Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) (23494 Views)

Hell Razor - Thriller, Suspense, Mystery+Extreme Violence ( Adult Content ) / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story, Love Happens By Laura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by dammyd46(m): 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
As much as I want Kayode and Tolani together they just keep drifting apart.. Weldone

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by blackmarya(f): 7:21am On Jul 20, 2020
Whoever did this to Tolani should be revealed and punished soon....nice update op

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
dammyd46:
As much as I want Kayode and Tolani together they just keep drifting apart.. Weldone
hun hun...*Winks*
Thank youuu
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
blackmarya:
Whoever did this to Tolani should be revealed and punished soon....nice update op
We all pray soo ooh..
Thank you *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
My deepest apologies to all my readers. My inability to release new updates has been due to circumstances beyond my control and to make up for it, I'll try to release a longer than usual update before this week ends.

Anticipate!!!

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 11:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
"Okay sir, I would try making it in a moment"

As they strolled into the hospital, they took in sight of Dr Roberts having a talk with a nurse at the reception.

"Dr Roberts!" Fatimah shouted out as they entered, while Dr Robert turned his neck to see who was calling him.

"Fatimah" He said as the corner of his mouth quirked up, "How are you?"

"I am fine ooh"

"How are you too Tolani?" He said smiling.

"I am fine sir" She said in a level way.

"So, Fatimah please wait for Tolani here while I have a chat with her in the office" He said, strolling up towards them.

"Okay, no problem" She said, as she tucked a lock of hair under her ears.

Pushing the door of his office wide open, he sauntered in, with Tolani walking closely behind him, he strolled up the window side and pushed the window-blind to a side, then ushered her to a seat as he walked up to settle down to his seat.

Propping his chin in his hand, he said to her, "so how are you?"

"I am fine now, but I had a sort of panic attack today after reading a strange text which brought back those horrific memories"

"Hmm, don't worry you would be fine" He said assuredly, "It would resolve with the healing process"

"I hope you have been taking your drugs regularly too"

"Yessir"

"That's good, I bet you would be just fine" He said giving her a thumbs up, "the Dr Bunmi i told you about is around now"

"I would give her a call" He added, as he dialed her number.

While he spoke with her on the phone asking her to come, Tolani phone buzzed, as a text popped in! It was from Chinyere.

It read:
"Hey Tolani, you didn't sound as normal today when I came around, is anything the problem?"

Sighing, she toggled out of Chinyere's text message, and shoved her phone into her bag, as the door creaked open, snapping her out of her reverie, as a petite young lady in her late 20s, in a ward coat with smiles dancing across her lips as she strolled in with her hands jammed into her ward coat's pockets. She definitely must be the Dr Bunmi.

"Hey Ms Tolani, meet Dr Bunmi" Dr Robert said, smiling as he looked from her to Dr Bunmi.

"Hii" Dr Bunmi said in a friendly fashion as she waved her hand, then settled to a sit beside her.

"Hello Doc" Tolani forcing in a smile as anxiety clawed at her.

"So, you would be seeing her from time to time" Dr Roberts said as he smiled, "She has been waiting to meet you hun"

"Owk sir"

"So, Dr Bunmi" Dr Robert gesticulated a over to you.

"Yesss, so Tolani, we could go talk in my office hun"

Kemi and Kayode sprang up to their feet as they rushed to meet the team of two nurses and two casual workers who wheeled a man in a stretcher out of the theatre.
Slipping him a curious glance as they suddenly discovered him to be their dad. Kemi blurted out, "Daddyyy" as she hugged the nurse.

"Huh, Kemi..." He groaned as he plastered on a smile, "Kayode"

"We love you daddy" Kemi yulped out as they followed them closely as they wheeled their dad.

They soon got him back to the VIP Section of the hospital.
Having nervousness swirling through him, Kayode perched on the edge of a chair, his mum who'd just returned from checking up at work, and Kemi were having a conversation with his dad. He was unsure of what to say as he watched their mouths move.

Soon a doctor came sauntering in, he happened to be their family doctor and Mr Randy's bosom friend who also worked at the teaching hospital.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked Mr Randy in a voice soft with affection.

"I am better now" He replied groaning, as he felt a gripping pain in his chest.

"You should rest well o, you would be fine by God's grace"

"Ese, eku itoju wa oh" Mrs Randy said to him in Yoruba, as he got set to leave.

"Kayode and Kemi, you both would go buy fruits for your dad at the hospital's market while I stay watching on your dad" She said giggling even as a smile tugged at her lips.

"Nice to meet you once again Tolani" Dr Bunmi said as her eye lashes fluttered, a smile dancing across her lips as she settled to her sit, "You can have your sit"

"Nice to meet you too ma" She said as she sat down then crossed her ankles in front of her.

"So, how do you feel now?" She said, slipping her a curious look.

"Humm, fine, pretty much better, just little panick attack this morning" She said as Dr Bunmi propped her chin in her hand as she listened to her carefully.

"I understand how you feel, it would resolve with the healing process" She said in the most affectionate manner, her expression sobered.

"I went throught this sometime ago, all by myself, it was horrific! I got abused by my then Physics teacher in SS2, I felt shame wash over me" She went on, then paused, "He made me take some pills and threatened me against telling anyone about it"

"I bore my pain alone, sunk into depression at such young age, failed my exams which got my parents wondering what exactly was happening"

"Well, to cut it all short, I would have saved myself a little pain, if I told them earlier, later did anyways"

"I'm sorry about it Doc" Tolani said a weight settled to her heart.

"Thank you, but I healed, and you would too, and you have in no way lost your honour" She said smiling, then giggled, "You are a Queen, Tolani"

To which Tolani giggled back as she hugged her self lightly, then she blew her cheeks.

"So, have you reported to the Police?" Dr Bunmi said as she looked askance at her.

"Nooo" She laughed, "What would they do?"

"I understand, but we can try hun? I think we should"

"Ahan ahan, no"

"I finally went up to see my Boss about my resignation today" Kayode told off to Kemi as they returned from the Hospital's market.

"Really? Why?"

Kayode giving her a guarded look, started, "C'mon, weren't you all clamouring for it? So?"

"Ahan, ahan, I'm sorry . . . , so how did it go?" She said, as she tapped him on his shoulder, as they climbed up stairs into the VIP section of the hospital.

"Hummm, the man doesn't want me to go ooh"

"Sha, take it lightly with him o" She replied him as they entered, their dad smiling as they both walked in.

"Kayode and Kemi" Mr Randy groaned, as he rose up a little, supporting himself with his right hand on the bed, "Thank youuu darlings"

Smiling, they both chuckled as they settled to a sit, after they handed the fruits to their mum who sat just beside them.

"Hmm, Kayode, how was work today?" He asked as his toes curled.

"Today went well sha" He said after a moment reflection.

"Owk, and yesss, I'm sorry for trying to standing against you in pursuing your writing career initially. I did it out of the love I have for you. I love you Kayode and I don't want to see you to suffer"

"It's no problem daddy" He said, as he felt the urge to tell him about the plans for resignation, but then decided to take chills for time being.

"Yesss, you have my blessings and supportsss son!" He said calmly as his eyes flashed.

"Thank you daddy" Kayode replied him as confusion seared his already confused mind.

"And on you joining Barrister Adebayo, you can only do if you choose too, I am not forcing you too. Not anymore" He said as his wife winked at Kayode who sat with a rush of thoughts swirling round him, then he rose up to hug his dad, "Thank you Daddy, I would do all to make you proud"

"Kemi, please bring those stuff for your daddy, so I can wash and prepare them for you to eat" Mrs Randy told off to Kemi as Daddy and son settled their differences. So they thought.

Soon the senior registrar doctor in charge strolled into the VIP section to check on Mr Randy.

While the doctor checked his vitals, Kayode excused himself outside, as his mind wandered, he got even more confused than he was.
If his dad loved him while he wanted him to try combine writing with law, it wasn't bad to do hun?

Well, perhaps he just waits to hear out Mr Babatunde before making any decision, or yesss, call Chike? No, Chike would start with his follow-your-heart melody again.

But what really was his heart saying? Could hear anything except from some pounding and thumping from the anxiety that swirled around him.

Then he heard a shout, followed by a scream, unsure of what it was he took long strides as he yanked the door of his room open, and strolled in.

"So we would seeing next on Friday, and we sure could meet before then if anything comes" She said, as he eyes beamed, "You can have my number too just incase you need to talk"

"Thank youu ma" She replied as she shoved her hand into her bag to bring out her phone.

"Don't mention hun, you shouldn't forget to take your drugs too O" She said as she collected her phone from her to dial in her number, "The symptoms, nightmares, horrific memories and the rest will wear off with time"

"Hun hun, thank you" She said as she tucked a lock of hair under her ear.

"So, that's it, you are free to go now, I think I should see you off too"

"Thank youuu" She said smiling coyly.

As they strolled out the office, Tolani's phone rang, and as she racked her bag for the phone, she picked it up and realized it to be Chinyere.

"Sorry ma, please it's a friend"

She slid up the receive call option and said into the phone, "Hellooo"

"Hello Tolani" She said in a friendly fashion, "How are you?"

"I'm fine O" She replied as she fiddled with her ear rings, "you nko?"

"I am fine too" She replied, "What's up? Did you get my text? You didn't sound good, jovial as normal when I came around honestly"

"You looked shocked to see in your office besides, is anything the problem?"

"C'mon, I am fine, honestly I am fine" She said in an assuring tone as she chuckled, "Please can we talk later, I am delaying someone now"

"Owk ooh" She said, "love you hun"

"Love you too" Chinyere replied as she ended the call.

"So, yes ma, I'm sorry"

"Ooh, it's no problem" She said, "So is that the friend you said you didn't want to bother?"

"Humm, yess"

"Yeahhh, I think you should o, she would so much of a support to you at this point"

"Yes, more reason why I don't want to. She could be too worriiiiieeed ehhn" She replied chuckling, "I would tell her soon anyways"

"Owk, ooh" She said on getting to reception, and Fatimah on sighting them jumped up to meet them.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Awww I never knew there's a new update o :-
Thanks for the update btw.. more wisdom

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
Interesting

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
becca2017:
Awww I never knew there's a new update o :-

Thanks for the update btw.. more wisdom
Hun, hun, you are welcome. Amen *Hugs*

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
Adeola25:
Thanks for the update
You are welcome *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
FlowerGirl040:
Interesting
Thank youuu
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Halo *Winks*,

My people, I'd just noticed that I omitted a little part of the story at the beginning of the last update, I'm sooo sorry about that please, so I would be going up to add it the part missed now.

Also the next update drops in a jify with a lirru-big secret bursting.

Anticipate!!
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by oyinella(f): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
anticipating o

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2020

"Erm sir, I learnt about your dad's illness" Lois said in a voice soft with affection as she clenched her fists, "I hope he is good now"

Kayode giving her a once-over as a line etched between his brows as confusion crossed his face, he wondered how and where she got that info from. Faking a smile, he replied her, "Ooh, he's better now"

"Owk, thank God, just learnt about it from Mr Babatunde" She said, "I asked about you when you left really early yesterday"

"Ooh, alright, thanks" He replied sounding disinterested, and just then, his phone rang. Shoving his hand into his pocket as he grabbed his phone, he checked for the caller ID then realised it to be Mr Abdulsalam Olaode, the production manager; Everyone's favorite with his ever cheerful attitude.

Sliding up the receive call option, he said into the phone, "Hello Sir"

"Hello Mr Kayode" He said, "Please can we see in my office now?"

"No problem sir, I would be there in a moment" He said as he took a glance at his watch.

Giving Lois a dismissive wave of the hand, he said in simple directness, "It's Mr Olaode, and he asked me to come meet him in his office now", as he took long strides while he strolled up Mr Olaode's office, while he wondered why he called him. On his resignation, perhaps? He thought as he got to the front of his office.

"Kpom Kpom Kpom" He knocked on the big brown mahogany door as he clutched his fist with anxiety swirling round him.

"Come in" He said in a deep baritone voice as Kayode turned the door knob as he opened the door, as it made a creak.

"You can have your sit" He said as he rushed typed a document, hit enter, then closed his laptop, "Good morning Mr Kayode"

"Good morning sir" He said as he rested his hands on the table, and crossed his ankles in front of him.

"So, I learnt of your plans to leave us" He said in a casual tone as he smiled, "But why?"

"Ahan ahan, no it's like that o" He chuckled, as he plucked at the cuff of his shirt, "I'd just decided to pick up the lawyer part of me again"

"Humm, I understand..." He smiled even broader as he leaned into his chair, and tapping his finger on his lips, "But you sure know we can't afford to loose you hun? Not at all!"

"Hmmm"

"Owk, now on a more serious note, what do you think about combining your planned legal career with being a part time editor here at Spirit, Soul and Body. We would be glad to you accepting this"

"Humm, thank you honestly for the honour sir, but please would you permit me go sleep over it and get back to you tomorrow sir?"

Taking a long breathe as he plodded into the sofa in his office as he crossed his legs. He became more confused than he initially was.

He became unsure of his decisions. Were they rash unrightfully thought out decisions? Or perhaps this' some hard process he has to go through while he thrives?
Oops! His dad who started all these seems to have backed off, with him being left alone to design his life as he wants. Wasn't that what he has always wanted?

Snapping his fingers as he tried to snap the thoughts off his head, but no, they wouldn't. Who does he turn to for advice?
Shall he drive off to Chike's place? Definitely not, his ability to get him more confused with his annoying mister talks of follow-your-mind is getting much more unbearable for him let alone at a time like this.

He could tell Mabel about it hun? Ooh yeah, she's being a really good friend long since Unilag days. So yess, perhaps.

Just then a knock went on his door as he got snapped out his reverie.

"You can come in" He said in a level way as he rose up to sit on the chair attached to his office table.

Raising his chin as he sat down, he mouth falling open as he realised her to be Mabel dressed in a pink flower embroidered gown that hugged her shape.

"What? Mabel?!" He exclaimed, "But you didn't tell me you were coming now?

"I didn't plan to jare, had little business in Ikeja so I decided to say hello to the Lord Kay of Lagos!" She said as she gave him a mocking bow.

"Abegggi jooor, you don start again" He said as he simpered.

"How are you sha?" She asked as she settled to sit on his sofa.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Hmm
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
becca2017:
Hmm
Thanks for the update
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by centmanuel(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:10am On Aug 01, 2020
centmanuel:
Thanks for the update
You are welcome
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
"I am fine o, how are your book sales too?"

"We thank God sha" She chuckled, then started in a level tone, "I really must appreciate your supports to my book promotion on your social media handles"

"C'mon, its my pleasure"

"Also, I would be inviting you to lunch this Saturday. It's my treat, you, me, and Lois" She said as her face beamed.

"Huh, you know I can't say no, but mheeen, my plate is honestly fullll"

"So is that a yesss?" She grinned.

"Well, let's see" He grinned back, "Erm, there's something I want to ask you ooh"

"Osheyy, what's that?"

"I plan on leaving Body, Soul and Spirit soon to taking up a job at a law firm, and I'm honestly disturbed about making a wrong decision" He said, "What do you think?"

"Hmmm, I would honestly say you should follow your heart, do what you think is best Kayode. I can't decide for you ---"

"C'mon it's just an advice"

Alighting the danfo, her phone buzzed, and on checking, she realised it to be a reminder she'd set for Segun's birthday party.
Letting out a huge breathe, she snoozed the reminder pop up. Ooh how tired she was, but no, she wouldn't want to disappoint.

She crossed the road in the regular Lagos daredevilry, then soon she heard someone call her name, as she turned her neck and looking up she realised it to be Segun.

"Hey!" He waved as a smile tugged at his lips, "I hope you haven't forgotten" He said as he shoved his hand into his jean pockets.

"Ooh yeah, sure" She said in a perpetually tired voice as she shifted her weight to the other foot.

"Hun hun, you sound tired O" He said, "Bank work baah?"

"Yes, yes, with today's hectic-ness on a whole different level" She said as she gesticulated.

"Eyahh, rest well when you get home ooh, the party is still 7pm" He said, I want to go off now to go get some stuffs for the party"

As soon as she got home it soon crosses her mind to give Tolani a call as she threw her bag across the sofa as she plodded in heavily. Grabbing her bag, she shoved her hand into her bag, she racked her bag for her phone.

Picking it up, she toggled into her phonebook, dialed her number, then held it her ears as it rang repeatedly without a response
Tucking a lock of hair under ear, she wondered why she wasn't picking. She dialed again, and she soon picked up at the first ring.

"Hellooo Chi Chi" She heard Tolani say over the phone in a tired voice.

"Hey Babe" She said in a friendly tone, "You sound really tired O"

"Eheeen, it's your stupid Lagos roads ooh" She said with a sigh of irritation to which Chinyere replied with a round of laughter, then started, "Hian, you should be used to it already now"

"Ehe ehe, you are telling me to get used to pain and stress?" She said in a curious tone.

"So, how are you generally?" Chinyere said as she thought of their previous conversation about her unusual mood.

"I am fine Chinyere, you know I don't hide anything from you"

"Owk ooh"

As soon she ended the call, she sighed. She would definitely tell her at the right time, that way she prevents her from being unnecessarily anxious. She was just being a good friend. Isn't it?

Just then her phone buzzed — it was a mail from Jimi Solade.

Clicking through she read:

"Hi Tolani,
Thank you for your honest feedback on my draft, I really do appreciate it and I definitely don't take it for granted. And yesss, this last episode was superrrbbbbbbb!, moreeeee please! I really can't wait to see Kunle properly dealt with!

Warm Regards,
Jimi Solade."

Toggling out of his mail as a smile tugged at her lips, she got a warm fuzzy feeling as she clicked reply her mind wandering on how to reply the mail.

Them she started:

"Hello,
Thank your for kind words, I really do appreciate them...."

Humm, no!, she shaked her head as she clear-backspaced it all, then started again;

"Hello,
I still don't know how to say this. I appreciate your kind words, and I don't take them granted! I feel honoured.

Thank you,
Tolani."

Then she clicked send, and sighed in relief as she dropped her phone on the dinning table and hugged herself lightly as she felt fully alive.

Not too long her phone buzzed again, and checking for what was up she realised that it to be a mail from the young bloggers award.

"Kpom Kpom Kpom" Chinyere knocked on the door to Segun's house as she gave her self a quick look.

The door creaking open as Segun opened the door, his scent of apple flavoured perfume filled the air. He was dressed in a perfectly tailored gray lightweight suit with a pair of fancy grey suede lace up shoes that could only described as sneakers.

"Hellooo" He said in a friendly voice as he gave a mocking bow, then gesticulated a over here, as Chinyere gaited on her heels as she walked.

There were about eight more persons in the sitting room. Surveying the room, she looked out for persons she knew.

Then she noticed the newly married always smiling, full-of-energy Lydia and her husband who lived up street, sitting down on a couch gisting and as they made animated sounds, chuckling.

"I really must appreciate you for honouring my invitation" He said as she settled down to a couch.

Her hands fiddling with the arm of the couch, as her lips curved into a smile, she replied him, "C'mon, it's nothinggg"

"Hun hun" He said clutching his chest as he gave her a mock bow, even with affection glowing in his eyes while she let out a light giggle as she tucked a lock of hair under her ear.

Just then, a knock went on the door as he raised a finger to gesticulate 'excuse-me', as he strolled up the door feeling a bit giddy.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by blackmarya(f): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2020
Thanks for the update....hope its not Femi at the door

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2020
Thanks for the update
More wisdom

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
blackmarya:
Thanks for the update....hope its not Femi at the door
You are welcome *Winks*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
becca2017:
Thanks for the update
More wisdom
Amen, you are welcomee *Hugs*

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2020
Turning the key in the door lock, it made an unlocking sound, as he asked in a curious tone, "Who is there?"

"Human being, abeg open door joor" The voice replied in a friendly-rude fashion.

"Funmiiii?!!!" He blurted out as he turned the door knob yanking the door open!, while she strolled in and hugging him.

"Thank you for cominggg" He yulped out.

"C'mon, my lirru bro is +1 so, nothing should stop me hun?"

"Abegggi" He laughed, as they held hands playfully while they walked into the living room, with Chinyere suddenly sighting them with a strange sort of resentment suddenly coursing through her as she frowned slightly. Making a steeple of her fingers as she slightly slapped her palm against her thighs as she tried to come herself off those thoughts.
"C'mon we're not together" She said to herself.

While they both laughed and chattered they strolled up towards the couch where Chinyere sat, the envy suddenly swelling up in her even again.

"Heyyy Chinyere, meet my Sister, Funmi" Segun blurted out as he stretched his hands towards her as she plastered a smile on," Funmi meet Chinyere, a good friend and yeah neighbor too"

"Humm, and yeahh our babe?" She giggled as she stretched to pat Chinyere on her back, with Chinyere feeling awkward.

"So yeahhh, we would be starting in jiffy, we're just waiting for two persons" Kayode said as he back walked to the center of the sitting room

"Thank you all for coming up to celebrate with ---" He trailed off as they suddenly heard something which sounded like a gun shot. Startled, as fear twisted his gut, his mouth turned dry.

"Isn't that a gun shot?" Funmi asked in a small panicky voice as it followed by another three continuous shots, while they all hurriedly lied down on the floor, with palpable fear.

Just then a knock went on their door, with Chinyere giving a I'm-dead-today look, as she shuddered. Then they suddenly heard screams of "it's me Ronke, open the door!!!", with Kayode giving Funmi, a "should I go open it?" look. It was horrific for Chinyere as worry snaked through her.

Rising up, Segun mounted courage as he went up to open the door, yanked the door open, as she strutted into the room, with fear crossing her face. Jolting the door hurriedly, Segun ran back to join them lieing on the floor

Then Ronke started, in a panicky voice, "I saw one of them when I got to the turning of the house, thank God he did not see me ooh, it's only God that saved me"

"The guy looked like those University Cult guys, well by his t-shirt" She said.

2 DAYS LATER.

Kayode heaving a sigh as he yanked the door of his car open on entering the house with the gate man hollering him praises, to which he responded with a dismissive wave as he strolled into the house, and made his way to his room. He had spent a whole day today working with one of the authors they finally picked for book publishing deal, Dr Jolayemi, of "Twice a Twilight", and extremely tired as he was, with a little fever feeling, he had to excuse out visiting his dad at the hospital today.

Turning the key in the lock, he opened the door, and strolled up his room, as he yanked the door open, removed his jean jacket in a jiffy as he flung it across the bed, pulled his chair out as it made a fuzzy sound on the tiled floor.
Huffing, he zipped open his bag, and brought his laptop and jotter out, placed them on his study table and plodded into the chair laced with a pillow for comfort.

Phewww! He let out a heavy breathe as he stretched his hand to pick up his jotter where he had written the outline for a short story he working on for an International Writer's Prize Award.

Rush-typing the story as the deadline for submission was in few days, he soon paused, heaved a sigh, picked up his phone to check out for unread WhatsApp messages.
Just then it occurred to him that he had a scheduled mail to send.
Toggling through to his email, rushed typed the mail, reviewed in a moment and clicked 'send', as a smile tugged at his lips.

Immediately he clicked sent, his phone rang, and checking the caller, realised it to be Lois.
Sliding down the reject call option as he sighed, he placed his phone on the table while his phone rang repeatedly.

"Daddy, forget it ooh, Kayode is a gooood writer" Kemi threw her hands up as she gesticulated while she boasted about Kayode's writing prowess to her dad who lied on the hospital bed, with her mum smiling widely.

"Ehen ehen"

"Yesso daddy, this one is not the first"

"I kn---" He said off as he suddenly felt a sudden difficulty in breathing, it felt as though he was breathing through squished straw with a weight placed on his chest. He shouted, "I don't know what's wrong ooh, I am finding hard to breathe "

While Mrs Randy hurriedly ran to call the nurse, he soon started to gasp for breathe with Kemi starring at him, while worry snaked through her as she rubbed her palms against each other.
The two nurses around hurried down to see what was wrong and quickly started chest compressions as soon as they saw him, "Call Dr Chike!" The older nurse shouted, as the younger nurse ran off to call the Dr Chike.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2020
New update alert guysss!

I also blog Tolani on www.collegeafrican. amongst my other my soul-thirsts-for-more stories! y'all should please check up (see the blog's archive) and subscribe to my stories buzzing your emails weekly! yayyy
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2020
Make Kayode's father no die oo.Thanks for the update Op

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Adeola25:
Make Kayode's father no die oo.Thanks for the update Op
Abi ooh, make we gather dey pray forram.
You are welcome *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by blackmarya(f): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by centmanuel(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
Good work OP

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
blackmarya:
shocked
Well...
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
centmanuel:
Good work OP
Thank youuu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.