Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (55209 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / I Am Not Happy With My Wife Please Help / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by macmillanflora(f): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
I have been in this same position..very bad..
My advice, just try and protect her and please don't disrespect your mom in front of the child..just keep talking to your mom in secret..she will calm down..if the child sees you are disrespecting your mom or let's just say defending her..she will take advantage of it ..later..
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by PeacenLove2: 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

Many husbands don't firmly speak up, because they fear their wives will make their home "ungovernable".

Last December, a Nairander had this exact problem: https://www.nairaland.com/5591406/wicked-wife-didnt-buy-christmas

And his wife accused him of sleeping with their 15 year old house help, and stopped sleeping their room.

If you check the OP's profile, you'll see his other two post updates.

Still doesn't absolve them na. Look at the ones that hung the house help now. They will both bear the consequences. Who will care for their own children when they are in jail? What fate awaits their own children too in the hands of other people?

Why would anyone want to stay married to an unrepentant, insufferable wicked person? There is no hope for someone who refuses to change her wicked ways even when pointed out, going all the way to make false counter claims.

An innocent child should not be neglected to suffer in the hands of a woman because the husband fears she would make his home ungovernable. It's cowardly and selfish.

If you are married to that kind of woman, you just have to take a stand. If not for the sake of the child but for the sake of your own children. What goes around will surely come around, time is the illusion. Look before you leap, pray to marry well.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Longman8: 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
U have to sit ur your mum down and talk it out with her. I have in time past seen matrited children ending up being the pillars in the family. Wat i fear the most in everything i do in life is KARMA.Your mum should rememba that 2maro is still pregnant.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by jacobrufallo: 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
Competitive Commercial Carpet is a company devoted to securing overruns, specials, and discontinued styles of carpet directly from the mills. By selling this carpet for the mills at a largely discounted price they are able to free up their inventory and reinvest in new styles. CCC an online carpet company can pass those savings on to you! By using CCC for any of your carpet needs you will receive first run quality carpet at 70-80% off. Craig Wilson, the owner, has worked in the industry for years, most recently as a carpet manufacturer’s rep. Competitive Commercial Carpet buys from several mills and has every quality of carpet from low to very high. Some carpets have a limited life span for the low traffic or short-term projects with little or no warranties. Other carpets are manufactured and designed to last a long time in extremely high traffic areas and have lifetime warranties. Most of our carpets are made with nylon fibers to ensure long life. At times we have a carpet made with olefin or polypropylene fibers for those low traffic or short-term applications. Carpet constructions range from level loop, textured loop, cut and loop, and cuts. Located in Dalton, Georgia.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
crackkhaus:
Point me to a woman who can treat a child not borne of her uterus like he/she was her own biological child, and I'll confidently explain what a rare precious diamond she is.

Your mum is not doing anything unusual but keep correcting her whenever you can. Honestly though, I highly doubt you will be able to put a final stop to anything.
If your father, her husband, was unable to rein her in, you certainly will never be able to.

Keep trying...

Mum is like this, 3 of my cousins lived with us I was a year older than the eldest, my entire family especially my mom treated us equally that I became jealous at a point.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Keep talking to ur mom but do that in private and help that girl any way u can to become independent in life. U should also caution ur younger brother severely in the presence of everyone, if he continues like this I fear he my violate that girl.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
majamajic:
It's normal if a woman treats another woman's children a different way from hers, cos maybe she was not in support of the adoption .

There's nothing u can do here , than continue the love and accommodate the girl , as time goes on everything will be ok

Just keep up the good work , things will be perfect as time goes on , thank God she is a girl

U don't have human feelings. Her been a girl is even worst.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by majamajic(m): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
iamloyalty:

U don't have human feelings. Her been a girl is even worst.

What do u suggest pastor ?
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by crackkhaus: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
iamloyalty:

Mum is like this, 3 of my cousins lived with us I was a year older than the eldest, my entire family especially my mom treated us equally that I became jealous at a point.
She's one of the special few. cool
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
xrayj:
But why do women find it difficult to treat other people children like theirs? If it is possible to return the girl to her parents, u people should do it. Your mom won't change her attitude towards the girl. It's just better she leave
And you men are any better? Is it not a man who will marry a single Mom and tell her to keep the kids with relatives?
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by xrayj(m): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Chi59:

And you men are any better? Is it not a man who will marry a single Mom and tell her to keep the kids with relatives?
What's that on ur dp?
U want to seduce us cheesy
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Dannonye(f): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
God have mercy
A ten year old going through what most adults haven't gone through
Her weight shouldn't be an issue
How many 10 years old are body conscious
This is plain child abuse
Being body conscious when entering preteens
Your mum needs therapy honestly. Your dad can't change her.You won't be able to either.

Your brother will have esteem issues if not curbed.
Make the two of them see a therapist or counsellor.
That child has done nothing
NOTHING!!!!
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by nsiba: 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dganji:
More than ever am not happy with my mom.

I have this younger sister who was adopted by my dad from his younger sister (her father is late), she's just 10 years of age and I really don't like my mom's attitude towards that little girl. In the past when i was much younger, my mom had many quarrels with the mother of my adopted sister which I really can't give accurate count on who's right or wrong, but for the record my aunty (younger sis mom) is very troublesome no doubt.

She started living with us June last year and I noticed she's always very happy when me or my dad comes home. I was thinking it was because we were very nice to her, not knowing the kind of pressure she was going through at home.

Several occasions I have seen my mom saying too many harsh words to that little girl which I am not comfortable with but I've had to keep my calm. I feel reacting would make my mom hate her more as she might feel the little girl has turned her children against her.

The saddest part of it is that our last born who's 15 years is taking the same part with my mom in frustrating that little girl. Today Ilost my cool and reacted and truth is I'm not willing to continue keeping calm again.

My immediate younger brother (we are 3 boys and no girl) decided to start taking this my little sister out for jugging cos she's too fat. She always returns home crying cos of the pressure they put on her to jug. My mom on hearing her cry today came out and started beating her and saying hatefull words to her, including insulting her mom, calling her mom names which honestly would get any child angry if they are told same about their parent.

Out of annoyance I got up and shouted at my mom to leave her alone that it's becoming too bad for her as a mother to treath children like that. Instantly my mom kept calm and guilt was written all over her face. I'm honestly not happy about disrespecting my mom but I'm no longer keeping my calm.

There was a time when my dad had to take similar action against my mom and it didnt go well for anybody, the little girl suffered more hate from my mom and my dad wasnt really happy with my mom that period.

Returning that little girl back to her mom is never an option as the environment where her mom is very negative and would no doubt worsen her situation.

Talking to my mom calmy about it has been done by me and my immediate younger brother but problem still persists.

My worries are.
1, the little girl
2, my youngest brother who is taking after my mom
3 me disrespecting my mom.

Nairalanders your advice would be appreciated on this situation. I already have what to do in mind already but I will love to hear from those who have experienced similar situation and how best to handle it.

Show this thread to you mum and brother, but don't think of tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by toprealman: 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dganji:
More than ever am not happy with my mom.

I have this younger sister who was adopted by my dad from his younger sister (her father is late), she's just 10 years of age and I really don't like my mom's attitude towards that little girl. In the past when i was much younger, my mom had many quarrels with the mother of my adopted sister which I really can't give accurate count on who's right or wrong, but for the record my aunty (younger sis mom) is very troublesome no doubt.

She started living with us June last year and I noticed she's always very happy when me or my dad comes home. I was thinking it was because we were very nice to her, not knowing the kind of pressure she was going through at home.

Several occasions I have seen my mom saying too many harsh words to that little girl which I am not comfortable with but I've had to keep my calm. I feel reacting would make my mom hate her more as she might feel the little girl has turned her children against her.

The saddest part of it is that our last born who's 15 years is taking the same part with my mom in frustrating that little girl. Today Ilost my cool and reacted and truth is I'm not willing to continue keeping calm again.

My immediate younger brother (we are 3 boys and no girl) decided to start taking this my little sister out for jugging cos she's too fat. She always returns home crying cos of the pressure they put on her to jug. My mom on hearing her cry today came out and started beating her and saying hatefull words to her, including insulting her mom, calling her mom names which honestly would get any child angry if they are told same about their parent.

Out of annoyance I got up and shouted at my mom to leave her alone that it's becoming too bad for her as a mother to treath children like that. Instantly my mom kept calm and guilt was written all over her face. I'm honestly not happy about disrespecting my mom but I'm no longer keeping my calm.

There was a time when my dad had to take similar action against my mom and it didnt go well for anybody, the little girl suffered more hate from my mom and my dad wasnt really happy with my mom that period.

Returning that little girl back to her mom is never an option as the environment where her mom is very negative and would no doubt worsen her situation.

Talking to my mom calmy about it has been done by me and my immediate younger brother but problem still persists.

My worries are.
1, the little girl
2, my youngest brother who is taking after my mom
3 me disrespecting my mom.

Nairalanders your advice would be appreciated on this situation. I already have what to do in mind already but I will love to hear from those who have experienced similar situation and how best to handle it.
You have you own bush to clear. Go and get your own crib and face your hustle.
The day you mum will kill her and hang her like the other lady who killed her housemaid..... Nigerians will respond.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by kapitacity(m): 5:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Have You tried prayers? Yeah! I mean praying for Your mom. Prayer Works!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Edusouls(m): 10:01am On Apr 25, 2020
Well well you have a point shir, girl child u call it yes I understand but it won’t play out in every scenario, but why are women so mean and cruel towards another persons child? See women are the real evil in this life..
SweetCunt97:
Abeg times are evil for the girl child biko. I know who such scenerios play out. Nothing but reality
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Rumzyboy: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
Painful as it was to read, I can understand your mums behaviour but since you can see the wrong in her actions and others then you definitely can do something.
Firstly, calmly talk to your mum about how her actions towards the little girl affect YOU (she will be more receptive from that angle). Appeal to her to please consider her own children could be on the receiving end anyday and ask her how she would like them treated. Plead with her not to unleash her anger for the mother on the innocent child; Next engage your second brother and together both of you calmly discuss with your youngest brother and let him know you do not support such behaviours; Lastly, talk to the child and let all of you in support, together, let her know you have observed the treatment and dont support it. Talk with your dad too, if you can, to let him know how it affects you.
May GOD give you wisdom through this. Pele
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by MrCork17: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
lorhema:

In addition, reduce her sugar intake. Exercise shouldn't make her cry if it is moderate and gentle. And fun.

I'm not one for boarding school but it will help in this situation. Do keep in touch with her and continue to talk to your mum and brother about treating your sister right.

She's a child now but will grow up. You must ensure that she has good memories of life in your home so she doesn't walk away and refuse to have anything to do with your family when she gets her opportunity.

She is blessed. She has someone to speak up for her.

Please can i pays u 1000 naira cash for kiss,hug,romance, extra hug, pressing & mating with u please. Are u free this evenings please? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand / Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself / What Will You Do If You Get Home And Find Your Son Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.