Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926068 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 9:24pm On Feb 05
Lagos, i guess
Ruby56:
Update guys.. my mum’s visa was denied 😢😢😢. Just gave her 214b blue paper. These ppl are wicked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 9:39pm On Feb 05
Oh, I’m sorry!

What did they ask her?

Ruby56:
Update guys.. my mum’s visa was denied 😢😢😢. Just gave her 214b blue paper. These ppl are wicked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:00pm On Feb 05
Ruby56:
Sorry about this. Can you ask her to maybe share a few questions she was asked? Did she get a translator or was she interviewed in English language?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by biggybanking: 10:03pm On Feb 05
Submitted mine on the 29th
Application recieved 30th
Application approved 2nd
Visa issued 5th
[Qquote author=Theosodom2ky post=128133644]

Still on application received for 3 weeks[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 10:05pm On Feb 05
ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by alickic(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05
Good evening. My sister visa was approved last week. And she hot a text message this morning that her passport is ready for collection. She picked akure as the location for document delivery. The issue now is that we don't know if the passport is akure or in any of the three location in Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 10:30pm On Feb 05
On the page where she schedule her interview, where did she select has her collection location?

alickic:
Good evening. My sister visa was approved last week. And she hot a text message this morning that her passport is ready for collection. She picked akure as the location for document delivery. The issue now is that we don't know if the passport is akure or in any of the three location in Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by alickic(m): 10:35pm On Feb 05
BlessedABee:
On the page where she schedule her interview, where did she select has her collection location?

Akure
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 1:13am On Feb 06
hunee:
Lagos, i guess
Yes it’s Lagos,😭😭😭😭😭
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 1:16am On Feb 06
BlessedABee:
Oh, I’m sorry!

What did they ask her?

She said she was asked only 3 questions. Where she is going to, the address she is going to and if she has travelled before.. dats all.. she said almost everyone came out with blue paper. Her time was for 11am. I feel so heartbroken and my mum is even crying, I am crying too. I don’t know what else to do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 1:17am On Feb 06
Debbieeeeeee:

Sorry about this. Can you ask her to maybe share a few questions she was asked? Did she get a translator or was she interviewed in English language?
Hi Debbie pls check my reply above.. she was asked in English
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 1:22am On Feb 06
Pls what does it mean when it says passport still with US embassy but already denies the visa, and how soon can I reapply and what things to do to improve chances

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:25am On Feb 06
OyoTunjiUSA:
Hey 🤠
when you get to the US try and use the opportunity and apply for a job
can apply through other visas and convert to permanent resident legally.

Can I get B1/B2 visa and then travel to the US in order to look for employment and take a job? No

The USCIS Tweet (below) people are using to justify this wasn't issued for B1/B2 Applicants. Its an option for non-immigrants workers who got terminated (not everybody) and are in between looking for another job
The full info can be found here https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/information-for-employers-and-employees/options-for-nonimmigrant-workers-following-termination-of-employment

There are other avenues for getting resident permit, but they are EXPENSIVE and most people cannot afford it. The bulk of people on B1/B2 trying to hustle conference and marriage as reason for going to the US cannot afford it.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not asking people to stay in Nigeria, but when you are on your immigration journey, be well informed and advised so you don't get stuck.

The EASIEST and CHEAPEST way to get to the US is visit visa.
90% of stay-back visa holders can only adjust by sham marriages (with implications to existing spouse+children in Nigeria), which single applicants don't go through, they are less likely to be approved (family ties) in the first place.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 2:31am On Feb 06
Why so fast re applying? Please let mama rest and try again some months time or you want to just book space abi?
Ruby56:
Pls what does it mean when it says passport still with US embassy but already denies the visa, and how soon can I reapply and what things to do to improve chances
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 2:35am On Feb 06
hunee:
Why so fast re applying? Please let mama rest and try again some months time or you want to just book space abi?
Yes I want to book it ahead because there is no early date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 2:39am On Feb 06
Ok, not a bad idea. Please carry and maybe you can post mama's transcript here so we can advise further for subsequent
Ruby56:

Yes I want to book it ahead because there is no early date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 2:47am On Feb 06
Lagos be running wild lately, wahali. I confirmed this
Ruby56:

Yes it’s Lagos,😭😭😭😭😭
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 3:02am On Feb 06
hunee:
Lagos be running wild lately, wahali. I confirmed this
Do you advise to reapply ASAP? Or I must wait for months?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 4:32am On Feb 06
I’m so sorry. Visa rejection is very pain, more painful when you have a legitimate reason.

Let her try again. May she be granted

Ruby56:

She said she was asked only 3 questions. Where she is going to, the address she is going to and if she has travelled before.. dats all.. she said almost everyone came out with blue paper. Her time was for 11am. I feel so heartbroken and my mum is even crying, I am crying too. I don’t know what else to do

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 4:35am On Feb 06
It should be in Akure( my assumption is that the passport will be mailed to her)

If she doesn’t get it after 5 days , she can call the embassy.

alickic:

Akure
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:48am On Feb 06
Ruby56:

If you are a citizen then file for her immediately. She will be with you in one year. Please don't stress her with another visa appointment.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 9:36am On Feb 06
Wait for years for appointment then in 2mins, you get a blue paper. Don't do lagos for her, use Abuja. Also, what is your status in the us? Perhaps, we can suggest a quicker plan
Ruby56:

Pele dear. Everything will be fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:39pm On Feb 06
Ruby56:

Hey 🤠

That section is automatically programmed on the eve or early morning of the day of Mama's interview because if her interview was successful, the embassy would have kept her passport for visa process , so forget about that , it will disappear itself .

You can reapply for Mama as soon as possible , all you have to do is to pay the MRV and work on previous mistakes . You have a good profile in the United States , and getting our parents should not be a stress because our parents cannot easily commit crime in America, and even the Consular s knows that 75% of African parents , i meant typical Africans would not really want to stay in the United States .

1. If Mama is literate , work on her answers style because most of our parents thinks that getting visa to visit their sons or daughters is automatic and they answer the VO in a command ways. Some of our mom should be a little friendly .

2. If Mama cannot correspond in English , work on her interpreter , and if Mama was not allowed to go with interpreter , then teach Mama how to demonstrate emotionally so that the VO will denote her real intentions .

3. Put yourself as the sole sponsor and get all necessary documents for Mama. Work on the person who filled the DS 160 because that is what will %95 speak for Mama that day.

*** Lastly , let your momsy dress like real Mama Africa because some of our parents (especially the literate ones) may over dress and those little nuances are what they trained the VOs for.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HeyS: 2:12pm On Feb 06
biggybanking:
Application approved 2nd
Visa issued 5th

Still on application received for 3 weeks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HeyS: 2:13pm On Feb 06
when did you submit? January ?

biggybanking:
Application approved 2nd
Visa issued 5th

Still on application received for 3 weeks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HeyS: 2:22pm On Feb 06
Hello, have you gotten your passport back?

Is there anyone who submitted drop box renewal and has not pick up in about 4 weeks?

lexy2lexy:
Is there anyone who submitted drop box renewal and didn’t or hasn’t heard back in over 2 weeks?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by biggybanking: 2:29pm On Feb 06
Yes! January 30th
HeyS:
when did you submit? January ?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HeyS: 2:46pm On Feb 06
Lagos ?

biggybanking:
Yes! January 30th
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 3:31pm On Feb 06
BlessedABee:
I’m so sorry. Visa rejection is very pain, more painful when you have a legitimate reason.

Let her try again. May she be granted

Very painful. I applied last year and been waiting just to get this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 3:32pm On Feb 06
flourishing247:

If you are a citizen then file for her immediately. She will be with you in one year. Please don't stress her with another visa appointment.
I am not yet a citizen, but a LPR married to a citizen..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 3:33pm On Feb 06
hunee:
Wait for years for appointment then in 2mins, you get a blue paper. Don't do lagos for her, use Abuja. Also, what is your status in the us? Perhaps, we can suggest a quicker plan
Pele dear. Everything will be fine.
I am Legal permanent resident.
I should fill out a new ds 160 form and put Abuja right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 3:35pm On Feb 06
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

That section is automatically programmed on the eve or early morning of the day of Mama's interview because if her interview was successful, the embassy would have kept her passport for visa process , so forget about that , it will disappear itself .

You can reapply for Mama as soon as possible , all you have to do is to pay the MRV and work on previous mistakes . You have a good profile in the United States , and getting our parents should not be a stress because our parents cannot easily commit crime in America, and even the Consular s knows that 75% of African parents , i meant typical Africans would not really want to stay in the United States .

1. If Mama is literate , work on her answers style because most of our parents thinks that getting visa to visit their sons or daughters is automatic and they answer the VO in a command ways. Some of our mom should be a little friendly .

2. If Mama cannot correspond in English , work on her interpreter , and if Mama was not allowed to go with interpreter , then teach Mama how to demonstrate emotionally so that the VO will denote her real intentions .

3. Put yourself as the sole sponsor and get all necessary documents for Mama. Work on the person who filled the DS 160 because that is what will %95 speak for Mama that day.

*** Lastly , let your momsy dress like real Mama Africa because some of our parents (especially the literate ones) may over dress and those little nuances are what they trained the VOs for.

Best Wishes 🙏
I filled the ds 160 myself. My mum is retired and I also put she is retired but also put the places she has worked. Do you think being retired caused this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.