Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! - Crime (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (59771 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 24, 2020
theoneJabulani:
your bigotry was probably the main reason you were scanned. So all this tribalism. So for the loss, don't worry, you will make far more than you lost
I'm not a tribalistic individual i believe in equality but truely i was shocked that i got scammed by a yoruba, but i'm getting back more than that, For sure.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 24, 2020
rash47:

grin grin grin... An average eko afonja will scam you any day anytime
I know for sure scamming people is in their DNA.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Minemrys: 5:12am On Apr 24, 2020
jamael:
Funny scam when I was still a child.

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo (not too sure about this since was around 6 or 7 then.).

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

The next term, I left that school.

That was how I was scammed.
This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

Edit: For those asking about the 10 kobo I gave Musa, like I said initially, I don't exactly remember the actual value, but I know it was the change I had on me which was a coin. grin

Also, N 500 note was in existence as at 2003/2004 cool
lol, hahaha 419 is in the bl0od. I bet u dat musa na fraudster n0w. Chai, small boy with big sense.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Minemrys: 5:14am On Apr 24, 2020
catwalq:
Hahaha!!! Boy do I have a story??

Some guy made a post seeking financial assistance,I responded but dude turned out to be a fraud. Someone somehow erroneously fingered me as an accomplice.

Shit escalated quickly and got outta control. I had to go to the bank to print out my statement and post online, some people came out to vouch for me, some couldn't stop throwing stones. It was a harrowing experience.

That won't stop me from helping anyone though, as long as I have something to spare. tongue
nice one.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Minemrys: 5:17am On Apr 24, 2020
Godfullsam:

Did you vote for APC?

If your answer is yes it means you have bn scammed already.
the better question should be, "are u a registered voter?". Being a registered voter is a scam already cos i d0n't kn0w what u are registering to vote for.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Masky90(m): 5:18am On Apr 24, 2020
Have been scammed before by someone who I met and pleaded for financial assistance to bail his property from the police. I went with him to the station and waited outside for him to settle his case and pay back my money but he disappeared. It was like a film trick
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by CaptainMarvel(m): 5:23am On Apr 24, 2020
Ingriid:
I just got scammed in January. What a sad day in my life cos my whole savings went into it.I gave police the guy’s number and even his pix but nothing has been. I would ve gone into details but it’s a long story. My advise: if u live in Lagos, pls be careful of private cars running as commercial buses especially Sienna . Let’s be guided pls.
normal police station wont help. try force CID at Alagbon
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Minemrys: 5:23am On Apr 24, 2020
KAMORUSHOBO:
Only fools get scammed

See my signature now for a new info
n0t really bro. I believe u derive entertainment watching m0vies or get m0ved to buy a product that was advertised to u? If those stories can be sold to u, then trust me, any0ne can be scammed. That's why they call c0n men 'c0n artist'. It's an art, and it determines how go0d u are at selling ur art.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by GuestLog: 5:29am On Apr 24, 2020
Realfrankie:

Sorry, but
It is prompt and plain
Thank you professor.

And you nearly ran mad not run

Staysafe
E be like say you need Pidgin English For Dummies! Vol.1 (PDF)

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:06am On Apr 24, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You didn't even start with 10k. You wanted to cash out big.
my brother na long story o.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Tiheanacho(m): 6:19am On Apr 24, 2020
MMM
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by zedegit: 6:51am On Apr 24, 2020
Opexzy:
November 2018 I joined a whatsapp group via Nairaland to learn about mini importation from china. The group was created by one Jang or Ugwu guy, i am yet to find out the guys real name. He thought us well about importation and even gave us a starter's guild for free. He has a premium class that you must subscribe to if you want mentorship.

With utmost sincerity, the initial aim of the group was great, he never asked for money from anyone aside the mentorship class which was not compulsory.. Weeks later some members started the business and will always come to the group in case they need some clarifications.

I was just a floor member, I don't ask questions, I don't contribute, neither was I really interested in importation parse.

The aim of the group drifted from a tutorial class to investment when the admin introduced an investment program that can give you an ROI of up to 90% in 30 days in January, 2019. This was what got my attention, but I waited to see how it will turn out for the first set of investors..

The first 30 days came and he paid them all. This was all he needed to convince me that he was legit. He told us he uses the money to import goods and sells them in Abuja. We believed him because he was like a mentor to some of the newbie importers. His strategies were top notch and he looked so real and responsible to be tagged a punter.

Yes Punter... He was a full time punter with importation business as a side hustle.

Nobody knew this until March 2019 when he started giving different excuses as regards why he couldn't meet up with investors payday.

To cut long story short, I was scammed of 100k and the entire group was scammed of over 2 million naira.

Some of the investors that resides in Abuja...got hold of him, and were able to recoup some amount of money by selling a piece of land the guy owns in Nasarawa.

But me wey I dey stay for lag and also very busy... I just leave the idiot to God's hands..

His moniker is finestboi funnynation here on nairaland...

I am thinking of uploading his picture here... But i won't do that yet.

Modified

His moniker is not finestboi, but funnynation and he claimed to be an MC.. Here are some of his pictures.

@finestboi if you get to see this in your mention.. I sincerely apologize for the wrong accusations, It was an avoidable mistake. The guy in question actually uses finestboi as his whatsapp name. I will Make sure I get back to those that have mentioned this post. To inform them about this.

Seriously?
Funnynation, a fraudster?

Oga, is this really an April shot you didn't use on 1st of this month?

The dude even had a funding business and he delivered to me. He was honest enough then. Why this?

Op are you sure!?

Lhimeet

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by zedegit: 7:03am On Apr 24, 2020
Kobicove:

8 pairs of shoes for 30K?

Does that sound realistic to you?

Yes it does. Depends on quality.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by zedegit: 7:05am On Apr 24, 2020
Jullima:
This will be a very long thread o. I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 in 3 Nigerians have been scammed in their lifetime.

Yeah. Its even more painful when it's a sibling that scammed you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by zedegit: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2020
izzimus:
Yes, by this nairalander that claimed he was into importation and needed us to invest in his business and he would import some building fixtures with our joint investment money and then share our profit to us after selling and making profits

Only for the anumpama to collect our money and start telling stories of how he was robbed and all the fixtures stolen. We threatened him with police then the story changed and he started claiming he used the money to do betting instead.

He was a popular comedian in Abuja. I still have plans to arrest him if I ever catch him for now I will spoil his name everywhere I possibly can until he returns my money.

MC funnynation, real name Moses Ugwu, better hope covid 19 kills your miserable soul because if I know where you dey you go sleep for prison for at least a year. Animal

First person was opexzy. I had to scroll back to confirm.

You mean 2 of you were scammed by same funnynation?

Lhimeet
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Burchester: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2020
Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by zedegit: 7:18am On Apr 24, 2020
unikprince:
2019 Ocrober, my younger sister that have been job hunting in Lagos happily called me that she has gotten a job with a forex trading company called PENNUEL MANAGEMENT LTD as one of their marketers. Being a big bro that would want to support my sister to make high commission for her first month at work, I invested #500k hoping to get #625k by November and also make her get some good commission. Two weeks later she called me and started crying that their ogas have all ran away with people's money.

I find tears to cry I no see embarassed embarassed embarassed. Na so my hard earned five hundred thousand naira use enter water.

Thats the kind of scam that pains most. You were indirectly scammed by your sister albeit unintentionally but case more painful is intentionally.

Some faked their kidnap to scam parents that year. Parents used police on the boy. when bubble burst that their Angelic fine face was an accomplice they had to sweep everything under but not before everyone knew cos it became a state case as Dad was a top government official.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by AkumTemi: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2020
bluefilm:

Okay, i understand now.

But you suppose transfer at least small to am at the end of the day as per say naim bring the business las las... abi no be so? grin

You will be surprise to hear that we agreed to supply at the price of 210/ litre but he discussed 175/litre with the people we supplied all because he was up to something dubious at the end of the day we sold that product far less than 210/litre and our company ran at a loss.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by zedegit: 7:22am On Apr 24, 2020
arthorjnr:

Fell victim of the data scam this afternoon, I even tipped the guy.
I was more angry at myself for being broke and looking for cheap data.

Hustle o.

Cheap data? If you wanted download you could buy bigger data at smaller amount. Like something like #300 for 2 gig last 2 days format. Google particular network data bundle.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by VictorDeWriter(m): 7:22am On Apr 24, 2020
darhray:
Mine

There was a guy selling goods online, he advised me on how lucrative the business was and told me I will be ordering shoes from China and resell at a great price here. He told me a site and said he will be the one to do the process.

To cut it short, I gave him 30k for 8 shoes, this guy say them don lockdown and hin don send money before them lockdown. I dey wait small time before i go arrest am.

I don't think this one is scam, because I also ordered wrist watch and some gadgets on Aliexpress but my goods are still in China, and I don't think I'll get them until after this lockdown. Just tell the person to show you the proof that he actually ordered it and the tracking.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by demoBaba: 7:22am On Apr 24, 2020
Zakarisammy:
Have been scammed so many times even in nairaland here, because of fixed match. But on a serious note, are there fixed match?

Fixed don't exist
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by zedegit: 7:25am On Apr 24, 2020
oyejideogunjumo:
Scammers play on peoples inteligence and gulibility. Imagine 8 pairs of shoes for 30k not even up to 4k per pair. If there is profit so much on shoe selling or any other business for that matter every One will be riding jeep. If you are content it wont be easy to be scammed. Contentment does not mean you should not struggle to make it but it will teach you not to rush

Being scammed has nothing to do with contentment.

Do you know your father, mother, siblings, tight mannest buddies, even workers can scam you?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by umarfantami(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2020
KAMORUSHOBO:
Only fools get scammed

See my signature now for a new info
Seconded

Only fools and gready get scammed
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bluefilm: 7:31am On Apr 24, 2020
AkumTemi:

You will be surprise to hear that we agreed to supply at the price of 210/ litre but he discussed 175/litre with the people we supplied all because he was up to something dubious at the end of the day we sold that product far less than 210/litre and our company ran at a loss.

Chai.

But why couldn't you guys re-negotiate?

Or were you guys afraid of losing the business entirely?

Well sha, I guess it's just one of those things in life.

We learn everyday from different experiences.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Sermwell(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2020
PervertProphet:

My only question to you too is what of those born in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, etcetera who were born to Muslim Parents and on their own came to Jesus Christ. Individuals who were highly trained in the finest of Islamic education. They turned to Jesus Christ with death threats on their heads.
Several of them like Samer Mohammed, Mohammad Yamout, etcetera who have still gone to these places with death on them at any particular time but still with love reaching out to other Muslims the gospel of Jesus Christ.

How about that?
you are very funny I swear!! How about those Christans who became Muslims?? don't we have Christians like Mohamed Alli and others who became Muslims?? I don't blame you as everyone including Buddhist, atheists etc will use every opportunity to claim their believe is best and the right one!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by demoBaba: 7:40am On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

Lol cheesy
Do you know I just forgave this guy recently after how many years, even after getting married to my own husband. angry
Forgiveness heals!! smiley
But guilt will always prick his heart.

You're good to go my sister.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by AkumTemi: 7:43am On Apr 24, 2020
bluefilm:

Chai.

But why couldn't you guys re-negotiate?

Or were you guys afraid of losing the business entirely?

Well sha, I guess it's just one of those things in life.

We learn everyday from different experiences.

We could have renegotiated as you said,but they waited for us to finish discharging the product before we realized that the guy was not real and to take our products back won't work as it can't be complete when loaded back.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by onajo2000(m): 8:01am On Apr 24, 2020
I have been scammed in Nairaland in 2008 by gloaded
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Realfrankie(m): 8:29am On Apr 24, 2020
GuestLog:
Thank you professor.

E be like say you need Pidgin English For Dummies! Vol.1 (PDF)

Your head too dey shake, na it make you the confuse anyhow
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by unikprince(m): 8:43am On Apr 24, 2020
zedegit:

Thats the kind of scam that pains most. You were indirectly scammed by your sister albeit unintentionally but case more painful is intentionally.

Some faked their kidnap to scam parents that year. Parents used police on the boy. when bubble burst that their Angelic fine face was an accomplice they had to sweep everything under but not before everyone knew cos it became a state case as Dad was a top government official.
Can't rule out that, but in this case even my sister's husband lost 200k to them, my sister is an honest born again Christian who was looking for means to support her husband after they just got married last year. She quit her job in okota to go stay with her husband in another (distanct) part of Lagos. So in trying to be a supportive wife, she ended up adding more pains to her family and ours too.

I felt sorry for her sha.

I also lost 200k to The billion coins (TBC) introduced to me by my boss's lawyer since 2017, my boss lost millions of naira to that.

MMM own na no go area lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by cutedharmee: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2020
finalboss:
Not really scam, but I sent airtime to a wrong number I called the number to see if the idiot would pick my call. Which he did

He replied saying I should respect myself that he was even abt to buy recharge card when mine entered.

grin grin I was just laughing.

Also lost some bitcoin to one of my verified merchants, After selling she refused to credit me.
She said :- them no they catch breeze cause she dy ireland
Nah even she? Heartless beast

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Rivers State University Finalist Gunned Down By Rival Cultists On Campus (Photo) / Bouncer Shot Dead At Orange Room Nite Club In Owerri (Graphic Photo) / Nigerian Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband In Houston, Texas ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.