Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (928828 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:57pm On Apr 17
Ogunremi26:
please i paid for my visa fee with GTBANK internet bank but when i try to loging to register my application for appointment usportal , i got a message that my payment have not been approve and is taking longer time as expected.what can i do , this is over 3days now.any advise pls

Contact GTB (walk into a banking hall to CS to have the transaction fixed)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babyfaiz: 5:45am On Apr 18
Taal17:

Go to the living in the UK thread and ask your question there . You'll find ppl with your profile there

Applying for US visa from other countries is different from apply for US visa from Nigeria.
Process for both is different

Please, I’ll like to find out if Nigerians who apply from the UK gets the same visa validity period like those who apply from Nigeria? Say, Nigerians get 5years for B1/B2, is it also 5years for Nigerians applying in the UK? I know some countries get 10 years but don’t know if the validity will be tied to the applicant Country of origin. If 5 years, did it also start last year? This question is open to anyone who knows.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babyfaiz: 5:54am On Apr 18
KodakBlack:
Letter from your employer

Payslips

Statements

BRP

Itinerary.

The most important thing is the information filled in your DS-160 form.

I was not asked for any of these during my interview only thing she asked was my marriage certificate.

For London, their hand soft I swear.

Did you get the same 5 years validity period like we get by in Nigeria? If so, do you know when the 5 year validity started? Let’s say a Nigerian that applied from the UK in 2022 got 2 or 5 or 10 years validity?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kenturkey048(m): 10:27am On Apr 18
Blackfinegirl:

Its dropbox Abuja. I applied yesterday and got a date for ending of april

Okay.. Thanks for replying to me..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:54am On Apr 18
babyfaiz:

Please, I’ll like to find out if Nigerians who apply from the UK gets the same visa validity period like those who apply from Nigeria? Say, Nigerians get 5years for B1/B2, is it also 5years for Nigerians applying in the UK? I know some countries get 10 years but don’t know if the validity will be tied to the applicant Country of origin. If 5 years, did it also start last year? This question is open to anyone who knows.

Hey 🤠

** @babyfaiz

1. He dare not answer the question . You want him to come and tell us that a Nigerian who got 5 years for B1/B2 (as adjudicated for all Nigerians) in Abuja or Lagos embassy will now go to India and get 10 years B1/B2 (as adjudicated for Indians) ?

2. F1, B1/B2 , H-1B , K1 etc which applies to a Nigerian in Abuja or Lagos will also applies to him or her if he or she travels to Canada , Australia , Cotonou, Ghana , etc .

3. @babyfaiz. If we get 5 years in Nigeria, then you as a Nigerian in the UK will get same 5 years . Your friend who is a Nigerian and living in Japan will get same 5 years . Their hands soft for London na because you followed the visa rules or probably God just answered your prayers .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cocolacec(m): 2:17pm On Apr 18
babyfaiz:

The duration of your US visa depends on your passport irrespective of your residence at the time of application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KodakBlack: 2:29pm On Apr 18
Yes, I got the 5 years validity.

babyfaiz:

Did you get the same 5 years validity period like we get by in Nigeria? If so, do you know when the 5 year validity started? Let’s say a Nigerian that applied from the UK in 2022 got 2 or 5 or 10 years validity?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by writetopoka: 4:07pm On Apr 18
I have a pressing issue on my neck right now.

1.) I paid and registered for B1/B2 Visa in 2022.
2.) I filled my normal details initially
3.) Along the line my cousin sister a citizen now volunteered to offer my an IV and that I should also use her dad who is presently sick in the USA as an excuse to visit.
4.) I agreed, with her directives I reacquired a new NPC birth certificate to show her dad's name, and also did the same on my marriage certificate.
5.) My interview is just on the 22nd (4 days)
6.) Few weeks ago i edited my DS 106 form and changed my dad name to her name dad's name, plus other things changed.
7.) For record purposes I originally used her details as a USA citizen to fill my contact and host person.
8.) Our plan is that I will be coming with her IV on the basis of her forthcoming birthday and another doctor's report recommending I visit so as to pay our dad (her dad) a visit.
9.) Meanwhile, I have done all necessary printing; bank statements, leave approved, employment letter, salary slip, birthday program card etc

10.) Now the problem is this: she is finding fault in most of the things I printed and from my observations, she is not wanting to send me the promised invitation letter and doctor's report as planned.

NOW WHAT DO I DO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18
writetopoka:

3.) Along the line my cousin sister a citizen now volunteered to offer my an IV and that I should also use her dad who is presently sick in the USA as an excuse to visit.
4.) I agreed, with her directives I reacquired a new NPC birth certificate to show her dad's name, and also did the same on my marriage certificate.
6.) Few weeks ago i edited my DS 106 form and changed my dad name to her name dad's name, plus other things changed.
7.) For record purposes I originally used her details as a USA citizen to fill my contact and host person.
8.) Our plan is that I will be coming with her IV on the basis of her forthcoming birthday and another doctor's report recommending I visit so as to pay our dad (her dad) a visit.
9.) Meanwhile, I have done all necessary printing; bank statements, leave approved, employment letter, salary slip, birthday program card etc

10.) Now the problem is this: she is finding fault in most of the things I printed and from my observations, she is not wanting to send me the promised invitation letter and doctor's report as planned.

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

Fraud 101.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by writetopoka: 4:50pm On Apr 18
fkj950ax:

Fraud 101.

Please how do you mean fraud
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:03pm On Apr 18
writetopoka:

NOW WHAT DO I DO?
Her dad is not your dad he’s your uncle so why fill his details as your dad?
I hope you realize whatever you’ve started you must finish it because you can’t come up in the nearest future to say he’s no longer your dad or you don’t bear that name again. See, I get you may be desperate but let’s be guided to not further complicate life issues. U.S. citizen iv or whatever doesn’t guarantee you a visa and best believe no officer is checking that Yeye IV. It’s better you retain original and real information on your form and don’t complicate things for yourself.

There are certain boxes you tick to get a visa and visas as assessed by your individual requirements not by someone else’s U.S. citizenship. As a visa officer I’ll deny you because I know you’re going to stay with your sister as you now want to claim her as sibling and her dad as your dad and you’ll most likely not return.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Skorse: 5:05pm On Apr 18
Blackfinegirl:
I am trying to reschedule my dads app date and I cant find reschedule, everything seems different from 2 years ago when i last renewed visa.

Please where did you click on to reschedule.

I got IW date for april in abuja and I would like to reschedule my dads date and location from lagos to abuja, is that possible. He already picked sept date for lagos and its kinda far.

Pls someone should answer, i cant reschedule my dads appointment. There is no button for resvhedule here and thats strange. Have they changed it?

To the best of my knowledge,I think you need to purchase a new MRV fee to be able to re-schedule a visa date.You can only reschedule twice and after that,you make another payment to be able to schedule a date.

Anyone with any other opinion could kindly reply

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:06pm On Apr 18
writetopoka:

So you don’t know this your changes are fraudulent and you have to stick to this information for life with the five eyes whenever you apply to any of them.
Did your cousin suddenly become your sister overnight and her dad your dad?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Trueigbo: 5:29pm On Apr 18
if am asked HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DENIED VISA BEFORE, should i tell them i was denied Canada study visa when i apply to acquire another degree or should i say i have not been denied US visa before

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18
writetopoka:

When we get comfortable to publicly share things people are afraid to even do in secret, then the society has lowered the bar so much it is in the mud. Nigeria and Nigerians have to do better.
You are not supposed to have 2 birth certificates. Even if the original is lost or damaged, you can only be issued a CTC. This is the only legal option, according to Nigerian Law (NPC). (1st forgery)
Also, you are not supposed to have 2 marriage certificates. Even if the original is lost or damaged, you can only be issued a CTC. This is the only legal option, according to Nigerian Law. (2nd forgery)
Your Uncle (cousin's dad) is NOT your Father. Filling legal documents - saying he is - that you will sign at the end declaring all information is true and you haven't perjured yourself is very ILLEGAL. (3rd forgery). You are even jeopardising your wife and maybe your childrens' options in the future when they will need to apply for themselves because they will be tied to the names on these documents you have procured.

The truth is you may not need all these maneuvering you are doing. Your profile, a dose of confidence, God, and a level headed VO may get your visa approved, but everyone is too fixated on providing 'supporting' documents for US Visa Application or Interview. Once again, it is unnecessary and irrelevant. Attending a Birthday and seeing your (new) dad are amusing reasons to travel. Nobody needs a Doctors note to visit a parent.

Even if you get this 'health record / invitation letter' your cousin promised you, the VO will see through the ruse and ask you questions that will bottom out all your claims. Your passport can be withheld and handed over to Nigeria Police / Immigration Service if the magnitude of suspected crime is high.

Now this cousin of your has stiffed you (exactly the way a lot of Nigerian in the Abroad behave) by leading you down a path and disappearing when you are in the thick of it. She honestly did not find any fault with all you have done. She is distancing herself from you to avoid any problem for herself in future. America is not Nigeria. Data and information you submit stays forever and will always be verified.

I am not you, but if I was in your shoes, I would revert back to the "normal details" you mention in Nos 2 of your post and do things properly. You don't need a marriage certificate or a birth certificate for a US Visit Visa Application and/or Interview. Do tell me where you uploaded or attached these things in your application.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18
Trueigbo:
if am asked HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DENIED VISA BEFORE, should i tell them i was denied Canada study visa when i apply to acquire another degree or should i say i have not been denied US visa before
Seek clarification with the question, or answer in a way to clarify the question.
"I have never been denied a US Visa. But my Canada Student Visa was not approved"

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cashmadam: 8:12pm On Apr 18
writetopoka:

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

Visa denial loading...

It will be a miracle if you get the visa..

Why can't you just say the truth?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olasubomy: 10:39pm On Apr 18
writetopoka:

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

Solution, re-fill your DS160 to reflect the complete truth about yourself. Furthermore, please correct any paperwork you have acquired that is fake. Do your research and gather info on requirements for B1/B2 visa. Some former US Visa officers ( who are now consultants) has shared useful information how the US consulate operate and what they see on their screen when you appear for an interview on YouTube. These padding you have done is too much, they will detect you are telling lies. I wont advise you to appear before the interview with this DS 160 information, you would likely be thrown off balance.

If you intend to build a future overseas, build it on foundation of truth for your peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Soraco57(m): 11:05pm On Apr 18
Good morning, please am trying to apply for US visa in Lithuania as I will be graduating July 2024, though I applied last year for tourism during summer but got denied, I want to retry again this may, I have travel to UK several times and I have expired Irish visa on my passport and valid 2 years UK visa and I have traveled to several Schengen countries, UAE, Egypt, Bene republic.

Please how best can I go about this US visa , I need advise.

Thanhs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 11:53pm On Apr 18
babyfaiz:

Should be the same
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 11:56pm On Apr 18
Soraco57:
Good morning, please am trying to apply for US visa in Lithuania as I will be graduating July 2024, though I applied last year for tourism during summer but got denied, I want to retry again this may, I have travel to UK several times and I have expired Irish visa on my passport and valid 2 years UK visa and I have traveled to several Schengen countries, UAE, Egypt, Bene republic.

Thanhs
It would be hard to get US visa from Lithuania if your residence in Lithuania will end shortly after you graduate.
There's really nothing keeping you in Lithuania

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Soraco57(m): 12:22am On Apr 19
Taal17:

It would be hard to get US visa from Lithuania if your residence in Lithuania will end shortly after you graduate.
There's really nothing keeping you in Lithuania

I have valid Residency permit till Dec 31, how best can I go about it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kaakaa(f): 3:09am On Apr 19
writetopoka:

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

She is distancing herself from you because she probably didn’t ask you to claim her dad as your dad….. She said use her dad’s illness as an excuse to come to America, now you went and forged different things….

Friends invite people, your cousin inviting you is legit and very ok, you didn’t have to claim her as sister to get the visa, being your cousin is ENOUGH.

What you are doing is fraudulent, and can incriminate them, hence why she is distancing herself. All you needed was the IV, not changing your parents name….

Please refill your ds form b4 you put your self in trouble….

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:29am On Apr 19
writetopoka:

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

See you see 10yrs or ban at the embassy.

So your passport is showing what name?

I don't even know how we can advise you at this point so you don't get confused.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by samtol4(m): 10:27am On Apr 19
Soraco57:

Thanhs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by samtol4(m): 10:32am On Apr 19
Soraco57:

Thanhs
It will be a little difficult or tricky to get visa from Lithuania after your graduation. What will be your reason to come back to Lithuania? You should have apply for conference visa while you are studying & be a presenter would have given you 80% guarantee. This is the easiest way to get short term visa to the US. Look for conference in your area , submit an abstract paper and get an invitation letter ,then reapply again though your chance is now 50/ 50
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Trueigbo: 3:57pm On Apr 19
fkj950ax:

Seek clarification with the question, or answer in a way to clarify the question.
"I have never been denied a US Visa. But my Canada Student Visa was not approved"

Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 10:06pm On Apr 19
Soraco57:

I have valid Residency permit till Dec 31, how best can I go about it

It will be hard. Your residence in Lithuania is short term.
Try reapplying in Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kenturkey048(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20
flourishing247:

See you see 10yrs or ban at the embassy.

So your passport is showing what name?

I don't even know how we can advise you at this point so you don't get confused.
Exactly wetin come my mind....

Like his passport is showing different name..
His birth certificate different names...
His marriage certificate, different names...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:59pm On Apr 20
Kenturkey048:

Exactly wetin come my mind....

Like his passport is showing different name..
His birth certificate different names...
His marriage certificate, different names...

A very complicated mess caused by the poster. I wish he/ she will fill another ds 160 form with the right information. All the documents he listed he got are not even needed in the interview.

E go be for the poster if they hammer am life ban.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daseento(m): 12:30pm On Apr 21
Good day All,
I would be extremely grateful if anyone can direct me to where I can get a comprehensive DIY guide on the USA tourist visa. My boss with over 25 years banking experience would love to travel to US for her holiday. I will appreciate all advice pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: fkj950ax(m), Debbieeeeeee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.