Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (928991 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2023
Please if someone was denied few years back , when filling the ds160 form . What should be the reason to fill , like the brief details ? And it was a family application that was denied though the mother had previous and has current USA visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2023
meljoe:
Please if someone was denied few years back , when filling the ds160 form . What should be the reason to fill , like the brief details ? And it was a family application that was denied though the mother had previous and has current USA visa

Use the space to briefly explain the reason you were denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bbclue(f): 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2023
I have gotten interview date which is Monday morning..

a letter was given to me to present at the gate and I should bring it Inside the embassy with some documents...

God please I depend on you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by successibt: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2023
Dear All,

Please I am a fresh applicant applying for B1 business visa. My employer is inviting me for a business retreat in the United slated for July 2023. Currently, I am getting July 24 interview date. Please how can you help me?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2023
bbclue:

a letter was given to me to present at the gate and I should bring it Inside the embassy with some documents...

Don’t fidget, everything will be okay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2023
Do they tell you the reason ? There’s usually no reason now

1stGenAmerican:

Use the space to briefly explain the reason you were denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by RSQLPython: 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2023
Hello House,

For those that has renewed their visa through IW; how do you know you have been approved before you actually pick up your passport?

My relatives applied for the waiver and I just checked the portal. Please see what it is saying below - Your passport is ready for pickup. I am not sure if they have been approved or not.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2023
bbclue:

how were you ale to get the interview date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
meljoe:
Do they tell you the reason ? There’s usually no reason now

Yes. There is always a reason given for a visa denial. They will be able to look at the records in the computer database but they expect you to list the reason beforehand.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bbclue(f): 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2023
aaidel:

how were you ale to get the interview date?

I am an alumni of u.s embassy exchange program in Lagos.

so I spoke to my cordinator

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2023
RSQLPython:
Hello House,

For those that has renewed their visa through IW; how do you know you have been approved before you actually pick up your passport?

My relatives applied for the waiver and I just checked the portal. Please see what it is saying below - Your passport is ready for pickup. I am not sure if they have been approved or not.
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2023
Well there was no reason then as at 2018 . Just normal casual reasons that they tell everyone. It’s not really specified.

1stGenAmerican:

Yes. There is always a reason given for a visa denial. They will be able to look at the records in the computer database but they expect you to list the reason beforehand.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2023
meljoe:
Well there was no reason then as at 2018 . Just normal casual reasons that they tell everyone. It’s not really specified.

There had to be a reason for the rejection given. No such thing as normal, casual reasons.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by RSQLPython: 12:02am On Mar 18, 2023

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 1:37am On Mar 18, 2023
Okay I can’t remember, if I’m to explain what do I fill please ?
1stGenAmerican:

There had to be a reason for the rejection given. No such thing as normal, casual reasons.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 10:43am On Mar 18, 2023
meljoe:
Okay I can’t remember, if I’m to explain what do I fill please ?
You're quite right. You're not always given a specific reason for the refusal. I've read here where an applicant refused leaving and demanded to know why he/she was refused.

For your question, You can use the generic reason in the paper given to you if you don't have a specific reason for refusal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
Exactly , please what’s the generic reason ? It’s been quite long . Do you have an idea what I can fill ? I’m a student in the uk currently .

NothingDoMe:
You're quite right. You're not always given a specific reason for the refusal. I've read here where an applicant refused leaving and demanded to know why he/she was refused.

For your question, You can use the generic reason in the paper given to you if you don't have a specific reason for refusal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iguita: 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am planning to renew my family’s US visa using IW. I’d like to know how long the process takes from application to submission to passport retrieval. We are traveling in May so we need to apply for our destination’s visa (not US) in April. That leaves us with June and July as I am traveling all through August and our IW would expire by September.

Is June/July for IW visible? If yes, do I need to fill DS-160 now to get submission date of June?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iguita: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
You are as good as having your visa. ThT letter you have is referral letter. It’s different from thé interview invitation others have.

The interviewer will ask you your relationship to the person who gave you the letter. Be ready to answer that.

But your interview will be a breeze

bbclue:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
meljoe:
Exactly , please what’s the generic reason ? It’s been quite long . Do you have an idea what I can fill ? I’m a student in the uk currently .

You're stressing over this issue unnecessarily. Write what you remember. Focus more on your current circumstances.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okay thanks
NothingDoMe:
You're stressing over this issue unnecessarily. Write what you remember. Focus more on your current circumstances.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bbclue(f): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
iguita:
You are as good as having your visa. ThT letter you have is referral letter. It’s different from thé interview invitation others have.

The interviewer will ask you your relationship to the person who gave you the letter. Be ready to answer that.

But your interview will be a breeze

you are right, referring officer name was written

Lol, what is the meaning of breeze..

I was asked to bring the below document

1. My passport
2. my priority appointment letter
3.Confirmation page of ds-160
4. Visa fee teller
5. 2 passport photo
6. bank statement, employment letter or pay slip or any document that shows strong tie
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
bbclue:

na wa o

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
NothingDoMe:

Good day NothingDoMe and everyone who can help. So I submitted my IW on the 16th with my son then I realised that just today that I did not update my new DS160 no on my CGIF profile. I checked yesterday my son's page says application received but mine no update. So I went to my CGFI page this morning and I saw that I can still update my profile and I have done that hope it won't affect my visa application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eriokanmi: 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
bbclue:

alumnus smiley

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eriokanmi: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
RSQLPython:
Hello House,

When did your relations submit their passport at DHL office? Did they write down the website of DHL where their documents were to be tracked?

Please go here and input all the details requested.

dhlpassportpuckup.ng

If passports are now at the DHL office, you'd definitely know.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
Enishit:

Good day NothingDoMe and everyone who can help. So I submitted my IW on the 16th with my son then I realised that just today that I did not update my new DS160 no on my CGIF profile. I checked yesterday my son's page says application received but mine no update. So I went to my CGFI page this morning and I saw that I can still update my profile and I have done that hope it won't affect my visa application.
Hopefully what you've done will work. I just logged in into the website and can't find my DS-160 number in my profile. Check your son's profile to confirm if it's same as mine since we're both on application received status.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
[quote author=NothingDoMe post=121855550] Hopefully what you've done will work. I just logged in into the website and can't find my DS-160 number in my profile. Check your son's profile to confirm if it's same as mine since we're both on application received status.
I checked his but couldn't update so I guess it was because I did not have an updated DS160 but I only saw your passport is with the US embassy. Hopefully it Will work will wait till Tuesday and check again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
Enishit:
I checked his but couldn't update so I guess it was because I did not have an updated DS160 but I only saw your passport is with the US embassy. Hopefully it Will work will wait till Tuesday and check again
That's aight 👍
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ladylco: 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
meljoe:
Someone please help me on this

Please I need an answer on this so I can get sage on time please

No. you have to pay the visa fees first, start the ds 160 form (you dont necessarilyhave to submit the form yet but make sure you save the application and log back into it within 25days hence you will loose it), once you have an application num, you will then create an appointment profile where you will need your payment receipt number and ds 160 reference number to be able to book appointment. Then you can always edit your form till you submit it. once it's submitted, you cannot edit it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ladylco: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
Pinky:
Ok Thank you. I will do same for mum.
DO you know how long the VISA payment receipt is valid for before it expires if we don't book an appointment with it immediately?

Does anyone know please?

1 year

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.