Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown (58523 Views)

What Not To Do During The Lockdown / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by EBBari(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2020
STAY@HOMECHALLENGE

https://chat.whatsapp..com/LAneMJP9AyXAa4AsJeLbtF (remove one dot BTW *whatsapp&com*, copy and paste on browser, and join)
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by eleko1: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2020
shocked sad DR CHIKWE IHEKWEAZU shocked.No wonder,the bald fl@thead from dat side nor gree make NIGERIANS go forward,money is involved EvilPIG
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jodera: 9:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

It's only the living that can make plans!

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

NigeriaWarlord........For The Defense Of The Nation
Na only person wey get food dey talk like this. I no blame you!!
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by thegloor: 9:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Seun:
I think it is time to hand over the NCDC to someone who can scale the organization to the size required to eradicate a fast-moving virus from a country with 190m residents. We are tired of listening to excuses as we waste away at home. Hand it over to someone who has experience with running a very large organization. I don’t even care if the person is an epidemiologist at this point. Just someone who can grasp the scope of the challenge and is willing and able to obtain and effectively utilize the massive resources needed to tackle it.

They will soon declare another extension
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by SimplePlan34: 9:14am On Apr 25, 2020
All my calculations are towards Tuesday oo it's not easy for a daily earner to stay a month without earning kobo oo pls dey should not try to extend dis lockdown. Cos dey have no solution just wating for a vaccine to be produced. Many would be dead before then oo. I may hv to resort to begging now oo. Nairlanders pls come and help oo
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by joyandfaith: 9:16am On Apr 25, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-explains-why-lockdown-cant-be-relaxed-as-cases-hit-1095/

NCDC will create more economic and health problems. How long will lockdown last? No strategic plan to open certain aspects of economies. Medical supplies are running out. Groceries soon will become expensive. Nobody is buying oil and non-oil sector is under lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 25, 2020
Seun:
For me, the ideal candidate has to have been running an organization with many branches all over the country or even the world. Aiuko Dangote, with the assistance of an experienced epidemiologist from the South Korea CDC would probably do a way better job than the current NCDC DG. He grasps the magnitude of the problem which is why CACOVID ordered 400,000 test kits under his leadership. The NCDC DG is way to chill and relaxed to eradicate this virus.
Dangote has no business in the position of DG. He is not trained to be, and the bit he can (and is expected to do) is what he's doing. We cant import someone from South Korea. Too much politics. We can only copy their model, but we simply dont have the capacity to be as effective and swift as them, as far response to the menace is concerned. We dont have the foundational structure. South Africa does not have half of Nigeria's population, yet they spend 8× more on health yearly, and they are still doing lockdown. Yes, they are more responsive with palliative, because they have better ground structures than us. The best option IMHO, is to keep it at a lockdown, while government and top guns like CACOVID gather resources for stimulus packages, and ramp up testing, and concomitantly health facilities. Nigeria was (and is) not ready to tackle a pandemic hands down. It can only manage it till they find cure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Weeliweeli(m): 9:17am On Apr 25, 2020
Otsam:
We will eventually exit this stage and restart our normal life but that stage is still a while to come and I ask for your endurance, support and patience. Lots of efforts are going on across the world to find new therapy , to find vaccine .

That’s it, it’s not like they lock people inside while they doing something to check the situation. They just lock people away, waiting for when their small god countries provides a vaccine. It’s not as if they have anything in their brain to do on their own. All they know is lockdown even when they are yet to up their testing capacity, so the infected ones are also locked together with their relatives so casualties will skyrocket. Now they said they are yet to know the cause of deaths in Kano, what else could it be? Continue lockdown aimlessly and keep incubating fatalities and economic woes. Clueless elements.

Before that can be achieved, no matter how much you lockdown, the virus will take a very very long time to run it's course.

At this point, I propose we go the way of Sweden albeit some interesting modifications.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by persius555(m): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2020
People still continue to call for lockdown because they can still get to buy bread and garri.
Wait till it gets real bad and bread disappears from the shelf, then we will know how foolish we've been
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by bigstan11787(m): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2020
He said, “We will eventually exit this stage and restart our normal life but that stage is still a while to come and I ask for your endurance

Thats after a lot of poor Nigerian must have died
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by SeunWedsLinda(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2020
The question should be "why are we on lock down?". Do we have research institutes working to develop vaccines or are we hoping that the west figure out a cure so we can relax the lockdown? Is the government ready to cater for the daily needs of her citizens? If this pandemic is to linger until next year, are we still going to remain in lockdown until next year? I think we are paying the price for electing into office someone with questionable academic records. Someone whose economic vision is blurry. Our mumu never do.

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by lebienconnu: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2020
gospelpen:
The government will be making a very grievous mistake if the lockdown is not lifted this week.

I understand that the government needs to listen to doctors. They have done that already and kept everyone indoors.

Now it's time to listen to the economists while keeping the doctors close by. You cannot move the whole country beyond this point if you listen solely to NCDC or whatever they call themselves.

NCDC is mainly copying a model from their western counterparts without paying a close attention to the working formula they are also using to sustain their economy.

Devise a working formula for us, open up the economy and save the masses from the hunger that is everywhere already.

This is a nice one.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Viking007(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2020
I don't think the government would be foolish enough to extend this lockdown. That might just be the catalyst that will scatter this useless country. Lockdown with zero palliatives. It's better we die via COVID-19 than starve to death. Nonsense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Chrisjay1998(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2020
So they are still insisting on Lockdown when the Poor masses won't go out and fend for their daily bread,How does this Dumb heads expects Us to survive ?
palliatives that was meant to be given to citizens it was shared with Tribalism and you expect people to cope with it all ?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Waiting this one dey yarn. When they have allocated billions for you to embezzle. What palliative plan did you put in place. You have our numbers to send sms but don't have our account numbers to send money. Na hunger go kill you dere.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by empron(m): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2020
Seun:
For me, the ideal candidate has to have been running an organization with many branches all over the country or even the world. Aliko Dangote, with the assistance of an experienced epidemiologist from the South Korea CDC would probably do a way better job than the current NCDC DG. He grasps the magnitude of the problem which is why CACOVID ordered 400,000 test kits under his leadership. The NCDC DG is way to chill and relaxed to eradicate this virus.
Bitter truth.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Sundaycomputer: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

It's only the living that can make plans!

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

NigeriaWarlord........For The Defense Of The Nation
what did u just said,
I should stay at home with what

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Viking007(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2020
SimplePlan34:
All my calculations are towards Tuesday oo it's not easy for a daily earner to stay a month without earning kobo oo pls dey should not try to extend dis lockdown. Cos dey have no solution just wating for a vaccine to be produced. Many would be dead before then oo. I may hv to resort to begging now oo. Nairlanders pls come and help oo
My brother we're together. cheesy Even those of us with jobs are now facing the risk of not getting a dime as salary for April. I might just modify my signature and insert my account number there. SOS.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by DEADALIVE: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2020
jericco1:
Did he also mention that he gets daily allowance of 500k while the people that they've locked like criminals are waiting for the FG to sort out those that have less than 5k in their account before doling out palliatives... undecided
Nice point you raised...
If all government workers can as well sacrifices their salaries every month for all Nigerians to share equally....i bet you he will be the first to advice pmb bros relax the lock down small.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by barbiegirl4luv(f): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2020
I feel we all have individual problem leaving the government as a body (which is made up of personalities like ourselves) aside. Imagine the way the prices of everything was hyped in which must of these goods are goods the marketers had before the start of the pandemic, even if they feel there was an increase in transportation (which is still due to having the same wicked/exploitative mind) prices shouldn't go up as high as 70% increase, we are here shouting government is not sending palliatives, while we in every corner we find ourselves are looking for every means to exploit the same people we are shouting at the government together. There is indeed no sense in these. Let the lockdown continue and let's keep suffering from our mindsets.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by fedora04: 9:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Even crises can announce you..why
1.Nobody knew who NCDC boss was or what NCDC meant but today the agency and the DG are one of the most popular.That man can contest for senator now

2.People hardly knew who the Minister for health was.He used to be the backbench ministers.But now he is the most busy and popular.

Everyone has his time and moments...

My tots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by iswallker(m): 9:25am On Apr 25, 2020
A stupid government run by a brain dead Almajiri.. undecided

So disconnected from its people - and with zero initiative on how to move a country forward - other than to continue to lock it down.. undecided
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Avalancheman: 9:25am On Apr 25, 2020
This Ihekweazu guy is a piggiddioottt and a BASTARD!
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by lekki1444: 9:25am On Apr 25, 2020
i actually in a weird wayy enjoy this lockdown. when i am driving i am alone on the streets, i dont have to deal with these aggressive belligerent nigerian drivers
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by watchindelta(m): 9:25am On Apr 25, 2020
I support the lockdown but Nigeria government they are all bastard, they gat no plan on the lockdown, show some support for the citizens will still encourage them.

2 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Lamanii22(f): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2020
JosEast:
We need food...

Food is the koko like this...
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by nkemdi89(f): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2020
For close to a month they haven't be able to test up 50 thousand people, in a population of over 200million people.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Fogman(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2020
Rapmoney:
Useless people!

What makes them to be useless? You people don't appreciate the fact that this pandemic is minimal here. If America and Europe with their excellent health facilities can be overwhelmed, what do you think will happen to Nigeria and other African countries with their shambolic health care? It is only the living that makes plan. #StayHome #Staysafe

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by fm7070: 9:29am On Apr 25, 2020
Is it not better to die of corona virus than hunger? Hunger will reduce break down the immune system and expose the body to danger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by DEADALIVE: 9:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Ricchcream:
Dangote has no business in the position of DG. He is not trained to be, and the bit he can (and is expected to do) is what he's doing. We cant import someone from South Korea. Too much politics. We can only copy their model, but we simply dont have the capacity to be as effective and swift as them, as far response to the menace is concerned. We dont have the foundational structure. South Africa does not have half of Nigeria's population, yet they spend 8× more on health yearly, and they are still doing lockdown. Yes, they are more responsive with palliative, because they have better ground structures than us. The best option IMHO, is to keep it at a lockdown, while government and top guns like CACOVID gather resources for stimulus packages, and ramp up testing, and concomitantly health facilities. Nigeria was (and is) not ready to tackle a pandemic hands down. It can only manage it till they find cure.
Who do you depend on for monthly income?
Please kindly take the question to heart and if offended i am sorry.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Advancedman(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2020
sammyj:
I hope they know the consequences of this action without providing food and other palliative to the populace! Not doing so is also a pandemic on it's own!! angry sad tongue " Many families have not been to bury their dead but exception was given to Aba Kyari and his family!

Ali Modu sherif father too.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by drakeskull(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2020
This lockdown isn't ending anytime soon. These vultures are cashing out big time. I know a dude that paid 75m cash for a house at magodo 2 days ago. He brought the cash in an Hilux labelled Covid-19 response team. The government and her cohorts benefitting from this scourge

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bleaching: Nigeria Tops List Of African Countries Whose Women Bleach Their Skin / 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) / Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.