Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090434 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Please, am I the only 1 here that doesn't understand what is referred to as 'IHS Fees' sad undecided please, explain better
Thanks in advance...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
LaaJiblik:

For the umpteenth time, you have said this as though you have any concrete evidence.
The UK student visa rules is one (if not) the most relaxed in the Developed world.
Which relaxation are you talking about again?
Good evening everyone ,pls honorable members which Bank ATM Card is more better to be use in paying like Visa fee,IHS fee,Priority and other immigration fees during tier 4 UK student visa application?. I want to use my GTB account to Run my 28days stuff,then I want to use a separate account for paying any visa related stuff.pls which Bank will u advise to open account with so that I will use their card for any payment during my visa application period. pls advise me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Immigration Health Surcharge is money paid to use the NHS while in the UK.
Pegzzyg:
Please, am I the only 1 here that doesn't understand what is referred to as 'IHS Fees' sad undecided please, explain better
Thanks in advance...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
You can use same account for the 28-days and all payments associated with your visa process as long as making the payments doesn't make your balance dip after you submit your online application.
Any bank should do but check with them to confirm their daily/monthly international spending limits.
GTBANK currently has a monthly online/POS transaction limit of $1,500.

pretty1986:
Good evening everyone ,pls honorable members which Bank ATM Card is more better to be use in paying like Visa fee,IHS fee,Priority and other immigration fees during tier 4 UK student visa application?. I want to use my GTB account to Run my 28days stuff,then I want to use a separate account for paying any visa related stuff.pls which Bank will u advise to open account with so that I will use their card for any payment during my visa application period. pls advise me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Now I understand, thanks
mimilyrics:
Immigration Health Surcharge is money paid to use the NHS while in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Pegzzyg:
Thanks in advance...

It is the money you pay so you can have access to free healthcare
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pegzzyg(f): 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Okay, thanks
lander237:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
lander237:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You Pay.
To have access to
FREE healthcare.

Dear literature students, what figure of speech is that one biko?

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by atrix4g(m): 12:41am On May 01, 2020
Thanks
I really appreciate.
I would contact them.
mimilyrics:
Your school will be better placed to advise on what visa would be suitable for you because the visa you will apply for will depend on your school's license for that particular program. And yes, you'd need to have enough money to cover your travel expenses in your account+ a 6 month bank statement (No lump lodgements) + letter from your school and other requirements like in visit visas.

2 visa options
You can apply for the standard visitor visa but studying (not more than 30 days) shouldn't be the main reason for your visit.
Otherwise, you'd have to apply for the Short-term study visa. Short-term study visa is only for schools/courses with Tier 4 licenses (not sure that a Distance Learning Program is covered under T4) or listed by the following:
Accreditation Body for Language Services, Accreditation Service for International Colleges, Accreditation UK, British Accreditation Council, Education and Training Inspectorate (in Northern Ireland), Estyn (in Wales), Education Scotland, Independent Schools Inspectorate, Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), Office for Students, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by daholiest(m): 8:43am On May 01, 2020
Hello, please is UK embassy still doing visa interviews, if NO please when would they start.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:12am On May 01, 2020
All visa appointments have been cancelled for now. No one knows when they'd start taking appointments again. You can keep checking the .Gov.uk website for updates. If you've made an application, you’ll be advised when you can book a new appointment.
daholiest:
Hello, please is UK embassy still doing visa interviews, if NO please when would they start.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by daholiest(m): 9:25am On May 01, 2020
Thanks
mimilyrics:
All visa appointments have been cancelled for now. No one knows when they'd start taking appointments again. You can keep checking the .Gov.uk website for updates. If you've made an application, you’ll be advised when you can book a new appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:32am On May 01, 2020
So I heard visa extension for frontline workers including care assistants.
Congratulations to you all

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/home-secretary-announces-visa-extensions-for-frontline-health-and-care-workers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 9:35am On May 01, 2020
mimilyrics:
You can use same account for the 28-days and all payments associated with your visa process as long as making the payments doesn't make your balance dip after you submit your online application.
Any bank should do but check with them to confirm their daily/monthly international spending limits.
GTBANK currently has a monthly online/POS transaction limit of $1,500.

Thanks for your advise sir.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by richard334: 10:05am On May 01, 2020
Good day house please can i use my current passport which will expire December this year to apply to schools for my masters pending this renewal issue is resloved because i was told at the passport office in Ibadan that it will take a month for an express renewal for a fees of 50k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:22am On May 01, 2020
richard334:
Good day house please can i use my current passport which will expire December this year to apply to schools for my masters pending this renewer issue is resloved because i was told at the passport office in Ibadan that it will take a month for an express renewer for a fees of 50k

Yes My passport expired since last year May. I have applied to schools and I have gotten offers from several schools, except one who asked for new passport but they still gave me an offer.

But I applied for a passport renewal, I can't pick it because of the lockdown.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 10:35am On May 01, 2020
LaaJiblik:

You Pay.
To have access to
FREE healthcare.

Well the concept of free health in the UK is not entirely true then. Are you okay now? Or you want to derail the topic to talk about what is considered free in our society? The choice is yours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:44am On May 01, 2020
LaaJiblik:

You Pay.
To have access to
FREE healthcare.

Its not free to foreign students as they have to pay the IHS even before they use the health service, many foreign students don't even use it but still pay for it. The unfairness did not stop there, when they get to the UK and start part time work they still make NI contribution which goes to NHS as well.

So how is that free?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 10:57am On May 01, 2020
First of all, the concept of free in our society and capitalist economy is utopian as health care (and other services) is free to NO ONE in the UK (except maybe people who have never had a job in their lives) because as employees, we all pay NI contributions taxes that counts towards funding the NHS.

So yes, foreign students pay IHS fees to have access to "free" health care, the same way UK, EU, and non-EU citizens pay NI contributions taxes from their salary in order to access the said free health care.

Nothing in our society is actually free because someone somewhere is paying for it. I said free health care because that is the common idea we have of it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jojobod: 12:44pm On May 01, 2020
I have been reasoning along that line too bro/sis, they are so going to rely on international students for their money and possibly grant visas too
pretty1986:
. Thank you for being my witness. International students are making wonderful impact in UK economy, so they cannot afford to lose them.watch and see the rate at which UK embassy will give student visa this year.they may likely waive some certain criteria for students. Uk government seems to be desperate for money.pls I will love everyone to take that opportunity, even though ur plan is to settle in Canada.because u can easily relocate to Canada from UK than from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 1:10pm On May 01, 2020
justwise:

Its not free to foreign students as they have to pay the IHS even before they use the health service, many foreign students don't even use it but still pay for it. The unfairness did not stop there, when they get to the UK and start part time work they still make NI contribution which goes to NHS as well.

So how is that free?

That is the figure of speech I was looking for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 1:13pm On May 01, 2020
lander237:

Well the concept of free health in the UK is not entirely true then. Are you okay now? Or you want to derail the topic to talk about what is considered free in our society? [b][/b]The choice is yours

If you choose not to place things in perspective.
If you pretend not to have seen the post I was replying to.
If you are unable to contextualise my writing.
If you didn’t see me asking about ‘FIGURE OF SPEECH’
Then, my friend. You can derail the thread.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 2:35pm On May 01, 2020
This is a topic for tier 4 student inquiries. I do not know in what sense figures of speech will help them.
You quoted me to say something utterly out of topic, but well.

yeah God bless and all that

LaaJiblik:

If you choose not to place things in perspective.
If you pretend not to have seen the post I was replying to.
If you are unable to contextualise my writing.
If you didn’t see me asking about ‘FIGURE OF SPEECH’
Then, my friend. You can derail the thread.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 3:20pm On May 01, 2020
Please for anyone who has done comparative assessment with UK baric, please kindly explain what they mean by the first paragraph. What kind of research are they referring to?
Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:52pm On May 01, 2020
Analysis and verification of whatever information you're submitting.

Yemsot:
Please for anyone who has done comparative assessment with UK baric, please kindly explain what they mean by the first paragraph. What kind of research are they referring to?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 3:57pm On May 01, 2020
Yemsot:
Thanks

Did you school in Benin republic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 4:10pm On May 01, 2020
rs172:

Did you school in Benin republic

No.
The course is a one year diploma course from olabisi onabanjo university and it was used as direct entry for my degree.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 4:12pm On May 01, 2020
mimilyrics:
Analysis and verification of whatever information you're submitting.

Is there anything I am supposed to do? Cos I think it's going to delay the assessment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 5:03pm On May 01, 2020
Yemsot:

No.
The course is a one year diploma course from olabisi onabanjo university and it was used as direct entry for my degree.

Oh ok..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 01, 2020
Yemsot:

No.
Did your university ask of it? Or you are just doing it? Are you going for undergraduate or Masters programme?

If going for Masters programme, your university undergraduate transcripts is enough.

No need for showing OOU diploma
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 5:27pm On May 01, 2020
hosey:

Did your university ask of it? Or you are just doing it? Are you going for undergraduate or Masters programme?

If going for Masters programme, your university undergraduate transcripts is enough.

No need for showing OOU diploma

A university is asking for UK baric assessment.
Won't there be any issue if the diploma is not presented since my university started from 200l?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 5:35pm On May 01, 2020
Yemsot:

A university is asking for UK baric assessment.
Won't there be any issue if the diploma is not presented since my university started from 200l?

You have a Degree. Which is higher than the diploma. I would submit my degree transcripts/results to NARIC, rather than my diploma result.

Or are you thinking that some diploma modules you took are equivalent to degree modules?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.