Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102294 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:29am On May 03, 2020
iloveutd:
Pls i need some advise

Bsc mechanical engineering - my undergraduate

Pls between computer science and data science and analytics which would you suggest I go for in masters With regards to job prospect ?

Thanks in anticipation!!

Which do you prefer?
Which are you better at?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:12am On May 03, 2020
I can't tell you what questions to expect because it varies based on your initial responses but just know about why you want to study nursing, your motivations and aspirations, how your past experiences have shaped you, why you're a good fit for the program and the school, how the modules will benefit you and what you're bringing to the class, why the UK. Also have adequate information about the course; also expect to be asked few questions about nursing. When you know all these, it becomes easier to answer.
pretty1986:
good evening ,pls I need help.pls can you help me with types of questions I should expect during admission interview for someone going for undergraduate in Adult Nursing?. Also if there is anyone among us here that have attended such interview should as well pls help me.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:15am On May 03, 2020
Have you sought external sponsorship yet?
Note that the 20 hours work will probably only be able to cover your rent (depending on where you rent), food and transport (And you might get a job that doesn't give you up to the 20 hours) but it will not even make any difference in the payment of your fees and this will distract you from your studies.

SegunWamiri:
You are very right about the high international fees associated with Social work in most UK schools but below are a few with reasonably cheap tuitions for the program:
University of Sunderland - 6,600/YR
University of Derby - 14,700 for the two years. To be paid in the first year
Liverpool Hope University - 5,700/YR

You can check these schools out and choose based on your preferences. All the best.

yes I have.. Sheffield Hallam is £27,810, Hertfordshire university is £13500 for the 1st year i am scared that this might put a financial burden on my folks at home even if i work for 20hrs as expected. Please if anyone has any advice or personal experience to share I will be glad to learn from you all . Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:18am On May 03, 2020
There are loads of resources detailing this on the internet. Try searching.
pretty1986:
. Good evening sir,pls I will be very happy if you can explain further about this 5 C's of Nursing and other questions to expect. am going for Adult nursing undergraduate. pls I really need your help on this,because I want to start studying everything about the interview. Interview is one of the process involve for admission in school am going for.pls lecture me on any question I should expect pls.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iloveutd: 11:12am On May 03, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Which do you prefer?
Which are you better at?

I prefer data analytics/ data science but trust me my passion lies where the money is , I won’t lie

But still I need advise from first hand experience and I noticed most people don’t talk about the course and career here

I hope I’m not derailing the thread?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 11:15am On May 03, 2020
mimilyrics:
I can't tell you what questions to expect because it varies based on your initial responses but just know about why you want to study nursing, your motivations and aspirations, how your past experiences have shaped you, why you're a good fit for the program and the school, how the modules will benefit you and what you're bringing to the class, why the UK. Also have adequate information about the course; also expect to be asked few questions about nursing. When you know all these, it becomes easier to answer.
Oh thank you very much.at least I can do some research base on this points you stated here.If you have more points I will really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:43am On May 03, 2020
I believe you meant to quote @Tomifolake cheesy

mimilyrics:
Have you sought external sponsorship yet?
Note that the 20 hours work will probably only be able to cover your rent (depending on where you rent), food and transport (And you might get a job that doesn't give you up to the 20 hours) but it will not even make any difference in the payment of your fees and this will distract you from your studies.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 11:46am On May 03, 2020
omopapa:
I have outlined the 5C’s already all u need to do is to be able to explain each one with an example.

One of the major qualities of a nurse is caring. You need to give examples of how you have shown care to people e.g u looked after ur grandparent.

Notice I keep mentioning examples. You need to backup anything you say with examples, this is very important as it shows that you understand what you are saying and have in-depth knowledge of the topic.

You shld read briefly about nursing in the uk, the accreditation body (NMC) and the uni you are attending.

Read about confidentiality. They might ask about it in scenario based format. Key thing to rmba is never discuss patient’s results or diagnosis with unauthorised person even if it’s their family member (except when the patient has given their consent)

. Thank you so much sir.May my God bless you and your family in Jesus name, Amen.I will then go and do the research, so that I can help myself and help others too by sharing the information I will get here for the benefit of others. I really know that we are all here to help.all the information in this thread worth A Trillion Pounds. May God continue to bless Justwise and other Gurus in the house who came up with such a wonderful thread to help mankind.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:51am On May 03, 2020
[quote author=Tomifolake post=89120984][/quote]
You're welcome.

Do feel free to ask any further questions regarding MA. Social work. I recently got admitted to Liverpool Hope. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 12:05pm On May 03, 2020
Tobexin:

The 5Cs of nursing are as follows

Commitment
Compassion
Conscience
Competent
Confidence

Read more about this here https://online.stmary.edu/rn-bsn/resources/the-5-cs-of-caring
. Thanks so much sir.I will then do some research base on this.I really appreciate sir.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 12:21pm On May 03, 2020
iloveutd:

I prefer data analytics/ data science but trust me my passion lies where the money is , I won’t lie

But still I need advise from first hand experience and I noticed most people don’t talk about the course and career here

I hope I’m not derailing the thread?

Computer science is a broad subject, Data Science is a niche. If you ask me, I'd say Data Science.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 12:24pm On May 03, 2020
Tobexin:
Tell us about yourself.
Talk us through your personal statement.
Why do you want to be a Adult/Child/Mental Health nurse?
What have you done to prepare yourself for a career in Nursing?
What strengths do you have that will help you deal with all the work involved?
Why do you want to be a nurse, rather than another profession that is caring or intellectually challenging, such as a doctor or surgeon?
What do you think a nurse does, apart from treat patients?
What branch of nursing interests you most and why?
What are you looking forward to most about becoming a nurse?
What contribution do you hope to make to the field of nursing?
How do you think nursing differs from other health professions?
What element of healthcare attracts you to nursing?
If you were to become a nurse, how would you like your patients to describe you and why?
How do you know whether you really do want to become a nurse?
Do you have any life experiences that you think may help your career in nursing?
What skills do you have to become a nurse?
What qualities do you think make a good nurse?
Discuss a time when you had to convey an important message to someone - describe how you did this and what the end result was.
How do you cope with stress?
How do you manage your time?

Source and read more https://www.studential.com/university/applying/UCAS-application-guide/interviews/nursing-questions
. Sir,honestly you have done the most wonderful Justice by coming up with this awesome information. How I wish others will learn from it.Sir ,we are happy to have people like you here.Thank you sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2020
SegunWamiri:
You are very right about the high international fees associated with Social work in most UK schools but below are a few with reasonably cheap tuitions for the program:

You can check these schools out and choose based on your preferences. All the best.

yes I have.. Sheffield Hallam is £27,810, Hertfordshire university is £13500 for the 1st year i am scared that this might put a financial burden on my folks at home even if i work for 20hrs as expected. Please if anyone has any advice or personal experience to share I will be glad to learn from you all . Thank you

Sorry to ask, are those fees qouted for Bsc or diploma
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 12:26pm On May 03, 2020
iloveutd:
Pls i need some advise

Bsc mechanical engineering - my undergraduate

Pls between computer science and data science and analytics which would you suggest I go for in masters With regards to job prospects?

Thanks in anticipation!!

It depends on what you'd really love to do. I'd say you go for CS but here are some insights which may help you in making a decision

1. Computer science;
-PROS: the syllabus is broad, covers almost all specializations of computer-related courses (data science, software, cybersecurity, etc). This will help when looking for jobs as you would not be restricted to one area
-CONS: might not cover data science in-depth (you will need to study in-depth by yourself)

2. data science;
-PROS: broad and in-depth coverage of data science syllabus
-CONS: restricted to searching for jobs in data science only and possibly programming as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:42pm On May 03, 2020
Tomifolake:
Good evening Gurus, I will like to find out the courses a Guidance and counseling graduate can study for masters with high job opportunities. I wanted to choose Social work but the fees are too high because its a 2yr course and I don’t want to get stranded. I will really appreciate feedback. Thank you
Justwise

Why do you say so? Have you checked schools like Liverpool Hope University, Sunderland, derby, wolverthampton? the school fees for international students for this program are quite ok..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:43pm On May 03, 2020
SegunWamiri:

You're welcome.

Do feel free to ask any further questions regarding MA. Social work. I recently got admitted to Liverpool Hope. Cheers

Congrats..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:52pm On May 03, 2020
rs172:

Sorry to ask, are those fees qouted for Bsc or diploma

Sorry, I didn't indicate. It's Master's
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:53pm On May 03, 2020
mamacajah:

Congrats..
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 1:55pm On May 03, 2020
SegunWamiri:

Sorry, I didn't indicate. It's Master's

Oh no probs...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dfazz: 4:24pm On May 03, 2020
Please I will appreciate a head up here, can a spouse apply for a tier 2 visa while in Nigeria for her partner after securing a tier 4 visa for herself.
The partner is in UAE planning to return by October 2020.
The wife has just secured admission for January 2021 and looking at applying for her tier 4 visa by August, the visa might be issued before husband arrive, they are planning to get married by November 2020.
Her fear is if it will be possible for the husband to get a tier 2 visa before she resume for studies in January 2021 and what are the likely chances for a denial.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:56pm On May 03, 2020
Dfazz:
Please I will appreciate a head up here, can a spouse apply for a tier 2 visa while in Nigeria for her partner after securing a tier 4 visa for herself.
The wife has just secured admission for January 2021 and looking at applying for her tier 4 visa by August, the visa might be issued before husband arrive, they are planning to get married by November 2020.
Her fear is if it will be possible for the husband to get a tier 2 visa before she resume for studies in January 2021 and what are the likely chances for a denial.

UK student and dependent Visa is a point based system... read about the requirements especially the financial one for dependent. That all a dependent really needs to worry about . Once he or she can meet those requirement then the visa is sure

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 4:58pm On May 03, 2020
Dfazz:

She can only apply for visa 3 months to the start of her course. If she’s starting January 2021, she can only start applying for visa from October
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 5:07pm On May 03, 2020
Dfazz:

This is putting the cart before the horse. One thing at a time. You can apply for dependent visa either when applying for your study visa or after you have began your studies. You just need to ensure you follow all the requirements at the time. She needs to secure her visa first, hence she should start working towards that.

From this scenario, they are not yet married right? and her studies is starting in January? She can't apply for visa earlier than 3 months before the official start time of her programme, that means she can only apply for visa in October/November. If they marry early November, then they can apply together by end November or early December as the visa takes 3-4 weeks. So, for me, there is no hurry..there's still time..

If this isn't feasible, then let her apply first and get the visa, go and start the programme and then her husband can apply as a dependent. the financial requirements of 28 days in the account before submission must be strictly followed ( I know someone who's child application was denied for this very reason and they had to wait for 3 months before the child could come over..wasn't funny for her at the time).

Whichever option she takes, I wish her all the best. Planning a wedding and schooling two months later is not easy. God is her strength.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibuske: 5:25pm On May 03, 2020
The schools bolded here are offering MA and not MSc Social Works. Both are Masters Program me but with some differences.

MA Social Works is not as in depth as MSC.
Please it is advisable, one reads the course modules to know your interests, depending on what you actually want.

quote author=SegunWamiri post=89120286]You are very right about the high international fees associated with Social work in most UK schools but below are a few with reasonably cheap tuitions for the program:

yes I have.. Sheffield Hallam is £27,810, Hertfordshire university is £13500 for the 1st year i am scared that this might put a financial burden on my folks at home even if i work for 20hrs as expected. Please if anyone has any advice or personal experience to share I will be glad to learn from you all . Thank you[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gavrelino123: 5:33pm On May 03, 2020
SegunWamiri:

You're welcome.

Nice one....Congratulations.

Did you pay application fee?

Can someone who studied Accountancy in His Bachelor's degree have a chance of getting admission in SOCIAL WORKS in Liverpool Hope University?

Thanks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 5:49pm On May 03, 2020
Phenmeson:
Since the beginning of Corona, this trend is now a battle field. Congrats to our Prime Minister & Country on the arrival of the new baby �.
I beg any September Northumbria applicant here, any update from the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2020
Yimi4real:
Newcastle or London? My husband is September applicant.

London applicant. Do you know how much he was required to pay frm 9ja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 5:53pm On May 03, 2020
£5500
Phenmeson:

London applicant. Do you know how much he was required to pay frm 9ja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:11pm On May 03, 2020
They have reduced it to £2000
Yimi4real:
£5500

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:13pm On May 03, 2020
Application is free but not online like others. Have to email your documents over etc.

No for the bolded except you have extensive work experience
Gavrelino123:

Nice one....Congratulations.

Did you pay application fee?

Can someone who studied Accountancy in His Bachelor's degree have a chance of getting admission in SOCIAL WORKS in Liverpool Hope University?

Thanks...

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iloveutd: 6:24pm On May 03, 2020
Thanks so much

But is age not a factor considering I’m 30yrs

Doing computer science then studying in-depth data science again , at what age would I break into the industry and gain grounds?

And I like the fact that computer science would give you more options to major in

lander237:

It depends on what you'd really love to do. I'd say you go for CS but here are some insights which may help you in making a decision

1. Computer science;
-PROS: the syllabus is broad, covers almost all specializations of computer-related courses (data science, software, cybersecurity, etc). This will help when looking for jobs as you would not be restricted to one area
-CONS: might not cover data science in-depth (you will need to study in-depth by yourself)

2. data science;
-PROS: broad and in-depth coverage of data science syllabus
-CONS: restricted to searching for jobs in data science only and possibly programming as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 6:28pm On May 03, 2020
Oh I see.. even for 2 year courses?
Skymoore1004:
They have reduced it to £2000

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: tico1212(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.