minor got this on his application. He was scheduled for 2024.

When parents attempted to reschedule, they got the interview waiver appointment scheduling format.

I Honestly don't know what it means.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newbiein2016: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2023
I want to start by emphasizing that a lot of what we have on Nairaland has been crowd-sourced information based on evidence from past visa applications.

Basically, this means a lot of the guidance you get here is driven by what has worked (or not) for other applicants as well as based on guidelines provided by the embassies/VO themselves (in various forms e.g. webinars, threads by VO on forums like Nairaland etc).

That said, I believe that after gathering information about an applicant's situation during the interview and from the DS-160, VO's use their discretion and judgment to reach a decision.

Generally, they are well trained to probe & ask the correct questions & might concentrate on a specific area of your application that they believe to be weak. Your responses, body language and their knowledge from trainings will help them decide on the outcome hence why a lot of feedback here emphasize confidence, relaxation etc during interviews.

Additionally, the VO themselves are not infallible and biases may kick in to further affect outcomes e.g. we have cases of students in UK applying with higher success rates than workers with strong home-ties in Nigeria due to the region, visa abuse history by its nationals and other factors.

You know, my first application was rejected and I believe it was because of an Italian rejection on my passport - I doubt anything could have changed the VOs mind at the point after he saw the stamp on my passport. My profile was 'strong' home-ties wise. But if I had for example applied from the UK, with my same profile and that rejection stamp, there would have been higher chances of approval.

eniola1010:
Please i need people experienced in this usa visit visa thread to answer

Is it true that before one goes for the interview, a decision has already been made?

Because i use to hear this a lot. If a decision has already been made, why then do they ask us for questions in the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:31am On Mar 17, 2023
prayfornaija:

Thanks all...

They were all issued, pickup travel now remains. Have been a little worried since they have green card filings pending.

They issue to pending immigrants once they individuals have a good tract record.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.