Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926365 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:54pm On Jan 31
tboks:
Hello guys, my parents went for their visa interview today and were told that it was rescheduled to Jan 26th, meaning they missed it. Can someone tell me what step I can take? Can I still reschedule it? Thanks.

Call the embassy.. How come you were not checking their email?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vinci500: 9:57am On Feb 01
This is brilliant, thank you so much for the tips. Really appreciate it.
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1 Your sister's previous visa denials was based on the point that she did not really have anything meaningful going to do in America and besides , she was going to visit someone who has not really gained ground in the USA.

2. Now that you have become a Permanent Resident , invite your sister (blood relation first) and kid alone and remove the husband out of the movie . Indicate yourself as the main sponsor and be honest in every form you 're filling that you just missed your sister over the period of 6 years .

3. Your sister's husband in Nigeria as well as her job back home will proof TIES (reason for return ) for her .

4. Go n get the MRV (visa fees) for them and book their Appointments right now , no one can guarantee timeframe but with constant checking she might get a date perhaps in the year 2024. Applying for the emergency Appointment is the surest avenue to get your desired date but your sister won't qualify . Her option is to join the date-search bandwagon

Best Wishes 🙏

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 10:20am On Feb 01

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Finelolo: 5:41pm On Feb 01
How do I book a room with free cancellation in USA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 5:56pm On Feb 01
For the visa application? If yes, it’s not required.
Finelolo:
How do I book a room with free cancellation in USA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimiMaya: 7:28pm On Feb 01
sethtsadopp:

Please this calmness thing, I want to know what exactly you guys mean by calm. Is it to be bodily relaxed (not tensed), or to be smiling sheepishly (make person no go smile too much again), or how. Does it have to do with how I sit on the chair (leaning back/forward) etc. Just try and describe yourself in a calm manner lemme see grin

Its the first actually. Just try not to be nervous cz if you’re nervous its as if you have something to hide. I know its not easy sha but deep breaths before its your turn helps to calm the nerves
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hotflower(f): 8:24pm On Feb 01
Good Afternoon @Justwise and everyone.
Please I want to invite my cousin/aunty from Nigeria to visit me for the first time in the US. Can she add in her application that I am her sponsor, or would it be better if she states that she will sponsor herself ?
Also her scheduled appointment in February 2024 at the US embassy was cancelled today,
I don't know how to post a question on this forum. This is the reason why I am posting my question as reply to someone else's topic/question.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 8:52pm On Feb 01
Greetings all, pls i need an advise from the house...

Is it possible to add my spouse to my already existing US visa appointment when I update my info.

I have a family appointment already which includes all my kids but my husband was not included due to his busy schedules on the intended date of travel last year but we did not get a date until this year. Is it possible to add him now?

Pls help it's urgent.

Thank you for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:33pm On Feb 01
Hotflower:
Please I want to invite my cousin/aunty from Nigeria to visit me for the first time in the US. Can she add in her application that I am her sponsor, or would it be better if she states that she will sponsor herself ?
Also her scheduled appointment in February 2024 at the US embassy was cancelled today,
I don't know how to post a question on this forum. This is the reason why I am posting my question as reply to someone else's topic/question.

Hey 🤠

It seems @justwise is busy but let me try because your question doesn't point to any direction .

1. You can easily invite someone to visit you in the USA if you have a valid residency card or a citizen , the other avenues you can use to invite someone is on a graduation , wedding , naming or burial ceremony.

2. If the above is settled , and we assume that you are a Permanent Resident who works and pay taxes in America, then it's better she state you as the sponsor and you should be ready to proof your financial ability to the embassy in Nigeria , while she should be ready to proof ties (what will make her return to Nigeria ) to the same embassy.

3. Let her reschedule her appointment that was cancelled but she must have a very good and reasonable reason for visiting you.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:44pm On Feb 01
Hotflower:

Can your aunt sponsor herself comfortably without your financial input?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hotflower(f): 1:14am On Feb 02
Yes she can. However, it is better to pay for the flight ticket from the US, than paying from Nigeria in this current situation. I was also thinking that inviting someone to visit and if that person stays with me, means that I am sponsoring or partially sponsoring the trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:23am On Feb 02
Hotflower:
Yes she can. However, it is better to pay for the flight ticket from the US, than paying from Nigeria in this current situation. I was also thinking that inviting someone to visit and if that person stays with me, means that I am sponsoring or partially sponsoring the trip.

Hey 🤠

You should have narrated your state (situation ) to @justwise in order for him to answer your question directly because you actually called him out in your question , now you have answered the question (possibly wrongly) yourself . That was why i wrote that your question did not point to any direction .

1. Now , to correct one notion (because of others ) , paying your sister's flight ticket does not mean that you 're the sponsor , you can pay flight ticket just as a "gift". She has to indicate you as her sponsor in all necessary forms (ds-160) and also tell the same to the consular verbally .

2. That aside , not everyone inviting someone to the US can claim sponsor , ie a student graduating from a college cannot claim sponsor when inviting his or her friends or families. A car dealer or other businessman or women cannot claim sponsor when inviting someone to come and inspect goods because their transactions may eventually not work out .

3. If you are not a permanent resident in the United States , and you are not working and paying taxes don't state yourself as sponsor . Except in the case you married an American or a permanent resident . Your own entry (how you entered the USA) history also matters in deciding your invitee 's faith .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:36am On Feb 02
kezzy09:
Greetings all, pls i need an advise from the house...

Is it possible to add my spouse to my already existing US visa appointment when I update my info.

I have a family appointment already which includes all my kids but my husband was not included due to his busy schedules on the intended date of travel last year but we did not get a date until this year. Is it possible to add him now?

Pls help it's urgent.

Thank you for your response.

Hey 🤠

If you have created a family CGI profile , then there should be a clickable option where you can Add or Remove a family member .

If this option is not in your CGI profile then you may have to cancel your present appointment and start all over by creating a family CGI profile and update all DS 160s . Call the CGI helping before taking any decision .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Feb 02
Hotflower:

Ok fine, yes paying for her flight from US is not a bad idea considering the naira situation.

The most important thing here is for her to demonstrate that she has a strong ties to Nigeria, that she has a good source of income that can afford her foreign holiday. You paying for her ticket or accommodation is added advantage.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sethtsadopp: 9:37am On Feb 02
Hello. My interview is in 10 days time. Because I run a turn over kind of business. Sometimes by bank account balance can be high, sometimes it can be low depending on when I place order for goods or when I sell. I currently have about 9 million in my account. Can I print by statement like today that there is money there cos I don't know if by the time it's a day to interview, my balance can be 2 million or 3 million and they will think that's all I have. Will they want to see statement that was printed like a day before? Or statement that was printed 10 days before is still fine?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 9:42am On Feb 02
sethtsadopp:
Hello. My interview is in 10 days time. Because I run a turn over kind of business. Sometimes by bank account balance can be high, sometimes it can be low depending on when I place order for goods or when I sell. I currently have about 9 million in my account. Can I print by statement like today that there is money there cos I don't know if by the time it's a day to interview, my balance can be 2 million or 3 million and they will think that's all I have. Will they want to see statement that was printed like a day before? Or statement that was printed 10 days before is still fine?
Unless you are a student or going for medical treatment, no one will check your statement of account. Don’t even bother printing it.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sethtsadopp: 9:44am On Feb 02
helpee:
Unless you are a student or going for medical treatment, no one will check your statement of account. Don’t even bother printing it.

Thanks very much. Cos my 1 month bank statement alone sometimes can be like 25 - 35 pages which VO can't go through.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyCaplin: 10:21am On Feb 02
I wish you Gods favour in your upcoming interview. Dont forget to update us on how it went.

All the best!

quote author=sethtsadopp post=128247558]Hello. My interview is in 10 days time. Because I run a turn over kind of business. Sometimes by bank account balance can be high, sometimes it can be low depending on when I place order for goods or when I sell. I currently have about 9 million in my account. Can I print by statement like today that there is money there cos I don't know if by the time it's a day to interview, my balance can be 2 million or 3 million and they will think that's all I have. Will they want to see statement that was printed like a day before? Or statement that was printed 10 days before is still fine? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by beautyuche: 1:22pm On Feb 02
Good afternoon Guru in the house.

My present visa will expire in a few months I plan to travel before then. However, I also intend to book ahead for renewal via drop box. The issue is my previous passport has a different surname from what I have now.
Am I eligible for a Dropbox or physical interview? How does Dropbox work now for Someone who is not in Abuja or Lagos are we to submit to DHL in our state or arrive at the location to submit?

Please help me with clarification.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:30pm On Feb 02
beautyuche:
Good afternoon Guru in the house.

My present visa will expire in a few months I plan to travel before then. However, I also intend to book ahead for renewal via drop box. The issue is my previous passport has a different surname from what I have now.
Am I eligible for a Dropbox or physical interview? How does Dropbox work now for Someone who is not in Abuja or Lagos are we to submit to DHL in our state or arrive at the location to submit?

Please help me with clarification.
Your old passport number reflects on the new one if you look at the biodata so different names don’t matter and also let it reflect in your ds-160 in the section they ask if you’ve borne other names.
When you try to schedule the appointment just follow the question prompts and answer them it’ll tell your eligibility.

Dropbox you’ll go to dhl to submit your passport on the date of your appointment.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by beautyuche: 2:18pm On Feb 02
Thank you for your prompt response. Do we have Dropbox dates faster than the regular appointment date? If dates are easy to get can I apply with my new passport while holding on to the old one( Already bought my ticket)?

Thanks You

Debbieeeeeee:

Your old passport number reflects on the new one if you look at the biodata so different names don’t matter and also let it reflect in your ds-160 in the section where they ask if you’ve borne other names.
When you try to schedule the appointment just follow the question prompts and answer them it’ll tell your eligibility.

Dropbox you’ll go to dhl to submit your passport on the date of your appointment.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by studyless123: 2:45pm On Feb 02
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

You should have narrated your state (situation ) to @justwise in order for him to answer your question directly because you actually called him out in your question , now you have answered the question (possibly wrongly) yourself . That was why i wrote that your question did not point to any direction .

1. Now , to correct one notion (because of others ) , paying your sister's flight ticket does not mean that you 're the sponsor , you can pay flight ticket just as a "gift". She has to indicate you as her sponsor in all necessary forms (ds-160) and also tell the same to the consular verbally .

2. That aside , not everyone inviting someone to the US can claim sponsor , ie a student graduating from a college cannot claim sponsor when inviting his or her friends or families. A car dealer or other businessman or women cannot claim sponsor when inviting someone to come and inspect goods because their transactions may eventually not work out .

3. If you are not a permanent resident in the United States , and you are not working and paying taxes don't state yourself as sponsor . Except in the case you married an American or a permanent resident . Your own entry (how you entered the USA) history also matters in deciding your invitee 's faith .

Best Wishes 🙏

Anyone or organization can actually sponsor others for a visiting visa. You don't need to be a USC or PR or even living in the US. The most important thing is what are you going there to do and your status.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02
studyless123:

Anyone or organization can actually sponsor others for a visiting visa. You don't need to be a USC or PR or even living in the US. The most important thing is what are you going there to do and your status.

Hey 🤠

Is this comment for fun or real ? And nobody has seen this as misinformation ?

1. Any one (a fresh graduate can sponsor his friends or family to attend graduation ..where did he or she gets the money ? ). The op is an individual , we are not talking about organisation and not just any organisation can sponsor you.

2. You don't need to be a PR or living in the US before you can sponsor someone but the op lives in the US and wants to invite a cousin , if her visa is expired or she is living illegally can she invite her cousin ?

3. The most important thing is what are you going there to do and your status ( whose status ? The status of the person visiting from Nigeria or the status of the person living in the US ? You re just contradicting yourself , this is the real misinformation.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:44pm On Feb 02
sethtsadopp:

Thanks very much. Cos my 1 month bank statement alone sometimes can be like 25 - 35 pages which VO can't go through.

Hey 🤠

I got you . Bank statement is what constitute the larger part of most visa supporting documents and you are allowed to submit or bring it in even if the bank statement contain one wheel barrow 😊

For US embassy , the consular most time quickly glance through the 1st , 2nd to the last and last pages , and follows the inflow , outflow and balance . He or she won't check the whole pages .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sethtsadopp: 4:05pm On Feb 02
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Print the appropriate bank statement and take it along to your interview . Aside of the figure you wrote in your DS 160 the major document to proof your financial ability is the bank statement or payment slip or sponsor 's letter .

What if the Consular officer ask you ' how will you proof to me that you have enough funds to cover your trip or can i see your evidence of funds ?

Still print the appropriate bank statement with required funds and take it along as support Documents, either the VO ask for it or not. Be on a safer side .

Best Wishes 🙏

I think this makes sense. Pata Pata 2k to print.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:05pm On Feb 02
beautyuche:
Thank you for your prompt response. Do we have Dropbox dates faster than the regular appointment date? If dates are easy to get can I apply with my new passport while holding on to the old one( Already bought my ticket)?

Thanks You

Regarding the timeline I think it’s only a few months away compared to regular interview dates of 2025. When I renewed in July 2023 it was a three week thing from start to finish, it’s slightly longer right now but at least not as bad as regular interview dates.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by studyless123: 4:08pm On Feb 02
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Is this comment for fun or real ? And nobody has seen this as misinformation ?

1. Any one (a fresh graduate can sponsor his friends or family to attend graduation ..where did he or she gets the money ? ). The op is an individual , we are not talking about organisation and not just any organisation can sponsor you.

2. You don't need to be a PR or living in the US before you can sponsor someone but the op lives in the US and wants to invite a cousin , if her visa is expired or she is living illegally can she invite her cousin ?

3. The most important thing is what are you going there to do and your status ( whose status ? The status of the person visiting from Nigeria or the status of the person living in the US ? You re just contradicting yourself , this is the real misinformation.

Best Wishes 🙏

Read my post again. You're mixing things up and not conversant with the process.
Sponsorship is different from invitation. Technically, there's nothing like sponsorship wrt visiting visas. The use of sponsorship refers to who's paying for the trip and I restate that anyone can sponsor another. There's a column for that on the DS-160. It's either yourself, someone else or an organization. The Invitee may or may or may not be the sponsor but that's irrelevant in the application process.

The other issue is Invitation (what you're going to do) and any legal resident can invite anyone. E.g. My brother was not a PR/USC when he invited me for his graduation event. My cousin was not a PR/USC when he invited me for a event. So you're the one misinforming the public.
Like I earlier stated the most important aspects of the application are what you're going to do and your status.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:02pm On Feb 02
beautyuche:
If dates are easy to get can I apply with my new passport while holding on to the old one( Already bought my ticket)?
Just plan your trip to be back in-country before the date you need to drop off at DHL for the application. You wont need to drop the old one at the drop off.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02
studyless123:

Read my post again. You're mixing things up and not conversant with the process.
Sponsorship is different from invitation. Technically, there's nothing like sponsorship wrt visiting visas. The use of sponsorship refers to who's paying for the trip and I restate that anyone can sponsor another. There's a column for that on the DS-160. It's either yourself, someone else or an organization. The Invitee may or may or may not be the sponsor but that's irrelevant in the application process.

The other issue is Invitation (what you're going to do) and any legal resident can invite anyone. E.g. My brother was not a PR/USC when he invited me for his graduation event. My cousin was not a PR/USC when he invited me for a event. So you're the one misinforming the public.
Like I earlier stated the most important aspects of the application are what you're going to do and your status.

Hey 🤠

My fellow Nairalander , we are both doing a voluntary work or job and we still have to gain from one another . For the sake of others who may not know ... In the DS 160 section or if the visa officer says ..Who is paying for your trip ? Or who is covering your trip ?

1. Its a tricky question , most people thinks because trip means a short journey or travel , therefore it means who is paying for your flight ticket or air fare . NO !

*** It means Who is your sponsor ?

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:45pm On Feb 02
sethtsadopp:

I think this makes sense. Pata Pata 2k to print.

Hey 🤠

I got you . Bank statement is what constitute the larger part of most visa supporting documents and you are allowed to submit or bring it in even if the bank statement contain one wheel barrow 😊

For US embassy , the consular officer most time quickly glance through the 1st , 2nd to the last and last pages , and follows the inflow , outflow and deposit balances . He or she won't check the whole pages because there is no time .

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: dammi(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.