Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095443 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
Do you have PM skills? How would you rate your excel skills? Any PMO experience? Are you looking at working in traditional or agile settings or both? Have you got prior PM experience? Are you looking at a PM certification I.e. Prince 2? Depending on the job level, all of the above might apply.
There are PM roles if you've got your skills and knowledge on top-notch mode. Most PM roles require you to hit the ground running so you've got to bring your A-game.
Above all getting a job in a particular field depends on how good you're at selling yourself and your skills.
adefund:
Please family, How good is MBA Strategic project management? Hope its chances of securing a professional job in the UK is certain to some extent or ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2020
sonofakin:
https://punchng.com/covid-19-charter-airlines-defy-flight-ban-fly-rich-nigerians-abroad/

Due to this report, it seems that all flight searches have been restricted in Nigeria. One is unable to try and book a flight even after going through several different sites!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2020
Yes dear, has to be through an agency sad
Dwebb55:

Due to this report, it seems that all flight searches have been restricted in Nigeria. One is unable to try and book a flight even after going through several different sites!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yes dear, has to be through an agency sad

Up till yesterday, I could check and compare prices online via the regular travel booking websites. Now, it's all gone!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
Maybe what you experienced was a temporary system failure. I just tried to book on Emirates website and I didn’t have any issues

Dwebb55:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
Good evening can someone help me with the link to book appointment and create the Uk profile
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Clarine: 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
duchess90:
Hi,

No, if there is , it will be clearly stated and there is no risk for refusal as long as you meet up with all the necessary documentation

There's no express booking on TLS.

Which ever centre is closer to you and that you can get a booking. It is the same process in all centre (Abuja or Lagos)

Try to avoid listening to hearsay

I love your response. In this journey please be optimistic and avoid hearsay. Go to the UK website and read to understand anytime you feel confused. Some agent don’t even know as much as you do. Good luck guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hello guys, so I need some clarification..all in the line of planning.. for payment of Visa and IHS fees, can one do Naira bank transfer or is payment only by card? Thanks for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2020
Only the latter... Payment only by card

mamacajah:
Hello guys, so I need some clarification..all in the line of planning.. for payment of Visa and IHS fees, can one do Naira bank transfer or is payment only by card? Thanks for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2020
Card payment only.
mamacajah:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
@bourne007, @mimilyrics, thanks for the response.
So do I open a domicillary account and pay by card since our banks have stopped all forex payments?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
That is my advice. With a dormicilliary account/card, you don't have to worry about the spend limits or ForEx rates when making your payments.
mamacajah:
@bourne007, @mimilyrics, thanks for the response.
So do I open a domicillary account and pay by card since our banks have stopped all forex payments?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sheriph: 12:16am On Aug 03, 2020
Hello house, i got an admission to study full time 15 months Masters in Bedfordshire against January 2021. Is it advisable to apply for tier 4 visa together with wife and son respectively or I should apply alone first while they apply once my student visa get approved . Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibuske: 12:46am On Aug 03, 2020
You all have been wonderful.

Please can one use his/her Certificate of Investment as proof of funds?.

Thank you all in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:53am On Aug 03, 2020
No smiley
Ibuske:
You all have been wonderful.

Please can one use his/her Certificate of Investment as proof of funds?.

Thank you all in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:55am On Aug 03, 2020
It doesn’t matter.
Whichever works better for you, in terms of showing maintenance money & meeting other requirements.
U.K. is not like Canada where you have to use your family as home ties in order to increase your chances of approval.

All the best smiley
sheriph:
Hello house, i got an admission to study full time 15 months Masters in Bedfordshire against January 2021. Is it advisable to apply for tier 4 visa together with wife and son respectively or I should apply alone first while they apply once my student visa get approved . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 1:08am On Aug 03, 2020
Hi everyone. I intend to submit my application today and make payments. I have my maintenance funds ready for about 2 months ago. 28days to today is 6th of July but I want to get a bank statement from 4th of July (30days) to be safe.

Now, peradventure I do not submit the application today, say I submit tomorrow, can I still use the same statement to apply tomorrow? Or do I request for a new one upto tomorrow's date?

Also how is the document uploading like, is it during application process on uk.gov website or when actually booking for appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:14am On Aug 03, 2020
No, if you submit tomorrow, you'd need to reprint for up to tomorrow's date so as to show the money in your account for tomorrow. This is because the ECO will usually count 28 days backwards from your application date.

You upload after you pick your appointment on TLS site. Make sure that your documents are scanned and saved as pdf.
pittoilet:
Hi everyone. I intend to submit my application today and make payments. I have my maintenance funds ready for about 2 months ago. 28days to today is 6th of July but I want to get a bank statement from 4th of July (30days) to be safe.

Now, peradventure I do not submit the application today, say I submit tomorrow, can I still use the same statement to apply tomorrow? Or do I request for a new one upto tomorrow's date?

Also how is the document uploading like, is it during application process on uk.gov website or when actually booking for appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibuske: 1:22am On Aug 03, 2020
Skymoore1004 4post=92397135:
No smiley

Thank you very much for this. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 1:23am On Aug 03, 2020
Thank you very much. I am actually in the middle of applying (declaration tab to be precise), just to make payment left. Also, I saw a letter of sponsor on the document checklist to be submitted. Do I need to provide this too or it's optional (since it's not being talked about very much here, was surprised to see it on the checklist)? I am being sponsored by my parent.

mimilyrics:
No, you'd need to reprint for up to tomorrow's date so as to show the money in your account for tomorrow. The ECO will usually count 28 days backwards from your application date.

You upload after you pick your appointment on TLS site. Make sure that your documents are scanned and saved as pdf.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bjpumps(f): 1:44am On Aug 03, 2020
Dear All,

Please I need some clarifications on the application process, at the moment, I do not have my CAS dox. yet. I'd like to know the following:

1. Do I wait to receive my CAS document before I go for my TB test or can I book it in anticipation?

2. Can I begin my Student visa on-line application while awaiting these document.

The last question is can someone help me understand better in simple terms, how long your funds are to be in your bank account in relation to when you should apply, I dont'quite understand the 28days/31days matter.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 2:08am On Aug 03, 2020
bjpumps:
Dear All,

Please I need some clarifications on the application process, at the moment, I do not have my CAS dox. yet. I'd like to know the following:

1. Do I wait to receive my CAS document before I go for my TB test or can I book it in anticipation?

2. Can I begin my Student visa on-line application while awaiting these document.

The last question is can someone help me understand better in simple terms, how long your funds are to be in your bank account in relation to when you should apply, I dont'quite understand the 28days/31days matter.

Thank you.

You can book for Tb test while waiting for CAS.
You can't start your online application because you need your CAS in filling the application.

The gurus will explain the last question to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sheriph: 7:00am On Aug 03, 2020
Skymoore1004:
It doesn’t matter.
Whichever works better for you, in terms of showing maintenance money & meeting other requirements.
U.K. is not like Canada where you have to use your family as home ties in order to increase your chances of approval.

All the best smiley

Thank so much bro. Appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 7:10am On Aug 03, 2020
Everything you see on the checklist are as a result of the details you put in your application. if it is included,your best bet is to provide it.

If your parents are sponsoring you, you could in addition to their statement and your birth certificate provide a letter saying they are sponsoring your studies, with their signature.You could go a step further to notarize this letter (not compulsory).

Cheers

pittoilet:
Thank you very much. I am actually in the middle of applying (declaration tab to be precise), just to make payment left. Also, I saw a letter of sponsor on the document checklist to be submitted. Do I need to provide this too or it's optional (since it's not being talked about very much here, was surprised to see it on the checklist)? I am being sponsored by my parent.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 7:17am On Aug 03, 2020
Hi,

I think the issue of bank statement has been broadly discussed. Please find the link for the guidance document on Tier 4 guidance. Use the search button and go to 'tier 4 ' or bank statement' or maintenance funds'

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/843003/T4_Migrant_Guidance_October_2019.pdf

Read through and see if it helps.

This guide is for visa application, some schools require bank statement before issuing your CAS so you have to factor that in too.

Cheers

bjpumps:
Dear All,

[b]The last question is can someone help me understand better in simple terms, how long your funds are to be in your bank account in relation to when you should apply, I dont'quite understand the 28days/31days matter.
[/b]
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2020
As long as the bank statement is not up to 31days from the date of printing you can still use it for example ,if you print your statement today the week of August 3rd ,you can use it up to September 3rd.

The rule of 28days counting from when you apply online will only be used if you submit a bank statement printed after you apply online. For example, if you apply online August 3rd and use a bank statement printed August 4th ,the 28 days will be counted from August 3rd to July 3

mimilyrics:
No, if you submit tomorrow, you'd need to reprint for up to tomorrow's date so as to show the money in your account for tomorrow. This is because the ECO will usually count 28 days backwards from your application date.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 8:39am On Aug 03, 2020
To people that have submitted visa application or those that are aware, please what is the nearest available appointment date (free and paid)? Is it possible to easily get a close appointment even if one is going to pay for it? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2020
Akchi32:
I've finally booked for 4th August. Thanks.

For those who are finding it difficult to book an appointment, please keeping trying you'll definitely find a date.

All the best at your interview tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cdaniel: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2020
Sounds like a Napian, if yes, let's hook up.
adefund:
Please family, How good is MBA Strategic project management? Hope its chances of securing a professional job in the UK is certain to some extent or ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ahadeyhola: 9:36am On Aug 03, 2020
Pls I have been trying to call the TB test centre but not going through anyone in the house that can help. These are the numbers I have been calling.
08022264059, 09099991256
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:37am On Aug 03, 2020
No offence meant but that's not quite right; the 28-day rule applies irrespective of when you print your statement so the OP has to reprint the statement to show funds on his online submission date.

The guidance clearly states that the funds should cover the 28-31 days preceding the application and not later than the date of application. If the OP applies tomorrow and has a statement that ends today, he has to print another one that covers 28 days including tomorrow because tomorrow is part of the 28-day count. The closing balance that will be used will be the closing balance on the day you submit, not the closing balance of the day before.

In cases where people's statements show funds beyond 31 days prior to the application or a day(s) later than the application, the ECO just counts 28-days backwards from the date of submission to ensure that the money has been in there for 28-days leading up to the application so you are right on this.

The guidance deals with the period the funds should cover and is actually silent on the age/ print date of the bank statement; the general use of 31 days after printing/before biometrics is actually a general advice due to document integrity reasons and situations in which the document date was an ish but this is not stated in the guidance. Only loan and scholarship letters have the age/date of the document stated.

iamlinton:
As long as the bank statement is not up to 31days from the date of printing you can still use it for example ,if you print your statement today the week of August 3rd ,you can use it up to September 3rd.

The rule of 28days counting from when you apply online will only be used if you submit a bank statement printed after you apply online. For example, if you apply online August 3rd and use a bank statement printed August 4th ,the 28 days will be counted from August 3rd to July 3

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.