Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (925958 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26
Bigolly:
Pls does a person reapplying needs to update her profile with the new ds 160 code? I followed my friend to her appointment last Friday, but she was not interviewed because they said the ds 160 code and appointment code does not correspond. They said she should have updated her profile with the new ds 160 code 72 hours before her appointment but she never knew she had to do that. Now she needs to buy another visa fee

Hey 🤠

1. It's a pity that it happened to the innocent lady . Login to her cgi profile , i think she should be able to reschedule within 24rs (not certain).

2. I have contested it with some people on Nairaland who usually says " Don't worry , The embassy will Update it because my sister did it yesterday. I labelled one of them " A Lazy Adviser ...

3. What is worth doing is worth doing well. Every USA visa applicant must be certain that the DS 160 slip (confirmation number) he or she is taking to the embassy tallies with the Visa Appointment slip (should be the same ds 160 number written on it ).

4. Let the general public be aware if the number 1 above reflects in her cgi profile . They say " Every disappointment is a blessing .

5. Yes . She must update her DS 160 via her cgi profile 3 days before her interview and print out a new visa appointment letter in the 3rd day, so that the new printed appointment letter will reflect the updated ds 160 automatically .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:23pm On Mar 26
OyoTunjiUSA:

[/b]
Hey 🤠

1. It's a pity that it happened to the innocent lady . Login to her cgi profile , i think she should be able to reschedule within 24rs (not certain).

[b]I have contested it with some people on Nairaland who usually says " Don't worry , The embassy will Update it because my sister did it yesterday. I labelled one of them " A Lazy Adviser ...

3. What is worth doing is worth doing well. Every USA visa applicant must be certain that the DS 160 slip (confirmation number) he or she is taking to the embassy tallies with the Visa Appointment slip (should be the same ds 160 number written on it ).

4. Let the general public be aware if the number 1 above reflects in her cgi profile . They say " Every disappointment is a blessing .

5. Yes . She must update her DS 160 via her cgi profile 3 days before her interview and print out a new visa appointment letter in the 3rd day, so that the new printed appointment letter will reflect the updated ds 160 automatically .

Best Wishes 🙏

Just drop your advice and stop stirring up unnecessary drama, people dey look you no mean say dem no know wetin dey wan talk. What the hell is lazy adviser so it’s your own advise that is not lazy.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bobority: 2:32pm On Mar 26
Hello everyone…is anyone in either of these groups or knows the admin that can add someone…it says both groups are private. Please help TIA

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bigolly(m): 2:56pm On Mar 26
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

2. I have contested it with some people on Nairaland who usually says " Don't worry , The embassy will Update it because my sister did it yesterday. I labelled one of them " A Lazy Adviser ...

Best Wishes 🙏

Thanks.

is unfortunate that US embassy are still using 1800/dollar exchange rate for visa fee when dollar has since come down
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:29pm On Mar 26
kolaa007:
Please what are you expected to go with for USA interview in Lagos Nigeria ?

This is urgent

I HV interview tomorrow morning for b1/b2

Visiting
bro
Update?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26
Bigolly:
isunfortunate that US embassy are still using 1800/dollar exchange rate for visa fee when dollar has since come down
No it hasn't. CBN and AsoRock are artificially forcing the FX rate down. Until we have a good and sustained uptrend in exports, (and maybe downtick in imports) we would not have lower FX rates. All these intervention by AsoRock and CBN are artificial and not market forces. It will bottom out in the next months.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olaoluwa83: 8:01pm On Mar 26
writetopoker:

Please add me. 0814.2761.015
Please someone should ads me too 0816.46.78748.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sylph22: 9:43pm On Mar 26
Please if there is a group for checking Dropbox appointment dates, I would greatly appreciated being added there. WhatsApp, Telegram etc. Let me know what info I need to provide. Thanks in advance!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:56pm On Mar 26
Debbieeeeeee:

Just drop your advice and stop stirring up unnecessary drama, people dey look you no mean say dem no know wetin dey wan talk. What the hell is lazy adviser so it’s your own advise that is not lazy.

Hey 🤠

1. Sorry madam. My Oga wife @ the top.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:41pm On Mar 26
jettybay:
Hi everyone, please does anyone has link to whatsapp interview script group?

We need to learn from pass interviews.
🙏🙏🙏

Look for part 2 and three of this thread. You will find a lot of interview feedbacks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by trollx: 12:09pm On Mar 27
KASIDAVID:
Hello everyone, i went to Us Embassy last Friday 22nd March 2024 for a visitor visa but i made the worst useless mistake even as a regular traveler. My interview goes thus :

V.O : Good morning ,
Me: Good morning sir,
V:O ; You are going to Florida
Me : Yes
V;O ; Why do you choose Florida ?
M;E ; Because of the Beaches and outdoor attractions which makes it one of the best to Visitors.
V;O ; Where are you staying in Florida, is it Orlando Florida or Florida City ?
M:E : I am staying in Florida City.
V:O : How could you stay in a hotel in Florida City and going for look outs in Orlando Florida ? From Florida city to Orlando is about 4 hours drive and very far from your hotel. How did you think of that ?
M;E ; Didn't say anything again because no need.
V.O: What do you do ?
M.E ; I own blabla bla and i deal on blablabla.
V.O : Sorry you are not qualified and the reasons can be found on this paper.
He handed me the paper and i left.

Immediately i came out, I used Google and it was true that Florida city is very far from Orlando Florida.
It is well, i will apply again next year
The I didn't say anything again because no need got me laughing out loud 🤣🙈😋.
USA consulate interviewer are psycho with their confusing questions sometimes. Makes one to be dumbfounded and lost.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olaoluwa83: 3:21pm On Mar 27
trollx:

The I didn't say anything again because no need got me laughing out loud 🤣🙈😋.
USA consulate interviewer are psycho with their confusing questions sometimes. Makes one to be dumbfounded and lost.

Waoh!
It is well.
Please how do u get appointment, is it since last year?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bobority: 4:50pm On Mar 27
Hello. Can anyone please add me to any WhatsApp or telegram group for IW appointment dates…please I need to get a date as soon as possible…TIA!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 4:42am On Mar 28
I have two comments.

1. where does the man work? It goes a long way aside the Florida/Orlando Beep.

2. VOS know now that men abandon their wives in Naija and do arrangee in yankee. Not 1, not 10 not even 20 post covid.

It is going to be a tough call. If I were him I will leave US embassy to rest for now. Visit other countries and then you can apply again , traveling with your family, who have visas already/
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. I got the hindsight .

2. I will liken your state to 2 ladies (twins) i knew who were married to American citizens . Non of them was granted tourist visa (they tried thrice) in order to visit their spouses until they yield to my advise and applied for spousal visas which ended their ordeal.

3. Just as you have reasoned (with my opinion). Wait till the next time your family are in the USA (perhaps during Xmas or any long holidays) and apply for a B2 visa to visit them. Indicate in your DS 160 your intention to visit your family and that you have the financial and travel experience capability to do so.

4. Another route i can vote for is business travel which can come in the form of conferences , seminars or short professional trainings .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 6:14am On Mar 28
Please I bought another visa fee and selected the date I could see which is May 2025. But I noticed it says if I cancel the appointment, I will need to pay another MRV fee.. does this mean we are allowed to put appointments just once and can’t change date?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:24am On Mar 28
Ruby56:
Please I bought another visa fee and selected the date I could see which is May 2025. But I noticed it says if I cancel the appointment, I will need to pay another MRV fee.. does this mean we are allowed to put appointments just once and can’t change date?
You have the grace to schedule once (initial scheduling) and one reschedule after which you’ll need to purchase a new Mrv.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hammed71(m): 9:46am On Mar 28
Good morning guys if I decide to apply for a visa when will I possibly get an interview appointment.thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28
hammed71:
Good morning guys if I decide to apply for a visa when will I possibly get an interview appointment.thank you

Hey 🤠

1. You will secure your F1 visa appointment before your resumption . Let's assume you are resuming Septemeber 2024, you should attend your interview at worst by July/August 2024.

2. Don't panic, International Student like you are placed in the first priority of visa appointments by the American government, therefore you will at worst use your last resort (emergency appointment) to get a date .

Best Wishes 🙏

*** Sorry . I thought i was in the Student Visa section . I was exhausted .

** The possibility depends if you fall under any of the emergency appointment categories .. ie

STUDENT , MEDICAL OR BUSINESS .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 5:01pm On Mar 28
Bigolly:

Thanks.

is unfortunate that US embassy are still using 1800/dollar exchange rate for visa fee when dollar has since come down
Saw that. Maybe its a budget thing 😄
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 10:14pm On Mar 28
Greetings house, pls I would like to know if ones spouse who is not travelling be allowed in with the family for an interview. He said so they would know he is giving his consent for his children to travel with their mum.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:30pm On Mar 28
kezzy09:
Greetings house, pls I would like to know if ones spouse who is not travelling be allowed in with the family for an interview. He said so they would know he is giving his consent for his children to travel with their mum.
No he won’t be allowed in if he doesn’t have an appointment scheduled

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jredlom(m): 1:42pm On Mar 29
Hello family, greetings. I’m a Ghanaian and will be traveling to South Africa for my B1B2 interview to attend a conference. I didn’t know I can list more than one job on the DS-160 so I only entered my employer details. Will I surely be asked what I do so I will have the chance to add my personal registered business?

I own a cleaning company aside working for a real estate company. I have my business registration documents but as you know it is highly impossible for US Visa Officers to ask to see all document applicants takes to the interview.

I’m single without any child and I think adding my business can serve as home ties. I have intentions to return after the program but I’m a bit nervous because I didn’t add my own business on the DS-160. What should I do guys?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:10pm On Mar 29
jredlom:
Hello family, greetings. I’m a Ghanaian and will be traveling to South Africa for my B1B2 interview to attend a conference. I didn’t know I can list more than one job on the DS-160 so I only entered my employer details. Will I surely be asked what I do so I will have the chance to add my personal registered business?

I own a cleaning company aside working for a real estate company. I have my business registration documents but as you know it is highly impossible for US Visa Officers to ask to see all document applicants takes to the interview.

I’m single without any child and I think adding my business can serve as home ties. I have intentions to return after the program but I’m a bit nervous because I didn’t add my own business on the DS-160. What should I do guys?

Hey 🤠

1. Forget about job listings first . Why are you going to South Africa for your B1/B2 visa interview ? If you however have a South Africa Residency paper , then that case is settled a bit .

2. Reason is that as a Ghanaian, the bast place to secure a USA visa is from your country of origin because that is the natural place you can proof ties (what will make you remember to return back to Ghana) ie families , businesses , employment, properties , future ambition in Ghana, etc.

3. You did well in listing only your employer details and i also do hope the conference you are going to attend is aligned towards your present company (employer) ? You can tell the consular verbally your other jobs and skills .

4. As a single without a child, your best tie (naturally) is your present employer with the notion that you will return to work after the conference. Your 2nd best tie is your families. Having businesses or investments in Ghana are not good ties because you can run those businesses outside Ghana. But if you own like 75% share at MTN GHANA or other larger organisations, by that the embassy can accept it as a better tie.

5. Stop all your worries above . Focus on proving ties to Ghana . You will also have difficulty in proving Ghana ties in (at the USA embassy) South Africa because you are not a South African.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jettybay: 11:39pm On Mar 29
Hello, please how or where will on get appointment letter after updating the DS160 on cgi?
And what are the documents to be taking for B1/B2(conference) interview?

5. Yes . She must update her DS 160 via her cgi profile 3 days before her interview and print out a new visa appointment letter in the 3rd day, so that the new printed appointment letter will reflect the updated ds 160 automatically .[color=#000099][/color]

Thanks 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jettybay: 11:43pm On Mar 29
flourishing247:

Look for part 2 and three of this thread. You will find a lot of interview feedbacks.

Thanks,but that's like 7 years ago interviews.
😥😥
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:32am On Mar 30
jettybay:
Hello, please how or where will on get appointment letter after updating the DS160 on cgi?
And what are the documents to be taking for B1/B2(conference) interview?

5. Yes . She must update her DS 160 via her cgi profile 3 days before her interview and print out a new visa appointment letter in the 3rd day, so that the new printed appointment letter will reflect the updated ds 160 automatically .[color=#000099][/color]

Thanks 🙏

Hey 🤠

1. After updating your DS 160. Login to your cgi page After 3 days . Click on Appointment confirmation. It will take you to another page where you can choose " Printable version OR Email Appointment Confirmation.

2. If you chose email, you will have to go and Login to that email and have your updated appointment letter printed out . If you chose Printable version , you can print it out directly.

3. I cannot answer the documentation question because i don't know what exactly you are going for , neither do i know what you filled in your DS 160. Perhaps , someone can give a generalised answer .

*** See attached sample .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:32am On Mar 30
[quote author=jettybay post=129175942]

Thanks,but that's like 7 years ago interviews.
This is your first time? If yes then you need to read them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jettybay: 9:16am On Mar 30
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. After updating your DS 160. Login to your cgi page After 3 days . Click on Appointment confirmation. It will take you to another page where you can choose " Printable version OR Email Appointment Confirmation.

2. If you chose email, you will have to go and Login to that email and have your updated appointment letter printed out . If you chose Printable version , you can print it out directly.

3. I cannot answer the documentation question because i don't know what exactly you are going for , neither do i know what you filled in your DS 160. Perhaps , someone can give a generalised answer .

*** See attached sample .

Best Wishes 🙏

Thanks for the guidelines.
Stay blessed 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jettybay: 9:19am On Mar 30
[quote author=flourishing247 post=129179010][/quote]

Technically not my first time, I'm just skeptical about the period, thinking perhaps there are changes or new things.

Thanks for the guidelines as well,
Stay blessed 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jredlom(m): 7:45pm On Mar 30
I’m using South Africa because I’m not getting date in Ghana and my program is in May. My elder sister went there for her visa last year even though she has no resident permit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:06pm On Mar 30
jredlom:
I’m using South Africa because I’m not getting date in Ghana and my program is in May. My elder sister went there for her visa last year even though she has no resident permit.

Hey 🤠

1. Since your sister has taken the step before (successfully I hope ?) , then you are good to go and apply in South Africa.

2. You may fill another DS 160 and state all the businesses you want to state there . Or leave it that way and tell the consular verbally on the day of your interview .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 2tallman2: 4:18am On Apr 01
Hello guys .... Please I heard it possible to buy an appointment date at the US embassy... Please how true is this and how can one go about it ?

I'm a 41 years old man seeking to visit a friend of mine in the USA... She's willing to send an invitation letter and also any other necessary documents to back it up... Please I need your advise on how to go about the whole process, like what and what does she need to send to me and what documents do I need to take with me when going for interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: aposon07 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.