Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,535 members, 7,958,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:38 PM

Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts (85154 Views)

Cholera: Anxiety Mounts In Magboro, Ogun State, 10 People Feared Dead / Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus / Kano Death - We Only Did Verbal Autopsy Because Of Our Religion In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01am On Apr 25, 2020
sassysure:

And u believed that?
It has not been killing them like fowl since.
How many people go to hospital in kano when sick?
How many have access to hospital?
Why did kano stop testing?
And u believed they don't have access to testing kits?

They thought it's business as usual. This will shock the living daylights out of them
What happened in new York, London etc will be child's play.

Lagos started early by taking this serious even though measures can never be 100% effective as obtained in other parts of the world but what did ganduje and his northern counterparts do?
Bro, it's not politics this time.
It shouldn't spiral down to the south. That's my only concern
Why should I believe your assumption and not what is contained in the report of the same newspaper that broke the news? Even Daily Trust didn't attribute the death to Coronavirus. Did you conduct any test? Is it the first time people are buried in large numbers in the north? Have you ever been to the north before? Or you just wish Coronavirus pandemic to kill people in Kano?

You are just being an assumptive alarmist and a panic spreader.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by infogeneral: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2020
I think there is another wave of disease outbreak in Kano. Serious and urgent investigations need to be carried out to unravel the mystery before we have another epidemic in Nigeria. We were still struggling with Lassa fever, now joined with coronavirus. The government should please act fast. This is no time for politics or politicking.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Kay25(m): 9:02am On Apr 25, 2020
kano the new York of Nigeria
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Litmus: 9:02am On Apr 25, 2020
It was obvious given the Tall Tales nature of Nigerians and our, '"I was told by the man from the next village, who was told by the man from Lagos who was told by his sister from port Harcourt" culture, that it wouldn’t be long before Nigerians no longer died from malaria, yellow fever, meningitis or car deaths but only died from Covid. Let’s face it though, with suspicions high that the West want Nigerians to die from Covid so they can point fingers at Africa; Africa wanting Nigeria to be epicentre of Covid so they can label Nigeria Covid Capital and Opposition Politics wanting Nigerians to die from Covid so they can point finger at government of the day, it is little wonder everyone in Nigeria has gone Covid nuts. My fear though is that with all eyes and minds in Nigeria so closed by Covid hysteria, another type of Virus could easily be introduced to Nigeria, for whatever reasons virologists do these things in Africa, and resultant deaths from this will be placed on Covid.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 25, 2020
playapayaski:

Test center and everyone in it tested positive.. So they had to stop, testing kit is limited tho but they had to stop cos of the mystery of the infection there.. Both normal testing and pcr test came back positive.. Its crazy there NOW
I'm not surprised. Specifically kano was mentioned among the the places that will erupt like hurricane if this shit ever enters there.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by NiceMen: 9:03am On Apr 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Kano hasn't yet hit the figures in Lagos and we are already having this kind of ripple effect, these guys had better observe strict compliance with recommended safety standards before this disease blows out of proportion. If not I fear for the worst in the North as a whole and not just Kano alone.

I said it here before. If it gets to the North, the death toll will be massive... School dem no go. These people will understand what education means by force cos a case like this, your survival depends on mental capacity of your neighbours.

Even in the US, the homeless are not left out cos they understand the danger this pose.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sigh... How can educated people just forego the use of their brains??!
They are victims of media manipulation.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by letilex: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2020
i made this DIY face mask to help protect us from this evil disease .please watch and share to friends and family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZsIPhvQNMY
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by playapayaski: 9:05am On Apr 25, 2020
eyinjuege:

Wow, is this news confirmed?
There is big trouble for the whole of Nigeria then
They should just close down all the borders surrounding Kano, and nobody should be allowed in or out, except for medical aid and personelles.
Only God knows how long it's been circulating round, especially since people didnt take the lockdown seriously.

Confirmed.. A FRIEND OF MINE IS IN THE COVID team..
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by NiceMen: 9:06am On Apr 25, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Why should I believe your assumption and not what is contained in the report of the same newspaper that broke the news? Even Daily Trust didn't attribute the death to Coronavirus. Did you conduct any test? Is it the first time people are buried in large numbers in the north? Have you ever been to the north before? Or you just wish Coronavirus pandemic to kill people in Kano?

You expect them to tell you it is corona with this massive scale.

Are you on twitter? There was video of some lying on the ground in Kano with breathing difficulty.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by africanusvu(m): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2020
ChoCho54:
Osetiela!!

Blue3k I told you yesterday to enjoy your gloat over the death of 3m Biafran children because karma is already a family member of their murderers!

Hahaha cheesy
, Don't be a fool.Onuku.must you bring tribal sentiment here.kedu ife I'ma Maka agha Biafra? what actually did u know on Biafra that u will come on line messing up
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 25, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

U have an educated and enlightened person in kano, call him and verify what's up. Simple.
U think some of us talk because of what we read on papers. Call your friends in kano let the jist you what has been going on in kano for close to a week now.
Malaria ko

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by phorget(m): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2020
Oblongata:
Many northerners still believe corona is only a propaganda against Muslim and Islam. Even their dollar governor allowed them to troop into market. I fear for the worse in that region.

Yes, they feel everything is always against Muslim and Islam, even their so called elite are not helping matters.
I don't know why I hardly feel anything when evils befall the northerners.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Ajibel(m): 9:09am On Apr 25, 2020
truthfulparrot:
What is happening in Kano State? I suspect that there is a sinister and diabolical cover-up going on in Kano.
All of a sudden, NCDC stopped testing for Covid 19 with the claim that they don't have test kits again. People are dying like fowls and the State government is vehemently denying and playing politics with it.

Ganduje thinks Covid 19 is Politics. He even appointment his daughter as the head of Covid 19 Taskforce in Kano State.

And why is the FGN silent about what is going on in Kano? Why can't they move testing kits from Abuja and Lagos to Kano!? What has happened to billions of naira that were allocated to Covid19?
I pity the poor people of Kano. They don't have a courageous Emir like Sanusi to speak for them

The FGN is obviously clueness, when it comes to Vivid 19 pandemic.

They should move testing kits from the epicenter to Kano shocked
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by DeeMain(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigerians cannot read and this is bad.

Nowhere in the article relates the Kano death to Covid-19 complications. Instead, the deceased were outpatients suffering malaria and other forms of ailments but were denied medical access simply because the government want to use the facility for treatment of Coronavirus disease.

Receive sense quickly! Disappointed embarassed
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 25, 2020
playapayaski:

Confirmed.. A FRIEND OF MINE IS IN THE COVID team..
Thank u.
Don't mind these people.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by TemmyDayo50(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2020
ChoCho54:
Osetiela!!

Blue3k I told you yesterday to enjoy your gloat over the death of 3m Biafran children because karma is already a family member of their murderers!

Hahaha cheesy

You're pointless....
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by fubsy: 9:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Unfortunate! What I see in Kano is disbelief and ignorance. Why will people throng a place to pray for the dead, and organize a corona football competition when there is a virus that is biting hard? Well, I think they see the jingles and adverts on corona virus as a political thing. What can I say, even the Governor wears COVID-19 cap, as if it is a political campaign.
The way I see it, the ineptitude of the Kano people towards this current pandemic may overwhelm the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19, the NCDC and the doctors to a point that they may give up and only pray for a vaccine to come out and be widely administered.
On a serious note EVERYBODY IN KANO MUST BE ON COMPULSORY LOCKDOWN. The President urgently needs to make a nationwide broadcast and put the military on the streets of Kano to ensure compliance. Otherwise, Nigeria as a whole should just forget the containment of the virus and pray for the vaccine to be out.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by garetz: 9:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
The only governor that took this issue of coronavirus serious in north without playing their usual politics is Kaduna state governor but others was never serious with the issue before now is getting out of hand there.I'm not a fan of Kaduna state governor but I give it him
He took it serious because he was infected himself
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by MRAKBEE(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2020
truthfulparrot:
What is happening in Kano State? I suspect that there is a sinister and diabolical cover-up going on in Kano.
All of a sudden, NCDC stopped testing for Covid 19 with the claim that they don't have test kits again. People are dying like fowls and the State government is vehemently denying and playing politics with it.

Ganduje thinks Covid 19 is Politics. He even appointment his daughter as the head of Covid 19 Taskforce in Kano State.

And why is the FGN silent about what is going on in Kano? Why can't they move testing kits from Abuja and Lagos to Kano!? What has happened to billions of naira that were allocated to Covid19?
I pity the poor people of Kano. They don't have a courageous Emir like Sanusi to speak for them

Make i hear word with this una Emir Sanusi.
This is turning into a campaign tactics. If that softcore extremist s the only worthy product up north, then they shud think of another person to market..
Besides its not the turn of the North to produce a president.. So its all in vain..
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:13am On Apr 25, 2020
What is happening in Kano State is pure covid19 case, no amount of cover up by the state government that will hide the truth. I pity the people of Kano state especially the poor and ordinary man. I wish ex emir SLS was still there, he would have spoken out.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Sanchez01: 9:13am On Apr 25, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
This is still an assumption. It is a fact that since the COVID-19 disease was brought into Nigeria by the so called Italian, most medical centres stopped accepting outpatient. A neighbor of mine was seriously sick and was taken to hospital (in Abuja here) but the hospital rejected him, thankfully we had to administer malaria and typhoid drugs on him before his health was restored.

What killed the 150 is poor medical service not Covid-19
Dude, do the simple math and stop fighting what is not here. Kano announced her first COVID-19 case on the 11th of April: https://www.nairaland.com/5787728/kano-state-records-first-covid-19 and on the 21st of April, ten days from the day the first index case was announced in the news, 150 people 'mysteriously died': https://www.nairaland.com/5807092/150-people-died-kano-unknown.

And note that this is just 4 days shy of the typical 2 weeks symptoms and death that follows.

That said, the index case was asymptomatic up until April 11 and would have no doubt spread it. Those with underlying conditions alongside elderly people are often prone to death in those moments. Index case might have been discovered very late, knowing Kano only has one testing centre.

Do the maths, but this time, slowly and take your mind off the article for once.

We have had hospitals shut down in medical workers gone on strike before. If it was a wave of death across the country, perhaps I might understand but from a particular state where illiteracy is high, social distancing is grossly violated, and religion is exalted more than common sense.

I won't be surprised if Ganduje sponsored or paid for this content just to douse tension.

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by ChoCho54(f): 9:14am On Apr 25, 2020
africanusvu:
, Don't be a fool.Onuku.must you bring tribal sentiment here.kedu ife I'ma Maka agha Biafra? what actually did u know on Biafra that u will come on line messing up
Boko Haram, Rustlers, Bandits and Fulani Militia are all offsprings of Mr and Mrs Karma Abuokii.

They are all pregnant ready to have offsprings too!

Karma never disappoints. grin

Now get your Google translator slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by lebienconnu: 9:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Hospitals should make provisions for patients on chronic illnesses who have to review their drugs from time to time irrespective of lockdown. Failure to do this will worsen the situation as death from other illnesees will climb up.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Kubernetes: 9:15am On Apr 25, 2020
truthfulparrot:

And can you imagine that two sons of Kano(Dangote and Abdulsamad) have gvn fed gvt $2billion naira.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by emerged01(m): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Sctests:
Kano will overtake Lagos on the death toll.
Painful thing is that they have not been conducting Covid19 test. The situation in Kano is scary.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Staro: 9:18am On Apr 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Kano hasn't yet hit the figures in Lagos and we are already having this kind of ripple effect, these guys had better observe strict compliance with recommended safety standards before this disease blows out of proportion. If not I fear for the worst in the North as a whole and not just Kano alone.

How many have been tested in Kano ?
Nigeria isn't testing enough.
Kano might in reality have more infected people than Lagos.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by ChoCho54(f): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2020
TemmyDayo50:

You're pointless....
E pain am!

More mysterious deaths for the killers of 3m Biafran children as long as they remain unrepentant.

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by TheMohican(m): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2020
truthfulparrot:

Many of the test kits in Lagos were bought via donations and state funds, NCDC doesn't have that many test kits to spare, they've already run out in Kano, that una Governor na joker, I Sha no blame hausas in Kano, Ganjuge didn't win the initial election, he thieved his way into power and now the people pay for his pettyness
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Angelfrost(m): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2020
Sanchez01:

I can't recall about 200 being buried at once in any part of Nigeria right now despite the limited and almost inaccessible health facilities around, save in Kano.

We have had it worse than this in Nigeria severally and we keep seeing health workers go on strike than ASUU these days. I don't recall mass burial as the one in Kano at any point. Not one.

So, why Kano of all states??! Why not Abuja, Lagos, Kwara, Ogun, etc??! What's so genetically special about Kano citizens??!...

Don't know about you, but if Covid-19 is going to have fatalities, it certainly can't and won't be restricted to a single state...

Let's verify news properly before jumping into the panic bandwagon...

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by okpalaAnambra: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
The only governor that took this issue of coronavirus serious in north without playing their usual politics is Kaduna state governor but others was never serious with the issue before now is getting out of hand there.I'm not a fan of Kaduna state governor but I give it him
Nwanyi ogwashi, íno na Kaduna?
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by okpalaAnambra: 9:22am On Apr 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, why Kano of all states??! Why not Abuja, Lagos, Kwara, Ogun, etc??! What's so genetically special about Kano citizens??!...

Don't know about you, but if Covid-19 is going to have fatalities, it certainly can't and won't be restricted to a single state...

You're right in your analysis brother and I will quote u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.