Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) (59466 Views)

Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) / The Money I Saved In My Saving Box / World Trade Center Abuja On Fire (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by joysparrow1(f): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2020
So sorry �
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Bigfish121(m): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2020
Guy you for use luno nah.that I what i am currently using.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:33am On Apr 22, 2020
Nigerian People are the cause of their own problem, if I beg this man for 1k, he will say there is no money, NOW SEE what his careless has cause him? Infact, this World is truly vanity.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by BewareOf419: 11:37am On Apr 22, 2020
Why Still Behaving Like Your Four Fathers.. Sorry For The Loss
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by paix(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2020
No cause for alarm. Just take it to the CBN, as long as the serial number is readable they can be replaced. There is a form you would need to fill.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2020
Sorry Guy.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Debodimeji01(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2020
daddytime:
What a painful sight to behold.

Like say the money burn to ashes sef e for better pass.

I no understand why e go burn remain just to taunt the poor man.

I am telling you...
Very painful
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Origin(f): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2020
This ought to be replaceable by CBN given that tattered money are destroyed and replaced regularly.by the apex bank.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by okudaniel: 11:55am On Apr 22, 2020
Hope is not graphic burnt fire
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by ppogba: 11:56am On Apr 22, 2020
The way people have been saying "take it to CBN" on this forum makes me to wonder when CBN has started dealing with every individual tom, dick and harry.

I need to be enlightened on this please.

Take it to CBN indeed.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:
Nigerian People are the cause of their own problem, if I beg this man for 1k, he will say there is no money, NOW SEE what his careless has cause him? Infact, this World is truly vanity.
how much you don give people? Mtchew
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2020
stanliwise:
how much you don give people? Mtchew

The Bible says that many people perish because of lack of Knowledge.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by yankison(m): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2020
You should be able to take it to the bank to change or cbn �
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by JayPeeOham: 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
Next time use a bank.

Oga bank worse!...just pray say all these Lagos boys no snatch ur phone, u go no how far!
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by EagleDiamond: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
My dear friend pls take de money to CBN there will change it for you ok.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by JayPeeOham: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
danboy1234:
A man who has been consistently putting away 1,000 and 500 Naira notes in his saving box has lost it all after fire gutted his home.

The Nigerian man, Kelly Mark who shared photos of the burnt notes on Facebook wrote:

https://m./593937164113419?view=permalink&id=1336133563227105&_rdr

Bro just take the money to the bank maybe they can help...coz i'm sure disposing it off in ur waste bin will not be appealing to you as it will be very difficult!

Besides, there is no harm in trying,!

Once again take am easy with yourself, No think am!!!!!
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Geesaintagape: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hmmmmmm painful
Very painful
Sorry bro
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Maykach: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
Oga go and sleep s. Am currently cashless but I have cash in an account I only walk into the bank to withdraw from. So think we'll abeg
AlfaSeltzer:
Next time use a bank.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by NACE13: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
I wonder why most folks are bashing him, telling him to have stashed it in a bank. It is in this same Nairaland most folks usually break their Piggy bank (a.k.a Kolo) at the end of the year or when the need for spare money arise.

I also have my own Piggy bank where I just stash little cash remaining from the day's hustle or small cash gifts given to me.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by sweetmelanin(f): 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Set up a go-fund me account. I'm sure people will be willing to help out.
So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
very very painful. that's why it's good to pray, without ceasing. consistency in praying helps a great deal too.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by rosamaris: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
The bank can be of better assistance. In as much as the number on the notes are still intact, I think they can tell you what to do. Sorry about it though.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by donprinyo(m): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Village people is real. Bewarned!
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Mogajunior(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
In all Honesty, This is worst than Covid 19.
May God grant him the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by gentlesmithugo(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Imperare:

I really mind, cos you don't know me. Plus where do you live
am in the east,09060295612 add me with it.that's my WhatsApp number
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
ppogba:

Nigerians are too "charges" sensitive.

Tell them to pay security levy of N500 per month na wahala forgetting that the Flat screen TV or even your Phone that will be taken away can pay for the monthly security levy for 7 or 8 years.

It is a function of our mentality.

Exactly bro. How much be the bank charges sef? I even vex when they send me texts for all those little ATM and maintenance charges they deduct monthly.

One of my guys recently trekked nearly 2 kilometers from one ATM to another inside this lockdown because he did not want to pay the N35 fee for withdrawing from another banks ATM. I just dey laugh the guy.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Odogwu999(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
soetanoreoluwa:
Take it to Central Bank if you still have the number on the money
how is that possible
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by fraymite: 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
I'm very sorry OP. This is the kind of risk piggybank, cowrywise and Co came to resolve. You can still achieve your savings by doing so online. Try that next time please.
Meanwhile as a hardcore Nigerian, OP go and buy cello tape. Keep checking notes that matched each other. Cut useful part of one and then merge it with another half then tape it. You can still get some amount.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by BennyDGreat: 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Very bad. His poor risk management ability has cost him his wealth. We all need to take a crash course on risk management.

This is what some people will call to lose guard.
He would have saved in an iron box or put in the bank. In fact, the way we live need risk management apart from business. I know a lot of you reading this comment who lose guard on another key areas of your life.

1) Do you check your homes properly to know if there are holes where reptiles would come in to attack your family?

2) Do you check your doors every night before you sleep?

3) Do you ensure no wet floor for your kids if your homes are tiled?

4) Do you check for naked power cables at your home to avoid electric shocks?

5) Do you always check your gas cylinders for leakages?

6) Do you ensure no generator set smoke enters your home?

7) Do you keep fuel containers away from your home?

Please be careful. Please be safe. In life think twice and think of risks before embarking on any ventures. God bless you.

*RISK MANAGEMENT* Thanks for this post
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by lloyds(m): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
OrangeDream:
You are the only person that has said something sensible here. I was just analyzing it as well.

A savings box is like a silver briefcase with codes for locking. It is different from kolo sir.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
This fire burning down both government and individual financial institutions is it normal? Is this what 2020 is all about? cry
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by iniife: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Haha, Oga no be kolo money be this,no com dey scam us here jor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / How To Calculate Your Income Tax In Nigeria (Ugometrics) / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.