Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown (58528 Views)

What Not To Do During The Lockdown / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by ebesco1(m): 9:34am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

It's only the living that can make plans!

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

NigeriaWarlord........For The Defense Of The Nation

Give them food then they will stay home. If you know what people are facing now you wont say this. We all know staying at home is for our own good but where is the food and money to stay home. Its only the rich that will support the lock down for me i support the lock down but lock down without food or money is very useless. The govt need to do something ASAP else this lockdown no go work

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jostoman: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

It's only the living that can make plans!

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

NigeriaWarlord........For The Defense Of The Nation
so you are one of those wicked people abi

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by lebienconnu: 9:38am On Apr 25, 2020
bigstan11787:
He said, “We will eventually exit this stage and restart our normal life but that stage is still a while to come and I ask for your endurance

Thats after a lot of poor Nigerian must have died

Don't mind him. All of these people that are calling for lockdown extension have money and food at home that can last for months.

Unfortunately, community transmission is already on-going. Ideally the lockdown should end when we have an effective vaccine. The big question is, can the government feed all us till then?
The FG sent three truck of weevil infested rice to OYO STATE. 10 trucks of rice can not suffice only Apata for a week.

If you can afford to stay at home indefinitely stay but if you can not afford go out and work but be careful. No policeman or soldier should harass anybody in the name of enforcing lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by philipobiz: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2020
"“Many families have not been able to bury their dead, rescheduled their marriages and baptism and everything they are doing. In a way, life is in suspense. Everyone recognises the sacrifice Nigerians have made but we really have to encourage one another to continue to a position where we can relax some of that (lockdown) but until we get to that place, we have to continue in the short term."

See the crook statement. He didn't mention people are going hungry which should be the foremost, he is talking about people not been able to bury their dead, rescheduled their marriages and baptism and..........

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by oluwaahmed: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2020
What is the purpose of extending the lockdown? I thought the whole essence of it was to get people tested but nothing so far has been done.

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by ebesco1(m): 9:44am On Apr 25, 2020
Fogman:

What makes them to be useless? You people don't appreciate the fact that this pandemic is minimal here. If America and Europe with their excellent health facilities can be overwhelmed, what do you think will happen to Nigeria and other African countries with their shambolic health care? It is only the living that makes plan. #StayHome #Staysafe
You are only saying this cause you still have money to buy food, i wish you will be in the situation where you wont have any money or even with your money you wont have access to any food then you will understand what we are facing. If you are rich speak for your self no speck for us cause if we beg you for money now you no go give us instead you go call us begi begi.

5 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Johndrill(m): 9:44am On Apr 25, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-explains-why-lockdown-cant-be-relaxed-as-cases-hit-1095/
let Nigeria learn how give masses money or food if there want corocoro to end
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2020
DEADALIVE:

Who do you depend on for monthly income?
Please kindly take the question to heart and if offended i am sorry.
That's the big question. The bone of contention, really, but I feel we have to make a choice. Hunger (aka economic stagnation and backwardness) or COVID-19. However, we can also decide to work with the Czech republic style (covering nose and sanitizing), but is it foolproof? Ogun state already said it is enforcing this style on days it allows citizens to come out, effective from May 1. For monthly income, I depend on my fingers and skill, and whatever my right hand can obtain, from the soil and from animals. Support here and there too. I hope we get out of this pretty soon too. That's why I'm here, rubbing minds. I pray something positive comes out from the pool of opinions smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by liver123(m): 9:45am On Apr 25, 2020
At times I wonder if this people really think about the life of a common man
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jostoman: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2020
Thunder fire you and all the people that are making this useless decision

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Ebenezer2021(m): 9:49am On Apr 25, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Instead pray to God to touch hearts, to make people sympathetic to ur situation. You don't call anyone wicked cos they didn't give to you cos you didn't give anyone money to keep for you.
first time I've seen a sensible comment from you.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by abeylee001: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2020
To me it's foolish of you making this statement without encouraging our government to assist the citizens financially or in distribution of food items, not to die of hunger while trying to run away from Corona death.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by IslamVIRGINS(f): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2020
This Is Great Depression
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by wink2015(m): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2020
1stola:
angry

This lockdown is not the solution.
Implementation of PPE is and good palliative measures in place.

Nigerians can't survive under continuous lockdown.

MOST OF THESE USELESS PEOPLE ASKING FOR THE LOCKDOWN TO CONTINUE ARE EITHER RICH, IGNORANT OR CHILDREN THAT ARE STILL FEEDING UNDER THEIR PARENTS OR STILL COLLECTING POCKET MONEY.

And for the careless NCDC guy talking rubbish, just know that they're cashing out big time every day on this.

How can sit at home work without food?
90% of NIGERIANS are either self-employed, doing private jobs.
How will private companies continue to pay salaries?
How will people that feed from hand to mouth survive?

IT IS PRESIDENT BUHARI THAT SHOULD BE BLAME FOR THIS CONTINUED LOCKDOWN THAT HAS NO EXIT DATE.

He is applying European method to African or Nigerian health problem.

So long as Nigeria government official including WHO official want to cash out big on our collective commonwealth they will continue to feed Nigerian with unsubstantiated and frighening statistics about coronvirus infection in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Nigeria fragile economy especially the private sector will get financially paralyzed with massive unemployment due to prolonged shutdown.

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT SHOULD QUICKLY FIX A LOCKDOWN EXIT DATE TO SAVE THE BAD ECONOMY.

The Buhari administration refusal to listen to technocrats like prof. Charles Soludo is dragging Nigeria backwards.

Good or bad the coronavirus disease has come to stay in Nigeria.

We should learn to live with it while observing every other medical precautionary steps.

NIGERIA IS FINANCIALLY CRIPPLED AND IF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ALLOW THE ECONOMY TO REMAIN UNDER LOCKDOWN MOST BUSINESSES WILL FOLD UP WITH STAFF LAY OFF.

The federal and state government should package tax relief for companies whose operations were affected by the current lockdown
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by TeeFriz: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2020
Who noticed this man has gotten fresher since the Coronavirus outbreak/lockdown...baba is chopping life at our expense... Lol

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by strafist911: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2020
south Africa has eased their LOCK-DOWN. Why not ease the LOCK-DOWN in Nigeria before HUNGER-VIRUS kills us all.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by bluefilm: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2020
NCDC no sabi anything na.

They are just waiting for the American CDC to make a move so dat dem go fit copy am sharp sharp.

I don talk am before, If USA end dia lockdown today, naija go announce end of lockdown the next day, whether the number of infected people in naija still dey increase or not.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by fkj950ax(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2020
strafist911:
south Africa has eased their LOCK-DOWN. Why not ease the LOCK-DOWN in Nigeria before HUNGER-VIRUS kills us all.

Not true.
Just deployed 70k soldiers to help maintain the stay at home
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by zedegit: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2020
sammyj:
I hope they know the consequences of this action without providing food and other palliative to the populace! Not doing so is also a pandemic on it's own!! angry sad tongue " Many families have not been to bury their dead but exception was given to Aba Kyari and his family!

If dont bury. Will they not pay for mortuary charges of the extension?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 25, 2020
shocked
drakeskull:
This lockdown isn't ending anytime soon. These vultures are cashing out big time. I know a dude that paid 75m cash for a house at magodo 2 days ago. He brought the cash in an Hilux labelled Covid-19 response team. The government and her cohorts benefitting from this scourge
When they are silent, they are stealing. When they are talking, they are lying. I still blame Buhari for this angry
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by ideaz: 10:04am On Apr 25, 2020
gospelpen:
The government will be making a very grievous mistake if the lockdown is not lifted this week.

I understand that the government needs to listen to doctors. They have done that already and kept everyone indoors.

Now it's time to listen to the economists while keeping the doctors close by. You cannot move the whole country beyond this point if you listen solely to NCDC or whatever they call themselves.

NCDC is mainly copying a model from their western counterparts without paying a close attention to the working formula they are also using to sustain their economy.

Devise a working formula for us, open up the economy and save the masses from the hunger that is everywhere already.

Well said. When will Africa stop being lazy and think their own solutions. Always waiting for others to think for them yet too lazy to even give a thought to applicability of other people's solutions.

This lockdown has achieved nothing from the data we see everyday. I think the economy is the only thing in real lockdown and not really people.

Can NCDC give us data driven information on the progress made and when the lockdown will end? Or they're working on just hope?

Let the vulnerable remain in lockdown while others under strick measures work to keep the economy running else we will be ready to sell this country to our debtors soon.

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jack500: 10:05am On Apr 25, 2020
delpee:

Haba! This has nothing to do with Ramadan. The points have been well articulated by officials several times over. If you’ve been reading about cases that were publicized, you’ll understand that many now don’t know how and when they got infected. That’s community infection. Public transportation, markets, shopping malls, offices, hospitals, schools,Churches, Mosques, restaurants, hotels and clubs are places where many people can get infected at once. If we keep these places open when we have not tested a large number of people, we’ll be taking a huge risk. That’s what happened in Italy, Spain and US. In South Korea, it exploded when one infected person went to Church!

Honestly, I understand the hunger bit which is what I think we should address. Relaxing the lockdown now may not be in our best interests. We don’t have the facilities to cope with massive infection. Only when we survive can we reboot our economy.

People should help the less privileged as much as possible by providing food especially for them to stay at home. I’ve realized that toiletries are much needed too.

May God help us fight our battle against this unseen enemy. Amen

And what av the lockdown achieved so far? People are still going out, u lock people down without food, the cases keep increasing, and u are not testing people enough, lockdown is useless presently.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by gospelpen(f): 10:05am On Apr 25, 2020
Chukwurah003:

I disagree. The government will be making a catastrophic mistake if the country is reopened without flattening the infection curve.

Do you have any idea how long that will take?

If the plans and resources for that are made available, who would complain?

But the way things are at the moment, it will only take a while before crime becomes the order of the day.

Ever heard of 1 million boys? Do not assume such group can only arise in Lagos. If things remain like this, it's just a matter of time before every corner of the country witnesses a similar group.

Have you ever wondered why the figures of those affected with the virus keep rising even while we're all indoors?

Your guess is as good as mine. No concrete plan to flatten the curve apart from the so called "lockdown"

Without such plans, the virus will definitely get to everyone of us. Indoors or not. So why stay indoors and crumble the economy?

Sir, we can do better.

Go over to Fiverr and patronize my services. I need the cash https://www.fiverr.com/s2/fa7f90d7b3?

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jack500: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2020
adenigga:

Even with empty stomach?
Have you forgotten that a qualified Doctor will not give you an injection on empty stomach.

NCDC should agitate for supplies of foods, not just all these carbohydrates packages - rice, indomies, spaghetti etc. We need real food embedded with nutritional values.

And what are the directives done so far, cases keep increasing everyday. Abeg! Let people go out

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by maxkia(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2020
I am sure Former President Good luck Ebele Jonathan will be Laughing us Nigerians in Swahili. We Ousted him out of Office looking for A Fake Change. Una better brace up. You all can rant here all you want. Your views or Opinions doesn’t matter. You sold your Fundamental human rights the day you brought in Buhari. I was Alive already when he was the Millitary Head of State. Your God fathers sold You All out for their own Selfish gains. Go get them by the Balls . Only then will they release Stashed Commonwealth of Nigerians. How can you lockdown People without food? You want them to start Exhibiting Cannibalistic Traits ? The World should better come to our Rescue. Things are about to get out of hand. Nigeria is more like a Time Bomb � waiting to Explode.

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by gospelpen(f): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2020
ideaz:

Well said. When will Africa stop being lazy and think their own solutions. Always waiting for others to think for them yet too lazy to even give a thought to applicability of other people's solutions.

This lockdown has achieved nothing from the data we see everyday. I think the economy is the only thing in real lockdown and not really people.

Can NCDC give us data driven information on the progress made and when the lockdown will end? Or they're working on just hope?

Let the vulnerable remain in lockdown while others under strick measures work to keep the economy running else we will be ready to sell this country to our debtors soon.

Exactly my point
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by rollandben(m): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2020
Is like Fed government is digging for Citizens negative action. but by the time it happens I pray the should able to curb it. useless leader with partial policies!!
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by teepayne007(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2020
Pls help me This lockdown is really affecting my family.Pls food items isnt much of my problem Sir/ma. Its my cooking gas i want to refill.. Its #3000. We dont have any money has we live by what we earn daily has a trader.My wife and my two boys including me have been feeding on garri for 2 days now.No one his willing to sell on credit for now and we cant even afford to get a kerosene stove.I will be glad if i can get a help God Bless Name: Afowowe Temitope Phone num: 08024111451 A/C num: 0690833313/ access
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by waslag11(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2020
total lockdown is not a solution to this virus, here in Nigeria we always find it difficult to tell ourselves the truth because everyone want to cash out at any given moment to serve the county. think govt should introduce compulsory nose mask like Cross River and close down some places, our market open 3 days interval and all that, just to prevent spreading of the virus. I give it Calabar in times of making sure not to enter the city no taxi driver will carry you without your nose mask
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by juman(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2020
Corona fear is overblown.

Most people with corona became okay.
More than eighty - ninety percent people recovered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair / How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.