Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,560 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927573 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 9:05am On Apr 09
megastu:
My last IW was declined and i did the interview. I spent 1 day on a trip to America.

How was the interview?
Care to share your transcript?
Were you eventually given?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:48am On Apr 09
Debbieeeeeee:

I hope you realise that his 221g to show up for an interview was issued based on this DS-160 and you want him to go and change it. Why can’t he get there and use his mouth to mention to the Visa officer these changes he stated here instead of complicating issues? If there was no 221g on that ds 160 then it’s good he can change whatever.
Please let’s be guided

Hey 🤠

**@Debbieeeeeee

1. 221g form is an information request form. It's like given you a JAMB expo. The consular wants to issue you the visa but he or she needs little information or little documents from you. The reason for this is because consulars also note down visas they issued for review against bias or favouritism.

2. Therefore , the OP can fill a new ds 160 and update the same. The VO would be automatically forced to refer to it the moment the OP updated the new ds 160 in his portal . This is a consular who can actually deny you outrightly but he or she wants you to make just little move .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jewelmall: 9:58am On Apr 09
[quote author=log1 post=129058734]

please can you help send me the link
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sanctus1(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Yes . Fill another DS 160 and after final submission you have to update it in your cgi profile and re-print your appointment letter in order to display the confirmation number of the new updated DS 160.

2. The documents you will be taking to the embassy depends on what you are going for. Nobody can tell you that except he or she knows what you are visiting the USA for.

Best Wishes 🙏

will that change my interview date ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09
Sanctus1:

will that change my interview date ?

Hey 🤠

1. Each 221g note has its own explanations for administrative processing, therefore your re-appointment or mode of re-appearance and demands is stated inside your 221g letter .

2. Therefore , no. It won't change your interview date. You won't be tampering with your interview date.

3. Be at rest, if your visa is a clear refusal they would have refused you immediately.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by platinumford: 5:44pm On Apr 09
Hello All,

Happy Eid. Please I wanted to ask how long is the processing time for IW in Abuja for B1/B2?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:01pm On Apr 09
platinumford:
Hello All,

Happy Eid. Please I wanted to ask how long is the processing time for IW in Abuja for B1/B2?

Thank you

Give or take 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:35pm On Apr 09
I guess the US Visa Fee Regime is a better situation than the Nigerian Visa Fee Regime for anyone planning to come to Nigeria

“CNN International correspondent, Larry Madowo, has expressed dismay over Nigeria’s visa fees.

Madowo, who made this known on his LinkedIn account on Monday, disclosed that despite holding a Kenyan passport, which grants visa-free access to numerous African nations such as Uganda, South Africa, and Ghana, Nigeria requires a substantial fee of $215 for a single-entry visa.

He wrote, ”Nigeria just charged me $215 for a one-month, single entry visa. Again. I was here three weeks ago – paid the same $215. This is actually my third time in Nigeria this year, so they have made $645 from me in 2024 alone.

“The visa itself costs $25, but Nigeria charges a $20 ‘processing fee’ and $170 for biometrics every time. My fingerprints haven’t changed since I was here three weeks ago. Why am I paying $170 to have them taken and to pose for a picture each time I visit? Isn’t that a standard part of admitting someone into a country?”

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fohbnfoo420: 10:31pm On Apr 09
iyanuakin:
Good morning Gurus, so I applied for IW in Feb which I was refused but was scheduled for follow up interview
My interview comes up in April 26, my initial plan was to go last month for 2 weeks break, My circumstance has changed as I got promoted last month too with increased salary and also time to travel has changed too

Can I fill another DS160 to update my status before the date or I’m not allowed to change anything?
Thanks

I won't advise you to fill another DS160. It will look as if you lied in the first one. How much did you state as your salary in th first DS160?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 10:39pm On Apr 09
flourishing247:

After application or before?
The truth is that nothing is certain. Some three weeks, while some take longer.

I am asking on how early to get date for dropbox appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Skorse: 11:02pm On Apr 09
Good evening,

Please can anyone share a B1/B2 usa visa whatApp link where I can get appointment date for abuja.

Here is my number. +2349135290010
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aussie2doc: 11:28pm On Apr 09
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

**@Debbieeeeeee

1. 221g form is an information request form. It's like given you a JAMB expo. The consular wants to issue you the visa but he or she needs little information or little documents from you. The reason for this is because consulars also note down visas they issued for review against bias or favouritism.

2. Therefore , the OP can fill a new ds 160 and update the same. The VO would be automatically forced to refer to it the moment the OP updated the new ds 160 in his portal . This is a consular who can actually deny you outrightly but he or she wants you to make just little move .

Best Wishes 🙏

You will lead many of these innocent people to visa refusal eventually. Why are you asking him to complicate things for himself? This is an application that has already been assessed, the VO only needed clarification on the existing application which is usually simple and straightforward. You are asking him to go and fill another DS 160 for a follow up interview. You don’t have to answer to every query. Honestly, you are complicating things for many unsuspecting applicants.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:49am On Apr 10
Blackfinegirl:

I am asking on how early to get date for dropbox appointment

OK. I have no idea. Last I heard was April. You know they sometimes post random dates.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:50am On Apr 10
Aussie2doc:
You will lead many of these innocent people to visa refusal eventually. Why are you asking him to complicate things for himself? This is an application that has already been assessed, the VO only needed clarification on the existing application which is usually simple and straightforward. You are asking him to go and fill another DS 160 for a follow up interview. You don’t have to answer to every query. Honestly, you are complicating things for many unsuspecting applicants.

It is really sad. I wish he would learn to overlook questions he doesn't have answers to. Most people here respond to questions based on their experience over the years.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sanctus1(m): 6:48am On Apr 10
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Each 221g note has its own explanations for administrative processing, therefore your re-appointment or mode of re-appearance and demands is stated inside your 221g letter .

2. Therefore , no. It won't change your interview date. You won't be tampering with your interview date.

3. Be at rest, if your visa is a clear refusal they would have refused you immediately.

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you very much, my brother (US CITIZEN) is inviting me over for summer holidays, do i need to get an invite from him ? he is is the overall sponsor for my trip also.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:15am On Apr 10
Aussie2doc:

Hey 🤠

1. In 221g status . If you believe there is an error or discrepancy in the status of your DS-160 form, you can rectify it despite the fact you have done the bio metric .

2. You with @Flourishing247 does not know pass your kg levels in visa process.

3. Fault finders . You did not have any opinions to give the OP initially but you usually have counter-opinions to prove your heavy weight experiences but you are old schools .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:22am On Apr 10
Sanctus1:

Thank you very much, my brother (US CITIZEN) is inviting me over for summer holidays, do i need to get an invite from him ? he is is the overall sponsor for my trip also.

Hey 🤠

1. Direct the question to @Flourishing247 , and @Aussie2doc. Let's read from the bosses.

2. Besides , ain't you the one placed on 221g ? I do hope you ain't trolling yourselves.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:45am On Apr 10
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. In 221g status . If you believe there is an error or discrepancy in the status of your DS-160 form, you can rectify it despite the fact you have done the bio metric .

2. You with @Flourishing247 does not know pass your kg levels in visa process.

3. Fault finders . You did not have any opinions to give the OP initially but you usually have counter-opinions to prove your heavy weight experiences but you are old schools .

Best Wishes 🙏

I already gave him my answer before you came with your essay.
It is not necessary to fill another form. The interview will be based on what he filed in his form. Most 221g interviews happen in a week. So why the need to fill another form?

All he needs is the evidence to back up his new status. We are not fault-finding but just make sure you give the right information. You must not have answers to every question asked on this thread. Also direct people to where they can get the right information if you do not know what to say.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fohbnfoo420: 8:01am On Apr 10
Even on the 221g form, it's clearly stated that you do not need to fill another DS160 form.
flourishing247:

It is not necessary to fill another form. The interview will be based on what he filed in his form. Most 221g interviews happen in a week. So why the need to fill another form?

All he needs is the evidence to back up his new status. We are not fault-finding but just make sure you give the right information. You must not have answers to every question asked on this thread. Also direct people to where they can get the right information if you do not know what to say.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:08am On Apr 10
flourishing247:

Hey 🤠

*** Oga the Boss.

1. Most 221gs happens in a week that is what you know sir . Let me tell you another version that you can be placed on 221g up to 1 year .

2. On DS 160 rectification. Let's assume that the consular officer looked at his/her computer (during your interview) and he/she saw a possible issue flagged, eg suppose that it showed that your name and birthdate were the same as those of a known terrorist.

3. In the above scenario, the consular needs Administrative Processing to determine conclusively that you are not that person. If that department determines that the terrorist is currently in a maximum security prison then you are likely to be approved in a few days, otherwise, you will be placed on 221g indefinitely.

4. Before then, let's assume that you came to your senses and say wow ! I forgot to input my middle name in order to differentiate me from that know terrorist, will you sit down at home and be looking like Dundee on a case that can even get you arrested ? You have to rectify your DS 160 because in 221g your status update goes through your DS 160.

5. If you don't know how to do it ask me how is it possible . Don't come to me like my teacher. You can correct me in a polite way and i will come open if its an error. Its none of your business if i answer 1 million questions with essays. I am preparing myself for my future career .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:11am On Apr 10
fohbnfoo420:
Even on the 221g form, it's clearly stated that you do not need to fill another DS160 form.

Hey 🤠

1. I know you will keep coming . You are following papers . You have not seen visa cases. Go and read my reply to him. I am an apprentice under an International Visa Attorney who handles US & Canada hardest (visas) teasers , aside of my own personal researches with years of experiences.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:46am On Apr 10
flourishing247:

OK. I have no idea. Last I heard was April. You know they sometimes post random dates.

Thank you !!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fohbnfoo420: 10:06am On Apr 10
Bro, this is not a war. We're all advising the OP to the best of our knowledge. While you had a genuine intention of helping the poster, your answer might not necessary be the best for him. I don't think there is a problem in that. We're all learning.
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. I know you will keep coming . You are following papers . You have not seen visa cases. Go and read my reply to him. I am an apprentice under an International Visa Attorney who handles US & Canada hardest (visas) teasers , aside of my own personal researches with years of experiences.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fohbnfoo420: 10:06am On Apr 10
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:37am On Apr 10
fohbnfoo420:
Bro, this is not a war. We're all advising the OP to the best of our knowledge. While you had a genuine intention of helping the poster, your answer might not necessary be the best for him. I don't think there is a problem in that. We're all learning.

Hey 🤠

1. It's okay you are right . I am awfully sorry. I apologise. Extend my apology to @flourishing247.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sanctus1(m): 11:44am On Apr 10
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Direct the question to @Flourishing247 , and @Aussie2doc. Let's read from the bosses.

2. Besides , ain't you the one placed on 221g ? I do hope you ain't trolling yourselves.

Best Wishes 🙏

Not at all, this is a new appointment I got in October 2022, just wanted to know if updating my profile with new DS 160 number will change my interview date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by log1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10
[quote author=jewelmall post=129343564][/quote]

The link is not working, so I am not part of the Whatsapp group. I will advise you keep checking; they recently release new dates. The available appointment dates used to be in 2026 but the last time I checked I saw a lot of appointments dates that start from May 2025 dates.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Skorse: 5:08pm On Apr 10
Hi Everyone,

Can someone pls urgently assist or add me to WhatsApp group link for B1/B2 visa updates on getting early appointment dates for Abuja

Here is my contact- ‪+234 913 529 0010‬
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10
iyanuakin:
Good morning Gurus, so I applied for IW in Feb which I was refused but was scheduled for follow up interview
My interview comes up in April 26, my initial plan was to go last month for 2 weeks break, My circumstance has changed as I got promoted last month too with increased salary and also time to travel has changed too

Can I fill another DS160 to update my status before the date or I’m not allowed to change anything?
Thanks

Don't fill another DS160.
Just go for your Follow Up Interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Skorse: 9:32pm On Apr 10
Can anyone who belong to a whatsapp group that is been used to search for date B1/B2 visa in Abuja add this number up on WhatsApp: +2347030448834 or kindly send me the group link. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:12pm On Apr 10
Skorse:
Can anyone who belong to a whatsapp group that is been used to search for date B1/B2 visa in Abuja add this number up on WhatsApp: +2347030448834 or kindly send me the group link. Thank you.

The groups no longer exists. You can do the search on your own. Just check twice a day. Morning and afternoon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kaakaa(f): 6:18am On Apr 11
It will be adjusted on the 11th of April but since it’s a holiday, am thinking 12th.

Abdomox:
Also anyone with reliable info on when the rate for visa fee will be adjusted?

Paying 185 x 4 at N1800 exchange rate is unfair when dollar is now 1200.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.