Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? (28099 Views)

Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. / Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by victorjoe(m): 6:27am On Apr 27, 2020
emror4u:
Lol, after NYSC Camp POP (Wanune, Benue State) at about 2-3pm, I was redeployed to Akwa-Ibom State. I just couldn't wait to leave the state and get to AKS, my friends told me to chill, that we will all travel the next day through the normal route (Benue - Enugu - Anambra - Imo - Abia - AkwaIbom), Omo na so I check my Google map, and I saw it was only Cross River state was in-between the two states. Taa, I told myself I will make it through. (Worst mistake).
Na so I go park, I saw only one cab going to Odupkani or so (can't really remember the name of that local government), the driver said I'd get a bus going to Calabar, and from there I will see a bus going to Uyo. My brothers and sisters, I didn't know I was on a long thing... We go to our destination Odupkani around 11pm oboy, as I got to the park it was just remaining one chance, and before I could say jack, someone jumped in... Choiii, another 18 seater come position.... Omo I just weak.
I had to call a friend serving in that location, he directed me to his lodge, got there around 12am. The next day, na so the real trip start. Finally got to Akwa-Ibom state around 1pm, partially because of bad road... This was around 2013.
Since then, I swore to always ask proper questions before embarking on trips, especially through places I'm not familiar with.

Hahaha you saw only one state being Cross River and you thought it will be closer to Uyo. People spend 6 hours traveling within Cross River alone. That state big.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by unmask: 6:35am On Apr 27, 2020
Got stranded once.....Travelled with no extra money....got to the last park and realised the fare had gone up by 20 naira.....saw someone that lived close to my area but I just couldn't beg neither could I beg the conductor, because there was a rush then. Trekked from the park to my house for almost 2 hours.....got home and realised an item had been stolen from me.

Felt bad but that is life. I saw it as a blessing to the person that stole from me, probably needed to buy food or something.

Anyways learnt sometimes you might need to shout out for help

Although in my case it is an absolute last on my list to beg or ask for help.....not that it is bad, but I plan better and do things within my capacity
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by eedimo(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2020
I would never forget in a hurry the nightmare of traveling from Jos to Calabar with just 1k.

I started by paying Jos to Lafia, I didn't know how I got to Makurdi from Lafia.
But I swear I spent 4 hrs in Makurdi trying to look for a nice guy to beg from but none came my way.

I finally left Makurdi around 4:15pm .... all thanks to my Fiancee.

That was when our village poeple the hold meeting on top my head. Poverty been use me drink garri.
. Thanks to wisdom and hardwork.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Sctests: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2020
Jaeis:

You can be stranded even with loads of cash on you.

I was traveling back to Calabar from a funeral at one village in Ebonyi state. The vehicle I boarded got stuck in heavy traffic somewhere in Cross River. Due to ongoing road repairs to the main road, we had to use an alternative seemingly bushy road.

There were loads of vehicles stuck on that road, including trucks. The road was narrow and wasn't made to carry dual vehicular traffic, so drivers had had to manage to pass through, without rubbing against themselves, movement was very very very slow.

It was a sunny day so it was discomforting staying seated in a packed vehicle moving at snail speed. Occasionally I had to alright from the vehicle to stretch my legs and get refreshment from hawkers.

At some point just a few meters ahead, a caterpillar and a truck were stuck tying to pass side by side since the road was really narrow.

I just strolled forward to get a better view and see how things would be resolved. The issue was resolved in less than 10 minutes and cars began to move freely again and before I knew what was going on, the road became empty.

The vehicle I'd boarded had driven off and left me stranded, I didn't even know when it passed

Luckily I only had a back pack as luggage and I was carrying it, otherwise I would've lost my stuff.

Apparently, the main road had been opened so vehicles didn't need to use this alternate route anymore.

I had a loaded wallet but no vehicle to board undecided

Around 7pm I was able to hitch a ride with a bus carrying farm produce to the city I was going to.

It was one heck of a ride, the bus had no seats and no headlights, at some point it began to rain and the roof was leaking so badly that you'd think there was no roof.

I eventually got home at 11pm with several several hard lesson learnt.

You are one of those annoying passengers that always jumped out of bus at every slight traffic during interstate journeys to 'stretch your legs'.
Una no dey keep nyash one place and always end up wasting other passengers time after every little stop or traffic jam.

Served you right.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 27, 2020
Sctests:

You are one of those annoying passengers that always jumped out of bus at every slight traffic during interstate journeys to 'stretch your legs'.
Una no dey keep nyash one place and always end up wasting other passengers time after every little stop or traffic jam.

Served you right.

Thanks grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by KingAzubuike(f): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2020
Sctests:

Served you right.
Most times I'm always happy the driver left them behind. They no dey gree stay one place. Some of them will say they wan shìt , they wan piss. Using almost about 30min to do their thing.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Hollysaint: 6:55am On Apr 27, 2020
Na uniben Alumni full here o...
aieromon:
I had another experience in 2003 when I was returning back to UNIBEN for the new semester. My pops dropped me in Ohonba park, Abule Egba around 9am on a Sunday but the passenger traffic was pretty low. A guy and his fiancee drove into the park in a Jetta wagon and rubbed minds with the park officials. One of the park officials met me and said the guy was on his way to Benin and he needed 2 passengers to join him. A MOPOL and I quickly jumped in and we set out.

This bloody car broke down in Ojodu and we spent the whole day repairing the car. I couldn't go back home and explain to my people so I just sat down with them. Besides, I had a big travel bag and mattress in the car trunk and as far as I was concerned, going back home wasn't an option. The mechanic finally fixed the car and when it was time to pay the mechanic, the guy didn't have enough money on him as he had already used our bus fare to buy fuel. He begged me for money and I dropped the only money I had on me (₦4000) for him to complete the payment so we can head out.

We eventually left Berger by 4pm and the journey was smooth until the car got bad again somewhere before Ore around 6pm. Immediately, Oga MOPOL got down and removed his uniform, wrapped it in his sack bag, told us to leave the expressway asap and then bade us farewell leaving me with the guy and his fiancee grin

Three of us had no Kobo on us and the day was getting dark. A towing van parked beside us and offered to tow the vehicle to his village on credit grin. He also offered his room for us to pass the night even though I couldn't sleep because of the strange noises.

The next morning, this guy borrowed money from the tow van buddie for transport to Benin to bring his mechanic. They both came back around 1pm, worked on the car and we hit the road around 3pm. I finally got to Osasogie around 8pm (23 hours journey).

I used a month to shuttle between classes and draw my money from this guy.

Some people are not worth helping.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Futurejoy(f): 7:07am On Apr 27, 2020
Collegenews:
As the title says, have you ever been stranded while travelling especially due to lack of fund?
I had similar experience once, I was travelling from Abuja to Lagos 2015 and I had just #800 on me.

I took a bike to Federal college of education, Zuba. Trekked down the road and waited for like four hours looking for a free lift.

After the prolonged exposure to the scorching son, an old man in his say 60s driving a pick up truck loaded with food stuff finally slowed down to pick some passengers, I lied down flat on the road to beg him not even minding the other passengers there. I told him my plight and he had pity on me.

That was how he dropped me at Ojota and I found my square root.

I was left with #220 after I got home.

Share your experience.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by honest1480(m): 7:15am On Apr 27, 2020
ITbomb:
Way back 2006, I came to PH from Owerri to submit a scholarship form and see a relative

After submission, I called the man, he told me he was at work and will call me back when he closes so that we go home together.
With no phone, I was stuck with a call girl as my only communication with the man.
From 3pm (after reassuring calls at intervals you talk for 10 secs and pay 1 min) , I hung around the town till 8pm when his line switched off, the call girls then were folding their umbrellas to close for the day.
I had to use last money to pay for night browsing just to be at a safe place, I browse for an hour and doze off..
Early morning, I began begging and raise enough trans. I didn't bother calling the man again
So pathetic. How did u later end up with your relative after struggling your way back to Owerri?
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by victorjoe(m): 7:24am On Apr 27, 2020
McMayor:
Mine happened in year 2010. I went to visit a friend in Benue state(Otukpo). I board flight landed in Enugu then another 2hrs road trip to my destination. It was a round trip. On the day I was supposed to head back to lagos... I had #7000 I paid cab guy that took me from Otukpo to Enugu Airport I think #3500. I had #3500 left but there was robbery along the way which delayed my journey,... long story short, I missed my flight. I was told by Aero that I would have to wait till the next day for another flight or I would have to make it to Owerri to catch another flight. I boarded bus headed Owerri. Enugu to Owerri I think its about 2hrs trip but bus broke down, I spent 3hrs. I saw the plane took off. I just felt sorry for myself. I asked around if I could book a new flight that would leave same day, I was told... That was the last flight for that day. But I needed to get to Lagos that day. I had to board bus which I 8 doing when traveling long distance. Ok I swallowed my pride, I boarded executive bus. I bought a pack of Gulder I sha started drinking. The drink was causing me to pee which I kept stopping the driver just as we got to ore, I told driver I wanted to pee... Guess what? Driver drove off!!!! God . But I had just #500 on me as cash. God, what am I going to do? I have to get to lagos that same day. I boarded bus headed to ijebu Ode i trekked from ijebu Ode Express to Ibadan garage before i could get a working ATM machine. Ok I got enough cash but they said last bus already left for lagos. Infact I was just about crying but this small car came shouting lagos lagos... The way I got into it, till today I dont even understand. I sha got to Beger almost 12am.

That was very irresponsible. You knew you were traveling on a long journey and you were drinking.

You no been know say u go de pee every 5 mins?

That wasn't nice.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by lanreblow: 7:32am On Apr 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:
I can't be stranded..

With public transport change bus and continue my Journey..

If worse come to worse look for hotel to Lodge.

There are things that are not worth arguing on a serious note.

I had this mentality until last year. There was no hotel around where the bus packed up. No buses were ready to pick up passengers for fear of being robbed. I spent at least 8 hours on the road before I finally entered a car, then a "trailer" and finally another car going my destination. The story is a long one. But you can't be too sure you'll never be stranded.
I still see that day as one funny moment in my life. I had so much confidence that everything was in control until the sun began to set.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Ikutomtom: 7:38am On Apr 27, 2020
I thank God for helping me early this year. I had problem with paying my school fees and I decided to traveled from Abeokuta to Lagos state to met with some people I had worked with maybe they could be of help. but to my greatest surprised none of the could help me. I have just 600 naira with me and it's not possible for me to stay the next day because I have a test the next day. I thought at least if they can't help me with money I asked for, at least they would be to helped me with the transportation to go back to Abeokuta, but none the gave me anything. I trekked from Akute to berger and when got to berger I was told the transportation is 600 naira from berger to sango. I first entered the vehicle but later withdrew from it because of the money I had with me. I trekked again from berger to a certain place through the help of Aboki to a certain place which I took bus from that place to some where200 naira it remain 400 naira. I don't know how God did it the second bus that carried me didn't collected money I was even calling him for money but he didn't answered me. that is how I got to Abeokuta with the some of 300 naira because I took bike of 100 from outskirts of Abeokuta to my house. I thank God

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Sctests: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2020
McMayor:
Mine happened in year 2010. I went to visit a friend in Benue state(Otukpo). I board flight landed in Enugu then another 2hrs road trip to my destination. It was a round trip. On the day I was supposed to head back to lagos... I had #7000 I paid cab guy that took me from Otukpo to Enugu Airport I think #3500. I had #3500 left but there was robbery along the way which delayed my journey,... long story short, I missed my flight. I was told by Aero that I would have to wait till the next day for another flight or I would have to make it to Owerri to catch another flight. I boarded bus headed Owerri. Enugu to Owerri I think its about 2hrs trip but bus broke down, I spent 3hrs. I saw the plane took off. I just felt sorry for myself. I asked around if I could book a new flight that would leave same day, I was told... That was the last flight for that day. But I needed to get to Lagos that day. I had to board bus which I 8 doing when traveling long distance. Ok I swallowed my pride, I boarded executive bus. I bought a pack of Gulder I sha started drinking. The drink was causing me to pee which I kept stopping the driver just as we got to ore, I told driver I wanted to pee... Guess what? Driver drove off!!!! God . But I had just #500 on me as cash. God, what am I going to do? I have to get to lagos that same day. I boarded bus headed to ijebu Ode i trekked from ijebu Ode Express to Ibadan garage before i could get a working ATM machine. Ok I got enough cash but they said last bus already left for lagos. Infact I was just about crying but this small car came shouting lagos lagos... The way I got into it, till today I dont even understand. I sha got to Beger almost 12am.

You are a very careless human being.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by acer101: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2020
Hello bro, I tried to message you already, I want to discuss something urgent with you, thanks.
izibili44:
where you dey among the crowd. i wan see your picture.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by emmy512: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2020
Sometime in 2014 i left Calabar to write jamb, i i stayed with my grandfather in calabar and just finished secondary school, but my dad said I was to Young to enter university so he didn't pay for any jamb stuff but my grandad was of the notion i should get experience even if i don't pass I'll learn.
I was to write at Adventist secondary school owerinta abia state, computer based. I made findings with my blackberry maps and found hotels and guesthouses nearby. I was given 8k for the journey, used peace mass and paid 1800 to abia state , i was to stop at osisioma them find my way to owerinta, took me exactly 3hrs from Calabar to osisioma.
As i entered osisioma bus all the conductor was speaking was igbo and i i didn't understand but few comon igbo words i understood, like when he said weteh ego i i knew he needed money, i didn't want to look like a stranger or behave like one so i i won't be scammed. My blackberry map showed i would have to stop at a junction along isiangwala north but then after 20 minutes i realized i hadn't seen another junction since the first two.
I then realized i had passed and gone too far.
I still didn't want to look like jjc so i told the conductor i would stop their at the isia ngwala highway no houses nearby and everybody was shocked but didn't ask me if i knew where i was going, i saw various vehicles and begged to be taken to the nearest junction and nobody helped. So i started walking down. Luckily i saw an old lady riding bike and i asked her for directions and she told me how to get their. I walked again and saw a bike man and I told him to take me to owerinta and he told me 500 naira, i was shocked, that place can't be far like that to take 500, 500 would take me around Calabar. so i begged and he took 400. Surprisingly he passed another road entirely that look liked road to evil forest i was about to panic but kept my cool bracing myself incase i needed to fight.
He now told me it was short cut so i tried to trust him. Luckily he took me to the secondary school within 12 minutes, i now told him there's a guest house near the school at trailer park, he now told me he knows the place that it'll cost another hundred naira, i agreed and it was just 3 minutes ride he collected additional hundred.
I reached the guest house around4, meanwhile i arrived aba at 12.
The name of the guest house was called sir pee guest house near welcome to imo state . The owner was an old but funny man, gentle and understanding he collected 3500 instead of 4k whenni told him my issue and that i came for jamb..
3500+500+1800 = 5800. So i had spent 5800 out of 8.5k on the first day. I decided to eat that night and the place i i saw food was 400. 6200 spent.
I was running out of cash, my plan was to write the exams and leave immidiately, so the next day exams that was slated for 9 was postponed till 3pm, so i i w
wondered how ill get back to calabar.
One of the most annoying thing was that i had 2300 left and I was told at the gate i have to pay another 5h to enter the school, i did calculations and realized i won't have transport back, i begged the security guys and they didn't flinch so i gave them 500 and went in, now they said no phones so i codedly made freinds with the assistant school rep one adaobi, i gave her my 2go contact and also gave her my new blackberry bold6 that battery was at 50% with hope that I'll trust her, luckily she was sent to invigilate us as invigilator we're not much compared to the number of candidates so she helped me in English n physics.
Later she Left and i didn't see her again till i finished until around 5pm i saw her and she gave me the phone, we parted ways and i checked the phone was 4% and BB phones once it gets to 5 percent nothing like calls can be done so i saved it.
I had 2300 left and 1800 was supposed to be for transport via peace mass then 200 was supposed to take me out to peace mass, when i reached they told me from aba to Calabar isn't the same price as Calabar to aba. I had 2100 left so i decided to look for another transit even all this sienna was an option.
The ones i found weren't going to calabar that evening, i i was hungry also. While walking around past 5 i noticed an aktc bus pass, that's whenni realized that aktc would be in aba i iocated them asap and they had on 6 passengers and it needed to be full before leaving.
The lady at the counter said the price to calabar was 1900 so i paid and with the 2h remaining i bought gala two, and hundred left was my transportation back to the house when i reach aktc Calabar and i put it in the side pocket of my school bag.
The bus didn't get full so we left around 6 and arrived Calabar around 9 30.
My grandad was worried that he sent me to another state alone, as my number was off he couldn't reach me and with his high BP i was hoping he doesn't worry too much. as i reached Calabar near the park i stopped with another lady and she had 2 children and 3 bags, so i helped her take the bags to the nearest safe zone and left. Heres the annoying part that makes me remember this story. As i was about getting a taxi, i checked where i put the money and it wasn't their, i i checked again and it wasn't their, i got confused and started emptying my bag and as a guy man i went to an atm at unical gate ans pretended to be withdrawing money only that i was moving clothes and shoe searching for 100 naira,, I didn't find it so i gave up.
So around 10pm i started walking from uncal gate bare foot to calabar south the self acclaimed dangerous part of Calabar. It took me an hour to walk from their to cross River State University of technology where i stayed at the staff quarters and after much deliberation with the security guards they let me through, had to walk another 20 minutes to the house.
So 11: 30 i was at home, tired then noticed waterboard had siezed water, nothing to drink at home, my grandad saw me and was relieved then started asking why i off my phone and all.
I explained everything to him. As i lay on the bed with my school bag, i wasn't even looking at it, my hands were unconsciously entering the side pocket where i put that hundred naira and i realized i was touching paper i moved it and behold the 100 naira was just there looking at me, I wanted to craze,
Apart from bp my grandad had low sugar issues and he was alone in the house, just me and him as i wasn't around there was no one to get money at atm for him so he was cashless... Some minutes later he started acting up i i called his doctor and explained things to him and i was told to give him sugar or coke, nobody takes sugar at home, so coke was option but he had no money, and all shops where close.
Then i took that hundred naira, luckily found keke around to 12, that took me to crutech gate and as i i w searching for. Where to get coke that night, i saw some girls i used to see buying things from the market coming from night class with coke and nescaffe so i begged them for their coke explaining my issue and they gave it to me,
I didn't find keke back, so i ran back with half bottle of coke and gave to my grandad he drank and was feeling ok, so next day we went to hospital.

Now imagine i didn't get frustrated in abia state i certainly wouldn't have had that money with me to pay transport to get coke. He would have died from the low sugar probably,
Just last year he died of low sugar, 6 years after the first incident only that i had grown and was no longer staying with him.

Everything happens for a reason guys.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by alexola20(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by RioCarputo(m): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2020
Collegenews:
As the title says, have you ever been stranded while travelling especially due to lack of fund?
I had similar experience once, I was travelling from Abuja to Lagos 2015 and I had just #800 on me.

I took a bike to Federal college of education, Zuba. Trekked down the road and waited for like four hours looking for a free lift.

After the prolonged exposure to the scorching son, an old man in his say 60s driving a pick up truck loaded with food stuff finally slowed down to pick some passengers, I lied down flat on the road to beg him not even minding the other passengers there. I told him my plight and he had pity on me.

Share your experience.
guy you try oo, you still remain #220 out from #800. from Abuja to Lagos. I salute you oh.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Olayinka777(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2020
Collegenews:

Left Abuja around 4 Pm, got to lagos around 12PM the next day. The truck was kind of slow.

Is it clear now?
Oh! It is now very clear Boss.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Mhyketh(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=Millenniumlady post=88889254] greedy
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Mhyketh(m): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2020
Volkswagen90:
hmm,i guess u still small then?
yes I was then.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Mhyketh(m): 8:44am On Apr 27, 2020
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by newman0017(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2020
What happened to me.. I was serving in remote Taraku, Benue State took excuse 4rm my PPA. Traveled to see my parents in the East(Owerri) as I stayed in Abj with my bro in then and haven't seen them in a while. I was in Owerri eating mama vegetable soup and got a call 4rm my CLO that my LI said she was coming the next morning *the woman sabi suprise person no be small* as I heard that... I lost the taste of food in my mouth immediately.... grin grin I enjoy night travels so I wasn't worried las las i go enter Taraku early mor mor b4 she comes 4rm Makurdi(almst 3hrs by bus)... Around 3pm I got set and enterd bus 2 onistha(not far) got there around after 5. Night bus no dey that day until one driver said he would go to Ukari in Taraba but would pass through Makurdi, guess he got a call...I happy so started waiting make bus full b4 setting off. D Bus no fresh at all grin, ...It was me with two other guys and the driver were men in the bus.. BUS no fresh oo(check Bus wen dem dey use carry bush market goods) na so so mama mama full am o.. Well left Tow Gate Onistha around 9:40pm... Check waka na... Around 3am we just entered Benue(Ogbadigbo) na so me and the other guy in front hear sound... Driver wetin?? him say him fan belt shocked shocked This man stop 4 road, bushes everywhere and armed robbers dey operate on that route, Driver dey early 60s. He said everyone should come down and hide their bags and belongings in nearby bush and stay away from the place ... Driver had a spare belt and tools but it was to fix it (look at his age, look at the time, I know nada abt mechanics or anything automobile) driver asked me to hold the torch for him as AJI WAYA NA(I Gallant) na so him begin struggle with losing the matter oo... I pity the man asap.... Thank God for one of the guys in the Bus, he said he doesn't do the work but sells those parts so he asked the driver for one or two, the driver provided it, he asked me to show light well for him, na so under 40mins this guy don lose this things, fix the new one and was almost done coupling it back... I just dey shine torch like say my allawee depended on it... grin grin This guy finished this thing, driver tested it and said it was okay to move... Na so we move oo....As driver dey go him confess say make we thank the guy because if na only am, it will take him at least 1hr to 1hr 30mins to get it done... Na so we arrive Otukpo around 5am... The small HIGHGRADE I carry along wink grin, I bake with the guy oo grin grin... God is Miraculous Finally... I got to my PPA collected my clearance b4 8:30 as my Principal no dey use me play... Did the clearance, come call my Benue Girl grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by afecgivers: 8:46am On Apr 27, 2020
I PAID A STRANDED WOMAN TRANSPORT FARE THAT LATER RESCUED ME FROM THE HANDS OF MOBILE POLICE SAME DAY!

I paid fare a fare for a stranded woman and her 3 years old son from Abuja to Jos. I came for a business meeting in Abuja, the meeting lasted till around 10pm and I had to return that same day because of a business appointment the next day.

When I got to the pack, I boarded a peugoet sallon car. A woman approached me about her ordeal and I decided to render help. Our vehicle moved around 11:30 pm.

The driver was so sluggish and refused to settle the police on high way and he was not in possession of any valid document, his attitude provoked me and I had no choice than to shout at him in the next police check point..."GIVE THIS STUPID PEOPLE N20 MAKE WE CUMUT HERE"..A police officer heard me and he said "WHO TALK AM! Na man voice I hear".

(From there, i knew I'm doomed..e don tey wey i dey talk..this one don catch me..no be joke o)

The driver had no option than to park, the police men asked everyone of us to come out including the driver...one of them gave our driver heavy slap, that he should reveal the person that said it. Only one igbo man sitting close to me knew I was the one that said it others didn't know because some were even sleeping.

God those mopol were brutal, they asked all the male to pull off their pants and we should walk on our kneels until we reveal the person who said it.

Surprise! The Igbo man was the first person to pull his pant and others follow except me. (I RESPECT THE IGBOS)

To cut the story short, I call one of the officers aside, where i narrated all the challenges that made the man to say such negative talk...You know what! I got the highest unforgettable slap of my life after my confession.

They asked everyone to enter the car and that they should leave me with them...only the woman and her son i paid her fare refused to enter, she begged to the detriment of other passengers who were willing to move.

Because of her, i was rescued from the hands of the dreaded night mopol. Give Help whenever you can because you do not know what will happen next.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by sureteeboy(m): 8:53am On Apr 27, 2020
newman0017:
What happened to me.. I was serving in remote Taraku, Benue State took excuse 4rm my PPA. Traveled to see my parents in the East(Owerri) as I stayed in Abj with my bro in then and haven't seen them in a while. I was in Owerri eating mama vegetable soup and got a call 4rm my CLO that my LI said she was coming the next morning *the woman sabi suprise person no be small* as I heard that... I lost the taste of food in my mouth immediately.... grin grin I enjoy night travels so I wasn't worried las las i go enter Taraku early mor mor b4 she comes 4rm Makurdi(almst 3hrs by bus)... Around 3pm I got set and enterd bus 2 onistha(not far) got there around after 5. Night bus no dey that day until one driver said he would go to Ukari in Taraba but would pass through Makurdi, guess he got a call...I happy so started waiting make bus full b4 setting off. D Bus no fresh at all grin, ...It was me with two other guys and the driver were men in the bus.. BUS no fresh oo(check Bus wen dem dey use carry bush market goods) na so so mama mama full am o.. Well left Tow Gate Onistha around 9:40pm... Check waka na... Around 3am we just entered Benue(Ogbadigbo) na so me and the other guy in front hear sound... Driver wetin?? him say him fan belt shocked shocked This man stop 4 road, bushes everywhere and armed robbers dey operate on that route, Driver dey early 60s. He said everyone should come down and hide their bags and belongings in nearby bush and stay away from the place ... Driver had a spare belt and tools but it was to fix it (look at his age, look at the time, I know nada abt mechanics or anything automobile) driver asked me to hold the torch for him as AJI WAYA NA(I Gallant) na so him begin struggle with losing the matter oo... I pity the man asap.... Thank God for one of the guys in the Bus, he said he doesn't do the work but sells those parts so he asked the driver for one or two, the driver provided it, he asked me to show light well for him, na so under 40mins this guy don lose this things, fix the new one and was almost done coupling it back... I just dey shine torch like say my allawee depended on it... grin grin This guy finished this thing, driver tested it and said it was okay to move... Na so we move oo....As driver dey go him confess say make we thank the guy because if na only am, it will take him at least 1hr to 1hr 30mins to get it done... Na so we arrive Otukpo around 5am... The small HIGHGRADE I carry along wink grin, I bake with the guy oo grin grin... God is Miraculous Finally... I got to my PPA collected my clearance b4 8:30 as my Principal no dey use me play... Did the clearance, come call my Benue Girl grin grin
grin grin grin No be small thing.

That day ehn, I had to enter Benue via one of these northern open trucks they use in carrying small goods. I and one other corper like that sat in the back. Cold won kill me that day as the vehicle started moving. We later entered Otukpo around 12am. Luckily, we were in that truck with a lady who happens to stay in Otukpo (She sat in the front with the driver though). We stayed at her place that day, then we found our way the following morning grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by BIXYBABE: 9:17am On Apr 27, 2020
A painful experience
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Collegenews: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2020
RioCarputo:

guy you try oo, you still remain #220 out from #800. from Abuja to Lagos. I salute you oh.

Baba na just God, I no fit try that ever again.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by ashala(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2020
How can I ever forget that night in 2005.

I was a corper serving in Jigawa State, Dutse to be precise. On that fateful day, I was supposed to travel to Abuja to see my cousin who lived in Gwagwalada then . I wasted a lot of time with my friends which made me travel late in the evening. My guys even warned me to postpone the trip to the next day but I was very obstinate, insisting that I must go that evening.

I got to the park and to worsen things, our bus took time to fill up.

We finally left , driving through Kano, Kaduna and finally getting to Abuja very late in the night.
This was were my problems started. I couldn't see a single bus going to Gwagwalada as they had all stopped due to the time.

See me nah, I be corper wey no get money to lodge for hotel. I became totally confused with no inkling of what to do.

Finally, I came to a conclusion and decided to go to the nearest Police station to see if they will allow me spend the night there.
At the police station, the police men rejected all my pleas insisting that I might be a robber who disguised as a corper in order to attack them later in the night.

I had no other option than to leave dejectedly resolving to accept my fate. But luckily for me, as I was leaving their compound, a police man at the gate called me back and offered to allow me sleep on a bench inside the compound. I happily slept on top of that Bench with mosquitoes singing in my ears till morning.

That night will always remain indelible in my memory. If only I can see that policeman that helped a young broke corper then, the way I will reward him eh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Ositace(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:
I don't really like typing stories but lemme say this

I think this one happened last year..At the end of our first semester exams, I wanted to return back to Lagos... Instead of following reputable transport companies like iyare, God is good and the likes.. I decided to follow SUG bus because it was very cheap(half the price I'm supposed to pay if I followed God is good and the likes)

But the main reason I followed the bus was because I had used most of my fare and by the time I had paid, I had only 200 naira with me

So when the bus (SUG) came to meet us at Hall 2 car park..it was very bad..... from looking at it ..one can suspect that this bus would have so many faults but I and the other passengers didn't care. We were all concerned on getting home..

So we paid and did all the necessary before the bus started it's journey.

The Journey became a nightmare after we got past ore. Suddenly the driver just stopped the bus and told us that there was a fault in the bus and that we should all come down..After a few grumbling from all of us, we all came down. Then the driver told us to be walking to the front that he'll meet us along the way. That period was fun as due to the fact that almost all of us were students, we all chatted with ourselves and made fun of the driver (behind his back tho). Then the bus met us on the way and we all entered.

But immediately we got past sagamu, The driver started complaining about the bus that it had a lot of faults and that he'll not be able to carry us to our final destination.. This thing infuriated most of us and we were all shouting at the driver that he should refund part of the money so that we'll be able to get another transport to our place . But the driver was adamant. He refused to give us anything at all claiming he didn't have any money on him.

After everything ..He was able to successfully carry us into Lagos..then he stopped us at ojota.... saying that his brake pads has spoilt and he can't afford to continue the journey.. After all the pleading, he refused to give us part of our money..

We all came down...

Then it dawned on me that I had just 200 naira on me ..and where I was going was still miles ahead(I was Going to cele)

So while other passengers were getting buses to go their various places..I was jus standing , hoping my dad would come and rescue me(that one just tell me that if I lost..e nor concern am)
After waiting for too long..I found a bus that was going to a different cele and I entered.. then they told me that they were not going my cele( first time I knew that we had two cele bus stop in lagos) But by then...they had already covered half of the journey..So the conductor gave me back 100 naira..

where they stopped me..when I asked how much was cele from there, they said 400..and I was with just 100 naira

so with my load(2 bags) I trekked and trekked and trekked and trekked(na dat day I know say Lagos jus small for map..e nor small for real life)
By the time I got past ogudu, I was already tired and weak but because I didn't want to beg..I continued mostly in desperation hoping if I could reach oshodi by foot...My problems would be half solved ..But oshodi seemed very far..when I asked how much for oshodi from where I was , it was still way above the money with me

Then I became very frustrated and had to do what I hated doing..BEG

Then I met one woman and explained my plight to her .. To my surprise..she gave me the money..I was very grateful to her(God will continue to bless that woman wherever she is)

Then immediately I boarded a bus and I got to cele...then from there I just trekked it to my house in okota...

Since then..I've made a vow not to enter uniben SUG bus and never to embark on a transport without holding at least 1000

But I don break all the vows sha cheesy grin
This your story ehn!!! Na lie full am... Cos I don't understand how you dropped at ojota and took bus going to cele and after getting half way, you started trekking till you got to ogudu... You forget say ogudu dey for ojota?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Etinosa1234: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2020
Ositace:

This your story ehn!!! Na lie full am... Cos I don't understand how you dropped at ojota and took bus going to cele and after getting half way, you started trekking till you got to ogudu... You forget say ogudu dey for ojota?

I owe u nothing bro. U can decide whether to believe or not
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Etinosa1234: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2020
Tony36353:

na the normal "i dae hear" "i dae hear"... all na story..oluku cheap well

I know say e cheap...but all those rumours have a way of instilling fear in someone
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Gfash22(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2020
Collegenews:

Share your experience.

Please help a brother...I am a student who has been badly affected by the lockdown. I have not been chanced to visit my family for a long time. Now there is nothing to eat. I need urgent help because there is no family here...My last resort now is to plead for the help of Nairalanders- GT Bank...0138904879... Thanks! May God bless you all
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by nini007(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2020
It was from Ife to Ibadan. Had no other money after paying the driver in full and and plan to drop at the nearest bus stop which is like 5kilometers. We sha spent about 6hours on the trip.

Overheating problem where driver had to stop every 10minutes looking for water.

Got to a point, he parked on the road and went to look for water around 8pm. We were now scared to the marrow and plenty thoughts started flowing in from everyone.people started praying.

I just used church mind to drop from the bus and moved into the nearby bush where he went through, "lo and behold" guy was sitting with his friends taking ogogoro.

Had to start begging him oooo. We took water and filled the radiator, continued our journey while he was so drunk...

Got to Ibadan Toll Gate around 9:15, driver was now fully mad and we all had to drop to save our dear lives.

Na so begging start.... A woman now gave me 200 naira sha. That took me home... Very funny trip.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi Inspects Ajaokuta- Itakpe Warri Rail Line (Pictures) / Advice On Studying In Poland / Family Of 5 Fall Into A River In Delta, Survived (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.