Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (931830 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DecentT: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2023
Please someone should direct me on how to reschedule my visa appointment. I had an earlier scheduled date for late 2024 but would want to reschedule to an earlier date around February/March 2024. I've opened my profile but can't see an option for RESCHEDULE. Thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2023
deegalaxy:
@DecentT You have exhausted ur Rescheduling slots that is why you can't find that option again. So for now you stuck with the date you have. Only on very rare occasion you can one more chance pop up for you to reschedule, it happened to me, after I had exhausted my slots . So keep checking. But currently is October 2024 downward that is available.
pls how will i check available date

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
mane48:
pls how will i check available date

Hope you have filled your form and submitted before you got here. Because you will be asked for the confirmation number.

If yes then...

On your left hand, click on the "New application/Schedule appointment" then follow the instructions and read it well. Is not hard.

Note: At the final point, after you have input your transference number you got from the bank and request to book appointment. You will wait for some days to receive a mail from them with a link to continue and then actually book a date from whatever is available at that time you check or you can keep checking still your desired date is available.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DecentT: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
Thanks for your response. Surprisingly, I only scheduled once, had not tried rescheduling before this time.

deegalaxy:
@DecentT You have exhausted ur Rescheduling slots that is why you can't find that option again. So for now you stuck with the date you have. Only on very rare occasion you can one more chance pop up for you to reschedule, it happened to me, after I had exhausted my slots . So keep checking. But currently is October 2024 downward that is available.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Icesnow(f): 1:09am On Aug 25, 2023
Hi all! I need to edit my ds 160 as my circumstances has changed. Like change of job and change of location in the USA. How do I go about it without cancellation of my appointment? I also do not want to reschedule my appointment as it will give me further date. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AvaDaisy(f): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2023
You can’t edit ds160 once you’ve submitted it. The only option is to ensure you fill a new one. You should be able to update the new ds160 number on the appointment portal. If you are not able to update by yourself, you can call the embassy call center and they will update it for you on the call.
Icesnow:
Hi all! I need to edit my ds 160 as my circumstances has changed. Like change of job and change of location in the USA. How do I go about it without cancellation of my appointment? I also do not want to reschedule my appointment as it will give me further date. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2023
Icesnow:

Go to your DS 160 website input details like you want to retrieve your form, it will two options; view your confirmation page or create new application. Click on new application and continue with the whole process as displayed.

This will generate a new DS 160 confirmation number and also show you all your previous information filled , go through, fill and edit, upload pic, Sign and submit.

Then go to the appointment website, click on update profile, change the DS 160 confirmation number to the new one and click save.

That should take you back to the homepage, click on appointment confirmation, it will generate your new appointment confirmation having your new DS 160 number without changing your appointment date. you can then email or print it.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Icesnow(f): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2023
AvaDaisy:
You can’t edit ds160 once you’ve submitted it. The only option is to ensure you fill a new one. You should be able to update the new ds160 number on the appointment portal. If you are not able to update by yourself, you can call the embassy call center and they will update it for you on the call.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Icesnow(f): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2023
deegalaxy:

Go to your DS 160 website input details like you want to retrieve your form, it will two options; view your confirmation page or create new application. Click on new application and continue with the whole process as displayed.

This will generate a new DS 160 confirmation number and also show you all your previous information filled , go through, fill and edit, upload pic, Sign and submit.

Then go to the appointment website, click on update profile, change the DS 160 confirmation number to the new one and click save.

That should take you back to the homepage, click on appointment confirmation, it will generate your new appointment confirmation having your new DS 160 number without changing your appointment date. you can then email or print it.
Thanks u so much. I will do as directed.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stormeverbright(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
I want to visit my wife in the United States, she is a citizen, she is sponsoring the whole process . Do I need the help of an agent to get my visa approved, what are the chances of getting my visa approved without the help of an agent?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jbab: 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Stormeverbright:
I want to visit my wife in the United States, she is a citizen, she is sponsoring the whole process . Do I need the help of an agent to get my visa approved, what are the chances of getting my visa approved without the help of an agent?

Agents don't approve or determine visa success. since your wife is a US citizen, apply for the right visa. You can go through the their official website to know what type of visa you qualify for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stormeverbright(m): 3:17am On Aug 27, 2023
Jbab:

Agents don't approve or determine visa success. since your wife is a US citizen, apply for the right visa. You can go through the their official website to know what type of visa you qualify for.

Thank you so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 3:26am On Aug 27, 2023
Stormeverbright:

Why not tell her to file for you since you are legally married? You also do not need the services of any agent. Apply for B1/B2 by yourself.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stormeverbright(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2023
flourishing247:

Why not tell her to file for you since you are legally married? You also do not need the services of any agent. Apply for B1/B2 by yourself.

She have filed already, she just need me to come visit. Because it might take up to 2years before the filing process is complete. Thanks I will apply as for the visa, if necessary I will buy a closer appointment time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Unlettered: 11:52am On Aug 27, 2023
Ive gotten my visa. 5years. Unfortunately i couldnt attend my business trip as its past the date.

Nontheless, i was asked about my job, family and duration of trip. Thats about it and granted the visa asap.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyaboys: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hmnn....while people with genuine travel intent to go visit and come back are not getting their applications approved. This life no balance walahi!

post=125389125]
I have family friends a couple with 3 kids to be precise, they all just got US tourist visa B2. The husband has a good job here in Nigeria while the wife and 2 kids intend to travel to the US by mid october to settle with no intention to return.
Presently she needs a relatively affordable accommodation, guidance on which state to settle and a Job pending when the husband gather funds for accommodation and others. She can do tailoring and other menial jobs.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hi olurotimi , I didn’t want to quote your post to enable you take it down with ease. This thread is for non immigrant visas and it’s a very public forum. You won’t find the answer you’re looking for here, they should contact their friends and family abroad to assist them as this doesn’t concern non immigrants. Questions like this on this thread where VO’s constantly monitor is what decreases approval rate for genuine visitors. Please take that post down, thanks.

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2023
olurotimi:

I

In this era when japa to UK and Canada is so easy. They want to become illegal immigrants!! Abeg oo! I hope they know it is not going to be easy and can backfire badly. Make we try to the do the honorable thing in as much as country come hard small. Na things like this de make visa process difficult for naija people dem.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hillarymmesoma: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2023
KekereSisi:
U can reach lagosabujadates@gmail.com they helped a friend with F1 appointment, so ask about b1b2 appointment

Pls do u know if they can assist with tourist visa date? Is it a group for checking dates? For 2wks now I hav not been seeing that reschedule button and my emergency appointment application was denied...trying to get date for september
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
flourishing247:

In this era when japa to UK and Canada is so easy. They want to become illegal immigrants!! Abeg oo! I hope they know it is not going to be easy and can backfire badly. Make we try to the do the honorable thing in as much as country come hard small. Na things like this de make visa process difficult for naija people dem.

A lot of them don’t know that holiday and relocation aren’t the same thing. The pepper they will smell will choke especially if they don’t carry money. I know people who did the same thing since 2016 they’re still struggling to balance till date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ollybee1234: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Good morning everyone, am trying to apply for visiting visa for my mum , am a permanent resident in the United States, am having a baby in January, how can she convince the officer that she will go back after a month . And the date we are getting is in September 2024
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FarAndWide: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
Send me a DM for 2023 appointment

Ollybee1234:
Good morning everyone, am trying to apply for visiting visa for my mum , am a permanent resident in the United States, am having a baby in January, how can she convince the officer that she will go back after a month . And the date we are getting is in September 2024
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cocolacec(m): 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Stormeverbright:

Apply for fiancee visa or family reunion visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
How much is u.s b1,b2 visa now since the price has increase
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kriscamdi(m): 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2023
FarAndWide:
Send me a DM for 2023 appointment

Are you on WhatsApp ? Or is there any group for that?.. how can we keep updated for the 2023 appointments… this is really frustrating, showing 2025 july for the past 1week now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2023
mane48:
How much is u.s b1,b2 visa now since the price has increase

Bro, just use the internet for the purpose it was created?
You want price for B1/B2 Visa Fees, then just go to US Embassy Nigeria website and check Visa Fees
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/niv-fee-increases-to-take-effect-june-17-2023.html

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Techyking(m): 12:55am On Aug 30, 2023
I'm here to seek advice and recommendations on what we could do better for a tourist visa interview.

Backgound:
My wife and I welcomed a baby last week and we are inviting my mum to visit for about 4 weeks. Her interview is coming up first week of September in Lagos, I don't want her to miss this opportunity. The problem is that she had gone with my Dad in March 2023 for a tourist visa and both were denied for lack of sufficient home ties.

Additionally, my inlaws went for US visa interview this August 2023 for a tourist visa to visit their new grandson and both were denied. My inlaws did everything right in my opinion, they both had very great jobs, landed property, and business and all their kids apart from my wife are in Nigeria and the VO denied them on the grounds of lack of sufficient home ties. I'm very confused regarding what the VO is seeking as evidence of home ties.

Due to the above experience from my parents and in-laws who were both denied tourist visas, I'm sharing the responses my Mum is preparing to provide the VO for your input.
Note: This time around my mum will be going for the interview alone, not with my dad as she previously did.

Answers she is preparing to provide
VO: May I have your passport
Mum: Passes her passport

VO: What do you want to go and do in the USA
Mum: I wantt to see my newly born grandson. My son and my daughter in law had a baby in August.

VO: How long do you intend to stay in the USA
Mum: I will be visiting for 4-weeks

VO: Where will you be staying is USA
Mum: I will be staying with my Son and his family in California

VO: What does he son do
Mum: He work in xxxx company as a Software Engieer

VO:
Mum:

VO: Who will be sponsoring your trip
Mum: My husband will be sponsoring imy trip. I also have some personal savings as well.

VO: What does your husband do
Mum: He is retired from Public service. He worked in our State Post Primary School Management Board as a Supervising Principal

VO: What do you do
Mum: I'm a retired secondary school principal and now work as a full-time Catechism teacher at our local parish, I am also a laity leader in the Carmelite missionary community

VO: Do you have other relatives in the US
Mum: Yes I have another son who also lives in California

VO: How many children do you have
Mum: I have x number of kids

VO: Where are all your kids
Mum: 2 in US, 1 in Canada, 1 in UK and rest in Naija

VO: What are you childred doing
Mum: Explains

VO: Why are you not travellin with your husband
Mum: He just had a surgery and was adviced not to travel now

Kindly review these proposed answers and let me know if we are missing something.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Techyking(m): 1:01am On Aug 30, 2023
I'm here to seek advice and recommendations on what we could do better for a tourist visa interview.

Backgound:
My wife and I welcomed a baby last week and we are inviting my mum to visit for about 4 weeks. Her interview is coming up first week of September in Lagos, I don't want her to miss this opportunity. The problem is that she had gone with my Dad in March 2023 for a tourist visa and both were denied for lack of sufficient home ties.

Additionally, my inlaws went for US visa interview this August 2023 for a tourist visa to visit their new grandson and both were denied. My inlaws did everything right in my opinion, they both had very great jobs, landed property, and business and all their kids apart from my wife are in Nigeria and the VO denied them on the grounds of lack of sufficient home ties. I'm very confused regarding what the VO is seeking as evidence of home ties.

Due to the above experience from my parents and in-laws who were both denied tourist visas, I'm sharing the responses my Mum is preparing to provide the VO for your input.
Note: This time around my mum will be going for the interview alone, not with my dad as she previously did.

Mum: I wantt to see my newly born grandson. My son and my daughter in law had a baby in August.

VO:
Mum:

Mum: My husband will be sponsoring imy trip. I also have some personal savings as well.

Mum: He is retired from Public service. He worked in our State Post Primary School Management Board as a Supervising Principal

Mum: I'm a retired secondary school principal and now work as a full-time Catechism teacher at our local parish, I am also a laity leader in the Carmelite missionary community

Kindly review these proposed answers and let me know if we are missing something.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 1:28am On Aug 30, 2023
Stormeverbright:

She have filed already, she just need me to come visit. Because it might take up to 2years before the filing process is complete. Thanks I will apply as for the visa, if necessary I will buy a closer appointment time.

Even though it’s possible to obtain a non immigrant visa while you have a pending immigration petition, I will advise that you think twice about it so as not to complicate your immigration process. The non immigration visa interview may possibly bring up some issues that can delay your immigration process. Why doesn’t she visit Nigeria to see you? You are in the highest priority preference for immigration so it should not take long. They may be telling you 2 years but in non Covid times, it shouldn’t take more than a year.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 1:31am On Aug 30, 2023
Techyking:

Backgound:

VO:
Mum:

Not trying to be nosy or insinuate anything, but what is you and your spouses immigration status and how was it achieved? You don’t have to answer, just giving you something additional to consider that has come up in situations like this in the past.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: DadR, AvaDaisy(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.