Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? (9387 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
wiseone28:
Read again your spelling before someone doubt if you are truly a teacher grin
well nobody is above mistake and am not an exception to that, I thanks for the correction
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nobody can tell private school stories than me guys.... I intentionally went for an interview close to the school near my house... They needed English language teacher. ( I studied English) i have a good CV. After the interview, i made it to the negotiation level. When i finally met up with the so called director after wasting my time for 3hours. I just quietly went in there cus i was the best candidate. I looked at the man and said to him 'oga value graduates' and left. Till today, the man still they invite me at least for a brief discussion.

10 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by xrayj(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

The business is lucrative but it requires attention. Though i had experience in it through my in-law back then. What u need is to master mixture of colours and other things. U also require a lot of money as ur capital. Etc
Thanks
Like what should one be looking at
Are machines involved?
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by bukiah: 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
doggedfighter:

Digital skills like what?
Please give examples
Example of online trading too, please
☑️
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
jesmond3945:
what programs should one learn to be in your shoes now?
I wouldn't tell you that life was too easy at the beginning of the struggle. I began as a supervisor in a lounge. I had no experience but i went to cyber cafe( though i have computer skills) i edited my cv and lied that i have worked in two different hotels grin i got no choice but I needed to start. I took the salary and paid for IT programs. It wasn't difficult for me to learn. I then applied to different companies and finally got the job ( with another edited cv o) man got to survive guy. But i never acted as if i was a novice. I was stable and dedicated until i began to wax. Those programs now cost a lot. Then na beg dem dey beg us with small token offer.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
mokay:
I just have to type this out to encourage someone who might need it. I use to be a teacher and I quite understand the plight of the young male teachers. If you are reading this, the first thing you have to do is to change your mentality. If you look critically, most of these teachers are females with less financial responsibilities. I decided to switch into freelance academic writing. The money I make for a single project is more than my monthly salary. I have to quit when it seems I'm too 'big' for the management. Too big I mean coming late and the rest.
You can't keep doing same thing and expect the same result. If you can read this, you have everything you need to quit teaching.
Loving this bro. In fact make i dey follow u for this forum. U just getting everything perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
I just pray after this whole lock down and I put to bed I pray to get another job, propertries and propertors are just inhuman...is this kind critical time you really know them...your teachers work for you for whole month till on 20th all you could do is give them 4k out of 14k..i will never go back to that school after this lock down.
Jesooooos... 14k ur salary ... Suffer dey this country o. Wetin u dey use am do? grin ooh maybe u be corp member
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
devlishGINGER:
before we could hold the meeting the man was playing hide and seek
Lol... Even time to pay salary will be same
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

Jesooooos... 14k ur salary ... Suffer dey this country o. Wetin u dey use am do? grin ooh maybe u be corp member
copper ke, am a graduate Ohh, served three years ago. A lot of things are limiting me for now.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
i leave very close to my propertries she will see me and pretend like nothing is wrong..even some parent that live close to me and see still owning me lesson money will just see me and Waka pass.. Is well jor
Eiyaaa ... That's how they behave.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
tiswell:
But your use of English isn't up to 4k in true worth.
Na wa for u guy.... She isn't a good content creator. At least she don deliver her message exactly the way she is feeling.

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
well nobody is above mistake and am not an exception to that, I thanks for the correction
Not again dear I thanks kwa? grin

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Have u ever wore a new shoe or shirt and ur boss will notice?
Have u ever experienced that ur colleague was sacked because of what he or she said during PTA meeting?
Have you been called in for question and answer between you and ur student or students?
Have you ever denied ursef sleep simply because of lesson note?
Have u ever calculated how much that is left in your account because the month is ending?
Have you ever noticed that even your fellow teachers are worse than your students or pupils?
Have you ever come to work and ask your colleagues if they have received alert cus u felt like ur bank network is having issues grin
Have u ever had private lessons that even the parents of those children really want u to perform magic cus they are paying u?( And their children na confirm olodo)
Have you ever attended staff meeting but it is never a meeting but a command that u must follow.
Have u ever noticed deduction from your salary and your boss said that it's bcus u came late or u never took permission ?
Have you ever noticed that the so called holy teachers are the most wicked ppl in school premises?
Have u ever noticed that ur boss gives an example of someone he or she sacked cus the person never make am?
Have u ever noticed that the lazy teachers are the ones that will report the hardworking ones to the authority...
Did u not have noticed that u may say that u wanted to teach for just for small time but u will end up being there for 5years grin
Make i still dey write?
Run from teaching....
They have cousins, daughters, sons, etc that they can pay peanut....
They always monitor anyone that leaves thinking that the person will be a failure.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
copper ke, am a graduate Ohh, served three years ago. A lot of things are limiting me for now.
It's well dear. Plan well and run for your life.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
bukiah:
Thanks for the advice. I am a teacher, a govt secondary school teacher. But I am not fullfil. I had to take the job like seven years ago after being jobless for so many years. I had to do a PGD in Education. Please how can I learn all these things on-line. There's always this feeling of emptiness in me. I don't want to depend on teaching alone. At least I should use this locked down period to improve myself. Please bro, how can you tutor me. I sincerely need your help

Drop your WhatsApp line
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
xrayj:

Thanks
Like what should one be looking at
Are machines involved?
Auto base and auto cray paints needed machines that can help determine the colours and quantity.
U need to start with auto flex and colour charts. U need to master manual paint mixtures too .. like ones u look at a paint, u will detect all the colours that can give u the colour grin
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:
Have u ever wore a new shoe or shirt and ur boss will notice?
Have u ever experienced that ur colleague was sacked because of what he or she said during PTA meeting?
Have you been called in for question and answer between you and ur student or students?
Have you ever denied ursef sleep simply because of lesson note?
Have ever calculated how much that is left in your account because the month is ending?
Have you ever noticed that even your fellow teachers are worse than your students or pupils?
Have you ever come to work and ask your colleagues if they have received alert cus u felt like ur bank network is having issues grin
Have ever had private lessons that even the parents of those children really want u to perform magic cus they are paying u?( And their children na confirm olodo)
Have you ever attended staff meeting but it as never a meeting but a command that u must follow.
Have u ever noticed deduction from your salary and your boss said that it's bcus u came late or u never took permission ?
Have you ever noticed that the so called holy teachers are the most wicked ppl in school premises?
Have u ever noticed that ur boss gives an example of someone he or she sacked cus the person never make am?
Have u ever noticed that the lazy teachers are the ones that will report the hardworking ones to the authority...
Did u not have noticed that u may say that u wanted to teach for just for small time but u will end up being there for 5years grin
Make i still dey write?
Run from teaching....
They have cousins, daughters, sons, etc that they can pay peanut....
They always monitor anyone that leaves thinking that the person will be a failure.

Hahahahaha, man....you saw it all cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by cassidy1996(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
graciamore:
I just pray after this whole lock down and I put to bed I pray to get another job, propertries and propertors are just inhuman...is this kind critical time you really know them...your teachers work for you for whole month till on 20th all you could do is give them 4k out of 14k..i will never go back to that school after this lock down.
I wish you safe delivery....

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
EmmySparky:
yours is better...we haven't seen March salary...not to talk of April...now I confirmed that my boss is related to the devil

Did you work on April, that you want to receive salaries, or are parents paying school fees for third term already??

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
doggedfighter:

Digital skills like what?
Please give examples
Example of online trading too, please

Digital Marketing
Programing...choose a niche
Content writing
Graphic design
Data Science

Online trading....binar.y cheesy

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
Jokerman:

Did you work on April, that you want to receive salaries, or are parents paying school fees for third term already??
Oga forget that talk. Is she the one that brought COVID19 into Nigeria? School owners can also give palliative to their staff biko. Don't tell me what i know.

6 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
I wonder what a man would be looking for in private school teaching.... grin

Private school teaching should be for women as an assistance to their husbands or to remove housewife stay at home syndrome

5 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:

Digital Marketing
Programing...choose a niche
Content writing
Graphic design
Data Science

Online trading....binar.y cheesy
Pls if that will cost money, u should tell them now. Not after washing them properly on WhatsApp u will now tell them to pay or transfer money before they can access the site.
I arrange seminars too. So be open from the start... Guys no pay kobo to something u can't see .... Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Jokerman(m): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

Oga forget that talk. Is she the one that brought COVID19 into Nigeria? School owners can also give palliative to their staff biko. Don't tell me what i know.

So you want school owners to pay you for what you didnt work, okwaya??

When school owners go to bank to borrow loans, and they fail to meet up and the school is closed, good staff like you will offer to remain with the proprietor, isn't it??

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
Jokerman:

So you want school owners to pay you for what you didnt work, okwaya??

When school owners go to bank to borrow loans, and they fail to meet up and the school is closed, good staff like you will offer to remain with the proprietor, isn't it??
grin that's not it. Any school owner wey borrow loan dey for OYO.(on ur own)
The best advice is to join school wey get branches cus they pay well and use u until u become useless grin
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by bukiah: 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Lorenzop post=88855099]

Drop your WhatsApp line[/quote@*
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

Pls if that will cost money, u should tell them now. Not after washing them properly on WhatsApp u will now tell them to pay or transfer money before they can access the site.
I arrange seminars too. So be open from the start... Guys no pay kobo to something u can't see .... Hmmmm

I respected you for this thread but u just lost it. U are a big foo.l. Sometimes one like u need to learn manners and home training. Did I ask anyone or implied I should be paid?

Is it even possible for me alone to know all of this things let alone teaching them. You are a nincompoo.p.... I have no apologies for that

Go fvck yourself

Those who are willing to learn the digital skills. udemy and plural sight offers free courses within this period. Take advantage of that. Am out of this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:

I respected you for this thread but u just lost it. U are a big foo.l. Sometimes one like u need to learn manners and home training. Did I ask anyone or implied I should be paid?

Is it even possible for me alone to know all of this things let alone teaching them. You are a nincompoo.p.... I have no apologies for that

Go fvck yourself

Those who are willing to learn the digital skills. udemy and plural sight offers free courses within this period. Take advantage of that. Am out of this thread.
I have no problems with ur words. Am saving lots of ppl. I know wat i went through. Money is hard to get. I see nothing wrong with what I wrote. God is good bro grin

7 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by chubinwa(m): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
If you work in a private school as a teacher, I bet you can work in any sector with ease. the proprietor can over labour teachers for Africa. I use to work in one of these private school and it was like hell. you will be treated like a student too with a peanut to go home at the end of the month. I handle from jss1-ss3 with 9 courses. the worst thing is that you must complete your lesson note else there will be na salary for you that month. private school teachers are indeed a modern day slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Whizpero: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:
To all teachers and everyone that cares to listen. This Covid19 will change a lot of things. Top among them is the way people work. I dare say the future of income earning is remote. If you buy data, surf all the social media and make nothing then know you are wasting away.

Teachers are never appreciated in this country. Take up online classes which pays over 200k. Unbelievable right...well it is possible.
Join Preply and many others....here you can teach virtually anything right your home

Learn a digital skill today....plenty of digital skills abound. I find it intriguing seeing graduates take peanuts as salaries when u can actually freelance and make way better and be in control of your life.

Learn trading online....This right here is so cool. I love this one the most

Know this....the internet is a gold mine waiting to be tapped by you, you just need to open your eyes....even your village people can't stop you.

I personally do all of these things. Never depend on a single source of livelihood. Massive Job losses are looming. Question is what are you doing to stay afloat.

Stay Safe guys
Sir I am indeed tired of the early wakes and mighty complains from parents and my employers with tiny salary.. How can I get to know more about this opportunities..
Don't get pissed with what anyone say.. even Jesus Christ was persecuted for doing good.. but please don't stop doing good to help others
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Lorenzop: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
fuwaski:

I have no problems with ur words. Am saving lots of ppl. I know wat i went through. Money is hard to get. I see nothing wrong with what I wrote. God is good bro grin

Save them by actually telling them what to do here jot by telling cock and bull stories with no remedy in sight. Start by telling them what to do...they have read your long bullshit stories...u really think they enjoy doing that. Offer real solutions. Enough of your half-witted stories. Solutions will do more good now

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lorenzop:

Save them by actually telling them what to do here jot by telling cock and bull stories with no remedy in sight. Start by telling them what to do...they have read your long bullshit stories...u really think they enjoy doing that. Offer real solutions. Enough of your half-witted stories. Solutions will do more good now
We don't need to be in power tussle stuff ... It's ur call . I have made my point. U could have replied that ur offer is legit. Am sorry if u have misunderstood everything. Am a jolly good fellow

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NIM NYSC Program / Where To Find ADULT EDUCATION LESSON In LAGOS STATE. / Massive Recruitment In Top Oil & Gas,banks And Others -apply Now Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.