Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932110 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Benwems(m): 11:37am On Oct 16, 2023
flourishing247:

Your home ties is the major thing. You need to prove you will be back after the conference. So be very careful with your answers. Hopefully you don't have illegal japa in mind. Also hope your ds160 was filled with pure facts? If yes, you have nothing to worry about. Just try to stay calm and coherent. All the best

Declaring that my relative is in USA, does it work against me?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Benwems(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2023
Who knows which embassy In UK is easier to get USA visit visa? Belfast or london ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by femo86(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
Had my 2nd US Visa via dropbox (to attend a conference which i did not go due to unforeseen circumstances).

The Visa expires in March 2024, and I would like to visit my brother for 3 days, and come back to my country of resident.

Hope I wouldn't have a problem at the POE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by udy4real(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
Great day guys, please I intend attending my nieces wedding next year,my question is it advisable to state that I have two siblings in the US or just say I am going for a wedding of a friend?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2023
mercyp001:

Okay! Thanks.

Also check ant random times of the day , night and before dawn.
Embassy releases dates indiscriminately.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
fkj950ax:

To go to the US on holiday, you need a B1/B2 Visa.
To get a B1/B2 Visa, you need to follow the steps below

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
Step 2
Pay visa fees (GTB online or walk into branch or other banks***)

Step 3
Create an account here, www.ustraveldocs.com and use DS160 Confirmation Number and Visa Fees number to fill out profile. Then also book appointment here.

You will only see option of checking dates after Step 1 and 2 are completed.

Please take your time to fill the DS160. Don’t rush. Use 3 days or more.

To increase your chances of approval, be thorough in your DS160 info. Demonstrate that you have compelling reasons to leave the US after your vacation. Your mom sponsoring you 100% is good, but creates a room for doubt because she wont give you her life savings if you decide to elope, but you will become a charge on tax payers - benefits, working under the radar etc etc while trying to adjust status and get papers etc etc.

Hello,Good afternoon, Please before filling the ds 1 160 form,am i supposed to have booked for my flight and also the hotel I will be staying for the number of days in the u.s.a before hands or its when have gotten a date for my interview...
Why am asking is because, what if i book ahead for flight and hotel and don't get a closer date ,please how do I go about this ,since am supposed to show them the address that i will be staying over there which happen to be any hotel I will be booking and also flight ticket of going and coming....pls I need inputs on this... is it when I get a date for my interview that am supposed to book ?
I want to apply from the u.k to u.s.a.
Many thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
otedola1:
Good evening house, my appointment date is next month 8th but I never fill ds 160 form yet, because am goin for Tourist and I think the best thing hotel reservations.....because I don't have anything like conference or invitation

Pls what my chance for this Tourist, hope book hotel is best way for Tourist ?

Also looking for Free hotel cancelation, to complete my form

Advices pls
Hello ,Good afternoon, Please how did you get an appointment date without filling the ds 160 form,am about filling mine,wants to no.
We are in the same boat, I want to also book for hotel and flight ticket.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

Yes you can.

Once you start filling your form, you get a DS160 number and use it to get your interview date.

You do not need to submit before you get an appointment date.

I do this for my clients always.

Lovely response, please is there a place where I can save the initial spaces have filled when an ready to continue the rest unfilled part ?. Having a date will help me make the right choice of when I want to leave the country and also when to book for a reservation for an hotel and flight ?
Pls do you have idea in the site i can book for a flight ? Ahead.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
wilmafrancis:

Hello,Good afternoon, Please before filling the ds 1 160 form,am i supposed to have booked for my flight and also the hotel I will be staying for the number of days in the u.s.a before hands or its when have gotten a date for my interview...
Why am asking is because, what if i book ahead for flight and hotel and don't get a closer date ,please how do I go about this ,since am supposed to show them the address that i will be staying over there which happen to be any hotel I will be booking and also flight ticket of going and coming....pls I need inputs on this... is it when I get a date for my interview that am supposed to book ?
I want to apply from the u.k to u.s.a.
Many thanks

Booking from the UK is VERY different from booking from Nigeria.

I hope you're checking the embassy you looked for in filling the DS 160 is us embassy in the United Kingdom

From what I remember booking appointment for dates is by paid phone call not online.

There's no delay in getting dates in the UK Flight reservation and hotel bookings are not necessary. You should however know when you want to go and why. If you're a student then go to Intl students dept and get a letter confirming you're a student and the time you want to go on vacation. Also get bank statement to prove you can afford the trip'sbasic cost

Note that if you're in the UK as a visitor that is on a visit visa then you're ineligible.
If any other type of visa in the UK then yes you can apply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
wilmafrancis:

Lovely response, please is there a place where I can save the initial spaces have filled when an ready to continue the rest unfilled part ?. Having a date will help me make the right choice of when I want to leave the country and also when to book for a reservation for an hotel and flight ?
As I answered before you're applying from the UK, the process is different. Pls look for the guidelines for us embassy in the UK.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
Taal17:

Booking from the UK is VERY different from booking from Nigeria.

I hope you're checking the embassy you looked for in filling the DS 160 is us embassy in the United Kingdom

From what I remember booking appointment for dates is by paid phone call not online.

There's no delay in getting dates in the UK Flight reservation and hotel bookings are not necessary. You should however know when you want to go and why. If you're a student then go to Intl students dept and get a letter confirming you're a student and the time you want to go on vacation. Also get bank statement to prove you can afford the trip'sbasic cost

Note that if you're in the UK as a visitor that is on a visit visa then you're ineligible.
If any other type of visa in the UK then yes you can apply

Hello,thanks for you reply,am so greatful, Am not on a visitor visa.am based here ,am a dependant here in the u.k ,so I have my Residencial permit and I also work here.
I want to go at the ending of Nov and I no my why ?
Do you think I need to fill the ds 1 160 form before making the call to get a date for the interview ?
Many thanks
I just want to know how I can begin the process.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
Benwems:
Who knows which embassy In UK is easier to get USA visit visa? Belfast or london ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
wilmafrancis:

Hello,thanks for you reply,am so greatful, Am not on a visitor visa.am based here ,am a dependant here in the u.k ,so I have my Residencial permit and I also work here.
I want to go at the ending of Nov and I no my why ?
Do you think I need to fill the ds 1 160 form before making the call to get a date for the interview ?
Many thanks
I just want to know how I can begin the process.

I don't know
Start from the website, it would tell you the process if you just submit first before interview date.

There's no big deal really, even if your plans that is date changes just keep the reason for the visit the same.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Benwems(m): 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
wilmafrancis:

Thank you. I know it’s possible from Belfast or London but I was asking which of them have higher approval rate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2023
udy4real:
Great day guys, please I intend attending my nieces wedding next year,my question is it advisable to state that I have two siblings in the US or just say I am going for a wedding of a friend?
Thanks
When you’re filing your ds-160 form there’s a space to list your relatives.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by otedola1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
wilmafrancis:

Hello ,Good afternoon, Please how did you get an appointment date without filling the ds 160 form,am about filling mine,wants to no.
We are in the same boat, I want to also book for hotel and flight ticket.

My friend agent get it for me and his charges me for it

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyIE: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
Good day all. I am trying to renew my US visa as I am eligible for Dropbox. I have completed the DS-160 form and went to the portal to schedule a visa interview. I completed all required information and inputted my receipt number. After this was done, I got the next prompt which was “your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive your request once your request is approved “ I would like to know if this response is normal. Is it after approval I would be able to pick a date to drop off my passport?Also, how long do I have to wait before I can receive the email approval? I would appreciate your kind response. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
udy4real:
Thanks

You will be asked in the form. You better say yes!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2023
Benwems:

Declaring that my relative is in USA, does it work against me?

No it doesn't. They just want to know you have stronger ties that will bring you back to your resident country.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
LadyIE:
Good day all. I am trying to renew my US visa as I am eligible for Dropbox. I have completed the DS-160 form and went to the portal to schedule a visa interview. I completed all required information and inputted my receipt number. After this was done, I got the next prompt which was “your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive your request once your request is approved “ I would like to know if this response is normal. Is it after approval I would be able to pick a date to drop off my passport?Also, how long do I have to wait before I can receive the email approval? I would appreciate your kind response. Thanks
Yes that’s the modus operandi for now. You’ll be sent an email when it’s approved then you’ll proceed to choose a date to drop off your passport at the dhl office
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyIE: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
Thank you
Debbieeeeeee:

Yes that’s the modus operandi for now. You’ll be sent an email when it’s approved then you’ll proceed to choose a date to drop off your passport at the dhl office

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
Taal17:

I don't know
Start from the website, it would tell you the process if you just submit first before interview date.

There's no big deal really, even if your plans that is date changes just keep the reason for the visit the same.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
wilmafrancis:

When you exit the form application, that is you saving the form for the next time.

You do not need to book a flight for The US visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 11:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
Taal17:

I don't know

Hello,Good evening, have started filling the DS160 form, am at a part where am to put in the address of where I will be staying which will actually be an hotel but I have not booked yet cause I don't no the date my interview will be and I can't move to another part without filling that page,pls how do I go about it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by udy4real(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

When you’re filing your ds-160 form there’s a space to list your relatives.
For real?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by udy4real(m): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2023
flourishing247:

You will be asked in the form. You better say yes!!

Okay
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2023
wilmafrancis:

Hello,Good evening, have started filling the DS160 form, am at a part where am to put in the address of where I will be staying which will actually be an hotel but I have not booked yet cause I don't no the date my interview will be and I can't move to another part without filling that page,pls how do I go about it.

Get the address of the hotel you intend to use and write it there.
You do not have to book it though for now.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
wilmafrancis:

Take your application number and book your appointment first then you know your plan date for the hotel booking

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2023
Please I have been filling my DS form since yesterday. I can’t find where to input my ties like properties and kids and so on. Is there any at all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyIE: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2023
Good morning all. I paid for the visa fee using my GTB app. I would like to know if the receipt number is same as the Reference number? I inputted this number yesterday and I am still awaiting authorization to schedule a date for my passport renewal. I don’t know if I’m on the right path
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
udy4real:

For real?
cheesy have you started filing your ds-160 yet? When you begin you’ll see. Make sure you don’t misrepresent. Fill your form accurately and list your siblings in the usa as stated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
damkanlinsin:
Please I have been filling my DS form since yesterday. I can’t find where to input my ties like properties and kids and so on. Is there any at all
There’s no provision to input property or list your children in the form. You can only include other people in your form if you’re traveling with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: patani44 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.