Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,047 members, 7,953,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? (9793 Views)

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
Queenext:
Private teaching is for undergraduate, whose financial demand is within low income. It's not even for a graduate sef,or someone who wants a good life...

Some schools pay well, those big school.

But their expectations from you is just as good as being a slave.

You can't leave the school premises under no condition.

You must submit your phone to the gateman, who must turn it off,till it's time to go

You must not be seen talking privately to any student

There's a school,you must not enter any parent's car if they see you trekking to school
There was a school (name withheld) that told me that rubbish... That I will submit my phone... I just stood up and left after the orientation. Some said that it could be a test of faith... Imagine me without my phone. Make i loose a call from PRICE OF SAUDI ARABIA cus am teaching for u?
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Dream2(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Guy Na Abuja i dey before. Then, we always hype ourselves for Living well... Anyways, u have passion for it. Try and go for an interview at Pacesetters Abuja. U will hate teaching that moment. There, u will see over 7000 job seekers ready for the interview.... Please eehh just go... The school's head office is at wuye. Even if u succeed, just know that one day, the director will come one day, look at u as if he hasn't see u in his life. The next thing is sack without reason... With other miscellaneous reasons i couldn't verify.
Another school is premier at wuse. U will teach on air( u will face professionals that will smile even wen u misbehave) u will finally go home knowing fully well that u won't be called. But luck can get u ur dream job in a good place shaa...
Very funny, my brother, I know all this places and even that premier school you mentioned.
Abj is a beautiful city especially the eyebrow area but this can only fool the newcomers as one will only fantasize till thy kingdom come.
I'm okay where I work just not fulfill, the salary is okay but I don't see myself answering to anybody beyond December this year as I plan to be my own boss but this pandemic is just slowing things down.
I started as a low level worker at my place of work before God open my boss eyes, he checked my CV again after 3months and all of a sudden he gave me a bigger task that I never expect even in a year of working with him, that's a good boss I must say.
I won't go into teaching full time, maybe home lesson for my nephews or cousins here in Abj as my aim is to go into transport very soon, get some cars for Uber and open a mechanical workshop as well as I'm into mechanical aspects right from my childhood.
Dad is a mechanic and a transporter so he trained me well into that aspect.
Moreover I think why average people fail in Abj is because of hyping and forming who they're not, telling people back home all is well when it isn't, living in an area of 200k per rent when you earn 30k per month.
I'm lucky as I don't pay house rent here, I live in one of my bro houses and if I want to go astray a times, he always call me to order.

5 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Everrest9(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
I left teaching when I couldn't cope with the slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

There was a school (name withheld) that told me that rubbish... That I will submit my phone... I just stood up and left after the orientation. Some said that it could be a test of faith... Imagine me without my phone. Make i loose a call from PRICE OF SAUDI ARABIA cus am teaching for u?
a big school at festac is doing it.

The owner gave power to the class head, anytime a teacher enters a class, the class head writes down the time..5 mins late,#1000 deduction from salary,10 mins late,#2000 and so on..15 mins late,it's assumed you didn't teach the class.

You will see teachers begging a class head not to write the actual time he/she enters a class..

If the class head hates you,you are finished.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Queenext:

The owner gave power to the class head, anytime a teacher enters a class, the class head writes down the time..5 mins late,#1000 deduction from salary,10 mins late,#2000 and so on..15 mins late,it's assumed you didn't teach the class.

You will see teachers begging a class head not to write the actual time he/she enters a class..

Pls over how much? Am still open for employment o. U can call me OLIVER TWIST
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by coolest01(m): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
@queenxt. Please I'd like to teach you to discuss some leaning opportunities for me. Please tell me how I can. I already sent a dm
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
coolest01:
@queenxt. Please I'd like to teach you to discuss some leaning opportunities for me. Please tell me how I can. I already sent a dm
pls, state what you need to learn here, so others can contribute too.

It's almost 4 years I left teaching o.

I believe that some things might have changed.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by coolest01(m): 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
Queenext:
pls, state what you need to learn here, so others can contribute too.

It's almost 4 years I left teaching o.

I believe that some things might have changed.
I'm interested in learning the online business that u do.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Zontage: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
I doff my hat for you teachers.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Saintinoo(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
tiswell:
But your use of English isn't up to 4k in true worth.
Your brillant brain should tell you that she typed those words in a hast and most of the mistakes are typo.

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Saintinoo(m): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
wiseone28:
Read again your spelling before someone doubt if you are truly a teacher grin
Likewise you, read your sentence again please.

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by africanpea: 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
fuwaski:

Lol my brother... I thank God. I am 100 times better than then. I experienced those nonsense in Abuja. Now am in Lagos with a solar system company as there IT personnel. I do have some calls to work for other firms when the need arises. Funny thing is.... I read ENGLISH LANGUAGE. NOW AN IT EXPERT. Imagine if am still earning 30k lol... Na to hell on earth allowance be that.
I also set up a car paint shop that is being managed by me and someone i employed.

This is impressive, please can you be kind to put me through this whole IT business? I have a fair idea on ICT generally though....a favourable response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by wiseone28: 9:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
Saintinoo:
Likewise you, read your sentence again please.
close ur mouth
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by fuwaski(m): 11:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
africanpea:

This is impressive, please can you be kind to put me through this whole IT business? I have a fair idea on ICT generally though....a favourable response will be appreciated. Thanks.
hardware and networking, multimedia(content writing, video editing, Photoshop,use of ads.etc)) little of animation but am not too perfect. Am still working on it. Never interested on those DStv stuff. Am planning to take training on CCTV too. Some i learnt it on my own especially when i look at YouTube

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:51am On Apr 27, 2020
mokay:
I just have to type this out to encourage someone who might need it. I use to be a teacher and I quite understand the plight of the young male teachers. If you are reading this, the first thing you have to do is to change your mentality. If you look critically, most of these teachers are females with less financial responsibilities. I decided to switch into freelance academic writing. The money I make for a single project is more than my monthly salary. I have to quit when it seems I'm too 'big' for the management. Too big I mean coming late and the rest.
You can't keep doing same thing and expect the same result. If you can read this, you have everything you need to quit teaching.

interested. link me up plz
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by oazeez1991(m): 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
Queenext:

Dis got me rollin on d floor wif laughter. Chai! A lot r happenin #Inside_Life!
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by oazeez1991(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
I knew teachin was neva my calling since my service year even thou I've lately consider goin in2 it, albeit job not forthcoming after service year (thou just abt 6months out of service). Avin posted 2 teach durin my service year in a private school, even thou, myself nd odaz enjoyed sm level of liberty nd respect as we were been seen as temporary assets 2 d school as per education in sm northern part of d country, yet, I found d job very taskin nd exhaustin wif token as reward at d end of d month. I must commend d efforts of teachers. Unless one has passion 4 it, being a teacher isn't smtin encouragin truly.

Just as sm1 earlier claimed a student once told him/her dat his/her parent said, "teaching is 4 defeated people", I quite agree wif such assertion in person cos despite me not avin flair 4 it, I'm avin it consider cos I felt defeated as job isn't forthcoming.

Wif ol wat I'm seeing here, I tink d mindset of eva goin near teachin won't surface again.

Lemme just continue wif my little hustle jeje, at least I'm generatin btw #500-#1,000 on a daily basis (worst case scenery), 30k monthly on less dan 50k investment. Just started late January dis year nd my ROI is 100% gotten back. If not 4 dis lockdown dat seems 2 be disruptin d plan.

If u guys cud just tk d buz (passport photograph business) as a side-hustle 2 compliment ur teachin, it cud be financially handy 4 u. U may even employ sm1 2 help u wif it shud u wudn't be chance 2 handle it. It's lucrative, dependin on d environment u r. Rentin a shop 2 start is even optional as I'm managing at sm1's shop myself, u too cud do same.

Now I see why sm people term teachin as #ModernDaySlavery.

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Delightful8(f): 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
@Queenext can you kindly teach me about the bitcoin business
@fuwaski please what are some online skills one can learn for free?
Thank you
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Queenext: 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2020
I am receiving a lot of mention and mail on teaching about Bitcoin ,pls I am not here to advertise myself ,or business

There's a section for it , the E- currency section.

Make due research,and just like any business, you need capital to start,and it also has its own risk too,which can be huge if precaution is not taken.

Pls,in an attempt to leave teaching,don't be too desperate, take your time, have a plan and most importantly, be prayerful in any decision you want to take

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Saintinoo(m): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
noCAP:
what did graduate with? if you don't mind
Before you start bashing him.... Check your sentence.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Saintinoo(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Jokerman:

Oh so because the school didn't sack you before the end of the term, na why you get mouth?

Do you think it's mouth they use to rub business?? And if we should ask your effectiveness in helping out in the organization you are now, it will be minute....

Or don't you know it's school fees that runs the school, or it's goods that I sell that I pay my workers from....

Where did you see 12 months contract lol... Like if you see a bigger job, you won't japa and leave the class empty
School owner, see your use of english.... No wonder you don't know the value of graudates, if at all you or your relations truely own any school.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by noCAP(m): 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Saintinoo:

Before you start bashing him.... Check your sentence.
yeah, I omitted "you", so? My question wasn't, in the least bit, meant to mock him
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Saintinoo(m): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
noCAP:
yeah, I omitted "you", so? My question wasn't, in the least bit, meant to mock him
Ok... Sorry for misunderstanding you.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by peeps4u: 8:18am On May 02, 2020
oazeez1991:

I knew teachin was neva my calling since my service year even thou I've lately consider goin in2 it, albeit job not forthcoming after service year (thou just abt 6months out of service). Avin posted 2 teach durin my service year in a private school, even thou, myself nd odaz enjoyed sm level of liberty nd respect as we were been seen as temporary assets 2 d school as per education in sm northern part of d country, yet, I found d job very taskin nd exhaustin wif token as reward at d end of d month. I must commend d efforts of teachers. Unless one has passion 4 it, being a teacher isn't smtin encouragin truly.

Just as sm1 earlier claimed a student once told him/her dat his/her parent said, "teaching is 4 defeated people", I quite agree wif such assertion in person cos despite me not avin flair 4 it, I'm avin it consider cos I felt defeated as job isn't forthcoming.

Wif ol wat I'm seeing here, I tink d mindset of eva goin near teachin won't surface again.

Lemme just continue wif my little hustle jeje, at least I'm generatin btw #500-#1,000 on a daily basis (worst case scenery), 30k monthly on less dan 50k investment. Just started late January dis year nd my ROI is 100% gotten back. If not 4 dis lockdown dat seems 2 be disruptin d plan.

If u guys cud just tk d buz (passport photograph business) as a side-hustle 2 compliment ur teachin, it cud be financially handy 4 u. U may even employ sm1 2 help u wif it shud u wudn't be chance 2 handle it. It's lucrative, dependin on d environment u r. Rentin a shop 2 start is even optional as I'm managing at sm1's shop myself, u too cud do same.

Now I see why sm people term teachin as #ModernDaySlavery.
You have a hustle that fetches you 500-1k daily in worst cases and you're considering leaving it for teaching?

That sounds like online trading, if it is, it already has prospect for you.

In any hustle you do, don't do ponzi and all these online investments please.

Good luck.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by ILoveLight: 12:39pm On May 02, 2020
Queenext:
most of the time,I will.just leave the school, without any formal notice,after all,I was employed without any formal letter too.. I was always angry with myself, especially if I see some of University mate doing well. The last school I left,I just woke and decided not to go again. Some of my colleague thought I was mad,and going to suffer, today,I see them,and pity them.

Now,I make my one month salary in a day,ask any Bitcoin dealer. I can conveniently come out ,if millionaires are asked to come out.

Like I said,pls leave teaching, especially if u are a male..no future in it... especially those Private school, they have no plans for you, except to use you,till you become useless in life

Please, how does this bitcoin stuff work?
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 02, 2020
I respect any private school teacher, that job is not easy at all
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 02, 2020
Are you tired of being jobless? Join YouTube Programming School for free. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpPwUAYOD-chcxMZREaH8WmWLhott2q4f
Thank me later.
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by Squirrel01: 5:31pm On May 02, 2020
graciamore:
I just pray after this whole lock down and I put to bed I pray to get another job, propertries and propertors are just inhuman...is this kind critical time you really know them...your teachers work for you for whole month till on 20th all you could do is give them 4k out of 14k..i will never go back to that school after this lock down.

Which school is paying you 14k?
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by ILoveLight: 6:00pm On May 02, 2020
fuwaski:

Lol my brother... I thank God. I am 100 times better than then. I experienced those nonsense in Abuja. Now am in Lagos with a solar system company as there IT personnel. I do have some calls to work for other firms when the need arises. Funny thing is.... I read ENGLISH LANGUAGE. NOW AN IT EXPERT. Imagine if am still earning 30k lol... Na to hell on earth allowance be that.
I also set up a car paint shop that is being managed by me and someone i employed.
How did you do it?
I'm interested in IT but don't know what aspect of it to follow. I kukuma dey fear maths
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by ILoveLight: 6:04pm On May 02, 2020
Lorenzop:
To all teachers and everyone that cares to listen. This Covid19 will change a lot of things. Top among them is the way people work. I dare say the future of income earning is remote. If you buy data, surf all the social media and make nothing then know you are wasting away.

Teachers are never appreciated in this country. Take up online classes which pays over 200k. Unbelievable right...well it is possible.
Join Preply and many others....here you can teach virtually anything right your home

Learn a digital skill today....plenty of digital skills abound. I find it intriguing seeing graduates take peanuts as salaries when u can actually freelance and make way better and be in control of your life.

Learn trading online....This right here is so cool. I love this one the most

Know this....the internet is a gold mine waiting to be tapped by you, you just need to open your eyes....even your village people can't stop you.

I personally do all of these things. Never depend on a single source of livelihood. Massive Job losses are looming. Question is what are you doing to stay afloat.

Stay Safe guys

Please, can you enlighten me more on this?.
How do I contact you ?
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by graciamore(f): 8:18pm On May 02, 2020
Squirrel01:

Which school is paying you 14k?
is a private school around my area
Re: Private School Teachers How Have You Been Coping Through This Period? by lanreabbey(m): 8:26pm On May 02, 2020
I still wonder how teachers will survive at this period.. I personally know of someone who haven't receive salary since November last year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! / Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? / 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.