Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:31 PM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! - Crime (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (61128 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chuky7(m): 8:54pm On May 08, 2020
Beey:
Hahaa, been here for years and there’s many of us here. I was looking for Nigerian websites & came across this one. I joined & have been here ever since.

wow...since 2017...

many you say...you know the name's of the other monikers?

wait what country you at now? state?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by MumDiamond: 9:34pm On May 08, 2020
biggal:

Thanks dear. All my business is online and 99%payment after delivery. God has been blessing me through it.

Hello ma’am

I sent you a PM. Can I get your contact please?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 12:54am On May 09, 2020
Chuky7:

wow...since 2017...

many you say...you know the name's of the other monikers?

wait what country you at now? state?
No, I joined in 2011. Yes I know some. You won’t see them till they start Rubbishing Kenya & we come out like a mighty army. I am back home. Currently living in Nairobi.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by biggal: 1:14pm On May 09, 2020
MumDiamond:

Hello ma’am

I sent you a PM. Can I get your contact please?

Please this is it 0811129401 1
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chuky7(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2020
Beey:
No, I joined in 2011. Yes I know some. You won’t see them till they start Rubbishing Kenya & we come out like a mighty army. I am back home. Currently living in Nairobi.

Lol guess I will have to set a date to rubbish kenya I need to see Kenya's lions.

How's kenya during these times anyway...am sure you read of how Nigerians are not good in following laws especially the stay at home...

Are Kenyans more organized
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 5:01pm On May 09, 2020
Chuky7:

Lol guess I will have to set a date to rubbish kenya I need to see Kenya's lions.

How's kenya during these times anyway...am sure you read of how Nigerians are not good in following laws especially the stay at home...

Are Kenyans more organized
It’s been an interesting time. No traffic in & out of the city of Nairobi. Funerals are attended by 15 people only with a government permit needed to let them travel out of Nairobi or elsewhere.Even at that , some have been so dramatic. Some people faked a burial in order to be allowed to travel out of Nairobi. They hired a car & travelled to Western Kenya with an empty casket. Villagers gathered to mourn the dead & requested to view the casket. It was empty obviously so they reported to the police. The hired driver tested positive for Covid 19 & contact tracing began. Uhuru Kenyatta is not playing games, all offenders will be serving jail time including a deputy governor & a Catholic priest who disobeyed self quarantine rules after travel. We’ve also seen the police madness & brutality. Crazy lot! As they say, every market has a mad person. For the most part, people have abided by the rules. As for Kenyans, give us a try grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chuky7(m): 5:44pm On May 09, 2020
Beey:
It’s been an interesting time. No traffic in & out of the city of Nairobi. Funerals are attended by 15 people only with a government permit needed to let them travel out of Nairobi or elsewhere.Even at that , some have been so dramatic. Some people faked a burial in order to be allowed to travel out of Nairobi. They hired a car & travelled to Western Kenya with an empty casket. Villagers gathered to mourn the dead & requested to view the casket. It was empty obviously so they reported to the police. The hired driver tested positive for Covid 19 & contact tracing began. Uhuru Kenyatta is not playing games, all offenders will be serving jail time including a deputy governor & a Catholic priest who disobeyed self quarantine rules after travel. We’ve also seen the police madness & brutality. Crazy lot! As they say, every market has a mad person. For the most part, people have abided by the rules. As for Kenyans, give us a try grin

This is hilarious...funniest story I heard in days...burial scam you say...
humans are stubborn sha

but those villagers no try, they no fit cooperate or they were expecting small oil to lubricate they hands.

Uhuru Kenyatta been a while I heard news from him(been reading less international blogs)...I think he has been ruling for years now n kenya seems to be doing good economic wise...correct me if I'm wrong.

he should try sha...or corona will carry Africa to the Caribbeans.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 5:53pm On May 09, 2020
Chuky7:

This is hilarious...funniest story I heard in days...burial scam you say...
humans are stubborn sha

but those villagers no try, they no fit cooperate or they were expecting small oil to lubricate they hands.

Uhuru Kenyatta been a while I heard news from him(been reading less international blogs)...I think he has been ruling for years now n kenya seems to be doing good economic wise...correct me if I'm wrong.

he should try sha...or corona will carry Africa to the Caribbeans.
As for the villagers, they too are scared of corona. Uhuru Kenyatta is the son of the 1st president of Kenya, Jomo Kenyatta. He’s now on his 2nd & final term as the constitution allows a president just two terms.As for the economy, people been complaining of things being tough even before corona, but you know people hardly praise a president while in power. It’s only after they’ve vacated the seast that people begin to say what a nice president he/she was.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by MumDiamond: 6:04pm On May 09, 2020
biggal:

Please this is it .....
Got it! Messaging you now.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chuky7(m): 6:08pm On May 09, 2020
Beey:
As for the villagers, they too are scared of corona. Uhuru Kenyatta is the son of the 1st president of Kenya, Jomo Kenyatta. He’s now on his 2nd & final term as the constitution allows a president just two terms.As for the economy, people been complaining of things being tough even before corona, but you know [b]people hardly praise a president while in power[\b]. It’s only after they’ve vacated the seast that people begin to say what a nice president he/she was.

lol @bolded so true even obama had same experience...maybe we will see trumps good too when he leaves or gets indicted.

so presidency is a family business there...I always hear kenyatta that's why I asked. I can see why now.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 6:24pm On May 09, 2020
Chuky7:

lol @bolded so true even obama had same experience...maybe we will see trumps good too when he leaves or gets indicted.

so presidency is a family business there...I always hear kenyatta that's why I asked. I can see why now.
Interestingly, after the Senior Kenyatta’s death, his family wasn’t involved in politics. When Moi was leaving power, he introduced Uhuru to Kenyans. He failed the first time he vied & Kibaki ruled for two terms.Thereafter, Uhuru ran again & succeeded in 2012.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chuky7(m): 9:30pm On May 09, 2020
Beey:
Interestingly, after the Senior Kenyatta’s death, his family wasn’t involved in politics. When Moi was leaving power, he introduced Uhuru to Kenyans. He failed the first time he vied & Kibaki ruled for two terms.Thereafter, Uhuru ran again & succeeded in 2012.

ohh didn't know there was someone else after kenyatta snr...

good to know tho...

I just hope corona gives me space I'm in need of changing location...maybe I'll consider coming to kenya
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 10:55pm On May 09, 2020
Chuky7:

good to know tho...

I just hope corona gives me space I'm in need of changing location...maybe I'll consider coming to kenya
You are welcome.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by ekwerendi(m): 6:30am On May 10, 2020
GabbieGold:
I was scammed by a guy, which up till now I don't know anything about him, he said, his into Google Admob, creating app for people to earn and he showed me packages of the app then I choose app of 10k, he should help me create the app, he said that I will earn very well and be collecting money every 21st of every month but I was scammed because I dnt receive any money and the so called app did not pay me. But my 10k was gone. cry

Same here, till today the guy has gone comatose... No communication, he kept assuring me that I will earn, even upto a week I subscribed, but till date he has abandoned his WhatsApp
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by chuckingTHINGS(m): 9:52pm On May 16, 2020
If you need help on setting up anything shopify and ecommerce or Paypal, I got you.

Just google this: How To Setup your Free Shopify Store For Free without Ever Paying anything!

or thinking of opening your own Nigerian PayPal account?

Get The Complete Guide: How To Open, Send And Receive PayPal Funds In Nigeria totally for Free

Check my Signature....braaa

This offer is strictly for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 27, 2020
RAGGA40:
I know for sure scamming people is in their DNA.
ofcourse e dey their DNA.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 10:49am On May 28, 2020
Masky90:
Have been scammed before by someone who I met and pleaded for financial assistance to bail his property from the police. I went with him to the station and waited outside for him to settle his case and pay back my money but he disappeared. It was like a film trick
This ur story make me laugh fall.. so u were,waiting for him there while he was some where cooling off grin ?
As u no come see am hope u didn't enter the station to ask the npf his whereabout grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by picaso313(m): 7:51am On Jun 01, 2020
anthonyuncle:

if u stay around da mainland, chat me up & I'll teach u for free
let me have your whatsapp contacf please
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
Years ago, I was scammed by one fake guy that claimed to sell data here on Nairaland.....

Sent him money and the guy Blocked me...

It was funny tho!

Another one I Experienced was a kind a Karma..

While in my University days, I had a friend who loved one lady. Back then I was known as Chics Man and It was through me he could meet the girl. I ate my friends in the Name of the lady.

My friend later got to known and other guys laughed at him..

After university, A lady did Exactly the same thing to me..

I wanted to flare up but I remembered wat I did to my Friend back in school..

I knew karma had hit me.. I kuku carry my cross and Moved on..

Today Having JESUS CHRIST has Totally Turned my life Around..

I Look back at those days and I say Thank you LORD for the What I am Today..

Karma ain't joke mehn

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Righteousness89(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:

Karma ain't joke mehn

At all bro.... it's So Real!
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by anthonyuncle(m): 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
picaso313:
let me have your whatsapp contacf please

send me a mail
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by cooldipo(m): 3:35am On Jun 26, 2020
Greatzeus:

Those guys will be the hungriest Nigerians alive after lockdown. They live on daily income. Please be careful na express you dey go so grin Make dey no go transfer lockdown aggression on your head oh grin

Hello there, i sell powerbank for laptop, phones, mtn wifi modem occassionally they may develop fault due to various reason which may vary from the type and current of charger used, heat and voltage spike. The good thing is that your seller should be able to offer quick repair and you should be fine.I am have to modify my new set of laptop powerbank against the current and heating issue because customer always want a fast charger...in case you need further help as regards powerbank issue.....feel free to reach out to me on whats.ap.p +2348.06531.6307
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bankulizer: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Beey:

I have been to Nairobi and Mombasa few times for business holidays. Kenyans are very organized. Nairobi is a beautiful city especially Upper Nairobi, kileleshwa and co. Omg, English Point Marina Hotel in Mombasa is sweeeeet...Sweet Trips.. Corona, why?

Chuky7:

good to know tho...

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bankulizer: 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
bankulizer:

I have been to Nairobi and Mombasa few times for business holidays. Kenyans are very organized. Nairobi is a beautiful city especially Upper Nairobi, kileleshwa and co. Omg, English Point Marina Hotel in Mombasa is sweeeeet... Go by train from Nairobi to Mombasa instead of flying....Sweet Trips.. Corona, why?

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
bankulizer:

I have been to Nairobi and Mombasa few times for business holidays. Kenyans are very organized. Nairobi is a beautiful city especially Upper Nairobi, kileleshwa and co. Omg, English Point Marina Hotel in Mombasa is sweeeeet...Sweet Trips.. Corona, why?

Oh nice to hear you’ve been to Nairobi.Yes it’s a beautiful city but I don’t know if you got to board a matatu with their music? grin. Nigeria is on my bucket list & I hope that one day the dream will come true.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bankulizer: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Beey:
Oh nice to hear you’ve been to Nairobi.Yes it’s a beautiful city but I don’t know if you got to board a matatu with their music? grin. Nigeria is on my bucket list & I hope that one day the dream will come true.

Yes i did board designed matatus with music, some with screens. I boarded one near that tall building that was bombed but rebuilt. I can't remember the name of that area. Someone actually took me there to see the buiIding. I took Bodaboda too. Then Mpessa is a nice fintech.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chuky7(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2020
bankulizer:

You from Kenya? or Nigeria?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bankulizer: 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chuky7:

You from Kenya? or Nigeria?

Nigeria.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Chuky7(m): 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
bankulizer:

Nigeria.

okay nice...

can't wait for corona to vamoose so I can hit those wonderful Kenyan cities...

By the way if I may ask what kind of work you do that gets you traveling to kenya...

just curious...
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Beey(f): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
bankulizer:

Yes i did board designed matatus with music, some with screens. I boarded one near that tall building that was bombed but rebuilt. I can't remember the name of that area. Someone actually took me there to see the buiIding. I took Bodaboda too. Then Mpessa is a nice fintech.
The cooperative building or the one next to it called Times tower? Anyway, There’s one matatu I liked. From town we’d be in Hurlingham In 10 minutes. Crazy driver ! Passengers especially ladies would be screaming but because I was young then, I’d be enjoying the ride. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Eroms4life17(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Policemen Shoot At EndSARS Protesters In Umuahia, Abia (Video) / 'I Didn't Torture The Children, They Were Fornicating', Kidnap Suspect Confesses / I Went Into Robbery To Fund My Wedding – 20-yr-old Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.