Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932122 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:43am On Aug 30, 2023
Techyking:
I'm here to seek advice and recommendations on what we could do better for a tourist visa interview.

The challenge with scripted Q&As is when a question outside the script is asked (which is guaranteed), it throws the applicants off balance and the interview timeframe is so short, there is no time to recover and continue properly. VOs are said to study body languages, confidence level and voice frequency/patterns.

Rehearsing Q&As is good, but comes with a pitfall.

WRT your Q&A, I think its good and should serve its purpose.
Your dads surgery is also a good reason for your mom to return to Nigeria, but if the VO doesn't ask why she's applying alone, then that information is lost in translation. That info should be included compulsorily with the answer you have for How long do you intend to stay in the US question, which is a guaranteed question to be asked by the VO

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 5:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Techyking:
I'm here to seek advice and recommendations on what we could do better for a tourist visa interview.

Just pray that she meets a kindhearted VO. Just like someone stated earlier, don't bother about rehearsal. She should just be straightforward. I wish her a victorious outcome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 5:29am On Aug 30, 2023
kriscamdi:

Are you on WhatsApp ? Or is there any group for that?.. how can we keep updated for the 2023 appointments… this is really frustrating, showing 2025 july for the past 1week now

Yes, that's what it is now. Seems you didn't know that interview dates are so far ahead. Keep checking, you might get 2024. You can check twice daily. Meanwhile be wary of people " selling" dates. This is something you can do yourself.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 5:31am On Aug 30, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

A lot of them don’t know that holiday and relocation aren’t the same thing. The pepper they will smell will choke especially if they don’t carry money. I know people who did the same thing since 2016 they’re still struggling to balance till date.

Exactly. Nobody will tell them this truth. Even with money they just cannot settle with tourist visa. E go choke badly. The worst is facing deportation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kriscamdi(m): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2023
flourishing247:

Yes, that's what it is now. Seems you didn't know that interview dates are so far ahead. Keep checking, you might get 2024. You can check twice daily. Meanwhile be wary of people " selling" dates. This is something you can do yourself.

Yea, I don’t intend buying dates, because I believe I can search for myself. But also if there is any WhatsApp group or so where updates are given in real time. Sometimes these dates flashes and one can see
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bigolly(m): 7:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Ess:

You need to ask the agents that sell the dates. The truth is that there are legit seller's of dates, I'm a witness as my Aunt got within a month frame, she did her interview this week and has gotten the visa.
Just be cautious with who you are dealing with. Involve a lawyer if you are not comfortable.

Oh okay thank you. Please can I have the contact of the person that got your aunty her date? You can emailed the number to me on ola4real707@yahoo.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Good morning all,
Please if someone did drop box and was given a 221g to attend an interview and the visa was issued .

When applying in another embassy , is she to declare that as a refusal ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2023
puffmama:
Good morning all,
Please if someone did drop box and was given a 221g to attend an interview and the visa was issued .

When applying in another embassy , is she to declare that as a refusal ?
No, it’s not a refusal. 221g is a pending status that either ends up in an issuance or a refusal and it ended up in an issuance so it’s not a refusal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Mancala:

Not trying to be nosy or insinuate anything, but what is you and your spouses immigration status and how was it achieved? You don’t have to answer, just giving you something additional to consider that has come up in situations like this in the past.
I agree with this, how you achieved your immigration status may contribute to the future issuance of visa to your family members tied to your application, although some people get lucky.
Someone who overstayed her visa and used to apply with her family has a group got them all denied due to her immigration status and they’ve been visiting the USA for a long time prior to the overstay but the moment they returned to renew they all got refused on three attempts. Although they got lucky with their first one after she left and luckily renewed that one but after then they’ve tried thrice and all gotten refused.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2023
flourishing247:

Exactly. Nobody will tell them this truth. Even with money they just cannot settle with tourist visa. E go choke badly. The worst is facing deportation.
Really really how much do they want to carry with this shitty exchange rate that’ll be sufficient. With the many immigration pathways to Canada right now, it makes no sense to go and suffer in the usa without papers or facing removal order, running from pillar to post. To make matters worse many of them go with like 2-4 kids.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jbab: 11:29am On Aug 30, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

I agree with this, how you achieved your immigration status may contribute to the future issuance of visa to your family members tied to your application, although some people get lucky.
Someone who overstayed her visa and used to apply with her family has a group got them all denied due to her immigration status and they’ve been visiting the USA for a long time prior to the overstay but the moment they returned to renew they all got refused on three attempts. Although they got lucky with their first one after she left and luckily renewed that one but after then they’ve tried thrice and all gotten refused.

Visa overstay is mainly after 6 months in US visa but in recent years staying over 3 months is a red flag. Many renewals were denied because of long stay but not up to 6 months. I always advise visitors who plan to renew to always keep to the number of days presented at the immigration desk of any US airport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2023
Jbab:

Visa overstay is mainly after 6 months in US visa but in recent years staying over 3 months is a red flag. Many renewals were denied because of long stay but not up to 6 months. I always advise visitors who plan to renew to always keep to the number of days presented at the immigration desk of any US airport.
You don’t seem to get my post. The overstay in discussion is going and not returning not staying for 3 months and above. Yes, staying long may be an issue but staying behind and not returning with the intent of relocating is the main issue.
By the way, although 180 days the standard to be stamped in for, some get stamped in for lesser, so staying beyond the date you’re allowed in the usa is the issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jbab: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Techyking:

Backgound:
My wife and I welcomed a baby last week and we are inviting my mum to visit for about 4 weeks. Her interview is coming up first week of September in Lagos, I don't want her to miss this opportunity. The problem is that she had gone with my Dad in March 2023 for a tourist visa and both were denied for lack of sufficient home ties.

Additionally, my inlaws went for US visa interview this August 2023 for a tourist visa to visit their new grandson and both were denied. My inlaws did everything right in my opinion, they both had very great jobs, landed property, and business and all their kids apart from my wife are in Nigeria and the VO denied them on the grounds of lack of sufficient home ties. I'm very confused regarding what the VO is seeking as evidence of home ties.

Due to the above experience from my parents and in-laws who were both denied tourist visas, I'm sharing the responses my Mum is preparing to provide the VO for your input.
Note: This time around my mum will be going for the interview alone, not with my dad as she previously did.

Answers she is preparing to provide
VO: May I have your passport
Mum: Passes her passport

VO: What do you want to go and do in the USA
Mum: I wantt to see my newly born grandson. My son and my daughter in law had a baby in August.

VO: How long do you intend to stay in the USA
Mum: I will be visiting for 4-weeks

VO: Where will you be staying is USA
Mum: I will be staying with my Son and his family in California

VO: What does he son do
Mum: He work in xxxx company as a Software Engieer

VO:
Mum:

VO: Who will be sponsoring your trip
Mum: My husband will be sponsoring imy trip. I also have some personal savings as well.

VO: What does your husband do
Mum: He is retired from Public service. He worked in our State Post Primary School Management Board as a Supervising Principal

VO: What do you do
Mum: I'm a retired secondary school principal and now work as a full-time Catechism teacher at our local parish, I am also a laity leader in the Carmelite missionary community

VO: Do you have other relatives in the US
Mum: Yes I have another son who also lives in California

VO: How many children do you have
Mum: I have x number of kids

VO: Where are all your kids
Mum: 2 in US, 1 in Canada, 1 in UK and rest in Naija

VO: What are you childred doing
Mum: Explains

VO: Why are you not travellin with your husband
Mum: He just had a surgery and was adviced not to travel now

Kindly review these proposed answers and let me know if we are missing something.

My primary concern is how you get your GC in the US,did you travel through the visitor's route or the legal migration process in Nigeria? Many applicants in similar situations have their family members visa denied because their hosts got their GC through the visitor's visa while in the US. Be sure to let her know how you migrated to the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jbab: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

You don’t seem to get my post. The overstay in discussion is going and not returning not staying for 3 months and above. Yes, staying long may be an issue but staying behind and not returning with the intent of relocating is the main issue.
By the way, although 180 days the standard to be stamped in for, some get stamped in for lesser, so staying beyond the date you’re allowed in the usa is the issue.

You are not far from the truth but also you can be stamped in 6 months or less stay and you spent 45 days instead of the 15 days you gave the custom and border officer and your renewal get denied.many of such cases are coming up in recent times.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
Jbab:

You are not far from the truth but also you can be stamped in 6 months or less stay and you spent 45 days instead of the 15 days you gave the custom and border officer and your renewal get denied.many of such cases are coming up in recent times.

When I wanted to renew my visa in 2019, I did dropbox in 2018 dec and got called for interview and attended this. A woman who was in front of my was called up to the window and was asked about her previous travels she answered and then she was asked how long will you stay this time she said two weeks then the officer said the last time you spent 3 months but you said two weeks and that was the end of the interview, it ended in a refusal for her and she had visited a lot of times prior to then from her responses.

Long and short it yes, staying long can impact your future renewals and also saying I’ll stay two weeks and going ahead to stay wayyy longer can also impact your visa although some people get lucky but for how long ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jbab: 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

When I wanted to renew my visa in 2019, I did dropbox in 2018 dec and got called for interview and attended this. A woman who was in front of my was called up to the window and was asked about her previous travels she answered and then she was asked how long will you stay this time she said two weeks then the officer said the last time you spent 3 months but you said two weeks and that was the end of the interview, it ended in a refusal for her and she had visited a lot of times prior to then from her responses.

Long and short it yes, staying long can impact your future renewals and also saying I’ll stay two weeks and going ahead to stay wayyy longer can also impact your visa although some people get lucky but for how long ?

That's my point, stay for two weeks if you tell them you are staying for two weeks or a month if you tell the border officer you are staying much longer. Don't change your holiday date if you plan to renew your visa. Many visitors to the US got their visa renewal denied in recent years due to this simple reason ,unlike pre-2018 when 5 months stay in the US is never an offence once you want to renew.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Techyking(m): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
I got my GC legally. I came as a student and a company sponsored me for a green card after I graduated. My wife just graduated and is currently on OPT. We haven't broken any immigration rules so far
Jbab:

My primary concern is how you get your GC in the US,did you travel through the visitor's route or the legal migration process in Nigeria? Many applicants in similar situations have their family members visa denied because their hosts got their GC through the visitor's visa while in the US. Be sure to let her know how you migrated to the US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Techyking(m): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
I got my GC legally through work sponsorship by a US company. My wife is currently doing her OPT
Mancala:

Not trying to be nosy or insinuate anything, but what is you and your spouses immigration status and how was it achieved? You don’t have to answer, just giving you something additional to consider that has come up in situations like this in the past.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Techyking(m): 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
Thank you fjk950ax
fkj950ax:

The challenge with scripted Q&As is when a question outside the script is asked (which is guaranteed), it throws the applicants off balance and the interview timeframe is so short, there is no time to recover and continue properly. VOs are said to study body languages, confidence level and voice frequency/patterns.

Rehearsing Q&As is good, but comes with a pitfall.

WRT your Q&A, I think its good and should serve its purpose.
Your dads surgery is also a good reason for your mom to return to Nigeria, but if the VO doesn't ask why she's applying alone, then that information is lost in translation. That info should be included compulsorily with the answer you have for How long do you intend to stay in the US question, which is a guaranteed question to be asked by the VO

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
Techyking:
We haven’t broken any immigration rules so far

Please don’t anytime down the line. wink wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by janda1: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Good afternoon sir/ma

I want to apply for USA tourist visa, how can I go about it

How much will it cost me , if I want to do it without agent involving in it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
janda1:
Good afternoon sir/ma

I want to apply for USA tourist visa, how can I go about it

How much will it cost me , if I want to do it without agent involving in it

Consider not using agents. It’s something you can do yourself. It’s free and you only pay your visa fees $185

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
Step 2
Pay visa fees (GTB online or walk into branch)
Step 3
Create an account here, www.ustraveldocs.com and use DS160 Confirmation Number and Visa Fees number to fill out profile. Then also book appointment here.

You will only see option of checking dates after Step 1 and 2 are completed.
There are no available dates. You’d have to be checking regularly. You will get something in 2024.

Please take your time to fill the DS160. Don’t rush. Use 3 days or more. Anything you aren’t clear about, ask.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by janda1: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2023
fkj950ax:

Consider not using agents. It’s something you can do yourself. It’s free and you only pay your visa fees $185

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
Step 2
Pay visa fees (GTB online or walk into branch)
Step 3
Create an account here, www.ustraveldocs.com and use DS160 Confirmation Number and Visa Fees number to fill out profile. Then also book appointment here.

You will only see option of checking dates after Step 1 and 2 are completed.
There are no available dates. You’d have to be checking regularly. You will get something in 2024.

Please take your time to fill the DS160. Don’t rush. Use 3 days or more. Anything you aren’t clear about, ask.

Thank you so much sir

Sir please can you assist me with your number in case if I have other questions to ask

Thanks once again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
janda1:

Thank you so much sir
Sir please can you assist me with your number in case if I have other questions to ask
Thanks once again

Just post here. I am not on WhatsApp and I live outside NG.

If you can, read as much as you can in this thread.

To get a visit visa approved requires convincing a VO you’d return after the visit and you can financially afford the trip.
You will return because you have a lot going on in Nigeria that is super important you don’t have to remain in the US despite the better opportunities. Good job. Family. Home. Business etc etc here are thriving
You are financially able because you earn enough and have a good savings to pay for the trip (visa fees, flight ticket, hotels, feeding, vex money, spend money, shopping money) without getting stranded.
You have a plan for the visit (what are you doing for the period while in the US). What are your plans for the vacation - places you are going to... etc

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Thank you.

quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=125458374]
No, it’s not a refusal. 221g is a pending status that either ends up in an issuance or a refusal and it ended up in an issuance so it’s not a refusal.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daviesmavis: 10:15am On Aug 31, 2023
Hello,

I'm here to seek your advise and recommendation

I'm going for a conference in US organized by my company which is slated for January 22, 2024 and I have all the required documents.

Considering the fact that there are no appointments till 2025, how do I proceed with this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 10:25am On Aug 31, 2023

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kriscamdi(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2023
deegalaxy:

The only genuine option you have is keep checking the site. Dates opens up from time to time. I saw September 24th 2023 and Jan 19th 2024 this morning...So keep checking. Emergency appointment is not granted for conference. So any advice you get aside this is fraud or the person is still going to do this normal checking and eat ur money for it.

I have been checking as well, but I only see 2024, the earliest I have seen is April 2024.. please can you write me on WhatsApp lor you can give me yours so we can be updated from time to time given the limited amount of time we can check the CGI portal for dates.. please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ollybee1234: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
teeeeee:

Hii, please can you send to me to please.
Can you send me a link also thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HALIMAHHHH: 3:28am On Sep 01, 2023
HALIMAHHHH:
Good morning.
Please I would like advice on this.
Is it a problem if someone applies for US visiting visa without her husband. She wants to visit her kids who are in school there and she feels it's a red flag if she and her husband don't apply together because her husband already applied and scheduled his interview for next year june without her. Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2023
Good morning house,
Please I need advice I’d like to know the procedure for extension of visa. My visa expires in 3 weeks and I’d like to return in December as my sister just had a baby and would require help with the baby.
I applied for drop box prior to my arrival but was told I didn’t qualify for drop box as my visa was still valid for more than 3 months.
Please any advice and recommendations would be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.