Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) (23411 Views)

Hell Razor - Thriller, Suspense, Mystery+Extreme Violence ( Adult Content ) / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story, Love Happens By Laura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:43am On Oct 14, 2020
Adeola25:
Thanks for the update Op
You are welcome and thank you for reading too! cheesy
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:44am On Oct 14, 2020
Glory4567:
Thanks for the update
You are welcome o. Thanks for engaging cool
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2020
Touching a hand to her heart, as fresh energy filled her, she dropped her half finished food on the centre table, took a deep breath, and typed hurriedly :

Hello Jimi Solade,

Your words are kind, I really appreciate them, and my hearty congratulations on your blog!
We've got a long way together, thanks for the honour too.

Tolani.

She skimmed it through, clicked send, and took a deep breath, as she stole a look at her wrist watch, lo and behold, it was 4:30pm already. Ooh man, she wouldn't want to go late ooh.

Picking up her food, with her eyes widening, she rushed ate, rose up, as she took long strides into her bedroom to take a shower. In no time, she was in the bathroom, with the water from the shower cascading down as it went down with the stress of the day. In a flash, she was out, wore a jean and T-shirt, rubbed some liniment, took a look at the mirror and sprayed cologne.

Closing the door of the room shut behind her with her bag of clothes for the weekend in her hand, she strolled out of the house.

"Tolly Baby!" Chinyere blurted out on hugging Tolani as she strolled in.

"Chi Chi Love" Tolani crooned as they made their way to the main entrance.

"Ahan ahan"

Tolani narrowing her eyes, as they strolled into the sitting room, noticed a man seemingly in his early 30s, seated on the cushion chair in the sitting room with his legs crossed as he scrolled through tweets on his phone.

Chinyere spotting the confusion on Tolani's face, chuckled, as she tapped her playfully. "Ooh, he's a friend. Segun, meet my Bestie, Tolani!"

Rising up from his sit, on noticing them, a smile tugged at his lips, as he stretched his hand for an handshake, "Hello Tolani, nice to meet you"

"Tolani, this' Segun, my neighbor, he'd just come to help me check out my generator ooh, that thing has been giving me issues for about three days now" Chinyere explained.

"Ooh,.." Tolani said in a level way as she settled into a chair.

"So yeahhh, Tolani, Chinyere told me about you" Segun said in a friendly voice as he sat down, "She said you own a blog. I'd read through last night and mheen, I was wowed!

"Hun hun, really? She said as smile danced on her lips.

"Yess, you write amazingly well!"

"Thank youuu, so do you write too?"

"Aha aha, I have left that part of my life for a while now, I used to until well, life happened"

"Hun hun, really?" Tolani said in curious tone, "Tell me more"

"Yesso! I used to back in the University until I soon got busy with work on graduating"

They made more chit chats as Chinyere excused them to go off to check the food she was cooking in the kitchen.

Not too long Segun called Chinyere to tell her that he would be going, as herself and Tolani both accompanied him to the gate.

"Chinyere! And you did not tell me that you have gotten a new bobo. Is that life?" Tolani said in a friendly manner after Segun had gone, "Is that how we are doing now?"

"Fish! New Bobo kor" She grinned, "Segun is just a friend ooh"

"Ehen, ehen, you have joined the just-a-friend gang so?" Tolani said. "Na so e dey start now"

"Go away joor" Chinyere smirked as she gave a half shrug.

"Ehen, the guy is cool sha, knows how to make productive conversations"

"You are the one that knows ooh" Chinyere said as she opened the door.

"Don't pretend joor"

"Abeggi, Ehen, ehen, about the Lois girl, I'm really sorry about how I reacted, I'm so so sorry.

"Ahan ahan, it's no problem now" Tolani said, "Anyone would have done that too"

"Thank you!" She said in a voice soft with affection, "The beans should be ready, lemme go and cut the plantain for frying"

"Osheyyy! Our Chef, lerrus go and see what the Lord has started doing in your life" She said as she gaily followed her as her hands dangling at her sides.

As they entered the kitchen, Tolani felt her phone buzz and checking out what was up, she realised it to be a text from Kemi.

It read:
Hello Tolani,
I really don't know how much to express my gratitude for your coming today. It was almost as though you came down to take away my heartache.
PS: Kayode and mum are just beside while I type this text. We all appreciate you. Would call you tomorrow.

With Love,
Kemi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by oyinella(f): 8:05am On Oct 27, 2020
oremi, long time, updates have been really slow this days, we go protest o

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Adeola25:
Thanks for the update
you are welcome cheesy
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
oyinella:
oremi, long time, updates have been really slow this days, we go protest o
I'm so sorry, I would try to make up for the long wait. Would be updating in a bit! wink
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello folks!
I really don't where to begin, cos man this would be umpeetenth time apologizing defaulting episodes. Someone said I hoard them undecided
I am really sorry guys, and trust me I am BACK!

newest update drops in a bittttt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
3:00am.

Biting back a scream, a chill went through her as she sprawled out of her bed, with her chest rising and falling with rapid breaths. She'd just had a nightmare.
Making a steeple of her fingers as she tried to snap those thoughts out of her, Tolani slowly crawled back to sleep, she clutched her pillow tight as memories of her being assaulted rushed through her mind. There she laid, glancing up at the ceiling with tears running down her cheeks as she felt empty inside.

Taking a glance at the wall clock hanging off her wall, she realised the time to be 6:30am. Rising up, she made her way to the bathroom attached to the visitor's room, pushed the door open with her weight as she turned the tap open: the water gushing out, as it made a brassy sound. She cupped some water, washed her face, sighed as she strutted out and jammed the door behind her, making her way to the sitting room. Settling to sit on a chair, she crossed her legs and stretched to pick up a Christian romance novella she'd left on the centre table the day before. She twirled through the pages and brought the book close to her nose, to inhale deeply, the irresistible smell of a new book.

"Tolani" Chinyere called out as she strolled into the sitting room, snapping her out of her book adventure.

"Yess dear?" She replied faking a smile, "Good morning"

"Good morning" Chinyere said in a cheerful voice, "You don't sound good"

"I'm Owk, C'mon!"

"Tolani, just tell me what are you hiding from me?"

"Ahan ahan, I am not hiding anything" She replied in a brittle voice, "See just leave me alone"

"Tolani, there's something, tell me. Why do you want to keep this from me?"

"Sincerely there's nothing" She said in a teary voice as tears formed on her eyes while she fought them back.

"Tolani" Chinyere grinned at her as she settled on the chair beside her, "Tell me everything please, I'm always here to help"

"O-oh-owk" She stammered, "I got raped weeks ago"

"JESUS?!!!" Chinyere screamed, "Tolani, why did you choose to keep this from me?" She said as she placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm good now, I didn't want to get you worried. I promise I am fine, healing already and pretty fast. Seen a therapist and a Doctor"

"Thank God, you would be just fine. That dickhead would not know peace! Godddd"

"See Chinyere just forget it. I'm good now" She said as she plastered on a smile.

"Tolani, you always amaze me!" Chinyere grinned as she put a straight face, "But have you reported to the police or anything?"

"See just leave the police out of this thing, do you see why I didn't want to tell you?"

"I am sorry but..."

"Chi, there's no but, I am good I promise" She said smiling widely, "Seriously now"

"Hmm, owk, if there's any problem, please let me know"

"Small mummy yi sha" Tolani giggled, "I am really sorry for keeping it from you for this long, I would always open up from now"

Giggling she said, "Owkay ooh, Tolly Baby"

After they gobbled up some bread and egg for breakfast in silence, they got dressed in readiness of the hospital visit to see Musa, with Tolani replying her unreplied WhatsApp texts. Just then, a mail buzzed her phone. Clicking through she realised it to be a mail from Jimi Solade. It read:

Hello Tolani,

I sincerely can't appreciate you enough. So yeahhh, I got to push out my first content to the internet today. I am really excited and so so grateful to you for being a part of my journey. I would also be glad if you could help check it out and send me your thoughts on it.
Here's a link to my first post: gkfkd.wo.m

Thank you so, so, much!
Yours,
Jimi Solade.

Her mouth curving into a smile as she propped her chin on her hand, she thought on how best to reply him. Making a steeple of her fingers, she rushed typed:

Hello,

Thanks for the honour Jimi, I'd sure check it out. Congratulations once again!

Tolani.

She skimmed through and clicked send, ate her last slice of bread, turned to Chinyere whose gaze was fixed on her phone as she scrolled through posts on facebook with her food half finished in front of her, "Chinyere, won't you finish your food?"

"Tolani, come and watch this comedy clip ooh" She amidst giggles as she shoved her phone across her face.

"Who is this guyyy?" Tolani said as she guffawed, "He is sooo funny, Baba say incredibly stupidious!"

"Asin ehenn" Chinyere laughed, "And the guy is upcoming ooh"

"Wow, what's his name?"

"Brother Johnny!"

Not too long after, they were done eating and set to go. Tolani tucked a lock of hair under her ear as she gave her self a look on her phone's screen while Chinyere twirled her hair as she picked up her hand bag.

"Omo see fine girl!" Chinyere yawped out, throwing her head back as she shifted from one foot to another.

"Awwwwn" Tolani crooned as she hugged herself.

"Sha don't feel yourself too much" Chinyere grinned as she strolled up, and opening the door.

"Ehen ehen"

"So, yeah, off we go!" Chinyere said as Tolani strutted out of the house after which she turned the key in the lock to lock up the door.

"So, we're heading to the amusement park after visiting Musa hun?"

"Yeah, sure!"

As they strolled up the Keke-Napep's park, they sighted Segun walking down towards them with his hands jammed in his pockets. Seeing them also, he yelped out, "Oh mheen, you both look so, so amazing! Would you take me along too? lemme quickly change ooh"

"Go away joor!" Chinyere smirked as she bursted into a roll of laughter, with Tolani giggling too.

"Ehen, ehen, it is now like that abi?" Segun grinned.

"Shege!" Chinyere laughed, as she tucked a lock of hair under her ears, "Where are you coming from sef?"

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
Thank goodness Tolani open up to Chinyere. Thanks for the update sir and welcome back

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:53am On Nov 08, 2020
Adeola25:
Thank goodness Tolani open up to Chinyere. Thanks for the update sir and welcome back
You are welcome. Thank you for reading too cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Tutorial / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Which Books Are You Currently Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.