Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,562 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts (84868 Views)

Cholera: Anxiety Mounts In Magboro, Ogun State, 10 People Feared Dead / Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus / Kano Death - We Only Did Verbal Autopsy Because Of Our Religion In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by GamalNasser: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2020
Sctests:
Kano will overtake Lagos on the death toll.

It has already overtaken the whole of West Africa
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Angelfrost(m): 9:24am On Apr 25, 2020
eyinjuege:

Wow, is this news confirmed?
There is big trouble for the whole of Nigeria then
They should just close down all the borders surrounding Kano, and nobody should be allowed in or out, except for medical aid and personelles.
Only God knows how long it's been circulating round, especially since people didnt take the lockdown seriously.

Yeah... The same way they locked down Lagos and shut it out from the rest of Nigeria??!

Kano citizens have become a special breed of Nigerians na... Covid-19 has more power over them than those in Lagos and Abuja...

Abeg, let's hear word!!!
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Sanchez01: 9:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, why Kano of all states??! Why not Abuja, Lagos, Kwara, Ogun, etc??! What's so genetically special about Kano citizens??!...

Don't know about you, but if Covid-19 is going to have fatalities, it certainly can't and won't be restricted to a single state...

Let's verify news properly before jumping into the panic bandwagon...

Not just only Kano but the North. And everything special about them.

1. Poverty than most region.
2. States with the highest number of uneducated folks, illiterates
3. Highly populated areas.
4. Almajiri presence.

Pray tell, what isn't special about Kano?

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Reference(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
This is still an assumption. It is a fact that since the COVID-19 disease was brought into Nigeria by the so called Italian, most medical centres stopped accepting outpatient. A neighbor of mine was seriously sick and was taken to hospital (in Abuja here) but the hospital rejected him, thankfully we had to administer malaria and typhoid drugs on him before his health was restored.

What killed the 150 is poor medical service not Covid-19

If you owned or presently work in a non Covid designated hospital right now, will you accept and attend to patients. Be honest.

And let me give you the full picture.

1. You donot know the status of the patient and even if you inquired most will deny and lie about their history. Three doctors have died this way already.

2. The goverment has absolute monopoly over testing and has ordered referrals to its facilities once Covid is suspected of which fevers associated with malaria and typhoid is a key symptom.

3. The availability of PPE of which goverments the world over have taken the lead in providing in in short supply. Any medical professional in contact with any sick patient anywhere in Nigeria now without PPE is almost certainly going to be infected because the lockdown has failed.

4. The directive that any medical centre with a recorded infection should be closed down. Meaning that those already on admission and in treatment will be put in danger. Remember hospitals were not empty before Covid.

So how do you expect it to be business as usual for doctors, hospitals and the sick public when goverment has a monopoly of resources, monopoly of capacity and dominates legislation.

Have you not seen that Nigeria is one of the few countries where the healthcare system is split into two, Covid and non Covid, whereas in other nations all hospitals are fully mobilised and even more are built. Over there all medical professionals are mobilised and even those retired are brought back while here NCDC/states operate with just a select few...

The polarisation of this fight is causing severe problems for the other half of the industry and it is beginning to show.

3 Likes

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Nwanyi ogwashi, íno na Kaduna?
no but they were the first state to lockdown.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 25, 2020
ChoCho54:
Osetiela!!

Blue3k I told you yesterday to enjoy your gloat over the death of 3m Biafran children because karma is already a family member of their murderers!

Hahaha cheesy

I am from IMO

And I want to know what led or what caused the death of 3m Biafrans
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by vicardino(m): 9:27am On Apr 25, 2020
truthfulparrot:
What is happening in Kano State? I suspect that there is a sinister and diabolical cover-up going on in Kano.
All of a sudden, NCDC stopped testing for Covid 19 with the claim that they don't have test kits again. People are dying like fowls and the State government is vehemently denying and playing politics with it.

Ganduje thinks Covid 19 is Politics. He even appointment his daughter as the head of Covid 19 Taskforce in Kano State.

And why is the FGN silent about what is going on in Kano? Why can't they move testing kits from Abuja and Lagos to Kano!? What has happened to billions of naira that were allocated to Covid19?
I pity the poor people of Kano. They don't have a courageous Emir like Sanusi to speak for them

The FGN is obviously clueness, when it comes to Vivid 19 pandemic.

FGN should move testing kits from Lagos and Abuja to kano because people in lagos are cows bah? Or you were told there's favouritism in how testing kits were shared among the states of the federation? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by TemmyDayo50(m): 9:28am On Apr 25, 2020
ChoCho54:
E pain am!

More mysterious deaths for the killers of 3m Biafran children as long as they remain unrepentant.

You're still pointless.....
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2020
Sanchez01:

Dude, do the simple math and stop fighting what is not here. Kano announced her first COVID-19 case on the 11th of April: https://www.nairaland.com/5787728/kano-state-records-first-covid-19 and on the 21st of April, ten days from the day the first index case was announced in the news, 150 people 'mysteriously died': https://www.nairaland.com/5807092/150-people-died-kano-unknown.

And note that this is just 4 days shy of the typical 2 weeks symptoms and death that follows.

That said, the index case was asymptomatic up until April 11 and would have no doubt spread it. Those with underlying conditions alongside elderly people are often prone to death in those moments. Index case might have been discovered very late, knowing Kano only has one testing centre.

Do the maths, but this time, slowly and take your mind off the article for once.

We have had hospitals shut down in medical workers gone on strike before. If it was a wave of death across the country, perhaps I might understand but from a particular state where illiteracy is high, social distancing is grossly violated, and religion is exalted more than common sense.

I won't be surprised if Ganduje sponsored or paid for this content just to douse tension.
What you have written is simply conspiracy theory without an iota of fact.

I don't listen to politicians because they are fraudulent. In fact, it will benefit Gandollar more for people to die of Covid-19 disease in Kano as that means having access to more money just as Sanwoolu is cooking fake figures in Lagos.

I've been to the north and stayed there for a while, if any 'Covid-19' disease was to ravage north it will first hit Zaria before Kano city. And whatever hit Kano will definitely hit Katsina.

Meanwhile, Covid-19 is not a brief illness that kills overnight! There are symptoms and there is no record that 0.5% of the death had any of the symptoms.

BTW Daily Trust is opposition to Gandolla and CAN'T be bribed by Gandollar

1 Like

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by okpalaAnambra: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
no but they were the first state to lockdown.
Your head de dear...Kaduna was the first to lockdown and still observing it
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 25, 2020
Sctests:
Kano will overtake Lagos on the death toll.
did you say will?Kano as overtaken Lagos since but they keep rigging the numbers
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by braine(m): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2020
playapayaski:

Test center and everyone in it tested positive.. So they had to stop, testing kit is limited tho but they had to stop cos of the mystery of the infection there.. Both normal testing and pcr test came back positive.. Its crazy there NOW

This is crazy. I wonder what will be the case in the next 14 days.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Angelfrost(m): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2020
Sanchez01:

Not just only Kano but the North. And everything special about them.

1. Poverty than most region.
2. States with the highest number of uneducated folks, illiterates
3. Highly populated areas.
4. Almajiri presence.

Pray tell, what isn't special about Kano?

1. There are a lot of poor people in Lagos with inability to afford good healthcare, how many have died or been hospitalized??!
2. Education has no place in susceptibility or resistance to Covid-19... Please, perish that argument.
3. Kano is as populated as Lagos... The latter is even more congested, with most still not adhering to social distancing. So, the question still begs: where are the mass burials in Lagos, who had a head start with regards to community infection spread??!
4. Almajiri argument is as faulty as numbers 1 and 3... Other Northern states have the same problem.

The only thing I agree is special about Kano is socioeconomic, which shouldn't and doesn't make them any more vulnerable than their fellow disadvantaged Nigerians across the nation!!!

Bottom line, mass casualties cannot be restricted to a single state out of over 20, with Lagos having the highest rate of infection.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Sanchez01: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

What you have written is simply conspiracy theory without an iota of fact.

I don't listen to politicians because they are fraudulent. In fact, it will benefit Gandollar more for people to die of Covid-19 disease in Kano as that means having access to more money just as Sanwoolu is cooking fake figures in Lagos.

I've been to the north and stayed there for a while, if any 'Covid-19' disease was to ravage north it will first hit Zaria before Kano city. And whatever hit Kano will definitely hit Katsina.

Meanwhile, Covid-19 is not a brief illness that kills overnight! There are symptoms and there is no record that 0.5% of the death had any of the symptoms.

BTW Daily Trust is opposition to Gandolla and CAN'T be bribed by Gandollar
LMAO! Did the emboldened really come from you?

Where was the index case discovered, Kano or Zaria? Did you see how wretched the community where 150 persons were buried at once is? You want to tell me that sizeable number died at once because they couldn't access hospitals? Why not other areas?

Channels used to be objective and non partisan... We all know how some APC governors became its funders. Need I say more?

Tonye, I'm done here.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by madridguy(m): 9:40am On Apr 25, 2020
This one you're following me up and down undecided

Nwanyiogwashi:
shocked is this coming from you shocked cheesy
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by favour32(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2020
If no proper health care around you to fight malaria and typhoid.
Wetin come happen to antimalarial, typhoid herbs around?
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Jaqenhghar: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Kano hasn't yet hit the figures in Lagos and we are already having this kind of ripple effect, these guys had better observe strict compliance with recommended safety standards before this disease blows out of proportion. If not I fear for the worst in the North as a whole and not just Kano alone.
Theu refused to believe now. Theu keep acting defiant as if they are hurting someone else. Make dem continue
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by gbasquare: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2020
The more reason the lockdown should be relaxed. Medical personnels are even reluctant to attend to other medical issues. I took my mother to the general hospital on appointment, but we were turned back. Thank God it wasn't an emergency...
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Kano hasn't yet hit the figures in Lagos and we are already having this kind of ripple effect, these guys had better observe strict compliance with recommended safety standards before this disease blows out of proportion. If not I fear for the worst in the North as a whole and not just Kano alone.

So you want them to multiply the figures before highbrow is raised. How long does it take Lagos to gain that number and how long is it taking Kano now? The news we heard also claimed that these deaths are not even confirmed to be connected with COVID-19. So, if you were to be the President or the Governor of that state this is what you are going to vomit. SMH.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by captainamiedi1: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2020
Seems kano want to top the league by all means because of the price attached to it. The state commissioner said they will investigate the issue since then but not no report?? Maybe they went for ramadan break
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by suptol(m): 9:46am On Apr 25, 2020
It's saddening that some people are still ignorant about the effect of this virus. While some see it as scam and a way to distract the masses.

The earlier we stick to the measures put in place, the better for us.

In as much as hunger could kill, we can still survive without food for a while if we all corporate and flatten the curve of the spread of this virus. At war, no one cares if he/she has eaten or remember to visit his/her neighbour or go about his/her business. Safety first

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by nisai: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2020
Sanchez01:

Dude, do the simple math and stop fighting what is not here. Kano announced her first COVID-19 case on the 11th of April: https://www.nairaland.com/5787728/kano-state-records-first-covid-19 and on the 21st of April, ten days from the day the first index case was announced in the news, 150 people 'mysteriously died': https://www.nairaland.com/5807092/150-people-died-kano-unknown.

And note that this is just 4 days shy of the typical 2 weeks symptoms and death that follows.

That said, the index case was asymptomatic up until April 11 and would have no doubt spread it. Those with underlying conditions alongside elderly people are often prone to death in those moments. Index case might have been discovered very late, knowing Kano only has one testing centre.

Do the maths, but this time, slowly and take your mind off the article for once.

We have had hospitals shut down in medical workers gone on strike before. If it was a wave of death across the country, perhaps I might understand but from a particular state where illiteracy is high, social distancing is grossly violated, and religion is exalted more than common sense.

I won't be surprised if Ganduje sponsored or paid for this content just to douse tension.
WELDONE

Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:48am On Apr 25, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Your head de dear...Kaduna was the first to lockdown and still observing it
yes,even ebonyi state according to what I'm hearing you can't enter ebonyi state from their boarder now because security is tight, you will first pass army after that police after that civil defense after that Christian association of Nigeria after that na traditional rulers after government task force, you must pass all this people one by one before you enter ebonyi state from any border you're coming from,I wish governor okowa can do the same.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by stanliwise(m): 9:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Tissaia:
Fake news (also known as junk news, pseudo-news, or hoax news)[1][2] is a form of news consisting of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional news media (print and broadcast) or online social media.[3][4] Digital news has brought back and increased the usage of fake news, or yellow journalism.[5] The news is then often reverberated as misinformation in social media but occasionally finds its way to the mainstream media as well.[6]

Fake news is written and published usually with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[7][8][9] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership. Similarly, clickbait stories and headlines earn advertising revenue from this activity.[7]

The relevance of fake news has increased in post-truth politics. For media outlets, the ability to attract viewers to their websites is necessary to generate online advertising revenue. Publishing a story with false content that attracts users benefits advertisers and improves ratings. Easy access to online advertisement revenue, increased political polarization and the popularity of social media, primarily the Facebook News Feed,[3] have all been implicated in the spread of fake news,[7][10] which competes with legitimate news stories. Hostile government actors have also been implicated in generating and propagating fake news, particularly during elections.[11][12]

Confirmation bias and social media algorithms like those used on Facebook and Twitter further advance the spread of fake news. Modern impact is felt for example in vaccine hesitancy.[13]

Fake news undermines serious media coverage and makes it more difficult for journalists to cover significant news stories.[14] An analysis by BuzzFeed found that the top 20 fake news stories about the 2016 U.S. presidential election received more engagement on Facebook than the top 20 election stories from 19 major media outlets.[15] Anonymously-hosted fake news websites[3] lacking known publishers have also been criticized, because they make it difficult to prosecute sources of fake news for libel.[16]

The term "lying press"[17][18] is at times used to cast doubt upon legitimate news from an opposing political standpoint. During and after his presidential campaign and election, Donald Trump popularized the term "fake news" in this sense, regardless of the truthfulness of the news, when he used it to describe the negative press coverage of himself.[19][20] In part, as a result of Trump's misuse, the term has come under increasing criticism, and in October 2018 the British government decided that it will no longer use the term because it is "a poorly-defined and misleading term that conflates a variety of false information, from genuine error through to foreign interference in democratic processes."[21]
Don’t just go to Wikipedia and copy things there. If this news are false then help us with any tangible proof/information we can use as food for thought.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Jostoman: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2020
You can only deceive them with your scam death not me.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2020
madridguy:
This one you're following me up and down undecided

cheesy grin Are not my brother from one Nigeria cheesy grin
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by kaludestiny10(m): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2020
You just summarized it all. I feel for the people in Kano State.
truthfulparrot:
What is happening in Kano State? I suspect that there is a sinister and diabolical cover-up going on in Kano.
All of a sudden, NCDC stopped testing for Covid 19 with the claim that they don't have test kits again. People are dying like fowls and the State government is vehemently denying and playing politics with it.

Ganduje thinks Covid 19 is Politics. He even appointment his daughter as the head of Covid 19 Taskforce in Kano State.

And why is the FGN silent about what is going on in Kano? Why can't they move testing kits from Abuja and Lagos to Kano!? What has happened to billions of naira that were allocated to Covid19?
I pity the poor people of Kano. They don't have a courageous Emir like Sanusi to speak for them

The FGN is obviously clueness, when it comes to Vivid 19 pandemic.
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by madridguy(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2020
Offcourse i am.

Nwanyiogwashi:
cheesy grin Are not my brother from one Nigeria cheesy grin
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by YaksonFCA(m): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2020
RIP Condolences
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by idahme(m): 10:03am On Apr 25, 2020
FG should swing to action to avoid another public health emmergency in addition to covid19.....They should act fast but Nija leaders no get sense I swear...
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by okpalaAnambra: 10:07am On Apr 25, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
yes,even ebonyi state according to what I'm hearing you can't enter ebonyi state from their boarder now because security is tight, you will first pass army after that police after that civil defense after that Christian association of Nigeria after that na traditional rulers after government task force, you must pass all this people one by one before you enter ebonyi state from any border you're coming from,I wish governor okowa can do the same.
Wow, that's interesting and really nice... Umahi is in charge of his state fully

Here in Anambra people bribe to move out from one state to another, so pathetic
Re: Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts by newisd75: 10:11am On Apr 25, 2020
funny enough kano government will not find it easy 2 cover up coronavirus death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) / COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / #nobraday: Nigerian Lady Trolled On Twitter For Uploading This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.