Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927548 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tundesto(m): 7:52am On Apr 11
kaakaa:
It will be adjusted on the 11th of April but since it’s a holiday, am thinking 12th.

Very very unfair. Please may I know how to upload supporting documents to my US visitor visa. I will appreciate anyone teaching me this. My visa application was refused last month and I have to reapply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 10:47am On Apr 11
Thank you all for your responses to my questions
I really do appreciate
I think I’ll allow the Interviewer to ask for infos than refill another DS160
I didn’t pick a date for follow up interview on time hence why I couldn’t get a closer date
The interview comes up 26th o f this Month

Thanks once again

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Panachesonny: 12:03pm On Apr 11
I have a fiancee from us online, we've been chatting for some months now, I'm currently working with Daweoo engineering and construction, she wants me to come over to the us during my leave, how do I go about it.?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TimofCanada: 12:18pm On Apr 11
Good afternoon everyone,

Please my initial B1/B2 Visa interview is today April 11th 2024, but I got to know on Saturday that it has been rescheduled by the embassy to the 8th of April 2024. Hence, I could not attend. Please is it possible to reschedule. I can't find the reschedule option.

Your response will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by akay49(m): 11:44pm On Apr 11
Hello all,

I made payment for MRV on the 25th of March but I keep getting the message that my request to schedule an appointment is awaiting approval since then. Any advice on how to proceed?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:51pm On Apr 11
TimofCanada:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please my initial B1/B2 Visa interview is today April 11th 2024, but I got to know on Saturday that it has been rescheduled by the embassy to the 8th of April 2024. Hence, I could not attend. Please is it possible to reschedule. I can't find the reschedule option.

Your response will be appreciated.

Call the embassy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:52pm On Apr 11
iyanuakin:
Thank you all for your responses to my questions
I really do appreciate
I think I’ll allow the Interviewer to ask for infos than refill another DS160
I didn’t pick a date for follow up interview on time hence why I couldn’t get a closer date
The interview comes up 26th o f this Month

Thanks once again

All the best. Have you tried to figure out why they are asking for an interview? It would help you know what to respond to during your interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:53pm On Apr 11
Panachesonny:
I have a fiancee from us online, we've been chatting for some months now, I'm currently working with Daweoo engineering and construction, she wants me to come over to the us during my leave, how do I go about it.?

It will be easier for her to visit you first.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:55pm On Apr 11
tundesto:

Very very unfair. Please may I know how to upload supporting documents to my US visitor visa. I will appreciate anyone teaching me this. My visa application was refused last month and I have to reapply.

Has the circumstance of your refusal changed? If no, work on it. If yes then go ahead. There is no place to upload documents on your portal. You attend your interview with what you think can help you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:58am On Apr 12
kaakaa:
It will be adjusted on the 11th of April but since it’s a holiday, am thinking 12th.

Now 259.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sanyalai: 1:48pm On Apr 12
Good day,

I entered my old passport number when I paid for my visa fee application on GTBANK. Please how can I fix this problem. The cgi Lagos office are not picking my calls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Unique2007: 9:58pm On Apr 12
MrMagnetic:

I asked the Teller at GTB today, and she said they have not been instructed to adjust the fee. I paid 333k this morning. It's well.

333k for a visa with 90% chance rejection😳.
Jesus take the wheel o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JohnZak: 11:33pm On Apr 12
The only thing you can do is to call and explain to them and see if they can change it. The MRV receipt is linked to a specific passport number that is why it is not transferable.

However, given the long wait times for visa appointment times now, it is not improbable that one buys a receipt with an old passport and shows up for their interview months later with an updated passport number.

Continue trying to call them and speak to a representative. Just let them know that you paid with an old passport number and you have an updated passport now and if this will be an issue. This is about the only thing that you can do now. 333k for a visa application is a lot of money.

sanyalai:
Good day,

I entered my old passport number when I paid for my visa fee application on GTBANK. Please how can I fix this problem. The cgi Lagos office are not picking my calls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sanyalai: 11:50am On Apr 13
JohnZak:
The only thing you can do is to call and explain to them and see if they can change it. The MRV receipt is linked to a specific passport number that is why it is not transferable.

However, given the long wait times for visa appointment times now, it is not improbable that one buys a receipt with an old passport and shows up for their interview months later with an updated passport number.

Continue trying to call them and speak to a representative. Just let them know that you paid with an old passport number and you have an updated passport now and if this will be an issue. This is about the only thing that you can do now. 333k for a visa application is a lot of money.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cashmadam: 12:24pm On Apr 13
sanyalai:
Good day,

In the past, several people have advised on a way out.

Simply take your old and new passport with you to the interview.

As long as you paid for the visa and booked your appointment with the old passport, you will be fine. It is expected that some people will renew their old passport before the interview - considering the long wait time.

Perharps others can help with more information that will be helpful to you.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by freshStarz: 3:26pm On Apr 13
Good afternoon guys

Please how much months or years is given for a US visiting visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13
flourishing247:

All the best. Have you tried to figure out why they are asking for an interview? It would help you know what to respond to during your interview.

I’m guessing my second trip
I spent 16 weeks
Had an extended leave off work
That’s what im guessing could be the reason
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13
freshStarz:
Good afternoon guys

Please how much months or years is given for a US visiting visa?

5 years

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by udy4real(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Be careful with that (your) invitation letter ! No reasonable, valid and genuine training invitation letter will come from USA without a commencement and ending date. At worst, it must display a start date if the graduation / rounding off date is not certain

2. That aside . Your only life-line is to apply for an Emergency Appointment (under Business Emergency ) with your training invitation letter, evidence of payment for the training and hotel reservation (or accomodation evidence) .

3. You however need to be granted an initial interview appointment slot (be it 2025) in your cgi portal before you can initiate the emergency application.

Best Wishes 🙏

Please how do one get an emergency appointment for visa for a relatives funeral in the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nuttycaptain: 8:56pm On Apr 13
sanyalai:
Good day,

Try reach out to them and see if they can update it for you.

But, from personal experience, this shouldn't be a problem. I got my new passport 3 days before my interview that year (received passport on Friday and interview was on Monday). Presented both during the interview.

Take both passports with you for your interview.

NB, the old passport number is also on the data page of your new passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:52pm On Apr 13
udy4real:

Please how do one get an emergency appointment for visa for a relatives funeral in the US?

Pay for visa then apply. After the application then write them. Everything is there on their website.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:54pm On Apr 13
iyanuakin:

I spent 16 weeks

Yeah. Most likely this might be the reason. Anyway you know how to handle it. Back up with official documents showing the extended leave approval. That might help. All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:06am On Apr 14
udy4real:

www.ustraveldocs.com
Choose Nigeria.
Every information regarding emergency appointment is written there. Get your information directly from the source.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:39am On Apr 14
udy4real:

Hey 🤠

1. The undertaker (funeral director) from the USA must write a personal invitation letter to you. He or she must state (in the letter ) the contact information and other details of the deceased as well as the date (s) of the funeral.

2. You must also present evidence (s) that the deceased is your immediate relative.

3. You will use your invitation letter from the USA undertaker to apply for Emergency Appointment . If you do it accordinly, you should be approved under Medical Emergency.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fohbnfoo420: 1:43pm On Apr 14
iyanuakin:

I spent 16 weeks

Did they give you any 221g form? There should be something written on it that can help you.

For some people, it's just simple finger printing that they need come in for. No big issues
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 7:44pm On Apr 14
flourishing247:

Yeah. Most likely this might be the reason. Anyway you know how to handle it. Back up with official documents showing the extended leave approval. That might help. All the best.

Thank you so much
I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 2:38pm On Apr 15
Hello everyone,

Please can someone advise, I had that it's less expensive to travel on flight from Benin republic to US than traveling from lagos.

Kindly advise, as I am asking for a friend.

Thanks

iyanuakin:

Thank you so much
I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 3:29pm On Apr 15
Hello Gurus in the house.

Please I need guidance on visiting the US for a vacation..

2022 while I was in Nigeria tourists visa for vacation was denied.

Currently, I am in the UK as a skilled worker, I want to visit the US for a vacation, what and what do I need.
Do I still go on a tourist visit on vacation or conference, if it's conference, then what conferences will relate to my kind of job as a skilled worker for Health Care Assistant/Support worker.
So I don't really know what the US embassy wants.

Please your suggestion and opinions will count. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KodakBlack: 6:29pm On Apr 15
Letter from your employer

Payslips

Statements

BRP

Itinerary.

The most important thing is the information filled in your DS-160 form.

I was not asked for any of these during my interview only thing she asked was my marriage certificate.

For London, their hand soft I swear.

Christabeliciou:

Currently, I am in the UK as a skilled worker, I want to visit the US for a vacation, what and what do I need.
Do I still go on a tourist visit on vacation or conference, if it's conference, then what conferences will relate to my kind of job as a skilled worker for Health Care Assistant/Support worker.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 7:33pm On Apr 15
Thanks for your response I appreciate.

So I can still apply as going for vacation then. If you don't mind I will appreciate asking questions when I intend to start, at least am happy have seen someone given. Because of a truth back then in Nigeria we have had 3 deniers and that kept me saying probably there's something I am not doing right.

Thanks so much

KodakBlack:
Letter from your employer

Payslips

Statements

BRP

Itinerary.

The most important thing is the information filled in your DS-160 form.

I was not asked for any of these during my interview only thing she asked was my marriage certificate.

For London, their hand soft I swear.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KodakBlack: 7:37pm On Apr 15
Yes, you can still apply. Just make sure you state the previous denial.

Whenever you’re ready just mention me, it’s pretty straightforward.

Ps: I do not have access to the email on file.

Christabeliciou:
Thanks for your response I appreciate.

So I can still apply as going for vacation then. If you don't mind I will appreciate asking questions when I intend to start, at least am happy have seen someone given. Because of a truth back then in Nigeria we have had 3 deniers and that kept me saying probably there's something I am not doing right.

Thanks so much

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15
Christabeliciou:

Hey 🤠

@Christabeliciou.

*** USA embassy in the UK is not soft and neither is she soft in Canada and anywhere in the world . USA embassy in Nigeria has the same mathematical rules and policies with those of UK, China, Cotonou, and others .

**** What worked for Mr A might go against Mr B because your profiles and careers are different. Don't allow sweet mouth to take away your sense of responsibilities and preparations.

1. Take it or leave it. If you just landed in the UK as a skilled worker (not up to at least 3 years ) your visa might be denied again.. ** Unless if your employer in the UK is sending you to the USA on business seminars, conference or short trainings.

2. Even as you are working in the UK, if you do not have any other tie (wife, husband, kids ) other than your job , then your visa success is even dim because lots and lots of professional workers from ExxonMobil, Banks, Toyota, MTN, NNPC etc with top salaries have absconded their jobs to the USA.

3. Check your profile and seek further opinions before you proceed. USA visa is not a piece of cake they share to you all because you are In the UK, Canada , Australia or anywhere. You have to follow and pass their visa policies and rules .

Best Wishes 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.