Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926458 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammyzeal007(m): 5:27am On Oct 26, 2023
Good morning guys, I just applied for a visitor visa from uk, couldn’t get appointment date for Belfast … Can I still get appointment date for November or first week of December?
Or I should be checking… kindly enlighten me bosses on the forum … thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by julzz(f): 1:41pm On Oct 26, 2023
Summerbutterfly:
Hello, I’m asking on behalf of my mum
So she’s eligible for Dropbox but after the drop box they returned her passport with a letter saying she dnlf schedule an appointment for finger scanning under 221G.

Please how do we schedule this appointment? I’ve not seen anything to lead me to that. Is it a regular appointment?

I also did Dropbox and passport was returned with slip to schedule 221G, once I logged into the portal I clicked on schedule follow up appointment and date came up

Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2023
you can go with it and also with the new one
HotChoco2:
Hello,

I apologise for quoting this post. I can't remember how to compose a fresh post.

My daughter and I applied for a visiting visa last year and our interview date is January 2024. The problem is, the passports we used to apply have expired and we have renewed but i dont know how to update the new passport details on the application.

I would appreciate of someone can help with this.

Thank you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Summerbutterfly: 12:21am On Oct 27, 2023
[quote author=julzz post=126626477][/quote]

Thank you so much. Unfortunately her Marc receipt has expired so we’ll have to navigate the whole thing differently.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babyfaiz: 7:14am On Oct 27, 2023
If I may ask… what do you think you did differently from the other two times you were denied? Did you have the same travel history? Were you better composed this time? Did you explain better what you do and your job descriptions? Did you explain nicely your travel plans? You were definitely well prepared for this interview and you gave yourselves 99% chance. These interviews are straightforward for a visit visa. Have a good travel history for vacation, have a well paying job, be specific about your travel plans and make sure you don’t mention anyone/ anything that has to do with a US citizen (family or friends). Congrats!
Anonymous231023:
Hi Everyone, I started reading this thread about 2 months ago and the transcripts were extremely helpful, so I am going to share my transcript. Previously denied twice. Had our interview today US embassy Lagos (Family of 3). Transcript below

VO - Good Morning
Me - Good Morning
VO - What is the purpose of your trip to the US?
Me - We are planning to visit the United States for a Christmas family vacation. We would like to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Disney World Orlando. We would also be visiting Kennedy Space Center, Seaworld and Legoland.
VO- What do you do?
Me - I am the Group Chief Financial Officer of XXXX Group which comprises of XXXX and XXXX. I am responsible for all financial operations across both companies which include tax supervision, audit, budgeting, financial planning and capital raise either through banks or the debt capital market through bonds and commercial papers.
VO - She turns to my wife, and what about you m'aam, do you work?
My wife - Yes. I am a *she stated what she does
VO - Have you travelled together as a family?
Me - Yes. As a family of 3 we have gone on vacation to France, Netherland, Italy, Spain, UK, Dubai and Turkey. In addition, my wife and I have gone on vacation to Ghana, Morocco, Singapore and Mexico.
VO- How much do you earn?
Me - xxxxxxx exclusive of benefits which include my driver's salary, house rent, car maintenance etc. All of which are paid for by my company based on my position as a C-suite executive.
VO- How long will you be staying in the US?
Me- We plan to stay for 11 days from the 24th of December to the 3rd of January. After which we shall promptly return back to our respective jobs here in Nigeria
VO - M'aam on your form you stated you earn XXXX
My wife - Yes
VO- Typing for about 30 secs
VO- I am approving your visas
Us - Thank you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 8:29am On Oct 27, 2023
babyfaiz:
If I may ask… what do you think you did differently from the other two times you were denied? Did you have the same travel history? Were you better composed this time? Did you explain better what you do and your job descriptions? Did you explain nicely your travel plans? You were definitely well prepared for this interview and you gave yourselves 99% chance. These interviews are straightforward for a visit visa. Have a good travel history for vacation, have a well paying job, be specific about your travel plans and make sure you don’t mention anyone/ anything that has to do with a US citizen (family or friends). Congrats!

Hi, good day. Please why shouldn't one mention anything or anyone that has to be a US citizen? My dad's brother is a citizen and I'll be going for an exam in the US. I plan on staying with him for my short stay of less than one week in the US. I shouldn't mention this if I'm asked where I'll be staying?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babyfaiz: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2023
Well, you can. From experiences of people, it can sometimes complicate things . They’ll begin to ask you questions about the person - when last you saw him, is he a citizen? How did he get is citizenship? Is he the one sponsoring you? Most importantly, they think, with you having a US citizen relation, it can make it easy for you to immigrate. It’s always good to avoid that part if you can, otherwise be ready to defend whatever questions asked about the person. Note - I make this response not as a US visa expert but drawn from personal and other people’s experiences
DrHippocampus:

Hi, good day. Please why shouldn't one mention anything or anyone that has to be a US citizen? My dad's brother is a citizen and I'll be going for an exam in the US. I plan on staying with him for my short stay of less than one week in the US. I shouldn't mention this if I'm asked where I'll be staying?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
babyfaiz:
Well, you can. From experiences of people, it can sometimes complicate things . They’ll begin to ask you questions about the person - when last you saw him, is he a citizen? How did he get is citizenship? Is he the one sponsoring you? Most importantly, they think, with you having a US citizen relation, it can make it easy for you to immigrate. It’s always good to avoid that part if you can, otherwise be ready to defend whatever questions asked about the person. Note - I make this response not as a US visa expert but drawn

Well, from my knowledge…if the person got their citizenship through tourist visa and then decided to stay back and sort themselves, it may affect u going , as they feel he can coach u to go same route. (Just saying oo). Sometimes you can be lucky and they won’t even think towards that side.
from personal and other people’s experiences
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Viridis(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2023
Gina2526:
Please I need clarification on something
1.. I applied for visiting visa USA through an agent and she told me I have to go for medical and also get police something too,
2 . is there something like interview slots?? Where by they book your interview data closer for you. Has anyone pass this two process before or is it the normal process please. Am new here
Please how much does one need to start applying for the visiting visa to USA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FancyFace5(f): 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
Diamondroyal:

Are you on telegram, I know a telegram group that you can join where people post available dates.

Please how do I join the telegram group?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 12:12am On Oct 28, 2023
DrHippocampus:

In you DS160 there will be be staying. Just put the address. If it asks with who then put the details of who you're staying with.

If the question comes up in the interview answer plainly . He's your Uncle.
Just focus on providing answers to the purpose of your visit which you said is for an exam.
I think it's more important to focus on why the exam has to be done in-person and assure you will return. Where and who you stay with is not as important.

Be calm and relax.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TruthCorp: 4:15am On Oct 28, 2023
Good morning house,

Kindly advise, I applied for a b1/b2 visa to attend a sponsored conference with all sponsorship evidence intact but couldn’t get an interview date early enough to attend the conference. Is it still advisable to progress with my interview at a later date using the same DS160 especially as the conference happens every year at the same time?
I am asking because the sponsorship letter was dated this year and I would have attended as planned if not for the inability to get an interview date. However, I hope I can still do the interview and attend next year as the sponsorship would still be available?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2023
Viridis:

Please how much does one need to start applying for the visiting visa to USA

Before you apply just know interview date is 2025 ooo I have been looking for 2024 I didn’t see for the past a week now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obeleagu93(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please I want to know something o. All I have seen about pple getting their visas are mostly family pple with plenty travel history, does it mean:
1. If you don't have travel history the vo will deny visa?
2. Singles hardly get visas or the ones wey get no dey nairaland.
Omo am really scared o. I have an appointment on 20 something November, no travel history and I thought IV letter was important until I started following this thread here. Omo I need ideas and suggestions on a successful visa interview as am still scared o. If there is a telegram group for persons who have successfully passed theirs would boast morale as the comments so far, dey cut my mind like bet9ja ticket

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
Obeleagu93:
Please I want to know something o. All I have seen about pple getting their visas are mostly family pple with plenty travel history, does it mean:
Omo am really scared o. I have an appointment on 20 something November, no travel history and I thought IV letter was important until I started following this thread here. Omo I need ideas and suggestions on a successful visa interview as am still scared o. If there is a telegram group for persons who have successfully passed theirs would boast morale as the comments so far, dey cut my mind like bet9ja ticket
many people don’t share their interview here anymore unlike before many just go silent once they get the visa or denied unlike before

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wilmafrancis(f): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
Dammyzeal007:
Good morning guys, I just applied for a visitor visa from uk, couldn’t get appointment date for Belfast … Can I still get appointment date for November or first week of December?
Or I should be checking… kindly enlighten me bosses on the forum … thanks

Hello,please have you finally gotten a date ?am in the same situation with you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
Obeleagu93:

Don't be afraid. You have your reasons for your trip. Stick to it as long as it is not japa motivated. Answer your questions honestly to the best of your knowledge. Don't forget what you filled in your ds 160 form. Most of your questions will come from there.
Stay confident!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teminio: 8:29am On Oct 30, 2023
Good morning all
Thanks for the information on this platform
please help is needed.
GTBank reissue visa receipt was not sign, the original was misplaced.
Please is the reissue valid for presentation at embassy?
Thanks you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ifeuche: 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hello Everyone,

please I need your advice. My parents are planning to visit for my graduation (I'm an F1 student) in the USA. My dad's friend's son is also graduating in May 2024 close to my graduation date. On their DS160, they plan to use his (my dad's friend's) as the contact person in the USA since he's a PR holder and is more financially suited to host them and also since they would be going there first before coming to my state.

My questions are:
1. Is there any risk in doing this?
2. Does he need an invite from his friend or my school to take to the interview?
3. Has anyone (student preferably) had an experience of inviting parents for graduation, and did it go well?
4. Any other advice on this?

Thank you and i look forward to your responses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Viridis(m): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
damkanlinsin:

Before you apply just know interview date is 2025 ooo I have been looking for 2024 I didn’t see for the past a week now
Nawa o what could be the problem and nah B1 I wan apply I wonder if I have chance at all with all the negative reviews am seeing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dodo08: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hi guys,

SO my mom was denied her visa today at the Lagos consulate. Her reason to visit the US is to attend my graduation in December. I She was only asked two questions, what she does and how much she earns.
She is a business woman and in her ds160, it was filled that she earns #500,000. So she answered that she makes a minimum of #500,000 in a month and sales may go as high as #1million in some months.
The VO asked her about her income twice and told her she's not capable to visit with that amount and gave her a blue paper.
I really want her to attend my graduation guys, please I'll appreciate if anyone can propose a solution that can increase her chance if she was to reapply before December.
Thankyou.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
Give us a background of her travel.
Dodo08:
Hi guys,

SO my mom was denied her visa today at the Lagos consulate. Her reason to visit the US is to attend my graduation in December. I She was only asked two questions, what she does and how much she earns.
She is a business woman and in her ds160, it was filled that she earns #500,000. So she answered that she makes a minimum of #500,000 in a month and sales may go as high as #1million in some months.
The VO asked her about her income twice and told her she's not capable to visit with that amount and gave her a blue paper.
I really want her to attend my graduation guys, please I'll appreciate if anyone can propose a solution that can increase her chance if she was to reapply before December.
Thankyou.
first timer or frequent traveler.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
Please I know visa fee last a year. What happened to does of us with appointments date later than the expired visa fee are we paying another one or why
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dodo08: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
hunee:
Give us a background of her travel.
first timer or frequent traveler.

She is a frequent traveler. she has been to the UK, Dubai, Austria and Paris in the past. But she was not even asked about this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2023
These things happen. However, you need to do an overview with your mum again on questions asked. Something somewhere didnt go well.
Dodo08:

She is a frequent traveler. she has been to the UK, Dubai, Austria and Paris in the past. But she was not even asked about this.
Wishing you luck in subsequent interviews.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dodo08: 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2023
hunee:
These things happen. However, you need to do an overview with your mum again on questions asked. Something somewhere didnt go well.
Wishing you luck in subsequent interviews.

Thank you. I am thinking #500,000 may be too small and maybe she can reapply again with a co-sponsor that is a relative.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Dodo08:

Thank you. I am thinking #500,000 may be too small and maybe she can reapply again with a co-sponsor that is a relative.
Like i said, money was not the issue neither was the travel history because if we were to judge, she had a good case. unfortunately, interviewers cover other areas for visa judgement. You may need to talk to her and try again. No pressures.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Dodo08:

How did you travel? Student visa?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:27am On Oct 31, 2023
Ifeuche:
Hello Everyone,

please I need your advice. My parents are planning to visit for my graduation (I'm an F1 student) in the USA. My dad's friend's son is also graduating in May 2024 close to my graduation date. On their DS160, they plan to use his (my dad's friend's) as the contact person in the USA since he's a PR holder and is more financially suited to host them and also since they would be going there first before coming to my state.

My questions are:
2. Does he need an invite from his friend or my school to take to the interview?
3. Has anyone (student preferably) had an experience of inviting parents for graduation, and did it go well?

I would advise they use you their son as the one whose graduation they are coming for.

Reasonable IMO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dodo08: 4:46am On Oct 31, 2023
flourishing247:

How did you travel? Student visa?

yes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lamabel: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I need your opinion, especially visa gurus in the house. My parents were recently denied their visit visa to come for my graduation in the US.
To put it in context,
My dad has not traveled before; however, my mum has been to the US three times, but her visa expired in 2018, so she could not do Dropbox again. She has applied again twice (alone), and this recent denial with my dad is the third one.
She used 179 days during her second visit to the US, and I think that is why they kept denying her because they always asked what she was doing for that long all three times, she was denied.

I want to apply for them again next year and was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve their chances.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ifeuche:
Hello Everyone,

My questions are:

Put what you said
Invitation letter is not relevant
That being said ..your graduation i s the reason for the visit so details of your graduation would be important.
Your dad's friend is where they will stay for the visit.
What is important is your parents ties to Nigeria. What will make them return back to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.