Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 (54170 Views)

UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by mctfopt: 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
Why did it take the hospital hours to wear their PPE and attend to the patient? What is the hope of ordinary men in our Nigeria hospital today? How come the whole fear of COVID-19 disappeared as soon as the patient died?

These questions should be answered. Someone should be held responsible for this. How long does it take to wear PPE in an emergency? 1hour? 2hours?

Nigeria will kill you.

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by RTSC: 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by onome2013: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Rip
This should be thoroughly investigated, to avoid reoccurrence
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
And theu will say they want salary increase. Or that its because of salary increase they left the woman to die.
It's not their fault.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by moskidammo2020: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
May God grant you and your family the fortitude to bear this irreplacable loss.Amen.Take heart Sir.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Reference(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Now we're broadening the scope too far. We're speaking of doctors refusing to attend to a patient exhibiting classic COVID 19 symptoms because they don't have PPE, supposed to be provided by the government. Mind you UNTH is a government-owned hospital.

If we're broadening the scope then we should do it to include the doctors who have been infected because they treated patients (some of whom lied about their medical history) with the virus.

All this is caused by a lack of an all encompassing plan or strategy to combat Covid 19.

From where I stand you begin to get the air that the goverment thought this thing will be done and dusted in record time with little effect on the present healthcare infrastructure.

They probably thought it will be like ebola whereby a committee could resource the whole project over a period of a few weeks, but if they had studied what had hapoened in China and compared the depth of capacity to what we have in Nigeria, they will have quickly realised that this pandemic will need the mobilisation of thousands of healthcare professionals and hundreds of locations.

Unfortunately till now the scenario persists. We are fighting Covid 19 with not just one hand tied behind our backs but with just two fingers and a thumb. If the entire healthcare system is not MOBILISED against Covid 19, primary, tertiary, public, private, we are going to see what we have never seen before.

Covid is now at the grassroots. People are walking into their GP's unknowingly with the virus with devastating effects.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by RTSC: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
BTW, we dont sue doctors and hospitals enough.
We should start sueing.

So many have died from poor practice.

If I see any doctor or nurse near me talking about salary increase, I go tear am slap.

3 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by PeacenLove2: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
the doctors turned their backs at her and worked away without pity or compassion, he wept.

My brother, it has been going on. No preparation whatsoever. If you know how many abandoned to die by merciless people who call themselves health workers especially in public hospitals.

Stay strong and sorry for the loss.

It is a mess in Nigeria. Not even test kits are sourced. A rapid test kit would have softened the fear. Sad one.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

Our health workers suppose no be health workers at all. Empathy no dia dictionary. Yes, we know the government did not provide them with adequate facilities but then they are in the profession that deals with life and death. If they can't make basic sacrifices, they shouldn't be in that profession. Even US doctors are complaining of not having enough supplies, they haven't abandoned their duties. I tire for our people jor.

So for 3 hrs, there was nothing they could quickly put together to at least give first aid. Shior!

7 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by joejah33: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Iamdamifroshii:
I won't blame the doctors yet
WHY? AFTER ALL THIS EXPLANATIONS BY THE AGRIEVED MAN? WHY I ASK AGAIN
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Fiestafetta: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
The fear of covid 19 have killed more people that the disease itself

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Thane88: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dis is very painful
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Jaqenhghar: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
DominusPrime:

It's not their fault.
It's is the victim's fault nah.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
cry
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by RTSC: 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
In some public hospitals, dead body does not move them anymore.

Especially those terrible nurses.

Patients would be dying and they would feel unconcerned.

God go catch all of una one day.

5 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
PeacenLove2:

Our health workers suppose no be health workers at all. Empathy no dia dictionary. Yes, we know the government did not provide them with adequate facilities but then they are in the profession that deals with life and death. If they can't make basic sacrifices, they shouldn't be in that profession. Even US doctors are complaining of not having enough supplies, they haven't abandoned their duties. I tire for our people jor.

So for 3 hrs, there was nothing they could quickly put together to at least give first aid. Shior!

By the way, what is the Ministry of Health in the State doing that they have not equipped and prepared the health officials for a possible case with Covid-19.

The sluggishness, laziness of government workers baffle me.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by PeacenLove2: 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
Sheriman:
All General Hospitals in Nigeria has for years turns to Mortuaries

Pray make you no see reason go these places. Shock go kill person at the inhumanity there. It's like a torture camp where you see officials and their red hot horns. The doctors in my experience when you finally get to meet them seem okay but the nurses ... yeepa! And the werey people who keep cards.

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

It's is the victim's fault nah.
No. It's the fault of the system which did not provide them with PPE. No health care personnel is supposed to approach or treat a suspected covid 19 case without ppe. If doctors all over the world did that they would have been wiped off by now. Remove bitterness and reason logically my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by RTSC: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
That is why those rich people go to private hospitals.

Dem no born doctors or nurses well to misbehave.

But when the federal or state government is your employer, there is no quality assurance.

3 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Every nigerian is to blame for this woman's death, her husband, the dead woman, the government, the doctors, nurses, people at home, the taxi driver, the cleaner, the pastors and church goers, Buhari, uwguanyi and every nigerian who has The atitude of "it's not going to happen to me and my famlies" or the atitude of "as long as it's not happening to me, in my house or to my families i am okay" they are to blame.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by DanseMacabre(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Someone mentioned here that it was after she died they brought out PPE. Bros this neglect did not start with COVID19. This is their attitude even with your money you are treated like shít. I used to try and reason like you till I witnessed their bullshit 1st hand. I dont pray you go through what some of us have had to go through. My experience is part of what made me relocate from that country. No way my wife or kids will go through that shít.

I can relate with you bro. It's funny that you seem to think I haven't had similar experiences. I'm just being positive. As it stands right now, our doctors are the only physical barrier between us and this pandemic. They deserve some slack.

This would have been an avoidable death in almost any other country than Nigeria before now, but virtually every country that has peaked has had to turn back its citizens at one point or the other.

Let's just mourn and move on. But I still insist, if there's anyone we're apportioning blame to, it's the government.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by RTSC: 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
PeacenLove2:

Pray make you no see reason go these places. Shock go kill person at the inhumanity there. It's like a torture camp where you see officials and their red hot horns. The doctors in my experience when you finally get to meet them seem okay but the nurses ... yeepa! And the werey people who keep cards.
I almost gave one nurse a dirty slap with the way she was yelling at one old woman at a general hospital.

If not that my niece was with me then, I for tear that yeye lady slap.

No human sympathy.

3 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Simeonuche(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
What a country if you don't have money of connection nothing for you in this country
RIP
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Reference(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Now we're broadening the scope too far. We're speaking of doctors refusing to attend to a patient exhibiting classic COVID 19 symptoms because they don't have PPE, supposed to be provided by the government. Mind you UNTH is a government-owned hospital.

If we're broadening the scope then we should do it to include the doctors who have been infected because they treated patients (some of whom lied about their medical history) with the virus.

Look man. I was at a tertiary healthcare facility today. At the end of the day they were given 1, one, uno.... washable face mask that looks like a teenagers bra as incemtive to work or what....ask me

And guess what some were scheduled for elective surgery tomorrow. I wish to see what will be given them in the theatre. If it is not complete medical grade PPE then they are just playing russian roulette with their lives.

This is not a country that has anything near an abundance of healthcare professionals. Will it not be crazy to slaughter the few you have out of carelessness while those that survive Covid head for the doors....

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by apex1389: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
[color=#] 3451352[/color]
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
May her lovely soul rest in peace.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by chukwuibuipob: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
shocked sad sad very wicked set of Baztardz pipu,How I wish those worthless,soulless doctors are in North Korea,ah death straight
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by ephraim18(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
Is sad take heart my brother... May her soul rest in peace... Folks the most dangerous period to get sick or even die is now... Because every sickness is looked as covid 19... Stay safe stay heathy... Eat the little u have and help urself with exercise
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
The decades of accumulated incompetence, mostly due to 'man know man', nepotism, 'padi padi', greediness,, shabbiness, parochialism, scoffing at merit, cut and join, anything goes, 'who sharp pass', anyhowness, and general societal malfunction of Nigeria is being brutally exposed by this COVID-19 phenomenon. And I shudder to think that this is only the beginning.

From our political sphere to the academia and health practice. The story is the same. A quantum of mediocre, incompetent idiots occupying space without any clue.

Since present matter concerns health workers, I can only shake my head. Most of these fools are comically and tragically incompetent and unprofessional - just like 'professionals' in any other sector in Nigeria - policemen, soldiers, bankers, 'engineers', 'biochemists', etc.

It's a sordid situation that corona will help us expose. Maybe we will finally reach closure. Maybe.

4 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by DanseMacabre(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
gypsey:
Absolutely! but like the man explained why did they felt okay and the fear of covid 19 disappeared suddenlly immedeatly the patients died?

I don't quite get your drift sir.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by DanseMacabre(m): 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
xpool:

May what happen to that man befall you, so that you may understand.

Your type is the reason Africa is a cemetry

Just like that I thought you were reasonable all this while.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Acidosis(m): 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
OdefaGirl:

"“my wife, late Mrs Nkiru Alagbu, was a 35-year-old woman who developed cardiovascular disorder shortly after her last child more than a year ago."

We also have to take it easy with child birth/pregnancy. Majority of women in her shoes would develop some complications.

The thought of getting a woman pregnant after two kids would totally freak me out. I think it's some sort of punishment. Many in her shoes always have to treat some kind of ailments for a very long time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

SPOTTED: Airplane Seats Being Used For Visitors At A Lagos Hospital (photo) / List Of Nigerian Nurses Caught For Forging Educational Credentials In The US / Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.