Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown (58527 Views)

What Not To Do During The Lockdown / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeria can survive another lockdown but it is going to be mixed with chaos. No shame anymore, i am broke and can't push further than this week else, if something no do me, i go do something No one can hold me for my actions if i act under the influence of hunger o angry

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by lokho(m): 8:38am On Apr 25, 2020
OgbeniOja1:
Las las lockdown go reach july

For where?

Laslas everybody go komot for house

Lockdown ko lockup ni

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Goovo(m): 8:39am On Apr 25, 2020
chuksbaby:
3cups of rice and beans over jrre shared by government..

better learn the easiest skill and fend for your families
and wat Is this easiest skill
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nathan308(m): 8:39am On Apr 25, 2020
This NCDC should take time ooo, hunger they kill people oooo
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by thegloor: 8:40am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

It's only the living that can make plans!

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

NigeriaWarlord........For The Defense Of The Nation

Empty stomach for 14 days?

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by IamPlato(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2020
I Dont Blame You, I Blame Nigerians For Being Fools To The Government

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jack500: 8:40am On Apr 25, 2020
These people are mad, what has lockdown achieve, lockdown without food?

The point is the lockdown has not been effective because people are still going out, that's why cases keep increasing, u can't keep people at home without food, it is not possible.

The economy will continue to suffer, and the cases will keep increasing, double loss.

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Seun:
I think it is time to hand over the NCDC to someone who can scale the organization to the size required to eradicate a fast-moving virus from a country with 190m residents.
Nice suggestion, but who is that someone you have in mind?

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Dvicent81: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Enjoy na your time be this loot as much as you can,if you like sef tell Buhari make we sit down house for one year.children of God go still survive.

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by thegloor: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Akunwafor:
The thing is, a vaccine is useless against the disease.

An outright cure or dampening of the effects of the virus is what we need.

Before that can be achieved, no matter how much you lockdown, the virus will take a very very long time to run it's course.

At this point, I propose we go the way of Sweden albeit some interesting modifications.

What did they do?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by olax02(m): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2020
OgbeniOja1:
i sense so..

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by tete7000(m): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2020
Akunwafor:

Before that can be achieved, no matter how much you lockdown, the virus will take a very very long time to run it's course.

At this point, I propose we go the way of Sweden albeit some interesting modifications.

Viral diseases hardly get cured. It is why the emphasis is on vaccine. The way virus interacts with body cells make it difficult to isolate and attack it. It is usually the body that manages to fight it depending on its immune system.

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 25, 2020
Akunwafor:

Most viral infections do not have an outright cure.

Vaccine is the best solution to avoid possible reoccurrence.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by asahnwaKC: 8:43am On Apr 25, 2020
So they can continue looting all the funds.....we don't benefit nothing from the government.....with all the global economic meltdown...na we go still struggle to survive cry
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by wolfenstein(m): 8:43am On Apr 25, 2020
People are saying staying home and stay safe, I also agree with that, but the problem I have is, if we are copying the western world and it's not working, y don't we try other means. Let's assume they aren't able to get a cure b4 3-4months time(though just pray it doesn't happen) I'm very sure ppl saying staying at home is safe will be the first people to come out and cry. Our African leaders aren't even trying to get a cure or solution for themselves, instead they are waiting for the westerners to do so and begging for funds from international bodies, I just pray after this whole ish has settled down, the international bodies in question won't say they just borrowed us. Even if the western world say they won't open till June, they have the funds to give their citizens, do African countries have that? Africans should rise and make their own research too, what is bad if we are the ones who find the cure to the covid19, is it bad? Na so so copy copy we like

5 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 25, 2020
NCDC needs to be investigated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Kobicove(m): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2020
OgbeniOja1:

I hope not!

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Hongkongfukid(m): 8:46am On Apr 25, 2020
fvck NCDC , Bleep buhari
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by pacco6ixty9(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2020
Endure hunger in lockdown is that not suicide ...mediocres
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Babaibejii: 8:47am On Apr 25, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-explains-why-lockdown-cant-be-relaxed-as-cases-hit-1095/

When una no gree give people money. All the monwy dey catch fire for Accountant general office and CBN. Then na useless humanitarian woman wey just dey pack the rest go her village. Lockdown can not fit work again
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by adenigga(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2020
JosEast:
We need food...

.......and electricity!!!!
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by byinks(f): 8:48am On Apr 25, 2020
They make min. 500,000 naira everyday the lockdown continues.

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Nigerians too don't want them to lift it but will federal government provide basic needs, food and not play politics with the situation. The federal government are being hypocritical about the situation

Ogbeni speak for yourself and your household oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by adenigga(m): 8:48am On Apr 25, 2020
Goovo:
and wat Is this easiest skill

He meant robbery!
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Akanbiedu(m): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Acidosis:
Lockdown would not be relaxed at this point because of Ramadan. That's the basic truth. This is the period some government offices close their doors untimely. This is the period those in the private organizations do not like to work while some sleep on duty.

Buhari isn't going to relax the lockdown until the second half or towards the end of Ramadan fast. This is the truth no Muslim will admit publicly.

Hmnnnn. So this is Islamization agenda by Dr ChikweIslam Ihekweazu and Buhari?

4 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by SweetCunt97(f): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Afolabimills:
Yet some wicked mofos can't help those in need that come online to beg for help I cried like a child yesterday morning when one very useless fellow insult me because I ask for financial assistance aka area4area where ever u are may God reward u n ur likes
Instead pray to God to touch hearts. You don't call anyone wicked cos you didn't put any money in their pockets. Same days, same hours, make yours count.

5 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Patosky4U: 8:49am On Apr 25, 2020
though I don't support the lockdown but when some people talk about monetary gain by the government through the lockdown I wonder what they mean, when the government is losing billions everyday because of this same issue

4 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by koxyz: 8:49am On Apr 25, 2020
A wise man once said the future belongs to those who have the ability to foresee it and sacrifice the pleasure of today...

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Luckydubby7(m): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Lockdown kill you people there. Fools
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by SweetCunt97(f): 8:51am On Apr 25, 2020
Afolabimills:
Yet some wicked mofos can't help those in need that come online to beg for help I cried like a child yesterday morning when one very useless fellow insult me because I ask for financial assistance aka area4area where ever u are may God reward u n ur likes
Instead pray to God to touch hearts, to make people sympathetic to ur situation. You don't call anyone wicked cos they didn't give to you cos you didn't give anyone money to keep for you.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Akunwafor(m): 8:52am On Apr 25, 2020
tete7000:

Viral diseases hardly get cured. It is why the emphasis is on vaccine. The way virus interacts with body cells make it difficult to isolate and attack it. It is usually the body that manages to fight it depending on its immune system.

chuxyfranklin:

Most viral infections do not have an outright cure.

Vaccine is the best solution to avoid possible reoccurrence.

You guys are right.

But you will agree with me that the purpose of a vaccine is such that it is engineered so your body is trained to recognize the diseases, learns how to fight it by developing antibodies and hence protects you from future attacks.

Now the problem with the coronavirus is that there are people who have fought off the infection only to get re-infected again. That is a glaring indication that the body does not build immunity against the disease which is why a vaccine against covid 19 is functionally useless.

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by SweetCunt97(f): 8:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Patosky4U:
though I don't support the lockdown but when some people talk about monetary gain by the government through the lockdown I wonder what they mean, when the government is losing billions everyday because of this same issue
Tell that to d west. Abi na our own must different?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair / How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.