Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown (58522 Views)

What Not To Do During The Lockdown / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Larcardii(f): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2020
Fogman:

What makes them to be useless? You people don't appreciate the fact that this pandemic is minimal here. If America and Europe with their excellent health facilities can be overwhelmed, what do you think will happen to Nigeria and other African countries with their shambolic health care? It is only the living that makes plan. #StayHome #Staysafe
shebi their govt is making proper provisions for Dem...at least dey aren't hungry at home...unlike ur country hunger and corona will kill d citizens
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by holocron: 11:56am On Apr 25, 2020
delpee:

Haba! This has nothing to do with Ramadan. The points have been well articulated by officials several times over. If you’ve been reading about cases that were publicized, you’ll understand that many now don’t know how and when they got infected. That’s community infection. Public transportation, markets, shopping malls, offices, hospitals, schools,Churches, Mosques, restaurants, hotels and clubs are places where many people can get infected at once. If we keep these places open when we have not tested a large number of people, we’ll be taking a huge risk. That’s what happened in Italy, Spain and US. In South Korea, it exploded when one infected person went to Church!

Honestly, I understand the hunger bit which is what I think we should address. Relaxing the lockdown now may not be in our best interests. We don’t have the facilities to cope with massive infection. Only when we survive can we reboot our economy.

People should help the less privileged as much as possible by providing food especially for them to stay at home. I’ve realized that toiletries are much needed too.

May God help us fight our battle against this unseen enemy. Amen

You are a rich madam, or govt, or big company worker. Small and medium scale businesses or companies will start laying off workers at the end of this month if work cannot resume.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by mickum(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2020
Calling on Nairalanders please assist my family we are indeed in need of what to eat,we are starving.i only came back to kaduna last month and I met my family well but the issue is we don't have any food right now to eat.As I am typing this now we haven't cooked anything since yesterday.my mom is a widow she lost her and(my dad) some years 25 March,2002,she is currently a Secondary school teacher.we weren't the "ok' family but mom never let any thing pass us(me and siblings).she did her best with the little she earns to see that we are okay.
I am Mr.Michael Aondongu Kumaga by name,I'm the first child out of 5 siblings. Before the lockdown, I was looking for jobs having resign from my last job in December last year, although I engage myself in any available work if found anyday anytime while searching for better opportunity,. My mom turned out to be the breadwinner of my family all but coronavirus has turned everything around. Since this lockdown, feeding is now onerous task; nothing to put on the fire to cook. My debts within my domain is beyond imaginable proportion, to mention but few.
I know that everyone is affected in what we know today as world pandemics, but I believe that some of us are touched by other peoples pains. I urge you to save our souls with whatever token under your affordabilty, nothing is small in this hard and trial times. What I want is for you guys to please assist me and family with food money while we try to staysafe at home.Thank such as you. May God bless you bountifully.

Gt bank. 0131176635
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Haramslayer: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

It's only the living that can make plans!

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

NigeriaWarlord........For The Defense Of The Nation

Hi @NigerianWarlord, please we need your help in Southern Kaduna. Fulani militiamen just over ran five villages there. As a patriot, we need you to mobilize men to defend Nigerians in that section of the country.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by AXYZ: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
Viking007:
My brother we're together. cheesy Even those of us with jobs are now facing the risk of not getting a dime as salary for April. I might just modify my signature and insert my account number there. SOS.

God forbid you do cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by 9gerian: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
No wonder!

Now I understand where their motivation to do little but keep the people locked down is coming from! They are making big money while the people are starving and losing their livelihoods.

Not surprised though.

jericco1:
Did he also mention that he gets daily allowance of 500k while the people that they've locked like criminals are waiting for the FG to sort out those that have less than 5k in their account before doling out palliatives... undecided
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Fellow Nigerians, Let's comply with ALL NCDC directives for our own good. Safety first, before any other thing.

Stay Home, Stay Safe! words from a dependent spoilt brat. You still feed under your parents or probably your dad is a politicial so you dont know what recession means. Most persons live on what they get from Biz everyday and you ate talking of safety. when revolution comes, i will come to your home and collect your food and money

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by jericco1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
9gerian:
No wonder!

Now I understand where their motivation to do little but keep the people locked down is coming from! They are making big money while the people are starving and losing their livelihoods.

Not surprised though.

That's the money those thieves on the presidential coronavirus taskforce are receiving daily.. it's a shame!
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by lordthree(m): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:

Well said.

The only lockdown goverment is supposed to lift is lockdown on nusery,secondary,and primary schools becos the virus hardly kill children.They should sit down and brain storm ways children will go back to school instead of involving dem in the lockdown for long. Before they lift it they should make it compolsury for teachers to go for test.if they wanna test children also..Fine

They should make it compolsury for teachers ans student to wear nose mask and gloves when going to school,while the school provide sanitisers for teachers and parent.
No parent or visitors should be allowed inside.They can pick up dere kids at the gate.

This is quite honestly the most absurd comment I have read all day.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Kubernetes: 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
fortran12:

It's easier said than done. How many people have you fed on your street?

Yes it's not easy even with me.
But,in this Ramadan I just started giving evening meal to 3 labourers who are my neighbor...
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Bobschieffer: 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

Stay Home, Stay Safe!

You will die untimely this month
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by lordthree(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nelz77:
Deja-vu this keep happening....Just like b4 APC Government came on board every Nigerian was forming Economic and anti corruption guru.

Nigerians are proffering for a Relax in Luckdown like Economics and epidemics guru.

If this Lockdown is relaxed, three of these will happen
1. New cases will escalate
2. Hospitals will be overwhelmed
3. Nigerians.... this same Nigerians agitating for a relaxed Luckdown will accuse this Government of irresponsibility. Saying they’ll forget they where d ones that asked for relaxed Luckdown will b an under statement.

Government shouldn’t dare Relax this Luckdown.

This is exactly what a lot of Nigerians don’t understand

Nigeria is already tagged by WHO to be at the community transmission stage, a month ago we were at Cluster of Cases. USA Spain, Italy etc are examples of countries also at Community transmission this means that the virus isn’t just spread by people who have returned from countries affected, it has gone past that now the virus is in Nigerian communities.

Imagine clamouring to go out to work when there’s a virus even Nigerian doctors barely understand and treatment is only trial and error.

The lockdown must continue because I don’t trust the average Nigerian to maintain social distancing or the proper hygiene required to stop the spread of the virus. Let’s face it quite a number of Nigerians don’t even know what good personal hygiene is and will put others at risk.

I just hope the government extends the lockdown but with palliatives, people have to be given money every month till this virus ends that’s the only way we can achieve at least 95% lockdown compliance.

Finally I hope everyone would choose to stay alive by staying home, there’s nothing worse than being a statistic of a virus ravaging the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Bobschieffer: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
tete7000:

Viral diseases hardly get cured. It is why the emphasis is on vaccine. The way virus interacts with body cells make it difficult to isolate and attack it. It is usually the body that manages to fight it depending on its immune system.
God as kept you from your mother's womb now you think Adam and Eve need vaccine to live...u are blinded by white point view of life...I know people like you. Chackles

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nigeriawarlord(m): 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bobschieffer:

You will die untimely this month

Back to sender!

This unprovoked attack is totally idiotic!

It portrays crass ignorance and overwhelming moral decadence!

3 Likes

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nigeriawarlord(m): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
Jostoman:
so you are one those wicked people abi

The Federal government and the States are providing palliatives to cushion the effect of the lockdown.

The lockdown is for our good to avert serious outbreak like Italy, Spain and the US

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by DEADALIVE: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ricchcream:
That's the big question. The bone of contention, really, but I feel we have to make a choice. Hunger (aka economic stagnation and backwardness) or COVID-19. However, we can also decide to work with the Czech republic style (covering nose and sanitizing), but is it foolproof? Ogun state already said it is enforcing this style on days it allows citizens to come out, effective from May 1. For monthly income, I depend on my fingers and skill, and whatever my right hand can obtain, from the soil and from animals. Support here and there too. I hope we get out of this pretty soon too. That's why I'm here, rubbing minds. I pray something positive comes out from the pool of opinions smiley
Amen
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nicoddemus(m): 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
cry cry
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by DEADALIVE: 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
lordthree:

This is exactly what a lot of Nigerians don’t understand

Nigeria is already tagged by WHO to be at the community transmission stage, a month ago we were at Cluster of Cases. USA Spain, Italy etc are examples of countries also at Community transmission this means that the virus isn’t just spread by people who have returned from countries affected, it has gone past that now the virus is in Nigerian communities.

Imagine clamouring to go out to work when there’s a virus even Nigerian doctors barely understand and treatment is only trial and error.

The lockdown must continue because I don’t trust the average Nigerian to maintain social distancing or the proper hygiene required to stop the spread of the virus. Let’s face it quite a number of Nigerians don’t even know what good personal hygiene is and will put others at risk.

I just hope the government extends the lockdown but with palliatives, people have to be given money every month till this virus ends that’s the only way we can achieve at least 95% lockdown compliance.

Finally I hope everyone would choose to stay alive by staying home, there’s nothing worse than being a statistic of a virus ravaging the world.
Very good submission but one notable thing you failed to mention is where will the money come from because as of now Nigeria is running no business both government and private establishment. Moreso even if vaccine will be out the process and time it will circulate to Nigeria may be September if all things work good... mind you we are even depending rather we should also be looking out for solution to eradicate the virus within instead of looking upto others
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Lush100(m): 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
Infact this is what is in my head,
U have it all.
The last paragraph is exactly what I will happen if we continue this way(instead however to our CREDITORS)

ideaz:

Well said. When will Africa stop being lazy and think their own solutions. Always waiting for others to think for them yet too lazy to even give a thought to applicability of other people's solutions.

This lockdown has achieved nothing from the data we see everyday. I think the economy is the only thing in real lockdown and not really people.

Can NCDC give us data driven information on the progress made and when the lockdown will end? Or they're working on just hope?

Let the vulnerable remain in lockdown while others under strick measures work to keep the economy running else we will be ready to sell this country to our debtors soon.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by dj5naira(m): 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
annyz:
Je ne sais pas quoi dire encore bis. Je prie que Dieu nous accordons miséricorde et essuie cette pandémie à la surface de la terre

Amen.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by tete7000(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bobschieffer:

God as kept you from your mother's womb now you think Adam and Eve need vaccine to live...u are blinded by white point view of life...I know people like you. Chackles

I am sure you were not given vaccine against those seven deadly children's killer disease as an infant o? Abi I lie? ;They say faith without work is dead. The Adam and Eve that existed after the disobedience were ravaged by different forms of diseases and need to find a form of protection from them. They disobeyed by seeking knowledge outside God and in that knowledge are some of the tools they will need to survive.

Some of you always want to sound like you don't need the Whiteman knowledge, sadly your ability to to read and write and the tablet you currently wrote upon iare Whiteman invenfion. If you have study basic biology, you will see the basic truth in what I wrote and wouldn't have replied me with those jargons.i am not a medical doctor but from basic taxonomy I did in secondary school, I knew the nature of virus.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jeferious: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bobschieffer:

You will not enjoy the fruit of your labour ... bastard people death fall on you and your comfort life. Damm fools
Bros no mind that fool. Na small pikin im be. Me sef be wan quote am, but I come reason am say e fit be one Junior secondary school boy wey im uncle manage dash phone wey I dey follow talk with. I kukuma respect myself ignore am.

Because you definitely cannot see a responsible adult, who is not making his living by diverting public funds or being an accomplice to the diversion of public funds, talk like this in this period of time.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2020
We cannot continue with the lockdown . Obviously you guys have nothing new or innovative to add. You are just killings Nigerians hoping that the West would very soon announce a vaccine .

We have lived from the first case to now with all the drama associated with the virus in the West. That should make you guys think outside the solutions of the West.

We saw videos of people calling on the street and dying of pains ...this its not he case here and this continues test is never going to bring any solutions with no vaccine ..... It is like carrying out a malaria test across the country... You are going to find millions with symptoms.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
Useful idiot, what sacrifice has he made for the country?
Posterity will judge them.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Fogman(m): 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
Larcardii:
shebi their govt is making proper provisions for Dem...at least dey aren't hungry at home...unlike ur country hunger and corona will kill d citizens

We are 3rd world country and we all know our government does not have the capacity so do like them, even if they can, corruption will rear its ugly head
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Raypawer(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
God forbid!

OgbeniOja1:
Las las lockdown go reach july
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by sterling25: 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
Can this contour-head of a man pledge to work with pay for as long as the lockdown will last? He is just after his pocket. Nigerians can die for all he cares so long as his pay keeps coming.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by lordthree(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
DEADALIVE:

Very good submission but one notable thing you failed to mention is where will the money come from because as of now Nigeria is running no business both government and private establishment. Moreso even if vaccine will be out the process and time it will circulate to Nigeria may be September if all things work good... mind you we are even depending rather we should also be looking out for solution to eradicate the virus within instead of looking upto others

So what’s your suggestion sir
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by princejenks(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
Funny how a third World country like Nigeria be trying to act like a first world country by trying to strictly apply certain measures like a lock down when it hasn't shown any capacity to take care of citizens who would not be able to sustain themselves in such situation cos they are unable to earn daily income. This govt really has to sit down and brainstorm on a multi-prong approach to deal with the consequences of the covid-19 virus on citizens and the economy, it can at least study how other countries with a large population like ours are handling the situation; am not talking UK or America here, I mean third World countries like ours, since we are too lazy to think in normal times how much more at a critical time like this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bleaching: Nigeria Tops List Of African Countries Whose Women Bleach Their Skin / 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) / Teeth Whitening: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.