Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (931303 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 5:45pm On Apr 21
Kindly ensure you are properly enrolled in school in Canada and have your school ID and Canadian redidence permit handy before you attend the interview. I also got a US visa from Germany barely 5 months I landed as a graduate student despite a previous refusal from Nigeria. The only question I was asked about my studies was the duration and I had 13 more months to go. No venture, no success.....all the very best!

Gentlesoul3268:
I need more insight as a student currently study in Canada wish to go to USA for tourism for just 10days.

Note: I arrived Canada 4 month ago

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 5:54pm On Apr 21
You may wish to wait until you graduate and get a job with your post-study visa/residence permit. Anything that will ensure you return to base. I got one in the past this way too. I only went with the job contract in addition to other documents.

Soraco57:

I have valid Residency permit till Dec 31, how best can I go about it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21
daseento:
Good day All,
I would be extremely grateful if anyone can direct me to where I can get a comprehensive DIY guide on the USA tourist visa. My boss with over 25 years banking experience would love to travel to US for her holiday. I will appreciate all advice pls

You are in the right place. This thread has all you are trying to confirm or learn about.
It’s best your boss reads herself because the DS160 form is a personal thing to fill out.

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
Step 2
Pay visa fees (GTB online or walk into branch or other banks***)
Step 3
Create an account here, www.ustraveldocs.com and use DS160 Confirmation Number and Visa Fees number to fill out profile. Then also book appointment here.

Please take your time to fill the DS160. Don’t rush. Use 3 days or more.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daseento(m): 10:57pm On Apr 21
fkj950ax:

You are in the right place. This thread has all you are trying to confirm or learn about.
It’s best your boss reads herself because the DS160 form is a personal thing to fill out.

Step 1
Fill DS-160 form
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
Step 2
Pay visa fees (GTB online or walk into branch or other banks***)
Step 3
Create an account here, www.ustraveldocs.com and use DS160 Confirmation Number and Visa Fees number to fill out profile. Then also book appointment here.

Please take your time to fill the DS160. Don’t rush. Use 3 days or more.

Thank you very much for this advice. Could you please confirm the estimated time/ duration it would take to apply and get a decision?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:33am On Apr 22
daseento:

Thank you very much for this advice. Could you please confirm the estimated time/ duration it would take to apply and get a decision?

Interview date is currently in year 2025.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:47am On Apr 22
Thanks bro, if i may ask do you apply as a tourist? Lastly i hope you quickly see interview date when you applied from Germany

esdajo:
Kindly ensure you are properly enrolled in school in Canada and have your school ID and Canadian redidence permit handy before you attend the interview. I also got a US visa from Germany barely 5 months I landed as a graduate student despite a previous refusal from Nigeria. The only question I was asked about my studies was the duration and I had 13 more months to go. No venture, no success.....all the very best!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:27am On Apr 22
daseento:

Visa decision timeline is based on your performance at the interview. It takes between 2-8 mins for the VO approve or deny the application.
Getting interview date is 2 years. Filling the form is first step.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daseento(m): 4:47am On Apr 22
fkj950ax:

Visa decision timeline is based on your performance at the interview. It takes between 2-8 mins for the VO approve or deny the application.
Getting interview date is 2 years. Filling the form is first step.

2 years 🙄. Thanks for the info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 7:16am On Apr 22
Yes, it was a B1/B2 visa. Getting a date overseas is not the same as getting a date in Nigeria where we have many people on the waiting list. Just do the needful and worry less about getting a date as you can get one within a month.

Gentlesoul3268:
Thanks bro, if i may ask do you apply as a tourist? Lastly i hope you quickly see interview date when you applied from Germany

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by platinumford: 1:10pm On Apr 22
Hello All,

Please does anyone know the C 221g dates availability for Abuja?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimiMaya: 3:35am On Apr 23
Good morning everyone

Please I have been trying to book a date for over a month now but I keep seeing “there are currently no available appointment dates” for both Abuja and Lagos. Even the 2025 dates I no dey see. Can someone people help me on how to navigate this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aremuforlife(m): 5:21am On Apr 23
Good morning house
I want to seek for a visiting visa here in Italy
I just received an invitation from my uncle, although I have permanent job here in Italy, I have a house on mortgage.
I am only seeking for guidelines
Thanks in anticipation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bidemi219: 5:43am On Apr 23
AvaDaisy:
Hello all, pls has anyone had to wait for email approval to book an appointment for the B1/B2. If yes pls how long does it take to get the email with the approval?

I’ve been waiting for about 12 days now
pls did you get it sorted out cause I'm also having same issues too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AvaDaisy(f): 8:14am On Apr 23
Yes, this is the normal procedure now. You just have to be patient and wait for the email from them.
Bidemi219:
pls did you get it sorted out cause I'm also having same issues too

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bidemi219: 1:11pm On Apr 23
AvaDaisy:
Yes, this is the normal procedure now. You just have to be patient and wait for the email from them.

Uh okay thanks..it takes how many weeks before they replied you back via the email plss & pls do you have any whatsapp group for people looking for date as well for me to join ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by samtol4(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23
aremuforlife:
Good morning house
I want to seek for a visiting visa here in Italy
I just received an invitation from my uncle, although I have permanent job here in Italy, I have a house on mortgage.
I am only seeking for guidelines
Thanks in anticipation
Go ahead and apply .
Fill the form properly

First is your uncle citizen ? If yes hope he did not enter the US via visitor visa ?
2. How long have you been working in your current position
3.do you have any ties apart from house
4. Dates are always available outside Nigeria.
5. Any travel history will be good also
For Italy you may get date for May /June ..Since most Schengen countries do not need visa to USA ,the appointment is always available.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chukwubyk: 3:12pm On Apr 23
Please is it true that deadline for editing or update of US Visa application is 2 weeks from date of appointment? My appointment is 7th of next month and my international passport is under production.
Please what's the deadline for editing of US Visa application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aremuforlife(m): 4:56pm On Apr 23
samtol4:

Go ahead and apply .
Fill the form properly

First is your uncle citizen ? If yes hope he did not enter the US via visitor visa ?
2. How long have you been working in your current position
3.do you have any ties apart from house
4. Dates are always available outside Nigeria.
5. Any travel history will be good also
For Italy you may get date for May /June ..Since most Schengen countries do not need visa to USA ,the appointment is always available.
Good luck
Thanks for this reply
Yes he is a citizen, and it was stated on the written visiting letter that his American passport is available for verification.
This is my 3rd year in my present place of work. Although it is a permanent job.
I dont have any travel history

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fearlessfang: 5:25pm On Apr 23
aremuforlife:

Thanks for this reply
Yes he is a citizen, and it was stated on the written visiting letter that his American passport is available for verification.
This is my 3rd year in my present place of work. Although it is a permanent job.
Take it from me that none of those documents will be demanded from you.

On a rare occasion do they need that. Focus more on how you can verbally prove to them that you are going to visit your uncle and would return after the visit.

Even if you like bring truck load filled with documents, none might be asked for.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aremuforlife(m): 5:26pm On Apr 23
fearlessfang:
Take it from me that none of those documents will be demanded from you.

On a rare occasion do they need that. Focus more on how you can verbally prove to them that you are going to visit your uncle and would return after the visit.

Even if you like bring truck load filled with documents, none might be asked for.
OK, thanks
I will work on thag
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AvaDaisy(f): 5:29pm On Apr 23
Could take anything form 7 days up to over a month. Mine took over 2weeks.

I don’t have any WhatsApp nor do I know of any. I was eligible for an emergency interview hence was able to get an interview date for last yr.

Bidemi219:

Uh okay thanks..it takes how many weeks before they replied you back via the email plss & pls do you have any whatsapp group for people looking for date as well for me to join ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bidemi219: 6:05pm On Apr 23
AvaDaisy:
Could take anything form 7 days up to over a month. Mine took over 2weeks.

I don’t have any WhatsApp nor do I know of any. I was eligible for an emergency interview hence was able to get an interview date for last yr.

thanks so much daisy, you're too much atleast you've helped alot I'll need to wait b that

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by samtol4(m): 8:37pm On Apr 23
aremuforlife:

Thanks for this reply
. Third year in your place of work ? That is means you have live in Italy for three years plus . Try visit some European countries close to Italy via buses or trains ,so that the travel history can be fill a bit . It is not good for that part to be blank especially when you have opportunity in Europe .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ghideourn(m): 10:05pm On Apr 23
Hi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aremuforlife(m): 10:12pm On Apr 23
samtol4:
. Third year in your place of work ? That is means you have live in Italy for three years plus . Try visit some European countries close to Italy via buses or trains ,so that the travel history can be fill a bit . It is not good for that part to be blank especially when you have opportunity in Europe .
No
That is not my first place of work
This is my 7th year in italy, 6th year of documented

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aremuforlife(m): 10:14pm On Apr 23
I just submitted my application,.but finding it difficult to book for an appointment and pay for the visa fees.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:58pm On Apr 23
Ghideourn:
I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to everyone who has contributed to my journey towards obtaining my U.S. visa. The knowledge I gained from various sources, including here, has been invaluable in preparing for my application.

Last November, I successfully completed my interview and was granted a B1/B2 visa. Today marks 60 days since I arrived in the United States, and I am incredibly thankful for this opportunity.

I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to all the moderators and individuals who generously share their knowledge, both at home in Nigeria and abroad. You are the true frontliners in our quest for information and support.

In light of my positive experience, I am eager to pay it forward by offering assistance and answering questions about the visa application process, from preparation to the interview stage. Feel free to reach out by quoting or replying me, and I’ll do my best to help!

Hey 🤠

@Ghideourn.

*** Congratulations, and i am personally receiving your appreciation in good heart.

1. But don't you think that 60 days arrival is too young to start focusing on getting back to nairaland ? Besides, i do hope you have found employment and working on changing status or are you going to over-stay your B1/B2 visa ?

2. Another point is that having a B1/B2 visa has not made you or qualified you as a certified USA visa processing expert. Can you answer or handle F1. H-1B, H2-A, H2-B, H1-C H-3, M1 and K1 visas procedures? USA has more than 30 visa types which need years of experience and rigorous studies to master .

3. Stop worrying about Nairaland for now. Focus on maintaining your legal status . Nairaland is a bag of Visas Knowledge which boasts of seasoned and well-experienced experts .

Best Wishes 🙏

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neni83: 11:30pm On Apr 23
Hi, my mom’s interview is next month and she just renewed her passport. I have updated the new passport number on DS160, how do I update it on the US travel doc profile? Also her MVR receipt has the old passport number. Please has anybody had this issue before.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:49pm On Apr 23
neni83:
Hi, my mom’s interview is next month and she just renewed her passport. I have updated the new passport number on DS160, how do I update it on the US travel doc profile? Also her MVR receipt has the old passport number. Please has anybody had this issue before.

Thank you

Call the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neni83: 12:08am On Apr 24
flourishing247:

Call the embassy.

Please does anyone have the contact number
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 12:08am On Apr 24
neni83:

Thank you

Hey 🤠

1. Login to her cgi profile and look out for update profile... click on it and the system will takes you to her bio-data page... look out for where DS 160 number and Passport number is written (old ones), clear it off and type your new DS 160 number and new passport number in the spaces ...stroll downward and click on save.

2. After 3 days . Log back to Mama's cgi profile and click on Appointment.... it will take you to download Appointment or email Appointment... choose anyone that fits you and print out a new visa appointment letter for Mama. ** The new visa appointment letter will carry the new ds 160 and the new passport numbers (automatic update completed).

3. Regarding the MRV. Mama is good to attend her interview with the new passport and the mrv payment receipt. You cannot edit or amend the MRV (except if GTB will re-issue a new one but i doubt the possibility). But the good news is that Mama's new passport will also carry her old passport number (which reflects on the mrv receipt ). ** Alternatively, she can attend the interview with both old and new Passports.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neni83: 12:54am On Apr 24
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Login to her cgi profile and look out for update profile... click on it and the system will takes you to her bio-data page... look out for where DS 160 number and Passport number is written (old ones), clear it off and type your new DS 160 number and new passport number in the spaces ...stroll downward and click on save.

2. After 3 days . Log back to Mama's cgi profile and click on Appointment.... it will take you to download Appointment or email Appointment... choose anyone that fits you and print out a new visa appointment letter for Mama. ** The new visa appointment letter will carry the new ds 160 and the new passport numbers (automatic update completed).

3. Regarding the MRV. Mama is good to attend her interview with the new passport and the mrv payment receipt. You cannot edit or amend the MRV (except if GTB will re-issue a new one but i doubt the possibility). But the good news is that Mama's new passport will also carry her old passport number (which reflects on the mrv receipt ). ** Alternatively, she can attend the interview with both old and new Passports.

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you so much for this detailed description however I couldn’t change the passport #, i wasn’t able to clear it.
I have updated her CGI with her new DS160 number and saved it

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.