Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102303 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
LaaJiblik:

You have a Degree. Which is higher than the diploma. I would submit my degree transcripts/results to NARIC, rather than my diploma result.

Or are you thinking that some diploma modules you took are equivalent to degree modules?

They are equivalent to 100l modules
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by aivewobhor: 7:28pm On May 01, 2020
PLease house can I apply to Uk. I have two Canada study visa refusal (2018)and 1 Australia study refusal(2020)What are my chances of getting a Uk study visa. Some agent are telling me I will but I would like to be on a safer side b4 applying although I already admission to Sheffield Hallam university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 8:02pm On May 01, 2020
You stand a good chance if you can meet the requirements.

I suggest you read part 3 thread from page 1, everything you need is on there. Anything that’s not clear, you can then ask.

aivewobhor:
PLease house can I apply to Uk. I have two Canada study visa refusal (2018)and 1 Australia study refusal(2020)What are my chances of getting a Uk study visa. Some agent are telling me I will but I would like to be on a safer side b4 applying although I already admission to Sheffield Hallam university

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 01, 2020
So Aston university does not offer any tuition discount?
Who's going to pay them 19k like this
No tuition discount and they even gave me month end to accept the offer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 8:57pm On May 01, 2020
onecoder:
They have tho you just have to write an essay to qualify for it
One is for 3500
The other is for 8000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 9:00pm On May 01, 2020
onecoder:
This came with my offer
MSc in Supply Chain Management - Full Time Student Number: 2 Dear Kingsley ,

Congratulations! You are being awarded the Global Excellence Scholarship of up to £5,000.

These scholarships are merit based and the award you receive will be dependent on your final degree classification.

If you are awarded with UK First Class Honours (or equivalent), you will be eligible for a scholarship of £5,000
If you are awarded with UK Second Class Upper Division Honours (or equivalent), you will be eligible for a scholarship of £3,500.
This scholarship is for the MSc in Supply Chain Management - Full Time full time and will be awarded as a discount against tuition fees for the academic year 2020/1. The scholarship is for the specified programme and year of study and is non-transferable.
We have made this award based on the information you have provided to us, including your status as a self-funded student who is not sponsored by an organisation or body. Sponsored students are not eligible for Aston Scholarships and students who gain financial sponsorship at any point in the academic year will no longer be eligible.
This scholarship supersedes and replaces any other Aston scholarship, award or discount, such as the Aston University Alumni Scholarship. We will ensure that you receive whichever of these awards is the highest.
To confirm acceptance of this scholarship you will need to accept your MSc in Supply Chain Management - Full Time offer by 23/May/2020. Instructions on how to accept your place can be found in your offer email.
Should you have any questions about this scholarship please do contact us at pgadmissions@aston.ac.uk or call +44 (0)121 204 3200.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 01, 2020
Phatkings:

They have tho you just have to write an essay to qualify for it
One is for 3500
The other is for 8000
oh, I see.
I'll find out what is available for me. I applied for comp science.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 10:39pm On May 01, 2020
LaaJiblik:

You have a Degree. Which is higher than the diploma. I would submit my degree transcripts/results to NARIC, rather than my diploma result.

Or are you thinking that some diploma modules you took are equivalent to degree modules?
. Good evening sir,pls can you give me a list of questions that someone applying for Adult nursing undergraduate should expect during interview for admission?. pls other gurus in the house should pls also supply me with the interview questions too.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 12:31am On May 02, 2020
pretty1986:
. Good evening sir,pls can you give me a list of questions that someone applying for Adult nursing undergraduate should expect during interview for admission?. pls other gurus in the house should pls also supply me with the interview questions too.thanks

Unfortunately, no one has a past Q&A.

But if you scan back on part 3 of this thread, the last 12 pages or so, @ Omopapa did a fantastic job of mentioning some of the likely queations.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 12:41pm On May 02, 2020
@LaaJiblik @omopapa @JustWise @mimilyrics and everyone who has useful inputs..

I have a few worries I need to be cleared about. I am just recently married and have my Int'l Passport in my Maiden name same thing with all my bank account names (I dont intend changing them) but my admission offer is in my Husbands name. I want to know if I submit my bank statement and passport that still has my Maiden name would it be a problem for me? Would my marriage Certificate be enough to link the two names?
Your replies would be very helpful please. embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 02, 2020
Yemsot:

A university is asking for UK baric assessment.
Won't there be any issue if the diploma is not presented since my university started from 200l?
No issue.
Just do the university degree.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 02, 2020
Calm054:

I have a few worries I need to be cleared about. I am just recently married and have my Int'l Passport in my Maiden name same thing with all my bank account names (I dont intend changing them) but my admission offer is in my Husbands name. I want to know if I submit my bank statement and passport that still has my Maiden name would it be a problem for me? Would my marriage Certificate be enough to link the two names?

No problem.
But do court affidavit of name change. Add it together with your marriage certificate and upload it in your Visa application.

You can also use your current passport. Your current passport name must be the same as what you write in your visa application. Dont change your name.

Write the name that it is on your passport

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2020
Calm054:

Since you do not intend changing the name on your passport , why didn’t you use that to get the admission from school to avoid complications?

You can either use the name on your passport or get a court affidavit as someone suggested.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 1:23pm On May 02, 2020
Calm054:

[
Hi, you can write to the school requesting for a revised offer in your maiden name. Attach a copy of your travel document. I did this and i received another offer.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 2:07pm On May 02, 2020
mattfeuter:

Since you do not intend changing the name on your passport , why didn’t you use that to get the admission from school to avoid complications?

You can either use the name on your passport or get a court affidavit as someone suggested.

Thanks for your reply, it's the bank name I dont intend changing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 2:09pm On May 02, 2020
sunshine21:
Hi, you can write to the school requesting for a revised offer in your maiden name. Attach a copy of your travel document. I did this and i received another offer.

Thanks for your input. Actually before I completed my application I explained my name issue to the school and they already told me any name I would prefer they could use it for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 2:14pm On May 02, 2020
hosey:

No problem.
But do court affidavit of name change. Add it together with your marriage certificate and upload it in your Visa application.

You can also use your current passport. Your current passport name must be the same as what you write in your visa application. Dont change your name.
Write the name that it is on your passport

Thanks so much, this helps a lot.
I actually made some enquiries at the bank and I was told to maintain the name on my passport until it expires, then I can change and that's the major reason why I dont want to change my bank account name. Thanks again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lupara: 3:09pm On May 02, 2020
mimilyrics, justwise

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Is it that the schools won't grant offer of part time to International students or the Home Office won't grant visa even if the schools have granted admission to the students?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2020
Lupara:
mimilyrics, justwise

Is it that the schools won't grant offer of part time to International students or the Home Office won't grant visa even if the schools have granted admission to the students?

Both

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 02, 2020
Calm054:

Thanks so much, this helps a lot.
I actually made some enquiries at the bank and I was told to maintain the name on my passport until it expires, then I can change and that's the major reason why I dont want to change my bank account name. Thanks again.
Or you can ask your school to change the name in your admission letter to your maiden name.

It is not compulsory to change your surname when you are married.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gsk4reality: 3:18pm On May 02, 2020
Lupara:
mimilyrics, justwise

Part time study option is not availble to international students. Homegrown and EU/EEA students I think are eligible for part time studies. Even now that UK is out of the EU, I don't know if the rule still applies to EU/EEA students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 3:25pm On May 02, 2020
hosey:

Or you can ask your school to change the name in your admission letter to your maiden name.

It is not compulsory to change your surname when you are married.

With this option how can my spouse apply as a dependent? Would only the marriage Certificate do justice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 3:48pm On May 02, 2020
Greetings to everyone.
I checked online but couldn't see any right information. Please what course can you suggest for someone with History and International relations background to study at Masters level in UK?
Please I actually want something with good job prospect after graduation.

Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tobexin(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2020
STENON:
Greetings to everyone.
I checked online but couldn't see any right information. Please what course can you suggest for someone with History and International relations background to study at Masters level in UK?
Please I actually want something with good job prospect after graduation.

Thanks all.
Most courses in Uk aren’t based on what you studied in your undergraduate! Based on first grade information he can study the following courses

1. Psychology
2.criminology
3. Project management
4. International business management
5. Philosophy
6.Nursing(with some criteria to be met apart from degree course of study)
7. Criminal investigation study
8. Social work

Etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 5:28pm On May 02, 2020
gsk4reality:

Part time study option is not availble to international students. Homegrown and EU/EEA students I think are eligible for part time studies. Even now that UK is out of the EU, I don't know if the rule still applies to EU/EEA students.

If one goes in for a one year full time masters program starting this September and graduates next year, gets employed there and the person wants to do another one year masters program this time around, on a part time basis will the person be eligible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pitman10: 5:30pm On May 02, 2020
Good day sirs/man's

Please I'd like to know if I can study masters in mental nursing as a philosophy degree holder? Thank you as I receive your responses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 5:53pm On May 02, 2020
pitman10:
Good day sirs/man's

Please I'd like to know if I can study masters in mental nursing as a philosophy degree holder? Thank you as I receive your responses.

I guess you meant mental health nursing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pitman10: 5:59pm On May 02, 2020
Mindlog:

I guess you meant mental health nursing.

Oh yes exactly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 6:05pm On May 02, 2020
pitman10:

Oh yes exactly.

OK, await the response from those in the know.

Being a mental health nurse is truly a calling, I work with them daily.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pitman10: 6:12pm On May 02, 2020
Mindlog:

OK, await the response from those in the know.

Being a mental health nurse is truly a calling, I work with them daily.

Ok thank you for response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tobexin(m): 6:34pm On May 02, 2020
Mindlog:

If one goes in for a one year full time masters program starting this September and graduates next year, gets employed there and the person wants to do another one year masters program this time around, on a part time basis will the person be eligible?
definitely you can since you are on a tier 2 visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 6:38pm On May 02, 2020
Tobexin:
definitely you can since you are on a tier 2 visa

Thanks for the response, that will be my route as I am looking forward to Msc Child and Adolescent Mental Health, MA Play Therapy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.