Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,912 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093562 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:30pm On May 03, 2020
Right!
SegunWamiri:
I believe you meant to quote @Tomifolake cheesy

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:34pm On May 03, 2020
Have you sought external sponsorship yet?
Note that the 20 hours work will probably only be able to cover your rent (depending on where you rent), food and transport (And you might get a job that doesn't give you up to the 20 hours) but it will not even make any difference in the payment of your fees and this will distract you from your studies.

Tomifolake:
yes I have.. Sheffield Hallam is £27,810, Hertfordshire university is £13500 for the 1st year i am scared that this might put a financial burden on my folks at home even if i work for 20hrs as expected. Please if anyone has any advice or personal experience to share I will be glad to learn from you all . Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:41pm On May 03, 2020
No, the husband can't apply for a Tier 2 visa if his being able to get a visa all stems from his wife's anticipated Tier 4 visa. The husband would need to apply for a Tier 4 dependant visa which allows him to live and work in the UK while the wife has a valid stay. The husband's visa might not be ready in time for the wife's resumption since I reckon that the wife would want to submit her application as early as possible within the 3 months timeframe before resumption which would likely be before the wedding in November; UKVI timelines can be a bit longer than stated at times.
No one can say for sure that the husband will get a dependant visa, it all boils down to putting correct information on the application as well as being able to prove that there's a genuine marital relationship between the couple while also being able to show strong ties to Nigeria and submitting accurate financial information/evidence amongst other things.
Dfazz:
Please I will appreciate a head up here, can a spouse apply for a tier 2 visa while in Nigeria for her partner after securing a tier 4 visa for herself.
The partner is in UAE planning to return by October 2020.
The wife has just secured admission for January 2021 and looking at applying for her tier 4 visa by August, the visa might be issued before husband arrive, they are planning to get married by November 2020.
Her fear is if it will be possible for the husband to get a tier 2 visa before she resume for studies in January 2021 and what are the likely chances for a denial.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dfazz: 7:00pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=mimilyrics post=89148726]No, the husband can't aplly for a Tier 2 visa if his being able to get a visa all stems from his wife's anticipated Tier 4 visa. Thanks for the clarificationa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dfazz: 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
This is well detailed i appreciate thank you

quote author=mamacajah post=89145577]

This is putting the cart before the horse. One thing at a time. You can apply for dependent visa either when applying for your study visa or after you have began your studies. You just need to ensure you follow all the requirements at the time. She needs to secure her visa first, hence she should start working towards t
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:18pm On May 03, 2020
Yup
Yimi4real:
Oh I see.. even for 2 year courses?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2020
Ibuske:
The schools bolded here are offering MA and not MSc Social Works. Both are Masters Program me but with some differences.

MA Social Works is not as in depth as MSC.
Please it is advisable, one reads the course modules to know your interests, depending on what you actually want.

Yes, it's MA. and that's what most of the schools offer. In fact, it's ONLY one school that I can recall offering MSc. Social work and it's a one year program. So it's a bit startling when you say a MSC. is indepth when compared to MA. After all, one can proceed to PhD if one desires with a Master of Arts degree in Social work and at the same time qualify as a professional social worker.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Application is free but not online like others. Have to email your documents over etc.

No for the bolded except you have extensive work experience

Yes, it's free for most programs at Liverpool Hope but for MA. Social work, prospective students must apply through UCAS and that means paying of course.

So @Gavrelino123: I paid 20 pounds only smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2020
Yimi4real:
£5500

Thanks for the info. Is he London or Newcastle applicant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 12:44am On May 04, 2020
Hello once again, I will be proceeding to make deposit payment as against September, deadline is June 1st but I want to make payment early because I am paying through form A and it can take up to a week, if not more than (better to be safe).

Recently, the pm said schools will be opening in the coming weeks. I am kinda optimistic about resuming in September amidst all these coronavirus issue. Moreover, September is still like 4 months from now, a lot can happen within then.

Advisable to proceed with deposit payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yelei(m): 12:47am On May 04, 2020
Hello Tobi, Thanks for you input to this forum so far.
I have an offer for MSc Psychology conversion course.
You once said after such course, one can only work as an assistant psychologist. My question is
1) can a assistant psychologist get a tier2 sponsor?
2) if no, during the 2yrs psw, can one do another 1yrs MSc in psychology to specialize so as to get a tier2 sponsor?
Thanks as I wait for your response.
Tobexin:
definitely you can since you are on a tier 2 visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:48am On May 04, 2020
If you’re fine with the possibility of distance learning until December, then sure go ahead.
pittoilet:
Hello once again, I will be proceeding to make deposit payment as against September, deadline is June 1st but I want to make payment early because I am paying through form A and it can take up to a week, if not more than (better to be safe).

Recently, the pm said schools will be opening in the coming weeks. I am kinda optimistic about resuming in September amidst all these coronavirus issue. Moreover, September is still like 4 months from now, a lot can happen within then.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:51am On May 04, 2020
Doesn’t matter if you’re main or assistant. As long as your job meets the requirements of tier 2 & your employer is happy to issue you a COS for visa, you’re fine.

But you cannot do the bolded. The PSW is strictly for job search, cannot study on it or extend it. Perhaps, you can request for a curtailment, leave the country and reapply for a study visa. However note that most institutions cannot issue you a CAS for another level 7 study in the U.K. Reason ( most times) being that there’s no progression from previous studies or level.
yelei:
You once said after such course, one can only work as an assistant psychologist. My question is
2) if no, during the 2yrs psw, can one do another 1yrs MSc in psychology to specialize so as to get a tier2 sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tobexin(m): 12:59am On May 04, 2020
yelei:
you can get a tier 2 visa sponsorship based on that!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yelei(m): 1:23am On May 04, 2020
Ok, thanks for your response, I really appreciate.
Skymoore1004:
Doesn’t matter if you’re main or assistant. As long as your job meets the requirements of tier 2 & your employer is happy to issue you a COS for visa, you’re fine.

But you cannot do the bolded. The PSW is strictly for job search, cannot study on it or extend it. Perhaps, you can request for a curtailment, leave the country and reapply for a study visa. However note that most institutions cannot issue you a CAS for another level 7 study in the U.K. Reason ( most times) being that there’s no progression from previous studies or level.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yelei(m): 1:27am On May 04, 2020
Tobexin:
you can get a tier 2 visa sponsorship based on that!
Thanks for your response.
One More thing, is the conversion course compulsory?
Cos I saw a school that accepts Applicants for MSc health psychology if they have a background in health related course like nursing or public health but haven't been registered with the British psychology society.

Also, would this not be an issue when job hunting?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tobexin(m): 2:30am On May 04, 2020
yelei:

Cos I saw a school that accepts Applicants for MSc health psychology if they have a background in health related course like nursing or public health but haven't been registered with the British psychology society.

if you can meet the criteria of the school I will advise you opt it for that since it a core specialized Psychology. In terms of hunting for job you won’t face any issues. UK is only interested in you capable of doing the job! Much emphasis is not placed on certificate! Don’t be surprised you might even have an higher certificate than your boss in the office.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:50am On May 04, 2020
Welcome smiley
yelei:
Ok, thanks for your response, I really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 3:50am On May 04, 2020
yelei:

I will encourage you to go for the MSc health psychology if you meet the criteria. I took health psychology as a unit in my undergraduate studies and I can tell you it is worth specializing in it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 7:55am On May 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yup
Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 8:37am On May 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yup

Great! Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 8:38am On May 04, 2020
Phenmeson:

Thanks for the info. Is he London or Newcastle applicant?
Newcastle but I hear it has now been reduced to £2000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:03am On May 04, 2020
The decision to pay the deposit is up to you but if you've made up your mind and you know that you won't change it, proceed. This is because if you change your mind and your school is to refund, it will be minus Administrative fees.
pittoilet:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 9:13am On May 04, 2020
mimilyrics:
The decision to pay the deposit is up to you but if you've made up your mind and you know that you won't change it, proceed. This is because if you change your mind and your school is to refund, it will be minus Administrative fees.
He has to read the refund policy
I think some schools don't refund until evidence of visa denial is showed I maybe wrong tho...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:49am On May 04, 2020
You are right. That's why I said if the school is to refund; it wasn't an absolute statement. Some don't and those that do will deduct an administrative fee if visa is denied and they are to refund.
Phatkings:

He has to read the refund policy
I think some schools don't refund until evidence of visa denial is showed I maybe wrong tho...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yelei(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2020
Tobexin:
if you can meet the criteria of the school I will advise you opt it for that since it a core specialized Psychology. In terms of hunting for job you won’t face any issues. UK is only interested in you capable of doing the job! Much emphasis is not placed on certificate! Don’t be surprised you might even have an higher certificate than your boss in the office.

Okay, thanks. Hope an offer comes through.
I have Bsc public health and it's one of the criterias although, they said on the site that the offer would be subject to a interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yelei(m): 10:34am On May 04, 2020
Mindlog:

I will encourage you to go for the MSc health psychology if you meet the criteria. I took health psychology as a unit in my undergraduate studies and I can tell you it is worth specializing in it.

Okay, iv sent in the application, awaiting a decision
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 12:27pm On May 04, 2020
Yimi4real:

Newcastle but I hear it has now been reduced to £2000

Tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.