Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) (59447 Views)

Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) / The Money I Saved In My Saving Box / World Trade Center Abuja On Fire (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Rawhumper(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
[
You Are really a great thinker!!
I thought The Same but it depends how he folded them but like u Said d should ne folded somehow

quote author=SHOOLAH post=88720167]I smell lies here. lets reason together. when you are inserting money in piggy bank you fold the money because of the limited size of the hole. how come this notes are still standing straight and flat. i am expecting the money to be burnt still folded. this guy is just trying to play on our intelligence [/quote]
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Teejay13(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
Such can be painful

But then since it was not your life that was lost, my brother life goes on!

Just keep the struggle ongoing, you shall way pass there soon.

Lastly, note that the bank still remains the safest place to secure your money.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Reference(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
danboy1234:
A man who has been consistently putting away 1,000 and 500 Naira notes in his saving box has lost it all after fire gutted his home.

The Nigerian man, Kelly Mark who shared photos of the burnt notes on Facebook wrote:

https://m./593937164113419?view=permalink&id=1336133563227105&_rdr

You should be punished severely. Do you know how much it costs to print those bills. You have a phone and data and have not heard about a bank account.....?
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Dollabiz: 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
ye
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by SHOOLAH: 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nairasurplus:
I don't believe the money was in a savings box. Before you insert any note in a savings box, you need to fold it many times. Looking at the burnt naira notes, they were not folded at all. OP it appears the notes were not in a savings box.

Exactly my thoughts. But some gullible poeple here can believe anything. Smh
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by SHOOLAH: 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
Timileyin1234:

So, Na all piggy bank go look like ur village own

Please define what a piggy bank is Mr city man.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by SHOOLAH: 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
mayDtolu:

You made a mistake, Even if the money is folded in the box...Paper will surely spread under fireburn..

Paper will not spread and become straight like this. Na scam. Small time the guy will come to nairaland and start begging for help that its because his piggy bank got burnt.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by SHOOLAH: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
pek:
You can make your point without been abusive. What do you gain been rude to someone you don't know?

That shows his level of IQ
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:

The Bible says that many people perish because of lack of Knowledge.
you be mad man aswear. You no sabi talk straight. Always off point grin grin grin
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
NekkyCee:
This is sad. So sorry to see this. Please always put your money in a bank, it's safer. If your goal is to save without spending the money, you could deactivate your ATM card and online banking platforms.

Just go to a micro finance bank and activate a target account for the said amount and timeframe.

Were my MFB is located is so far off that the thought of going there doesn't even creep through my thought grin
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by habayommy: 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
This was one of the reason I started using cowrywise. Savings is automated and secure
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
1. Take it to your bank.
2. It should be more than half with visible numbers.
3. Service should be FOC to the customer.
4. The bank would be charged cash processing fee by CBN.
5. Customer can go to CBN, but it is a really long process and I won’t advise that.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by letitrainnow(m): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
Great loss. God help you, amen.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by officialfestus(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:
Shame. What happened to bank
stf up
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Duru009(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is painful !
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by supereagle(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
BCISLTD:
cool contact your banker ..thank me later

CBN is better. I don't know of now, but CBN used to change it in the past.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by mechanics(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
It's a warning to us not to save money at home.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by shiwex: 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
I believe you might still be able to approach your bank with the ones that still have their numbers intact. The ones that are destroyed and numbers cannot be retrieved are as good as gone.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
danboy1234:
A man who has been consistently putting away 1,000 and 500 Naira notes in his saving box has lost it all after fire gutted his home.

The Nigerian man, Kelly Mark who shared photos of the burnt notes on Facebook wrote:

https://m./593937164113419?view=permalink&id=1336133563227105&_rdr

Take it to central bank it will be changed for you.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by engrjohnson50(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
I feet join 2k with solo tape. Abeg were you day. After every every I go give u 1k and take the remaining 1k...and buy gari and sugar
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Very bad. His poor risk management ability has cost him his wealth. We all need to take a crash course on risk management.

This is what some people will call to lose guard.
He would have saved in an iron box or put in the bank. In fact, the way we live need risk management apart from business. I know a lot of you reading this comment who lose guard on another key areas of your life.

1) Do you check your homes properly to know if there are holes where reptiles would come in to attack your family?

2) Do you check your doors every night before you sleep?

3) Do you ensure no wet floor for your kids if your homes are tiled?

4) Do you check for naked power cables at your home to avoid electric shocks?

5) Do you always check your gas cylinders for leakages?

6) Do you ensure no generator set smoke enters your home?

7) Do you keep fuel containers away from your home?

Please be careful. Please be safe. In life think twice and think of risks before embarking on any ventures. God bless you.
Saving in an iron box is also not really safe. Iron box will be a good conductor of heat. The heat transfer would smoke out the paper money.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Datevilme: 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Look closely...those pictures are photoshopped
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
MostIncredibleDFirst:
Saving in an iron box is also not really safe. Iron box will be a good conductor of heat. The heat transfer would smoke out the paper money.

Great to hear, but are you saying the money would also get burnt? What will be the effect on the money? Please expatiate. If possible give exemplary cases.
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by larryking540: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Very bad. His poor risk management ability has cost him his wealth. We all need to take a crash course on risk management.

This is what some people will call to lose guard.
He would have saved in an iron box or put in the bank. In fact, the way we live need risk management apart from business. I know a lot of you reading this comment who lose guard on another key areas of your life.

1) Do you check your homes properly to know if there are holes where reptiles would come in to attack your family?

2) Do you check your doors every night before you sleep?

3) Do you ensure no wet floor for your kids if your homes are tiled?

4) Do you check for naked power cables at your home to avoid electric shocks?

5) Do you always check your gas cylinders for leakages?

6) Do you ensure no generator set smoke enters your home?

7) Do you keep fuel containers away from your home?

Please be careful. Please be safe. In life think twice and think of risks before embarking on any ventures. God bless you.

My father always warned me never save money when me and you know the govt can produce more and even destroy the value ,,, instead invest it in a business just invest it

1 Like

Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by larryking540: 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
izzy4shizzy:
ah! if na me the cut n join I go do o
for this lockdown where him even go sef

And funny enough the op go day follow people shut say no money
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by PrincessB1(f): 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Very disheartening
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by WiseStarr(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
If you take those money to bank, some things maybe done to it

They may give you something at least is better than nothing
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
Odogwu999:

how is that possible

Very possible provided you still have some number reflecting on the money. CBN will change it for you
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Unrated900(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
Buhari regime na so so bad news
Good luck era na so so good news

Name matters
Re: Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) by Bemby69(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
BCISLTD:
cool contact your banker ..thank me later

Make's sense to me .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.